Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, February 29: Leap Day Edition!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Woo hoo! Happy Leap Day!!

10207757.png

(You can call it like is it, I am reaching for stuff to be excited about :giggle4:)
It's ok to chat with me today, it's safe. I am feeling a little more normal, which in February is a low bar but I'll take it. I skimmed up yesterday's thread and was thrilled to see so many photos of spring and "air." Susie, @pachimac you cracked me up!

Yesterday was long and dreary. I had convinced myself I was going to try to lie down for a rest/nap but it didn't happen. Gary told me how he knew I wasn't going to follow through. In my defense, as feeble as it is, I thought I would have time mid-morning. My dad called early to see if the laptop was ready for him to pick up, and then he called back to say he and my mom would pop in mid-afternoon. By the time they left, it was too late to nap/rest. I had some tea and worked on tagging some of the new kits from the incredible Leap Bundle.

The highlight of my day was that I saw a pileated woodpecker. Man, they are sooo neat! I was taking some products out to the compost pile and it swooshed past me and landed a few yards away. Of course, I didn't have my phone with me. I stuck my head out of the bathroom window and watched him in the woods behind my house. I tried to get a few pictures but he was too far away, all you could see was a red blur among the leaves.
We have seen them before but not regularly. Does anyone know if they stay in one area or are more migratory? @scrap-genie ?
I see downy woodpeckers more often than the pileated ones. I am trying to remember what the different birds look and sound like but it's hard (for me at least). I know robins and bluejays and cardinals. :D

I'm off to clean for my friend today and then Scott's coming here to do his taxes and have dinner. Gary's cooking :D
We put out 8 boxes of stuff for donation this morning. Slowly-- we are lightening up the junk in the house. Ya still can't tell, but it is happening.

I'm going to post this, do quick personals, and then off to work.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday Did you sleep well last night? Hope it was better than the night before. How sweet to see Eliza, such a pretty name.
Thank you so much for the pretty daffodils! I was tempted yesterday when it was only drizzling to uncover some of the crocus but it's back down to 21* today so I didn't want to uncover any critters living under the leaves.

@BrightEyes How exciting that your plum and peach trees are budding and blooming! I am happy to live vicariously through all of you since nothing will be blooming for a while in NJ. But to know that it is coming-- almost as good. Not quite as good, but almost. :flower:
I was very careful with the shredder and made sure the blades were kept clear and it didn't overheat.
You are a scrapping machine... I think I did 12 LOs this month and for me-- that's a *lot*

@taxed4ever Make sure you have a glass of wine on hand every time you will be helping your ILs pack and move. It doesn't matter what time of day it is either. Dr. Faery's orders.
I think that the weather has a lot to do with my mood too- I even said to Gary that I always feel crummy in Feb, that it shouldn't be strange that I did. Now that is it almost March-- hopefully, we will both be in better spirits.
What?? You wouldn't go out in the rain to take pictures of your flowers for me? I am insulted. :neener:

Kay- you got so much done yesterday! And donuts to boot :p

@pachimac Congrats to Melissa! Does this mean that she can be a server in a place that sells alcohol? Or at a liquor store?

@Cherylndesigns How nice to get to talk to your sister for so long. My brother and I are close but I don't think I'd ever be able to talk to him that long. My BFF/sister - that time frame we could do, no sweat LOL
I keep a throw blanket folded on my headboard so when the dogs steal the blankets I can still cover myself up. As for Sam-- good luck with him :/

@scrap-genie I love the spooky effect of the trees, the blending is really cool where the branches overlap. Love the crocus!!

Susie- I adore both pics you shared but for very different reasons :rotfl:

Gotta run-- hugs to you all!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
24 small.png
Doing the leap day leap!!! :floorlaugh: :lol23::spinningchair: It only comes around every 4 years so have to do the leap. Just hope it doesn't hurt when I land!! Yes, Chris... I am with you being glad that Feb is ending!!! We may have a mix of rain and snow this morning. And it is freezing right now! Yes, I said SNOW... but it should be very short-lived may a couple of hours is all. Once it is done, I have to go to the Post Office, the library, and the senior citizen center library to drop off the DVDs and some books. Forecast is for cold weather again with high winds over the weekend. May have gusts upwards of 60 -70 mph again. Sounds like March will be coming in like a lion but hope it calms down quickly to a lamb.

