Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, February 25

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
GooooOd morning, my lOves! Let me run through a quick mental check: It is Thursday, it is sunny but cold, I don't have to be anywhere today, I do have to make sure Cait is awake in a few minutes and bring her coffee and a dog.
I am back- Mission Accomplished, W is locked in Cait's BR while she drinks her coffee. :D She has meetings starting at 9.30 and is happy that she can brush her hair, put on a bit of mascara, and call herself done.

Yesterday was another dull one. The food order was fine even though a bunch of things I had requested that were on sale were out of stock. I will try again next week. Actually, I am trying right now *@!%$@#*. I have a tab open and a spot reserved and now it is just spinning and spinning and spinning... And poof. Timed out. Gah!!! Well then.

I ended up trying a couple of more times and no luck so I used the app and grabbed a spot for the same day, an hour later. What a PITA. But on a positive note, it is nice to know that while I was off fighting with ShopRite, I didn't have to worry about losing my post here. I love the Draft feature. So yeah, boring day yesterday. Shopping, laundry, dishes. I also got to start scrapping a page and think I am going to use the kit for a new signature. Cait and I worked on a puzzle for a bit before dinner. Today is going to be more of the same.
I am so bored with my everyday existence but have no motivation to actually do anything. This is mostly normal for me this time of year, I practically hibernate but this year I have an underlying anxiety about what life is going to be like this spring and summer. This past year is a black hole but it is *my* black hole.

I am going to be on a search for some new reading material at some point today. I am almost finished with the one I am on now, You Belong to Me by Karen Rose. It is an older one, a murder mystery. I must have downloaded it when the free ebook lists were all the rage. I finished the angry feminism book a couple of nights ago and feel like I have lots of company in my anger and frustrations. hah. My mom got me Barack Obama's new book and I am just starting the chapter when he met Michelle. I loved her description of how they met in her book so it will be fun to see his take on it.:p I will be bringing a bunch of books with me when I have to sit in the cold car for an hour or so while Gary is in the Drs. Speaking of Drs can you all give Scott some good thoughts. He has a bunch of different things going on and isn't finding any answers, which of course makes Gary and me worry about Lyme. He says it doesn't feel like it is Lyme which is a good sign. Even though I have all of these aches and pains and fatigue, I can tell it isn't the same, or at least not anywhere near the same level where I was at before.

Hoping everyone is having a fab day today! Love to all!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord I used to enjoy cooking and now I struggle every darn night. I still like cooking, it is the planning of *what* to cook that I have the hardest time with. Cait's crush is vegan and she is concerned for my stress levels when/if he ever comes here for dinner. She had a few friends who were vegan and would eat dinner with us and it was fine, but a (possible) new boyfriend might put a little extra stress on me. We do a lot of "clean out the fridge" dinners too, esp on the nights when one or the other kid has classes at dinner time.
The trick with the egg rolls is to not fill them too much and to use enough water to seal the wrappers tightly so the filling doesn't leak out when you are frying them.
Thanks for the good thoughts for Scott!

@taxed4ever I am so jealous that your snow is all melted. I can't see out of my driveway b/c the piles are so high. But soon enough, right??? You are so lucky to see some growth, that always rejuvenates me. Don't forget you are going to pictures for us soon.
Great news about the garage repair! It is always a refreshing change when something costs *less* than you expected. If he gets this job I have no idea which part of the county he would be in, but I don't think he would care. My county looks like an hourglass at a 45* angle- the top part is the rural area where we live, the bottom half is more urban/inner-city but they have park areas there too. Either way, as long as he is outside, that kid will be happy. (kid-- always my kid even though he is going to be 25 in May)
hehe! We have the same siggie/blinkie!

@bcgal00 That is awesome that you and Taz get to go out on walks and you get to take fab pictures of the wildlife. It is good that you and Taz are cautious. Will the coyotes/cougars stay away from you make a lot of noise? That is what is suggested here with the bears, some hikers will attach bells to their gear. Be safe and always alert.
I hope that Taz and Bella can get some play dates after they move out.

@Cherylndesigns the weather sure has been bizarre, bet the 64* feels amazing after the last couple of weeks. I am assuming that your water pipes are all good? Hope you got all of your downloads done.

