Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, August 20

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning! What a weird bunch of weather changes this past week- the temps are alllll over the place. But at least it won't rain down the shore. We might either freeze or blow away but we won't get rained on. Thank goodness for small favors. ;)

I got so much done yesterday, I was dang proud of myself. Everything on my To-Do list: Check! My AJ challenge is ready to go live on Friday, Lesson Plan #2 has been developed, food shopping order and laundry- all set. I made a super delicious roasted cauliflower and caramelized onion quiche for dinner. Soooo yummy.
I packed up some of my stuff for today but sheesh I think I need to pack extra layers. You'd think I was going away for a week instead of for a few hours.
20087551.png
:rotfl:

Let me wrap this up, we are leaving here around 7.30, picking my mom up at 8.30, and then should be on the beach by 11.

HAGD!

MariJ

Yay for the beach, should be glorious there today Chris! It's such a pretty early morning in NJ and yes! Freezing here, it was 57º when I woke up and windy. Don't think it's supposed to get over 74º today, amazing.
Enjoy the shore! :beach1:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning! What a weird bunch of weather changes this past week- the temps are alllll over the place. But at least it won't rain down the shore. We might either freeze or blow away but we won't get rained on. Thank goodness for small favors. ;)

I got so much done yesterday, I was dang proud of myself. Everything on my To-Do list: Check! My AJ challenge is ready to go live on Friday, Lesson Plan #2 has been developed, food shopping order and laundry- all set. I made a super delicious roasted cauliflower and caramelized onion quiche for dinner. Soooo yummy.
I packed up some of my stuff for today but sheesh I think I need to pack extra layers. You'd think I was going away for a week instead of for a few hours.
20087551.png
:rotfl:

Let me wrap this up, we are leaving here around 7.30, picking my mom up at 8.30, and then should be on the beach by 11.

HAGD!
Have a great time!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning,
YAY for me! After almost 2 weeks I finally walked this morning! I went to bed early last night, got a good night's sleep and was ready to get up when Mark left for work at 6:45. It was a cool 64* but felt great for the 2-mile trek!
We drove in the rain to Mark's daughter's house so Mark could climb a ladder to declutter her outside drain spouts that were clogged with leaves. Fortunately it was not raining too hard and the temp was warm enough that being out in the weather was not a big deal.
No plans so far for the day. Ilene must not be back home yet because she didn't call me to make plans for today.
I do have scrapping to catch up on.....the last Monthly Review of Anna's that I worked on was the first half of May. So, I think I will work on that today.
HAGD!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning ladies... it is another very rainy day and tomorrow will be the same. I am very happy that you all sent me some moisture! Even the grass is starting to turn green again :lovey3: . I will have another day of working on MIL 's birthday gift and card and then hopefully spend some time doing some digi scrapping! Not sure if I will be hiking tomorrow as it looks like it will be a very wet day and it will be slippery out there on Stoney Hill, there won't be any views as it will be dark and socked in with foggy cloud. Not much else happening around our place today, except that my nephew and family are stopping by to say goodbye to us this evening.

Good for you for accomplishing so much yesterday Chris!! Have a wonderful time at the shore, I hope that sun warms you all up ! Enjoy!!
YAY for me! After almost 2 weeks I finally walked this morning! I went to bed early last night, got a good night's sleep and was ready to get up when Mark left for work at 6:45. It was a cool 64* but felt great for the 2-mile trek!
I need to get out there and get some walking in also, but I am not a fan of getting soaked while I do! The temps have cooled down here also and I think that is why I have been sleeping so well lately. Nice that Mark got the gutters cleaned for his daughter ! My DH is 70 and I really hate to see him go up on a ladder, but he got our gutters blown off when it was so very dry, so it was an easier job. We also have gutter guards which helps so much, but they still get filled with those darn fir needles. Enjoy your 2 mile trek today!

I hope that you ladies all have a wonderful day! I am off to the shower :showering2: and then to the craft room for a few hours. :bye2:

AK_Tracy

Good Morning Ladies!
Where oh where did yesterday go? Seems like I was just saying hi and then next thing I know its time to have coffee again. I dont mind the coffee part but what happened to yesterday?

That's awesome Chris! Good job getting everything done. I swear quick trips require more stuff then a vacation. I hope you have an amazing day on the shore.
Freezing here, it was 57º
I'm sorry youre so cold. I would be in shorts. Well, as long as the sun was shining. We're 39 at the moment. Definitely in fall pattern here. I even saw a leaf fall off the tree.
After almost 2 weeks I finally walked this morning!
Woooo hoooo!!! I bet it felt amazing to get out and walk again.
I am very happy that you all sent me some moisture! Even the grass is starting to turn green again :lovey3: .
I'm so happy youre enjoying the rain! Its so nice when things green up and you dont have to try and water them.

Today is another day that will go fast and I dont have much planned, just coffee with a friend but time flies when were together and laughing non stop.

@Cherylndesigns I hope you have a day at home that's calm and quiet. Sounds like its been a crazy couple days of visiting, driving, and eating.

Have a wonderful day ladies!!!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Had a nice long sleep - no waking up in the middle of the night! Still slightly sore back from clearing stuff away. Turns out the curl on the photos came back once I took them out of the press! <<< sigh >>> So packed the press back into the box and used the dolly to haul it back to the garage... it weighs a lot plus being big and awkward to move. Have a few more tricks to try on the curled photos. Found an archival site with directions on how to uncurl them... Looks like it may take time to get them all done. So will be working on the weddings without curled photos to begin with.

In the meantime, I started playing around with the designs for the title pages. Finally came up with a design that works. Glued the edges of the cardstock to the back of the vellum with gold scrolls; glued translucent ribbon on left and near top of page; placed the photo on an angle and used gold photo corners to hold it in place; and added the banner with name/date. Each title page will have a different colored cardstock and different colored ribbons. The rest of the wedding pages will use the same color cardstock for the professional photos and photo sleeves for the other photos. I started with Jim's photos as there was the least amount of photos for his wedding. (His wife in the photos is the one who passed away several years ago.)

IMG_3382.JPG
I did a search for cardstock in my stash to find colors to match the bridal colors for each of the weddings. A great way to use the cardstock... and ribbons from my stash.

@faerywings LOL over needing to pack even more clothes even if it only for a short stay at the beach!!! :floorlaugh: Enjoy the time with your mom and just relax.

@vickyday so glad you got back to walking... I know you missed it. Great that you are feeling well again.

@taxed4ever I hear you about not going hiking when the weather is foggy and wet... no point in hiking if you can't see to enjoy the views on the hike. Good luck on helping the in-laws with the blinds... and glad they are close by so no long trips to help them.

DD is calling. BBL

AK_Tracy

In the meantime, I started playing around with the designs for the title pages. Finally came up with a design that works. Glued the edges of the cardstock to the back of the vellum with gold scrolls; glued translucent ribbon on left and near top of page; placed the photo on an angle and used gold photo corners to hold it in place; and added the banner with name/date. Each title page will have a different colored cardstock and different colored ribbons. The rest of the wedding pages will use the same color cardstock for the professional photos and photo sleeves for the other photos. I started with Jim's photos as there was the least amount of photos for his wedding. (His wife in the photos is the one who passed away several years ago.)
Oh Kay this is stunning!!! I love how you created the page and its beautiful. Will be so pretty when it is all done. I hope the curled photos cooperate and lay flat.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Even the grass is starting to turn green again
It's amazing what a little bit of moisture can do!
I need to get out there and get some walking in also, but I am not a fan of getting soaked while I do!
I know what you mean! If it is just a light mist I don't mind but I don't want to get soaked!
I bet it felt amazing to get out and walk again.
It really did! Even though I just about have to MAKE myself do it, LOL! I'd much rather stay in bed!
Had a nice long sleep - no waking up in the middle of the night!
I love it when I have nights like that! They come too few and far between!
Found an archival site with directions on how to uncurl them.
Keep us informed as to what you finally do that works!
I started playing around with the designs for the title pages. Finally came up with a design that works.
The design is beautiful!
Great that you are feeling well again.
Thank you! I take each day as it comes.....no guarantees on any given day!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I am calling it quits for today... Been busy working on Jim's wedding album photos most of the day. Use the gold photo corners for several of the professional photos. Then ended up cutting out several frames for some of the professional photos. Found an olive green inkpad so stamped a few sayings in the background on the olive cardstock, Then put the other photos in the photo sleeves.
IT IS ALL FINISHED!!!! :spinningchair:dance4 :dancingbfly: :dancing6: :spinningchair: ONE SECTION DONE and in the binder...only 4 more to go!!!