So happy I found a SD chip for the camera. That is one less thing to stress over. Hmmmmm - maybe I should go back and pick up another one. :giggle4: It was only $7. I called the base pharmacy to refill a prescription and got a message that Tricare has had a global outage since Feb 21, so they can't fill or refill Rxs!!! Yikes!!! Thank goodness I have enough meds to last for awhile. I'll keep checking every couple of days to see if it is fixed.

I need to call my sister and make sure the fires burning near Amarillo are not close to her. She lives on the southside and I think the fires are all north of Amarillo. Most of the southwest is under a fire watch due to the dry conditions and high winds.

Will be back for personals... need more :coffeedrinker:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... a quick in and out of here for me today as I have to get to the Farm Market this morning and then drop off a gift to SIL for her man, Mark. Then I am meeting with a friend for a quick coffee and picking up an order from her. I also want to stop in at my fav craft store and see if they have a couple of things that I need/want. I slept in a bit so I am running late. I just wanted to pop in and say hello :wavinghello:and hope that all of you have a great day! Its a sunny morning finally, but pretty chilly, so I have to check the hummingbird feeder before I go also. Anyway enjoy your day everyone, I will catch up with you all tomorrow! :waving3:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Woo hoo! Happy Leap Day!!

10207757.png

(You can call it like is it, I am reaching for stuff to be excited about :giggle4:)
It's ok to chat with me today, it's safe. I am feeling a little more normal, which in February is a low bar but I'll take it. I skimmed up yesterday's thread and was thrilled to see so many photos of spring and "air." Susie, @pachimac you cracked me up!

Yesterday was long and dreary. I had convinced myself I was going to try to lie down for a rest/nap but it didn't happen. Gary told me how he knew I wasn't going to follow through. In my defense, as feeble as it is, I thought I would have time mid-morning. My dad called early to see if the laptop was ready for him to pick up, and then he called back to say he and my mom would pop in mid-afternoon. By the time they left, it was too late to nap/rest. I had some tea and worked on tagging some of the new kits from the incredible Leap Bundle.

The highlight of my day was that I saw a pileated woodpecker. Man, they are sooo neat! I was taking some products out to the compost pile and it swooshed past me and landed a few yards away. Of course, I didn't have my phone with me. I stuck my head out of the bathroom window and watched him in the woods behind my house. I tried to get a few pictures but he was too far away, all you could see was a red blur among the leaves.
We have seen them before but not regularly. Does anyone know if they stay in one area or are more migratory? @scrap-genie ?
I see downy woodpeckers more often than the pileated ones. I am trying to remember what the different birds look and sound like but it's hard (for me at least). I know robins and bluejays and cardinals. :D

I'm off to clean for my friend today and then Scott's coming here to do his taxes and have dinner. Gary's cooking :D
We put out 8 boxes of stuff for donation this morning. Slowly-- we are lightening up the junk in the house. Ya still can't tell, but it is happening.

I'm going to post this, do quick personals, and then off to work.
I think I saw a pileated woodpecker here once, but it swooped in and out very quickly! So I didn't get any pictures either! We have pairs of downies and red bellies that hang out here at the feeders.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday Did you sleep well last night? Hope it was better than the night before. How sweet to see Eliza, such a pretty name.
Thank you so much for the pretty daffodils! I was tempted yesterday when it was only drizzling to uncover some of the crocus but it's back down to 21* today so I didn't want to uncover any critters living under the leaves.

@BrightEyes How exciting that your plum and peach trees are budding and blooming! I am happy to live vicariously through all of you since nothing will be blooming for a while in NJ. But to know that it is coming-- almost as good. Not quite as good, but almost. :flower:
I was very careful with the shredder and made sure the blades were kept clear and it didn't overheat.
You are a scrapping machine... I think I did 12 LOs this month and for me-- that's a *lot*

@taxed4ever Make sure you have a glass of wine on hand every time you will be helping your ILs pack and move. It doesn't matter what time of day it is either. Dr. Faery's orders.
I think that the weather has a lot to do with my mood too- I even said to Gary that I always feel crummy in Feb, that it shouldn't be strange that I did. Now that is it almost March-- hopefully, we will both be in better spirits.
What?? You wouldn't go out in the rain to take pictures of your flowers for me? I am insulted. :neener:

@pachimac Congrats to Melissa! Does this mean that she can be a server in a place that sells alcohol? Or at a liquor store?

