Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, May 16

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
It is the 17th here Down Under but I thought I would share what I did for my day on the 16th. I did my day a week volunteering at our local Museum and Information Centre. You will eventually over time see photos of parts of the museum on my layouts , especially my P52 (Project Life) pages.

Today, 17th, my husband, Ken and I had a day shopping in our closest large town which included taking my last surviving Aunt out for lunch. Aunty Joyce is 86 years old and is my aunt by marriage ( to my uncle - my Dad's brother) who died some years ago. She really enjoys our company and I think she sees me as being like a daughter. They married late in life so had no children. We also visited some friends before coming home.

I just finished my 6th challenge for the month and I am feeling tired from our busy day shopping and visiting. So goodbye for now.... :waving3:
How nice to get to spend time with your aunt. I'm sure she loves seeing you and going to lunch. Congrats on getting all 6 challenges done!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I have the same problem with multiple EHDs on my Mac and with PSE open. It's a pain for sure.
Mine was working fine until I unplugged one of them and put an old one in. My IT guy set it up for me - it's an external USB with 4 extra ports on it and is holding some other things like my printer. Now, I can only see what's on one EHD at a time. What a total pain that is! I should have left it alone, I guess. The old one worked, but it made a funny sound. The printer is still running, so I know the attachment is okay. I might have to be forced to get him back out here. He only charges $50 (well, that's all he charged last year) so it would be worth the money if I need to do that.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Mine was working fine until I unplugged one of them and put an old one in. My IT guy set it up for me - it's an external USB with 4 extra ports on it and is holding some other things like my printer. Now, I can only see what's on one EHD at a time. What a total pain that is! I should have left it alone, I guess. The old one worked, but it made a funny sound. The printer is still running, so I know the attachment is okay. I might have to be forced to get him back out here. He only charges $50 (well, that's all he charged last year) so it would be worth the money if I need to do that.
Same for me. I really think because I was working with Photoshop (PSE) which is a memory hog is why I was having problems! But who knows?! :crazy::banghead:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Thanks, Rae. I have an attachment with 4 extra USB ports that my IT guy set up for me. It was working fine until the other day when I unplugged one of the ports and put an old EHD in it. Now, the two EHD's that were visible from my laptop aren't - I only have one and I have to change them out. What a pain. I think I'm going to get a great big one and try to consolidate like you're doing. My laptop has been updated, but it's probably 5 years old, too. I should probably do an extra backup to Backblaze tonight, just in case.
UPDATE: My two big drive transfers are complete and the backblaze backup went smoothly. Whew. Now my digi and photos are safe. No glitches with viewing or accessing the EHDs now either. So obviously it wasn't the amount of data that was the problem, it was the multitude of USB ports on the hub that caused the issue. Good luck, hope it works out for you too.