For those of you who want to see the archival suggestion on uncurling photo: https://libguides.umflint.edu/blog/Preserving-Your-Family-Photos I will be trying this on a few of my photos to see if it works. Need to get some Freezer Paper in the next day or so. And clean one of my clear bins before I start. Will let you know how it goes.

Time to clean up the mess and put things back in the bins... then relax with the chair massager in the recliner for an hour or so.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Chris @faerywings have a great time! Kay @BrightEyes I LOVE what you've created so far! Yes, I'd say you've had a day of working on your project. Packing it in for the day sounds good.

I'll try to come back in and do some personals later. Adrienne came down for a visit, and I've been messing with my Apple watch on and off all day. It had updated overnight but was stuck. I had to go on several YouTube videos to figure it out, and they didn't work, for some reason. I FINALLY hard booted it off again and this time when I powered it back up, it was magically fixed. Yay me. I've had two Apple watches, the first one lived for a very long time and Chuck got me this one for my birthday year before last. So, it's very special.

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
@faerywings Jeepers, over achiever!
I got my hair and nails done, a couple loads of laundry & biggest chunk of time was trying to find inspiration for another challenge. Vacation slowed my roll, I wouldn't give up a second of it, but was stressing because I'd only done 2 layouts so far. I did get a double done today & now, true to my Charlie Brown roots, started worrying about being in Key West for 3 weeks in Jan. & Feb. Some days I'm my own worst enemy.
HAGD!

@faerywings

" BEACH" my serenity word!" BEACH" my serenity word!
@MariJ said:

Yay for the beach, should be glorious there today Chris! It's such a pretty early morning in NJ and yes! Freezing here, it was 57º when I woke up and windy. Don't think it's supposed to get over 74º today, amazing.
Enjoy the shore! :beach1:

4 months ago 57° was balmy, today I agree @ 57° it's freezing in my book.

@vickyday said:
I do have scrapping to catch up on.....the last Monthly Review of Anna's that I worked on was the first half of May. So, I think I will work on that today.

Nice to know I wasn't playing "ketchup" by myself !

@AK_Tracy said:
I dont mind the coffee part but what happened to yesterday?

I hear you Twin, every day stems to disappear faster than the day before.

@BrightEyes said:
In the meantime, I started playing around with the designs for the title pages. Finally came up with a design that works. Glued the edges of the cardstock to the back of the vellum with gold scrolls; glued translucent ribbon on left and near top of page; placed the photo on an angle and used gold photo corners to hold it in place; and added the banner with name/date. Each title page will have a different colored cardstock and different colored ribbons. The rest of the wedding pages will use the same color cardstock for the professional photos and photo sleeves for the other photos.

OMG, Kay, are you actually triplets? I'm in serious AWE of all you accomplish ! Those wedding albums are going to be beyond gorgeous & such an incredible, incredible treasure for your kids. I'm sure it has to be bitterweet scrapping your late DIL.
Cherylndesigns said:
Yay me. I've had two Apple watches, the first one lived for a very long time and Chuck got me this one for my birthday year before last. So, it's very special.
I'm sooo glad it started behaving for you again and I understand the importance of having that happen.

Totally goofed up quotes today, sorry for the mess

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Jeanne @JeanneMN I was SO thrilled when I finally got it fixed! I will be SO sad when this one dies. I've been obsessed all day with figuring this out. I've always had Mickey Mouse as my watch face and he taps his little foot and speaks the time in his "Mickey Voice". :heartpumpred::heartpumpred:

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
When & if that day comes you will find a way to honor this treasure- Several years ago my grandson left me a voicemail on our answering machine & had it on there for several years and instead of recording on my phone & archiving it, I accidentally deleted it one year. It still hurts my heart to think about it.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
When & if that day comes you will find a way to honor this treasure- Several years ago my grandson left me a voicemail on our answering machine & had it on there for several years and instead of recording on my phone & archiving it, I accidentally deleted it one year. It still hurts my heart to think about it.
Oh my goodness, how terribly sad, Jeanne. I'm treasuring any videos I have of Chuck's voice right now.