@Cherylndesigns How nice to get to talk to your sister for so long. My brother and I are close but I don't think I'd ever be able to talk to him that long. My BFF/sister - that time frame we could do, no sweat LOL
I keep a throw blanket folded on my headboard so when the dogs steal the blankets I can still cover myself up. As for Sam-- good luck with him :/

@scrap-genie I love the spooky effect of the trees, the blending is really cool where the branches overlap. Love the crocus!!

Yes, I slept well last night.....as well as any other night usually. Nothing like the night before!
The daffodils are the only thing blooming around here so far. I had some planted at the parsonage when Tim and I lived there but I think the grounds keeper finally got rid of them since no one is living in the parsonage now. I will have to pay attention on Sunday to see if they are still there.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
View attachment 413964
Doing the leap day leap!!! :floorlaugh: :lol23::spinningchair: It only comes around every 4 years so have to do the leap. Just hope it doesn't hurt when I land!! Yes, Chris... I am with you being glad that Feb is ending!!! We may have a mix of rain and snow this morning. And it is freezing right now! Yes, I said SNOW... but it should be very short-lived may a couple of hours is all. Once it is done, I have to go to the Post Office, the library, and the senior citizen center library to drop off the DVDs and some books. Forecast is for cold weather again with high winds over the weekend. May have gusts upwards of 60 -70 mph again. Sounds like March will be coming in like a lion but hope it calms down quickly to a lamb.

So happy I found a SD chip for the camera. That is one less thing to stress over. Hmmmmm - maybe I should go back and pick up another one. :giggle4: It was only $7. I called the base pharmacy to refill a prescription and got a message that Tricare has had a global outage since Feb 21, so they can't fill or refill Rxs!!! Yikes!!! Thank goodness I have enough meds to last for awhile. I'll keep checking every couple of days to see if it is fixed.

I need to call my sister and make sure the fires burning near Amarillo are not close to her. She lives on the southside and I think the fires are all north of Amarillo. Most of the southwest is under a fire watch due to the dry conditions and high winds.

Will be back for personals... need more :coffeedrinker:
We haven't seen one snowflake this winter! I was hoping for one good snow so I could get some pictures. I guess we still have time, but with temps already getting into the 70's here it is doubtful!

Blue Cross is associated with a place that I don't recall the name of that their computers have been down for about the same time as Tricare, so Mark had to pay $60 instead of $27 for his Mounjaro this month!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Screenshot_20240229-113340.png
Good Morning,
42* right now and sunny, but only going to get to 51* this afternoon! That's 20 degrees cooler than yesterday, even with the rain all day! That seems backwards somehow! It's pretty breezy which helps dry up the ground at least!

My thrush was much better this morning, thank the Lord! Usually when I wake up it is the worst. I don't understand that because I brush my teeth before bed and then rinse with the nystatin. Who knows! But I'll take the clearer tongue this morning!

My CT status will be disabled after today. Ona told me to go ahead and download the Leap into Spring bundle if I could get a couple of pages done by March 4th. I told her I would be able to get them done today. That way I can get them on my Feb CT tracker before I figure out my totals for the month. Especially since I have daffodil photos to scrap!

Today is another pj day for me. I did have to change my clothes yesterday when Mark called to see if I wanted to do lunch. I had not eaten yet so I went. I need to fix my lunch now so I'm going to say goodbye for now!

HAGD to everyone who stops by! :bye2:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O

That's a good idea about the throw. Actually, I keep one and Daisy "stole" it - little stinker. Maybe I need two now. Gotta work with what we have, right?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good evening my lovelies.

I can't believe I finally made it in here. What a day. I was standing on the edge of the cliff yesterday, but when i went to bed, I vowed that tomorrow (Scarlette O'Hara) Today would be better. I made a list of what I had to take care of today and by golly, I got up and scratched off that list.

WHY OH WHY does EVERYTHING seem to rain down on you at the same time????? I got another fraud alert from my bank - I'm about to pull my hair out. I guess I'm lucky they catch them, but DANG how many scammers are there out there??? Of course, they were number 1 on my list. The wait time was interminable so i finally gave up. At least they (the bot) told me what my balance was and I can still use my debit/credit card, so no worries at least for today.

Chris @faerywings How do I talk to my sister for two hours????? Don't have the answer to that. We always laugh that we should talk more often and not have these marathon convos. I talk to my younger sister about that long too.

Well, it's about 8:30 and I have NO idea when I started this, so I'm going to say adios. I need to leap into the end of the month stuff. See you all next month. :rotfl: