Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, October 10

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I needed an extra minute to think about what day it is today. This week has been very busy and my brain isn't all that happy with me. It's crying for some time to chill out. And nope, not happening today either.
:hahano:

I survived the fasting blood work and got the results this morning. Cholesterol is high but lower than it was 2 years ago. Hopefully, I won't need meds for that but I guess I'll have to see what the doctor says after all of my tests are done. I have my Chest X-ray and DEXA appt this morning, check-in is at 9.30 and as soon as I get home, I need to finish prep for HS. Then I'll be off to work.

I barely had time to breathe yesterday- blood work, cleaning for my friend - that took longer than usual since she was in a chatty mood. I prepped the pumpkin and seeds that I need for today's lesson, paid bills, and then cooked dinner. oh and yeah, scrapped a page for the AJ challenge. And I talked to my mom who had an appt with a new doctor. She wasn't happy with the vascular surgeon she had been seeing for a few years and it took her months to get her records from that office so she could make the appt with the new one.

I still don't know if we are doing pumpkin chunking with the HS or not this afternoon so I have a full session prepped and I'll figure it out on the fly.

LOL! I just got a notification on my computer that today is World Mental Health Day. Do you think he Universe is trying to tell me something? :floorlaugh:

HAGD!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
OY VEY! I'm making another trip there this morning. At least Ilene will be going with me and the time will fly by because we talk non-stop! I'll probably spend the rest of the day with her.
Oh, that stinks! At least you and Ilene had a nice time together-- yes, I am assuming that you did and I am very confident in that assumption :D

@taxed4ever Hope you had a gorgeous hike and you aren't sore at all. How long into the season does your hiking group go?

Thats miserable. I always take coffee with me, hope you did too.
I thought about that but the lab is over a half hour away so I didn't trust myself in the car to not take a sip. Or 12.:giggle4:

Plus my car is FINALLY in the shop so we are down to one car.
That's where we are and it's a PITB.
What new recipe did you make? I hope the conversions were good. 150 people will be not so happy if they don't work out right.

@BrightEyes I'm glad that you are finally feeling a little better, glad that you stopped in to get checked out and get meds.
Yay for seeing the balloons! *fingers crossed that at least a few pictures came out scrap-able*
I remember what a beast I was when I couldn't have it.
yeah-- same here. I started to get that headache on my way home and I couldn't wait to get a mug.

@BoatLady I'm glad that you were ok and that you were able to scrap the occasion. How are your family and friends doing?

@Cherylndesigns big hugs and good thoughts to your family and friends in FL. I'm relieved that they are ok and that the power gets restored quickly.
How fun to watch the softball games with Ava. Any new wedding plans for them?

Hugs to you all!
:hug4:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I needed an extra minute to think about what day it is today. This week has been very busy and my brain isn't all that happy with me. It's crying for some time to chill out. And nope, not happening today either.
:hahano:

I survived the fasting blood work and got the results this morning. Cholesterol is high but lower than it was 2 years ago. Hopefully, I won't need meds for that but I guess I'll have to see what the doctor says after all of my tests are done. I have my Chest X-ray and DEXA appt this morning, check-in is at 9.30 and as soon as I get home, I need to finish prep for HS. Then I'll be off to work.

I barely had time to breathe yesterday- blood work, cleaning for my friend - that took longer than usual since she was in a chatty mood. I prepped the pumpkin and seeds that I need for today's lesson, paid bills, and then cooked dinner. oh and yeah, scrapped a page for the AJ challenge. And I talked to my mom who had an appt with a new doctor. She wasn't happy with the vascular surgeon she had been seeing for a few years and it took her months to get her records from that office so she could make the appt with the new one.

I still don't know if we are doing pumpkin chunking with the HS or not this afternoon so I have a full session prepped and I'll figure it out on the fly.

LOL! I just got a notification on my computer that today is World Mental Health Day. Do you think he Universe is trying to tell me something? :floorlaugh:

HAGD!
Hopefully, since your cholesterol is high.....but lower.....the doctor will see the change as positive and a trend and won't put you on meds!
Maybe tomorrow you will be able to breathe......tomorrow.......tomorrow.......

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Oh, that stinks! At least you and Ilene had a nice time together-- yes, I am assuming that you did and I am very confident in that assumption :D

@taxed4ever Hope you had a gorgeous hike and you aren't sore at all. How long into the season does your hiking group go?

I thought about that but the lab is over a half hour away so I didn't trust myself in the car to not take a sip. Or 12.:giggle4:

That's where we are and it's a PITB.
What new recipe did you make? I hope the conversions were good. 150 people will be not so happy if they don't work out right.

@BrightEyes I'm glad that you are finally feeling a little better, glad that you stopped in to get checked out and get meds.
Yay for seeing the balloons! *fingers crossed that at least a few pictures came out scrap-able*

yeah-- same here. I started to get that headache on my way home and I couldn't wait to get a mug.

