Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, July 11

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning, lOvelies! :heartpumplove:

I am feeling a tiny bit better this morning so I hope I haven't scared you all off with my cranky mood the past week. If I did, I am pretty sure it is safe to come back.
I had another stupid day, just wasted so much time doing nothing. I got my groceries and prescriptions which was my big out-of-the-house event for the day. Paid bills ( :bawling: ). Cleaned for my friend. Wasted time scrolling and scrolling. And some more scrolling. I am helping with a field trip next week and the topic is Geology, a topic I understand nothing about. The three main types of rocks are pretty much the ceiling of my knowledge. After an hour of reading about rocks and minerals and the rock cycle online, I decided that it's not my thing. Plants and animals-- love 'em. Can't get enough! Rocks -- they are interesting especially when you think about how old they are but other than that... meh...

I was looking at the milkweed blooms and they are covered with tiny flies-- flying ants maybe? There are regular ants all over them, they like the sap. That's normal. But each flower cluster has these flies in them. The leaves are starting to curl and I am not sure if it is from the flies, the lack of water, or something else. No aphids this year so that's good. Does anyone have experience with milkweed or have an idea what I should do?

I am going for my eye exam and contact lens fitting this morning. As I filled out my paperwork, I could opt in for a retinal scan that doesn't require dilation. It's an extra $39 and not covered by insurance. I did all of the pros and cons and thought about the killer headache I would have if I had dilation done. Worth every penny of the $39! Every last cent :D

When I get back, I have to pack some stuff up since my mom and I are going to her PA house tomorrow. They went up last week and they had a major problem with mice inside and the air conditioner stopped working. My dad is so overwhelmed that he refuses to go back so I'm going up with her. We have to be there by 10.30 am so I have to be ready to roll before 9. I hate packing, I always always always overpack.

Scott is coming for dinner and I am making vegan jambalaya. I was poking around the kitchen looking for ideas and I realized I don't have much food at all. I spent $140 yesterday on groceries and there is nothing in the house to actually eat. :jawdrop3: I should have gone to the FP last Saturday but I wasn't up to begin on my feet that long.

I'd better shut up about grocery prices before I start :rollingpin1:

Have a fantabulous day!
:grouphugyay:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday I thought about rescheduling cleaning but then I couldn't help my mom. I took it easy and went nice and slow. Thank you for the prayers for my knee ♥
Yay for the u/s results, is it a lipoma? Gary has so many of them. Some are huge but there isn't anything you can do for them unless they are pressing on something important.
That's funny that you stopped at KFC on the way home, I bet that it was the best-tasting chicken ever! Haha!

@BrightEyes Happy birthday to Bill and Patrick. :hug3:

@AK_Tracy That's how I feel too- not really overwhelmed, sort of waiting for a shoe to drop but nothing specific. No real purpose or goal ---Just "adrift." I don't like it
:floorlaugh: Of COURSE, your scale is male. Ungrateful and unappreciative of your hard work. :rotfl:
Did you make the apple fritter donuts? I have frozen apple slices- I can make apple fritter bread. (NO! It's too hot for the oven!)
I was starting to drool over here. :p
I am sure that you will do this anyway but if I don't say it I'll feel bad-- when you go to the chiro, make sure she is very, very gentle and tests the area she is adjusting before she does it. I went to a chiro years ago who was Lyme friendly and I needed that reassurance. I heard of a lot of people with Lyme/Fibro who went thinking it was going to loosen them up but the inflammation rebounded horribly for them.

@bcgal00 I hope that the weather cools off for Remi soon. I bet she wants to run and run.
The photo club sounds awesome, I bet you will have so much info and advice to share with everyone.
What is THM diet?

@taxed4ever So sorry that you didn't make the hike. But I hear ya on not wanting to miss the landscaper. That's too bad about the fence but at least it is the nice neighbors, not the other ones.
Happy birthday to Hunter!! :birthaydog: I can't believe he is 7! Sounds like Heather has her hands full this summer- as always with 2 (3 really *G* ) boys and a dog. The kids sound busy and active. That is awesome!
Have a wonderful mini trip with SIL, I hope she is feeling ok and the trip takes her mind off of things.

@pachimac ((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
You should be so proud of yourself and I know we all are super proud too!!!! It's not easy to make those first steps especially since you haven't been fully supported in the past. And look at you know-- halfway through. :goldstars:
We are here for you and will cheer you on whenever you need us. You got this!!!

