Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, April 2

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I almost typed March up there and it sure as heck still feels like March - it is 41* and raining. It stopped raining for a few hours yesterday afternoon and I was thrilled when my friend asked if I wanted to go for a short walk. Even though it wasn't raining at that point, I came home cold and damp anyway.

OT: I somehow got sidetracked and spent the last 9 minutes researching the difference between damselflies and dragonflies and I have NO IDEA why!
Huhn. SMH

Anyway.... back on topic. LOL

How was everyone's day? I got a ton of stuff done even if it doesn't feel like it. I had time to scrap a page and upload two that went live in the shop. I placed my grocery order for tomorrow, caught up on my laundry, did yoga, and took a walk. I bailed on Coloring Crew, figuring I was going there to get out of the house and I'll be out of the house a few days this week. The highlight of the day was when Scott took his work break around dinner time and sat with us while we ate. I miss having just the 4 of us for dinner. He always makes Caitlyn "snort-wheeze-laugh" and no one else can do it, only him. I miss that sound, we would hear them almost every night after dinner which would get me and Gary laughing.

I'm cleaning for my parents today, getting my dad's room ready for his surgery on the 19th. They were good when they were up here on Sunday, let's see how they behave today when it's just me. *fingers crossed*
My dad had a really bad bloody nose yesterday afternoon and my mom called in a panic. He wants to stop taking his blood thinners early. He needs to stop them a week before the surgery but my mom thinks he should call his doctor first. He under-reacts and she overreacts so that's a topic I am going to have to tread lightly on. I suggested to her yesterday not to push him to call the doctor unless he has another one, because if she pushes, he digs in.

Gary is cooking dinner tonight so that's one less thing I have to worry about. :D

Sending everyone a big hug today! :hug4:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I almost typed March up there and it sure as heck still feels like March - it is 41* and raining. It stopped raining for a few hours yesterday afternoon and I was thrilled when my friend asked if I wanted to go for a short walk. Even though it wasn't raining at that point, I came home cold and damp anyway.

OT: I somehow got sidetracked and spent the last 9 minutes researching the difference between damselflies and dragonflies and I have NO IDEA why!
Huhn. SMH

Anyway.... back on topic. LOL

How was everyone's day? I got a ton of stuff done even if it doesn't feel like it. I had time to scrap a page and upload two that went live in the shop. I placed my grocery order for tomorrow, caught up on my laundry, did yoga, and took a walk. I bailed on Coloring Crew, figuring I was going there to get out of the house and I'll be out of the house a few days this week. The highlight of the day was when Scott took his work break around dinner time and sat with us while we ate. I miss having just the 4 of us for dinner. He always makes Caitlyn "snort-wheeze-laugh" and no one else can do it, only him. I miss that sound, we would hear them almost every night after dinner which would get me and Gary laughing.

I'm cleaning for my parents today, getting my dad's room ready for his surgery on the 19th. They were good when they were up here on Sunday, let's see how they behave today when it's just me. *fingers crossed*
My dad had a really bad bloody nose yesterday afternoon and my mom called in a panic. He wants to stop taking his blood thinners early. He needs to stop them a week before the surgery but my mom thinks he should call his doctor first. He under-reacts and she overreacts so that's a topic I am going to have to tread lightly on. I suggested to her yesterday not to push him to call the doctor unless he has another one, because if she pushes, he digs in.

Gary is cooking dinner tonight so that's one less thing I have to worry about. :D

Sending everyone a big hug today! :hug4:
Sounds like you had a productive day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday Glad to hear you have been on the bike and walking and your back is doing good! You sure were busy so it is especially good news that you aren't hurting today.
Were you able to see Ilene? Or did you meet Mark for lunch?

@bcgal00 Good for you with the photos all organized. Do you delete the blurry ones or those that are very similar? Every once in a while when it looks like my Google storage is getting full I go through and delete some but never enough to make a difference.
Sorry to hear that your weather is crummy this week too. I feel like it should be sunny and warm already.
Oooh, I could use a good ghost story to read. I am getting bored with the books I've been reading and haven't read something spooky in a long time.

@BrightEyes How has your knee been feeling since you've been staying off of it? I know you like Anne Bishop so I looked on Libby and Hoopla for anything by her. They had one ebook but it was the 2nd in a series. The same thing with Kay Hooper. pfft. Is there another author similar to them you recommend?

@Cherylndesigns Why am I not surprised that Braden brought a crew of friends home with him? :) I must have been just what you needed -- the dinner table was just different enough to ease the sting of Chuck's empty seat. After Sam's brother died, his friends converged at the house and I think that helped Sue and the family so incredibly much. Young people, full of life and optimism can be a balm.
Pictures of your hair, please!
BTW- I need to get my hair cut and possibly colored soon and I still have Steph's photos to show my hairdresser :D
Sending love and patience to you for your phone appt today.

love to you all!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning All,
Had a productive day yesterday. I talked to Ilene and she told me their yard sale was very productive over the weekend and that they are doing another one this weekend. They are making money for the trip we will be taking in 2 weeks up to Sight and Sound in Strasburg, PA. So, I told Ilene I was going to get busy and go through my she shed to get rid of some of my craft stuff I am no longer using. Hopefully I will kill two birds with one stone.....get rid of stuff that has just been sitting there for 3 or more years and make extra money to take on the trip! I need to go to the dollar store today and get yard sale stickers. And I want to look for more stuff in the she shed. I pulled out a lot of stuff yesterday. I probably worked about 6 hours and didn't even make a dent! You would not believe all of the new stuff I have bought on sale and have never used! But, maybe being crafters, you DO believe me! ;)

I think we are supposed to have rain today. At least it looks like it right now. I got so warm working in the she shed that I had to turn the air on in the house and strip out of my long pants and shirt and put on short sleeves, capris, and flip flops in the afternoon! Plus I turned on the AC in the shed to work!

That's about it for me!
Hope you all have a wonderful day!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday Glad to hear you have been on the bike and walking and your back is doing good! You sure were busy so it is especially good news that you aren't hurting today.

@bcgal00 Good for you with the photos all organized. Do you delete the blurry ones or those that are very similar? Every once in a while when it looks like my Google storage is getting full I go through and delete some but never enough to make a difference.
Sorry to hear that your weather is crummy this week too. I feel like it should be sunny and warm already.
Oooh, I could use a good ghost story to read. I am getting bored with the books I've been reading and haven't read something spooky in a long time.

@BrightEyes How has your knee been feeling since you've been staying off of it? I know you like Anne Bishop so I looked on Libby and Hoopla for anything by her. They had one ebook but it was the 2nd in a series. The same thing with Kay Hooper. pfft. Is there another author similar to them you recommend?

@Cherylndesigns Why am I not surprised that Braden brought a crew of friends home with him? :) I must have been just what you needed -- the dinner table was just different enough to ease the sting of Chuck's empty seat. After Sam's brother died, his friends converged at the house and I think that helped Sue and the family so incredibly much. Young people, full of life and optimism can be a balm.
BTW- I need to get my hair cut and possibly colored soon and I still have Steph's photos to show my hairdresser :D

love to you all!
HA! We cross-posted!
Yes I went to lunch with Mark. And did hear from Ilene, but we didn't get together. Instead we worked on getting yard sale stuff together for this weekend at her granddaughter's house. I kinda did overwork my back yesterday. I was hurting last night and sat with my heating pad. But today it feels OK. I will have to watch lifting heavy boxes!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
BRRRR!!! 29*F right now!!!:brrr::brrr::brrr: But it is suppose to get to 60* by late afternoon! We got rain off and on most of the day yesterday. May get a few showers this morning. Can't complain too loudly as we need all the rain and/or snow we can get. Yes... the mountains got snow yesterday and there was winter weather alerts for snowy roads in the northern part of the state. Guess Mother Nature was just reminding us that April could still have winter weather!

@faerywings Wow, you were one busy gal yesterday!! It would take me a week to get all that done!! Glad Scott came over for a visit. Hope things go okay while you are helping at your folks' place today. Sorry you couldn't find those authors through your library. Not sure if those authors have digital books or not. Okay... let's see... Karen Robarts writes some similar books - with ghosts, etc. I also really enjoy her other books. And I like Linda Howard's books. And Heather Graham's series with the "Krewe of Hunters" is also good. My knee is still "iffy" due to the high humidity but staying off of it did help some.

@vickyday sorry you over-did with your back. Yes... you have to be really careful and not lift boxes. Good luck at the garage sale on selling all those "craft items". I have a ton of fabric/sewing things plus a lot of rubber stamping stuff I should get rid of, too. But I have decided to let the kids worry about them once I am gone!! :spinningchair:

Hoping to hear from Tax gal that my IRS Tax forms are done soon. Will combine the trip down to her office with a trip to the Base Pharmacy to see if my Rx is ready.

Going to look at the April Challenges and see what I can work on. HAGD

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
BRRRR!!! 29*F right now!!!:brrr::brrr::brrr: But it is suppose to get to 60* by late afternoon! We got rain off and on most of the day yesterday. May get a few showers this morning. Can't complain too loudly as we need all the rain and/or snow we can get. Yes... the mountains got snow yesterday and there was winter weather alerts for snowy roads in the northern part of the state. Guess Mother Nature was just reminding us that April could still have winter weather!

@faerywings Wow, you were one busy gal yesterday!! It would take me a week to get all that done!! Glad Scott came over for a visit. Hope things go okay while you are helping at your folks' place today. Sorry you couldn't find those authors through your library. Not sure if those authors have digital books or not. Okay... let's see... Karen Robarts writes some similar books - with ghosts, etc. I also really enjoy her other books. And I like Linda Howard's books. And Heather Graham's series with the "Krewe of Hunters" is also good. My knee is still "iffy" due to the high humidity but staying off of it did help some.

@vickyday sorry you over-did with your back. Yes... you have to be really careful and not lift boxes. Good luck at the garage sale on selling all those "craft items". I have a ton of fabric/sewing things plus a lot of rubber stamping stuff I should get rid of, too. But I have decided to let the kids worry about them once I am gone!! :spinningchair:

Hoping to hear from Tax gal that my IRS Tax forms are done soon. Will combine the trip down to her office with a trip to the Base Pharmacy to see if my Rx is ready.

Going to look at the April Challenges and see what I can work on. HAGD
Anything that doesn't sell will probably be the same for me.....let the kids worry about it, LOL! I like your way of thinking! ;)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O

love to you all!
I got up at 7:30 so my head would be on straight (as straight as it can be at this early hour. ) I have everything ready for my phone call at 9 AM. I am somewhat hopeful that the review will go quickly (after I send in the documents they need. They also said to have the checking account information ready where I wanted the money deposited to. I'll be back later on - Thanks for the good luck vibes. I'll be glad when this is over.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I purged some more so we will head to value village in a bit to drop off. I want to see if they have any zipper or deep pocket vests. I checked on amazon and can buy a utility vest there but VV would be so much cheaper. If I have one of these I won't need a backpack or purse for photo walks in the spring/summer. D will come for the drive and we'll grab some groceries on the way back.

We saw the first episode of S4 of Ozark last night but was too tired to stay up any later. We'll binge it later today. Jen should be home late tonight. Good thing she'll get over the mountains before the snow comes, starting tomorrow afternoon until Sat. We should get over 6". I should be ok for birding tomorrow morning and get home just as the snow starts. It'll be fun to try out my new binoculars.

@faerywings I try to cull some as I load them on lightroom but I don't get many throw away shots so keep the majority of them, hence the multiple EHDs :)

@Cherylndesigns hope it all goes smoothly.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Well, I'm checking back in. As I suspected, I still need to see our marriage license, then they can put the wheels in motion. We decided in lieu of getting it ready to mail and going to mail it that we'd make a "girls' day" tomorrow and go to Muskogee, go in person to the Social Security office, then go to TJ Maxx. They can make a copy of the license while I'm there (hopefully) and we can be on our way. That means no hair coloring tomorrow, but this takes precedence. I HAVE to get this stuff taken care of. We'll do my hair another day. Right now, it's just fine - light blonde. We figured we could drive it there faster than it would get there by mail, plus it's my ORIGINAL and it's pretty special. It's still in the beautiful suede folder that the minister put it in and you can tell all of the signatures are real, not copies. I was not wanting to mail it.

Thanks for all of your good vibes. Also, as I precited I took a long nap until about one pm. LOL I just couldn't stay awake, plus all of my adrenalin hit the wall. Chris @faerywings you know how much energy and vibrance those kids bring when they walk in the door. There were so many extras, and Braden hurriedly announced that they were all sitting at "the kids table", so we could leave Pappa Chuck's seat open. He's such a sweetheart. I can't believe how many times he hugged me and they were real strong hugs - I could feel his arm muscles. I love those kids. :heartpumpred::heartpumpred::heartpumpred:

You'll love this - Daisy was so confused when I got up so early. First of all, she didn't even want to get up, then of course, she followed me, because she follows me everywhere now. We got out to the kitchen and she just stood there and looked at me like "What's going on, Mom?" I finally got her to go out, she didn't want to eat (too early) and she went and laid on the couch. She was only too happy to take a long nap with me.

Well, I'm totally tired now mentally and physically and feel like chopped liver. I hope to get a little more energy as the day/evening goes by. Anyhoo, I'm still standing.

XOXO