@BoatLady I'm glad that you were ok and that you were able to scrap the occasion. How are your family and friends doing?

@Cherylndesigns big hugs and good thoughts to your family and friends in FL. I'm relieved that they are ok and that the power gets restored quickly.
How fun to watch the softball games with Ava. Any new wedding plans for them?

Hugs to you all!
:hug4:
Of course we did! ;)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Quick in and out.....again!
I've had a week like @faerywings ....... busy, busy, busy! I don't remember the last time I was out of the house 3 days in a row! Today, Ilene and I are going to breakfast over by Save-a-Buck before raiding that store! The breakfast place is called The Factory. I'm not at all sure how they came up with that name! Their "thing" is using a waffle iron with biscuit dough for a typical waffle biscuit, egg, cheese and bacon sandwich. Or any other sandwich you want. They do have the regular waffle batter, too. They have specialty coffee drinks, too.....as well as other drinks. We like to support it when we are in that area since it is a small "specialty" shop! Their prices really aren't bad, either! And they are Christian owned and operated, so we like that aspect, too!
After going to Save-a-Buck we will probably go back to Ilene's and play a few games of Qwirkle, but I can't stay as late as I usually do. Mark has a Dr. appointment this afternoon that I'm going with and then we will go out to eat dinner somewhere for my birthday celebration from the 8th. A few days late, but that's OK. Considering this is my last year in the 60's.....I'm in no hurry, LOL!
Tomorrow is definitely going to have to be a down day as the paperwork is piling up around me and I need to spend some time doing some pages for challenges, etc!
OK, gotta run. Shower time and then I'll have to leave to get Ilene.
Oh, and I was able to get my phone yesterday. I had to do a google maps on my laptop and print out the driving instructions the old school way since my GPS was at my destination, LOL! After Ilene and I got back in town I took her to her hair appointment. While she was getting her hair fixed I caught up with all of the people who tried to contact me on my birthday while my phone was an hour away! Then we went to lunch and back to her house for some.....you guessed it.....Qwirkle! I bought Mark's supper while at lunch, so I didn't have to worry with that after I finally got home.
OK. I'm gone! Have a lovely day!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Feeling better this morning. No coughing so far (been up for an hour) so guess the meds are finally working. Will go in for blood work at the lab once I finish taking the meds. Alas the hot air balloons are all to the south and west of me this morning. Just as well as I am still in PJs and it is only 60*F outside right now. Missed getting my trash and recycle bins out in time this morning. Good thing it is only me here as they never get full even if I miss a weekly pick-up.

Got a notice that my library books were due tomorrow so did an on-line renewal on them. Won't be going out for another couple of days. Not sure how long I might be contagious so will play it safe and stay home for a few more days. To be honest... even though the coughing has slowed down, I am still felling very tired. Spent most of yesterday in the recliner reading. So glad I have lots of frozen meals so no cooking - just nuking my meals.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning O ladies!! It is chilly but there are patches of blue sky out there, after a night of rainfall it sure smells great outside! I popped my head out the front door to check the hummingbird feeder and it smells so fresh and clean!! Not sure what my plans are for today, besides having to go get some eggs from Hope Farm. I made a layout the other day and I need to get that posted this morning. Trying to figure out how I can incorporate it into one of the Challenges :thinking2:. Perhaps it will not be a challenge page. Anyway yesterdays hike was great, it was a tough one, but he views from the top of Cobble Hill were stunning! Lots of switchbacks up and down, so it didn't seem to be as tough as I expected, but man my legs were talking to me when I got home! I should have hopped into a hot bath and soaked for a bit. I am a bit stiff and sore today, hopefully a walk today will work out the kinks.

Wow such a busy, busy day for you! Glad that your blood work got done and that your cholesterol levels are lower than they were, I would think that your doctor will tell you to keep up the good work! Sure hope you have some downtime soon, sounds like you will be having another very busy day today! I bet you secretly are loving being so busy!! :giggle4:
Hope you had a gorgeous hike and you aren't sore at all. How long into the season does your hiking group go?
I did have a great hike, the weather was sunny and warm and our hiking group goes year round, the only time they don't go is if the weather is just too bad to hike safely.
Oh, and I was able to get my phone yesterday. I had to do a google maps on my laptop and print out the driving instructions the old school way since my GPS was at my destination, LOL! After Ilene and I got back in town I took her to her hair appointment. While she was getting her hair fixed I caught up with all of the people who tried to contact me on my birthday while my phone was an hour away!
Well Happy Be-lated birthday miss Vicky!! :birthdaygreet::birthday2:.:cake2:. Sorry that I missed it on the 8th! Glad that you got your phone back and that you got to return all of your birthday messages. Have a great day with Ilene and enjoy your Qwirkle game!

