Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, July 15

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Checking in with everyone-- and am happy to report that the sun is shining in New Jersey. For how long-- not sure, the forecast is calling for light showers on and off all day. The sun was out for a while yesterday. Cait and I made a trip back to the dollar store and we commented it was the nicest it had been in a long time when we walked into the store. We shopped for a half-hour, and in that time, it had poured and flooded parts of the parking lot and roads. It was coming down in buckets and buckets driving home until we got to one spot and it was bone dry (haha!! That is a misnomer if ya read my fun fact yesterday lol!!!!!!) and bright blue sky.

Everyone in my family is feeling "off." I wish I could figure out why. The weather? Maybe. But at least we are looking forward to tomorrow's party. We grabbed mason jar mugs at the dollar store and I am going to use a paint pen to write "moonshine" on them for our water. Little clear plastic cups for our "bait." (Dirt cups with gummy worms)

I ended up not scrapping, I finished the copying of files now I am going through and deleting everything once I check that the files are copied fully to the new drive. Time-consuming, for sure. I am off to clean in a bit and then -- who knows?

have a fun day, O-Fam!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva perhaps it is so hot where you are now to prepare you for where you go afterward? haha!!
JK, sweetie! or am I..... ;)
I don't know how you are able to scrap so much. I have made three LOs so far... this *month* Feeling kind of disgusted with myself.

Kay- hope that the mammo is all good! You rec'd Karen Rose to me recently, I can't remember if I read it or not. It is fab that you have an eye Dr in the family, at least one that is nice. When I was little, we saw my great-uncle and he was not a friendly person at all. I think he is one of the reasons why I get so anxious about eye exams still.

@vickyday I listen more to podcasts than audiobooks, good when I am cleaning or gardening. I would love to send you the rain we have been having here.

@bcgal00 That Remi is so cute, she looks so smart and easy to train and I know that you have such patience with that.
One of the bad things about having the four of us here is that we become inconsistent with training. Hope that you got everything done that you needed to do!

@Cherylndesigns the new eye dr suggested that I put a post-it on my monitor to remind me to blink. I have dry eyes to begin with and looking at the screens, we blink less. So now I have a green sticky to look at. Hopefully, that will help the eys and the headaches - I get them too when I spend too much time on the computer. Maybe that could help you too?
How was going out to eat? Hope it wasn't too weird. ;)
Yeah, that is what we had to do too- the new Sim card. We had decent service up here with Sprint, there were a few places like going up the mountain that it would drop for a minute but nothing more than that. All of our phones are older and paid off so the last thing I want to do is pay for new ones but Gary is itching to upgrade

@felis I wish I could put it into words better-- uneasy, just feeling off and unsettled. Like something isn't quite right but I can't figure out what it is. Sorry that it isn't translating well.
overall, I am fine. It is when I look at the bigger, long-term picture of the state of the world, -- climate and environmental issues, political issues globally- just a lot of stuff happening that isn't good.
But in my own little world, it is all good- dogs, kids, parents, all happy!!

hugs!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@faerywings I would love it if you could send us some rain! The garden grows so much better with rain than it does with my faucet watering! We had just a tease last night but I still had to water!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all.

Chris @faerywings sounds good that the weather is nice. Thanks for the post-it note idea - I'm going to try it. My eyes are terribly dry all the time and I probably don't blink very much now that you mention it.

Eating out was okay. I knew it wouldn't just be the 4 of us. That would have been too good to be true. Somebody else always shows up. It was typical - the stupid long booth where you can't really talk. Food was just okay - it didn't sit well. We got there right before they closed which is never good - you get the "last call" food. I had some kind of chicken sandwich which I couldn't eat because the bun was huge. I just ate the chicken. The chicken was tough and I ended up eating part of it with my fingers. Chuck's fries were good, LOL. We ate pretty late, too and then they drove us all around looking at the area. I'd like to do it again when it isn't dark and I could see better. I'm cranky today - sorry 'bout that. I don't feel that well - and we have to go to meet our new doctor - I HATE that so much! This is the third doctor we've had since we got out here. I'm about over it! First one died (sadly), second one (we really liked) decided he wanted to work in urgent care and who knows what this one will be like. I'm not looking forward to this at all. Our appt is at 1:30. Okay, I'll quit whining now - *shut up, Cheryl*

I DID do a LO for Fab Friday last night. I couldn't sleep, so I got back up and scrapped.

Hope you all feel well today and you're not cranky like "somebody" around here is.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Here a bit late but it was worth it...
Saw a friend yesterday who told me that the church seniors group was meeting today for the first time since Covid hit. It was a potluck lunch at the church. I have been watching the church services on FB/YouTube rather than in person since last year. So it was good to finally see some friends again. We had a good turn-out and lots of good food. Everyone was in good spirits so lots of good vibes. We are changing the meeting day to 3rd Fridays as some couldn't come on Thursdays. We will be making plans for where we want to go - may do a few road trips, eat out at different restaurants, attend a play, etc. Ended up bringing a small box of food home so no cooking tonight or tomorrow! I was going to stop and pick up mail on the way home but the mailman was at the neighborhood mail-boxes so will run back by there in a little while.

Cheryl, so sorry your meal out was such a disappointment and you are feeling bad on top of that! Wow... 3rd doctor since you moved... Bummer. Hope the 3rd time is the charm and this one works out okay for you. I hear you about what to do when you can't sleep... scraping is a good way to pass the time.

Chris, glad you have some clear weather for a change. Maybe that will help brighten up things up for your spirits.

We had rain last night - not a lot but the patio was wet when I got up. More rain showers off and on over the state for the next several days. It is hit or miss as the whether we get it here at the house. Right now is sunshine, bright blue skies and a light wind... and only in the high 80's.

felis

@felis I wish I could put it into words better-- uneasy, just feeling off and unsettled. Like something isn't quite right but I can't figure out what it is. Sorry that it isn't translating well.
overall, I am fine. It is when I look at the bigger, long-term picture of the state of the world, -- climate and environmental issues, political issues globally- just a lot of stuff happening that isn't good.

Oh, I'm calling this 'to feeling life as a chronic pain' I can totally rely on that and I remember it pretty well. But, it's all right, it's all OK, you are feel this way because you are such a nice person with strong empathy! But if you allows me to guess you also overdose with news and caffeine.
Everything you mentioned is true, but it's also true that women never before are have more freedom. Last few years economic give chance to more small businesses opened to sustainable production than ever. Pandemic bring back many young people who was working for the manufacture of other countries into the small villages of their childhood giving them chance for home office work. Digital nomads are more than ever. I can count many more, but I'm sure you see the direction. Really watch in you tube and Instagram how many young people have channels about digital nomads, sustainable living, green gardening, how to reduce your carbon footprint and ect. The future is in their hands and the number of their followers makes me optimistic! Because change never comes from the mass it start from something new, something small. I think the president Obama was told that 'we live in the greatest period of the human history'. There is a ton of article that counts how many freedom we have now than one century before, and even how many benefits North people have more than South. I read article somewhere how better we are deal with this pandemic than the influenza in presents numbers of victims now and then. And just see how fast it end, they predicted 3 years, but after one almost everything is back to normal and soon will be forget.

I think Kay and Vicky are more appropriate to talk about why the good Creator is make the word at this certain way. I'm still more likely to trust on Keanu Reeves than any religion. But the final conclusion will be the same I think, if you gives best from yourself to improve yourself and your little environment it's totally enough for the big picture. Is that make sense for you?!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I'm still more likely to trust on Keanu Reeves than any religion.

I'm so with you here! There is no spoon.

Negative thoughts can be a habit. Our brains get used to go to the worst scenario possible, and in a weird way, this gives us comfort. In a way - if you imagine the worst that can happen, you are prepared. Problem is, most things never happen, and you spent all this time thinking about useless things, instead of focusing on what actually is happening - either enjoying the good things or handling the bad stuff what's actually happening. (Best is to not label things as good or bad, but I'm not there yet.)

It's hard to break this habit of negative thinking, As I said, the brain finds it comforting. But it can be done. Trust me! If I can quit, anyone can! I am (was?) diagnosed with GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder), and my life has changed dramatically the last few years. Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and - what I myself believe is more important - mindfulness meditations has changed my life!

Also - I know, when you are inside that negative spin - you hate people like me. LOL I used to be so PISSED at people telling me positive things like "Just think positively", "It's not that bad", and so on. But guess what? They were right.

quotescover-JPG-86kl-744x744.jpg