@Cherylndesigns I am not even able to wander aimlessly, I have been sitting on my butt aimlessly. *sobs*
It's all good, it's better. I am just being whiny. I'm a better faery when I am wine-y. :drunk:

I know it's not the same but I have been wanting to eat and snack because I am bored. I used to allow myself a cookie or Kiss if I was hiking or working out in the yard but being sedentary is killin' me. I resisted going on the scale (Bad scale! Bad Faery on the scale!) but not sure how long I can hold out.
Did you have a good time at Adrienne's or is that a silly question? ;)

So relieved that your hands are ok today!

Time to get in the shower and ready for the eye dr. (blech)

HAGD! xo!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning,
Quick in and out as I am heading to pick up Ilene and then we are going to my daughter's.
Hope you all have a wonderful, cooler day!
I could opt in for a retinal scan that doesn't require dilation.
Hmmm. That is interesting. Just got word that our eye doc is retiring in sept. I think I will ask the guy who is taking his place about this. I don't get headaches from dilation, but it is a pain all the way around!
I'd better shut up about grocery prices before I start :rollingpin1:
I agree! I spent $200 this week and really have nothing to show for it!
is it a lipoma?
Never heard of that. But I'm going to look into that!
I bet that it was the best-tasting chicken ever!
DEFINITELY! ;)

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... I am off to the lake for a kayak this morning with SIL Linda, getting going very early, so we beat the rowing teams out there. The lake is nice and calm, but very green Ugh!! Oh well as long as you don't look down its a very beautiful place to be LOL. I will check in here later and catch up with all of you! Have a wonderful morning! :waving1

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. It will be slightly cooler today, high 80's, so I'll take Remi out for a run in a few minutes before the heat starts to ramp up. I've got mahjong this afternoon and I know it'll be warm, the room we play in doesn't have great a/c, I'll wear a light fabric sun dress which will help. Its game night here so I'll put together a charcuterie board later, also got queso dip from costco and tortillas.

The guys haven't been doing much work on the deck but in this heat, I understand that. They have made some sloppy cuts on the wood and didn't cut the stairs to code so the inspector had them redo some stuff. It just seems so difficult to get good contractors these days. The owners hire kids that aren't very experienced and don't oversee the work enough. But it looks like the deck will be good enough, just not great, which is crazy for the amount of money we are spending...ugh. Many others here are saying the same thing. No one has found a company that does really good work. Seems to be the way of the world now.

Went to costco yesterday and spent hundreds of dollars, came home with only two small boxes of groceries. It's insane how expensive everything is.

@faerywings THM is trim healthy mama. It is an eating plan that focuses on balancing the amount of carbs/fat and also separating fatty meals from higher carb meals. I love a lot of their recipes, I have all their cookbooks.

@AK_Tracy I was familiar with your condition but didn't realize that it also involved pain, hope your's isn't too bad. It sounds like you are doing what you can to be healthy and combat that as best you can.

@pachimac Be proud Susie, celebrate every healthy choice. Life is not easy or perfect, you just do the best you can. I have reached the point where I don't stress anymore, I make good choices and some days not so good choices but I don't dwell, I just keep moving forward. The ones that criticize, judge or try to sabotage you have their own issues, too bad for them. You do you, ignore them. I have had many friends like that and I ignored them and many I pulled away from. Of course, now I moved out of the province so I have a whole new set of friends and if any are judgmental or sabotaging, I don't bother trying to be friends.

@taxed4ever Enjoy the kayaking today.

I'd better get dressed and get out with Remi. HAGD everyone.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Yesterday was good for me... I printed out 12 LOs and put them into Bill's 2nd Memory Album. It is almost full - it covers from Jan 1, 2021 till now. Hope to be able to fit in the LOs for the rest of 2024. And I have another same style album for future years. Looking back over the pages brought lots of smiles and good memories. I called my sister as I was printing out the LOs and we talked for over two hours. We ended up with both of us looking at the photos from our parents 50th anniversary celebration. I had loaded the photos onto a memory stick for her a few years ago... before I had labeled each photo. Her copy only had Image01...Image 89. We spent some time ID-ing the people in the photos. Only came up with 1 cousin we couldn't ID. We will be sending a copy of the cousin's photo to another cousin who was there to see if she can tell us who it is. It was such a fun time with both of us LOL :floorlaugh: :rotfl::lol23: as we worked on them. She is going to look through her photos and bring any she finds when she comes over the next time so I can scan them in for both of us. She doesn't have a good scan apt on her old computer. It was so much fun talking to her as we looked back at that wonderful celebration.

Later that afternoon, DD#3 stopped by for a visit. I had her bring in my large presser and used it to press a dinosaur iron-on to a shirt for her grandson. While she was here I went through some of my tops that are too big for me since I lost the 20 lbs last summer. She has lost some weight this last month so they fit her fine. I was glad to weed them out and she was glad to get them. She helped me set up the internet on my cellphone (again). Now I can use it again when I shop at Smith's for the digital coupon sales.

I just got caught up on commenting on my Tic Tac Toe Challenge. And loaded 2 of Karen Schulz's LOs. While I was on FB, the Goodbye LO I made about Kim of DigiChicks popped up. That brought back a lot of good memories of our time together there so I shared it.

Time to take my shower then will be off to run a few errands. Back later for personals... I hope. :giggle4:

AK_Tracy

Good Morning!!!!
I only went a little CQC (Chris Quote Crazy) :floorlaugh:

I am feeling a tiny bit better this morning so I hope I haven't scared you all off with my cranky mood the past week. If I did, I am pretty sure it is safe to come back.
If this was you being cranky, oh my pad wan you have much too learn about cranky moods! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: The good news, you're not the driver of the cranky train
I could opt in for a retinal scan that doesn't require dilation.
I LOVE the retinal scan vs dilation. SO worth every single penny and why wont insurance cover it! HELLO! Its preventative and not that expensive. Drives me crazy they wont cover it. But like you I will pay the $39 every time for the scan instead of being blinded and unable to then ready any charts for exams.
I hate packing, I always always always overpack.
Rule of thumb, one less pair pants then days gone, same number shirts, one sweatshirt, pj and socks/undies per day. So 7 days gone, 4 pants, 2 shorts ( Or just 6 pants), 7 shirts, one sweatshirt, one pair pjs. I dont usually go anywhere hot though LOL This last year flying to WA with my daughter we had to cram our stuff in carry on bags for 5 day trip. So it was the pants I wore on the plane, one spare, 5 tank tops or t-shirts, one pj, and socks/undies per day. Plus, allergies means I had to take my towel and pillow with me. Wait, maybe I'm over packing too. :giggle4: If its fits in the carry on size, I am good and lets go!!! Now I want to pack a bag. Means I would be going somewhere so yeah, lets pack!!! Wait for me!!!!!
I am sure that you will do this anyway but if I don't say it I'll feel bad-- when you go to the chiro, make sure she is very, very gentle and tests the area she is adjusting before she does it. I went to a chiro years ago who was Lyme friendly and I needed that reassurance. I heard of a lot of people with Lyme/Fibro who went thinking it was going to loosen them up but the inflammation rebounded horribly for them.
This is good to know. Its a man I will be seeing. And I'm nervous. I know not to let them touch my neck. but that is all I know. The appointment is an hour, to talk about issues first then adjust. I have high hopes it relieves the back pain. Well not pain but feels off and like I need to crack my back to get it aligned. So we shall see.
I'm a better faery when I am wine-y. :drunk:
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::wine3:
I am off to the lake for a kayak this morning
Have a wonderful time!!!! Sounds like total bliss!!!
@AK_Tracy I was familiar with your condition but didn't realize that it also involved pain,
Yes, lipedema is known to be painful. BP cuff is the worst torture devise ever. Easily bruise. Kids crawling on me hurts. My daughter too couldn't stand her kids climbing on her it was so painful.
It was so much fun talking to her as we looked back at that wonderful celebration.
Oh Kay this sounds like a wonderful day and what a great time with your sister talking over photos. Special day.

Off to check out the amazing LO in the gallery!
Have a wonderful day everyone!

Terri M

We got about 4 minutes of rain yesterday. Not enough to get anything watered, not enough to fill our rain barrels, but plenty to raise the humidity to ungodly levels. It's a little less humid today, and they're forecasting a rainy day tomorrow (crossing fingers) so it might get a little better.

Going with friends to a winery this evening for sunset and music. And wine. I had planned a quinoa and tomato salad for dinner, that will work perfectly for a picnic.

I had my husband stop at Costco this morning since he was going into town anyway, and I could save a drive in that way (good for the planet). I literally gave him a list with 5 things, and showed him before he left what they looked like. He still had to call me twice from the store to check he was getting the right thing (once he was, once he wasn't) and couldn't find one item. Granted, Costco does tend to move things around, and sometimes items come and go, but there are times you'd never think the guy was a college professor.

Meanwhile I spent a day wrestling with non-deliverable mail from one of the domains I support. Email providers are getting much stricter about what they will let through, which is good, but it means there's always something new to learn to keep up. It's fine if you're doing it every day, but for a volunteer who just pops in once in a while, there's a learning curve every time. But there, anyway, I suppose I'm that much smarter today because of it.

I enjoy reading all of your notes and comments about the day! I obviously have to do some research into using all those cutesy emojis. I'm off to cook quinoa!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all,

I had a little "fun with lights" about midnight last night. I've always wanted twinkle lights in the bedroom and I got them up last night. Here's a revelation - thanks to Kay @BrightEyes showing us her "grabbers", I immediately ordered one, got it yesterday, got the lights yesterday and voila! used the grabber to put the lights up! Watch out world, I might not have as many "short girl problems" now. :lol23::rotfl: I got them done (to my picky satisfaction) about 12:45. Remember when I started decorating my Christmas tree about midnight???:xmas4::xmas9:

Anyway, I had to post a picture - my lights are SO beautiful I had to share!

Lights in bedroom.jpg

I'll be back for more - I need to go post a couple of layouts and we're all going to the nail salon at 3 today.

AK_Tracy

I obviously have to do some research into using all those cutesy emojis.
When youre in the box to type, the smile face is where you find the emojis! Super fun and easy and tons to scroll through
:smiliesdoingwave2:
but there are times you'd never think the guy was a college professor.
HEHE In his defense, men do NOT have the shopping gene. That's what's missing on their Y, the extra little bit that tells us X X how to shop! And listen. And multi-task. That little extra sure packs a lot and man did they miss it. (pun intended)
I had to post a picture - my lights are SO beautiful I had to share!
So pretty!!!!! I love the twinkle lights. And what a great nightlight until youre ready to sleep. Does it have a remote? Or do you have to unplug them to turn off?

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
When youre in the box to type, the smile face is where you find the emojis! Super fun and easy and tons to scroll through
:smiliesdoingwave2:

HEHE In his defense, men do NOT have the shopping gene. That's what's missing on their Y, the extra little bit that tells us X X how to shop! And listen. And multi-task. That little extra sure packs a lot and man did they miss it. (pun intended)

So pretty!!!!! I love the twinkle lights. And what a great nightlight until youre ready to sleep. Does it have a remote? Or do you have to unplug them to turn off?
They're solar lights. I just got them, but there's a way to set a timer. I haven't figured that out yet. I have to turn them on and off now. I put the "solar pack" in the windowsill (behind the draperies, where it will get light all day.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all,

I had a little "fun with lights" about midnight last night. I've always wanted twinkle lights in the bedroom and I got them up last night. Here's a revelation - thanks to Kay @BrightEyes showing us her "grabbers", I immediately ordered one, got it yesterday, got the lights yesterday and voila! used the grabber to put the lights up! Watch out world, I might not have as many "short girl problems" now. :lol23::rotfl: I got them done (to my picky satisfaction) about 12:45. Remember when I started decorating my Christmas tree about midnight???:xmas4::xmas9:

Anyway, I had to post a picture - my lights are SO beautiful I had to share!

View attachment 423823

I'll be back for more - I need to go post a couple of layouts and we're all going to the nail salon at 3 today.
Cheryl, I am so glad that you got the grabber/reacher and it helped you get the lights put up. I have 2 of them and would be lost without it. Love the lights around your bed!!! So cozy and welcoming. BTW, if you have the reacher like I showed - with narrow claws at the end,- they are great for picking up or putting LIGHTWEIGHT things in place. For heavier items - it is best to have the grabber that has suction cups on the claws as it can handle up to about 4-5 lb things.

I just got back from my errands. Got my haircut... and it really needed it. Now my hair looks like it does in the Avatar again!!! And to make it even nicer - I just got a $6 off coupon in the mail for it. Then it was over to Smith's to use my digital coupons.... but Cell phone said no wifi service.... one of the staff said to just show the cashier the screen and I would get the discount price anyway. I showed the cashier then the bag gal took the phone and somehow brought up my coupons!!! I could have given her a kiss for making it work like it should. Then I stopped at the library and came home with 2 books to read. :claphands:

I will later getting in here tomorrow... my Rx at the base should be ready for pick-up. So of course, that means a stop at the commissary for groceries too. Need to check to see what all I need. I forgot several things the last time I went... hope it isn't crowded and I can get done early before it gets too hot.

Nonni F

Hey!!!!!!!! I dropped off the face of the Earth, but I have returned. Thought I'd pop in and say hello. Behind on how all of you are but I'll try to read back a bit. Like everyone, we're HOT... but, all is well in my corner. Work has been nuts the last six months with new employees and trying to train folks for the first time in 22 years. I lost my mojo and was beat when I got home every day, but everything is settling down. Two new kittens who are keeping me on my toes as well.
I hope everyone is well, and happy!

Peace!!

AK_Tracy

Hey!!!!!!!! I dropped off the face of the Earth, but I have returned. Thought I'd pop in and say hello. Behind on how all of you are but I'll try to read back a bit. Like everyone, we're HOT... but, all is well in my corner. Work has been nuts the last six months with new employees and trying to train folks for the first time in 22 years. I lost my mojo and was beat when I got home every day, but everything is settling down. Two new kittens who are keeping me on my toes as well.

Peace!!
Hi Nonni
I'm new-ish here. Seems I showed up about the time your life got crazy. The kittens sounds like fun. Nice to meet you!

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
I updated the vacation spreadsheet , yes we have, spreadsheet, on Monday hubs got all of the vacation totes & coolers out and started checking things off . I called a meat order in to the butcher shop. Vacation is bitter sweet, we used to take the two grandkids and had an absolute blast on Nana & Grandpa vacation, but 3 years ago our son gave us an ultimatum, take him too or the kids couldn't go, we -said no. My grandson called me sobbing the morning we were leaving begging me to take his dad, it's no longer "our vacation" then other than the bill and the work. The last time our son was with us he left early the last day to help a friend and we were left to pull out the boat and load everything ourselves and hubs said he was selling the boat and the Tahoe. I said no way, we'd take the grands. We had 3 really fun summers with them. The first year without them was really awful, but each year the hurt gets buried a little deeper. We still stay in 'our' cabin, bigger than we need, but its 'our' cabin and my cousin lives on one of the lakes on the chain so we can take the boat to get there. I can ride for hours from one lake
to another gawking at all of the beautiful homes while sipping an italian Margarita. Dirty job but somebody's got to do it. Yesterday we went to get some fruit at the grocery store, we went to pick up the meat and then went to the eyedoctor for my recheck- and he changed the prescription so I'm back in my spare pair. He did a retinal scan last visit, but he prefers to do dilation as well because he can see into the deep recesses, must be cob-web piercing light. He said he didn't find anything, which shouldn't surprise anyone. I also have a shorter reading focus area than most, I think it was the polite way of saying it's why I see so many squirrels and chickens . Oh look a squirrel. Hubs is gerting the boat out of storage tonight.

Last edited:

AK_Tracy

I updated the vacation spreadsheet , yes we have, spreadsheet, on Monday hubs got all of the vacation totes & coolers out and started checking things off . I called a meat order in to the butcher shop. Vacation is bitter sweet, we used to take the two grandkids and had an absolute blast on Nana & Grandpa vacation, but 3 years ago our son gave us an ultimatum, take him too or the kids couldn't go, we -said no. My grandson called me sobbing the morning we were leaving begging me to take his dad, it's no longer "our vacation" then other than the bill and the work. The last time our son was with us he left early the last day to help a friend and we were left to pull out the boat and load everything ourselves and hubs said he was selling the boat and the Tahoe. I said no way, we'd take the grands. We had 3 really fun summers with them. The first year without them was really awful, but each year the hurt gets buried a little deeper. We still stay in 'our' cabin, bigger than we need, but its 'our' cabin and my cousin lives on one of the lakes on the chain so we can take the boat to get there. I can ride for hours from one lake
to another gawking at all of the beautiful homes while sipping an italian Margarita. Dirty job but somebody's got to do it. Yesterday we went to get some fruit at the grocery store, we went to pick up the meat and then went to the eyedoctor for my recheck- and he changed the prescription so I'm back in my spare pair. He did a retinal scan last visit, but he prefers to do dilation as well because he can see into the deep recesses, must be cob-web piercing light. He said he didn't find anything, which shouldn't surprise anyone. I also have a shorter reading focus area than most, I think it was the polite way of saying it's why I see so many squirrels and chickens . Oh look a squirrel. Hubs is gerting the boat out of storage tonight.
Oh this! Twin! My spreadsheet is in my head but yes, I usually have a plan and lists for trips. Sometimes I write them down so the boys dont keep asking me now what. I'm sorry your not allowed to take the grands anymore. That's sad. What a poopy thing for son to do/say. I like your idea of sipping Margaritas and toodling around the lake looking at houses. I would join you. So long as someone else drove the boat :giggle4: I love to drive but not a boat. A boat I wanna just ride or ski behind.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
"Cheryl, I am so glad that you got the grabber/reacher and it helped you get the lights put up. I have 2 of them and would be lost without it. Love the lights around your bed!!! So cozy and welcoming. BTW, if you have the reacher like I showed - with narrow claws at the end,- they are great for picking up or putting LIGHTWEIGHT things in place. For heavier items - it is best to have the grabber that has suction cups on the claws as it can handle up to about 4-5 lb things."

Kay @BrightEyes I went that very day and ordered one. I got the "normal" one, but I want the one with suction cups on it now. I didn't see that one, but I'm going to look. Those things are a God Send. I've wanted one for a long time. I couldn't have gotten those lights up otherwise. I'm going to try wrapping my garden arch, next. I'll be a "Grabber-ing Fool". :rotfl::floorlaugh:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O

Peace!!
Hi Nonnie, good to see you!!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Whew! Finally made it in. We left at 3 this afternoon and I just got home. We went to the nail salon - Adrienne and Ava got their fingernails done and I sat in the massage chair and read. Haha - they're used to us by now and don't care as long as they don't need the chair. I just got a pedi a couple of weeks ago, so I just went along for the fun of it. Then we met up with Braden and all went to Muskogee to TJ Maxx. Then, we went to the Muskogee Country Club and met up with Roger and Drake, who played in a tournament today. They were bummed because they came in second. Drake said it was because he's a zero handicap and they factored that in. Anyway, we had a nice dinner in the outside dining room and were entertained by a live singer playing a lot of Willie Nelson music. He sounded a lot like Willie's son, Lukas. So, it's been a long day and we covered a lot of territory.

Chris @faerywings we did have a great time at Adrienne's and she fixed the best pot roast. I hope you're feeling less aimless. I have been better today; I think getting a "short girl task" accomplished last night - hanging the lights in my bedroom - even if it was 12:30 at night kind of perked me up. You HAVE to get one of those grabbers that Kay showed us - they're SO amazing and now I want the other ones Kay @BrightEyes was talking about - the ones with the suction cup tips. One of the reasons I wanted one was because my tall, stemmed wine glasses won't fit on any shelf in my kitchen except the top shelf. I have to stand on my tiptoes and reach for all I've got and I just knew I'd crash one on the granite someday and shatter it. I know you have a wine rack, but I don't know where I'd put one.

I'm not even going to try to do anymore personals. It's too late and I'm way too far behind. Must catch up. Hugs to all.
XOXO

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
"Cheryl, I am so glad that you got the grabber/reacher and it helped you get the lights put up. I have 2 of them and would be lost without it. Love the lights around your bed!!! So cozy and welcoming. BTW, if you have the reacher like I showed - with narrow claws at the end,- they are great for picking up or putting LIGHTWEIGHT things in place. For heavier items - it is best to have the grabber that has suction cups on the claws as it can handle up to about 4-5 lb things."

Kay @BrightEyes I went that very day and ordered one. I got the "normal" one, but I want the one with suction cups on it now. I didn't see that one, but I'm going to look. Those things are a God Send. I've wanted one for a long time. I couldn't have gotten those lights up otherwise. I'm going to try wrapping my garden arch, next. I'll be a "Grabber-ing Fool". :rotfl::floorlaugh:
Cheryl, I looked at the grabbers on-online and they no longer have the one that I remember with the suction cups. Saw a couple of others with different suction cups that might work for getting those glasses. There are several videos about them that might help you decide which one you want to get. Just be aware that most grabbers won't lift over about 5-6 lbs.