Got a notice that my library books were due tomorrow so did an on-line renewal on them. Won't be going out for another couple of days. Not sure how long I might be contagious so will play it safe and stay home for a few more days. To be honest... even though the coughing has slowed down, I am still felling very tired. Spent most of yesterday in the recliner reading. So glad I have lots of frozen meals so no cooking - just nuking my meals.
Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better today Kay! Sorry that you are still feeling very tired though. Probably a good thing to stay home and take it easy! Hopefully the next few days will bring some strength back to your body, so nice to have the frozen dinners to nuke, take care of yourself! :hug1:

I need more coffee and then I better get out and get my eggs. Have a great day everyone! :waving3:

AK_Tracy

Good Morning!

We made a chicken and stuffing casserole. It turned out great and we had minimal leftovers. They couldn't wait for seconds. We serve at 5:30 and they cant get in line for seconds until 5:50 and we had people waiting for seconds. Its always a good feeling.

Happy belated Birthday Vicky!!! @vickyday :birthdaygreet::birthday2:

@BrightEyes Kay I am glad youre starting to feel better. Glad you plan to keep taking it easy too.

but he views from the top of Cobble Hill were stunning! Lots of switchbacks up and down, so it didn't seem to be as tough as I expected, but man my legs were talking to me when I got home!
Glad the views were worth it!! Sorry you heard from your legs though. Hope they're better today and not still screaming at you.

Today is busy and crazy and well, normal. Little dogs are gonna be mad at me as its groomers day.
Off to grab some coffee and look in the gallery. Have a wonderful day!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Today is busy and crazy and well, normal. Little dogs are gonna be mad at me as its groomers day.
Seems to me that everyday is busy and crazy for you!! Your Chicken and Stuffing casserole sounds amazing and I guess it was if they were lining up for seconds!! Hope the dogs don't stay too mad at you today!

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
I did a ctrl alt delete and rebooted my week yesterday. I was up at 4:15 with no nasty surprises in the kitchen, I got a quick workout and shower which got my head screwed back on the usual normal, for me, way, got groceries and was at the car dealership an hour early for my 8am appointment to get oil changed, tires rotated and even though it's a couple thousand miles under, I had the 30,000 mile maintenance done and the windshield treated. I'd started a new book at the gym and sat and read and drank multiple cups of the $7 drinks at Caribou for free and a couple of bananas they had as part of the snack tray. When I got home, I discovered my database wasn't as dire as I thought, and got it back to normal, and then did the upgrade, and with the readjusted head realized that there is one vital thing they don't tell you to do, so the sun is shining and the birds are singing in database land. I went back to the "stalled out" layout, but the engine wouldn't turn over, so I bagged it. I spent an hour and a half or more playing with some brushes I'd gotten but hadn't taken the time to learn how to use them, and then started & finished a challenge layout, and we had leftover soup for supper. I was awake @3 this morning and when I was still awake at 3:30, decided to start my day. There may be a nap in my future. Volleyball game tonight so I hope to get some more good pictures. Wild rice & gouda stuffed chicken breast for supper so I'll get that in the oven earlier so we can eat before we go. Second load of laundry is in. Need to post the layout to my outside sites jet today . Be back later.

AK_Tracy

I did a ctrl alt delete and rebooted my week yesterday. I was up at 4:15 with no nasty surprises in the kitchen, I got a quick workout and shower which got my head screwed back on the usual normal, for me, way, got groceries and was at the car dealership an hour early for my 8am appointment to get oil changed, tires rotated and even though it's a couple thousand miles under, I had the 30,000 mile maintenance done and the windshield treated. I'd started a new book at the gym and sat and read and drank multiple cups of the $7 drinks at Caribou for free and a couple of bananas they had as part of the snack tray. When I got home, I discovered my database wasn't as dire as I thought, and got it back to normal, and then did the upgrade, and with the readjusted head realized that there is one vital thing they don't tell you to do, so the sun is shining and the birds are singing in database land. I went back to the "stalled out" layout, but the engine wouldn't turn over, so I bagged it. I spent an hour and a half or more playing with some brushes I'd gotten but hadn't taken the time to learn how to use them, and then started & finished a challenge layout, and we had leftover soup for supper. I was awake @3 this morning and when I was still awake at 3:30, decided to start my day. There may be a nap in my future. Volleyball game tonight so I hope to get some more good pictures. Wild rice & gouda stuffed chicken breast for supper so I'll get that in the oven earlier so we can eat before we go. Second load of laundry is in. Need to post the layout to my outside sites jet today . Be back later.
Yeah for a reboot!!!! Sounds like you are back on track and kicking life. I am tired reading all this though with those early mornings. :giggle4:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning O ladies!! It is chilly but there are patches of blue sky out there, after a night of rainfall it sure smells great outside! I popped my head out the front door to check the hummingbird feeder and it smells so fresh and clean!! Not sure what my plans are for today, besides having to go get some eggs from Hope Farm. I made a layout the other day and I need to get that posted this morning. Trying to figure out how I can incorporate it into one of the Challenges :thinking2:. Perhaps it will not be a challenge page. Anyway yesterdays hike was great, it was a tough one, but he views from the top of Cobble Hill were stunning! Lots of switchbacks up and down, so it didn't seem to be as tough as I expected, but man my legs were talking to me when I got home! I should have hopped into a hot bath and soaked for a bit. I am a bit stiff and sore today, hopefully a walk today will work out the kinks.

Wow such a busy, busy day for you! Glad that your blood work got done and that your cholesterol levels are lower than they were, I would think that your doctor will tell you to keep up the good work! Sure hope you have some downtime soon, sounds like you will be having another very busy day today! I bet you secretly are loving being so busy!! :giggle4:

I did have a great hike, the weather was sunny and warm and our hiking group goes year round, the only time they don't go is if the weather is just too bad to hike safely.

Well Happy Be-lated birthday miss Vicky!! :birthdaygreet::birthday2:.:cake2:. Sorry that I missed it on the 8th! Glad that you got your phone back and that you got to return all of your birthday messages. Have a great day with Ilene and enjoy your Qwirkle game!

Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better today Kay! Sorry that you are still feeling very tired though. Probably a good thing to stay home and take it easy! Hopefully the next few days will bring some strength back to your body, so nice to have the frozen dinners to nuke, take care of yourself! :hug1:

I need more coffee and then I better get out and get my eggs. Have a great day everyone! :waving3:
Thank you, Trudy, for the birthday wishes! I ended up coming on home after the groceries were gotten because Ilene's son in law was going to work on her van. That was ok. I had some things I needed to work on before Mark got home and we left for his doctor appointment. But, as usual, we still had a good time together!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!

We made a chicken and stuffing casserole. It turned out great and we had minimal leftovers. They couldn't wait for seconds. We serve at 5:30 and they cant get in line for seconds until 5:50 and we had people waiting for seconds. Its always a good feeling.

Happy belated Birthday Vicky!!! @vickyday :birthdaygreet::birthday2:

@BrightEyes Kay I am glad youre starting to feel better. Glad you plan to keep taking it easy too.

Glad the views were worth it!! Sorry you heard from your legs though. Hope they're better today and not still screaming at you.

Thanks, Tracy, for the birthday wishes!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Feeling better this morning. No coughing so far (been up for an hour) so guess the meds are finally working. Will go in for blood work at the lab once I finish taking the meds. Alas the hot air balloons are all to the south and west of me this morning. Just as well as I am still in PJs and it is only 60*F outside right now. Missed getting my trash and recycle bins out in time this morning. Good thing it is only me here as they never get full even if I miss a weekly pick-up.

Rest and fluids is probably the best thing to do anyway! :hug4:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I'm tired after reading all of that, Jeanne!
How do you get $7 drinks for free?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good evening all.

Well, it's an hour earlier than when I got home last night. We left at 3:30, dropped Roger and Drake off at the CC in Muskogee to play golf, then Adrienne, Ava and I went shopping. Burlington (no longer called Coat) Factury had just opened two days ago. I haven't been to Burlington for years. It was so-so. We left there, went to another shopping place and went to TJ Maxx. I didn't get much - I've been looking for a black or navy light-weight cardigan sweater to no avail. I guess I'll have to "Amazon it". Adrienne found me a camel colored one at Walmart recently and I just LOVE it. It's the perfect weight for this time of year. I told her today that sweater style must be the most popular one in the world right now. We met the guys back at the CC after their golf game and we all had dinner there. They have the best sweet potato fries. I also had cheese quesadillas - so yummy.

Chris @faerywings my nieces are safe - they're both back home, lost power, and a tree fell on one of their lanais, but they're fine otherwise. My youngest niece had gone to Punta Gorda to stay and they got a lot of water. The hurricane made landfall on Siesta Key, where they both used to live with their dad. He just passed away recently, but his condo is right on the water, and they have it sold. I don't know if the building suffered any damage, but I'm sure it didn't, or I'd have heard. Roger's airport hangar had NO damage, but the hangar next door had a lot. He was so relieved tonight - he's been so stressed out over that. All of the friends in Ft. Myers and on Cape Coral have reported in and all are fine. It's just such a stressful thing to go through because you never know quite what to expect. I hope all of our O Family made it through unscathed. Thankfully, the storm broke up and didn't hit the magnitude that they expected. All you can do it expect the worse and hope for the best and get prepared for it.

Well, I'm worn out from typing right now - it's been a long day - a long two days. Hugs to all and Kay @BrightEyes feel better. Hugs to all and XOXO.