@felis Sorry that you didn't get organized yesterday but I am proud of you for being spontaneous and enjoying the weather and dog walk. Oh, that Middleton is naughty! And very smart to hide the evidence. LOL!!!! Financially, we shouldn't have kept Whisky but after fostering her, we couldn't let her go. Foster Fail saps! But I don't think I could go back to one dog, they really like that company. Caitlyn is more allergic to cats than dogs so no more cats in the future. I am glad that your aunt is doing well but sorry to hear that your dad's family is still having issues.

Take care, my dears! xo

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... lets see if I can get this posted before Heather and Hunter call?? It is a chilly but sunny morning and lots of fresh snow on the mountain tops, but none down here so that is all good! Swimming today and then I will pick up my grocery order. My Gary is taking the day off tomorrow as it is our Anniversary. 44 years together, still happy, still in love! He drives me crazy some days, but I wouldn't trade him in for a newer model LOL. He wants to take me out for supper, but really I am indifferent to the idea, the joy of going to a restaurant has faded since all of this Covid stuff has happened. So many things that I used to like to do have lost their shine, no clothes shopping unless its absolutely necessary and I don't even go downtown to browse around the cute little shops anymore. I wonder if they are even still open??? No more trips to the Farmers Market on Saturdays either. Life is no fun anymore!! But we are healthy and so are our kids and grands so there is lots to be thankful for!

@faerywings - sorry that you can't even see out of your driveway because of all of the SNOW!!! Sure hope spring happens for you soon! OMG your online shopping is such a frustration for you! Why can't anything be easy?? Hope you are able to find some great books to read while you wait in the car. Remember to wear your mitts, but then I guess its hard to turn the pages with your mitts on LOL. Sure hope that Scott gets this job! He will be so happy to be in the great outdoors again! Ha, Ha I still call my kids, kids too even though our son is 42 and our daughter is 39. They will forever be our babies right?? I need to get a page started for the March Challenges and there are so many gorgeous kits out there right now that I can't decide on what to use, its the same thing that happens to me when I do go clothes shopping, its all too overwhelming, so I don't get anything LOL. I need to get motivated again!!

Opps - my phone is screaming at me that there is a face time call, so I will end this here and TTYAL!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Just a quick pop in to say hi. The movers are here to get Jen moved out, I'm watching Bella, D is going to a doctor's visit this morning and then to the bank b/c if one of the two female pups is still available this afternoon (the owners are doing a showing this morning but we can't go b/c of D's appt) we'll go get her this afternoon. They are b/w aussiedoodles. I'll be on pins and needles after 11:00, waiting to get a text if they are still available. Don't know how many are going to the 11 am viewing or if they even want female, so there is still a chance one will be available and if so, she'll come home today to us. If it doesn't work out, we'll keep looking and hopefully there will be one soon. Think positive thoughts please.

Gotta go, I also need to work hard this morning since I might not be working this afternoon if we go to get the pup. If we get her, I'll share a pic of her tomorrow :)

Have a good day.

nancyr

good evening - well it has been a stressful two days. I hate when I do it to myself. First I hate appointments that are from 8:30 - 5:30 and you have to be ready and cant go anywhere. But Safelite did an awesome job on the windshield. But not only that he cleaned out the whole from seat area of the car. And I mean he really cleaned it. There was some glass and I guess maybe there was more as he took it out. But the seats look shined. Chris I can say in my case he did a great job! We drove today and there were not obvious wind from the front. It was quiet. And it was so clean and new. So I had to get up at 4:30 am this am to make sure I could get to the appointment. We got there earlier but the maps app scared us as it took us a completely different way and it was faster! So of course that made me nervous. Got in line and they opened the center at 7:40am. They don't check times they just check date and QRC code. You have to go through a registration. It was so much easier for those that were second shots. We got through it all much faster. I still walked about a mile but there were not stops. There were also more stations set up so that was good. I was out by 8:10am. Yea I am done for this year LOL. Not sure if this will be like the flu with a shot once a year yet or not. Whatever I do it for a flu shot so I can sure do it for a Covid shot. But I was so tired I slept for 3 hrs this afternoon. My arm is much sorer this time but so far that is the only problem. My FDIL (future DIL) had her shot yesterday and she said that she has sore arm and some body aches. I feel like I am indeed knowing more people who are getting their shots. This really is happening! Now I am watching Devils hockey. We are playing Buffalo again! The third time in 6 days. The weather has been sunny and the amount of snow we in the north or middle of NJ as compared to southern NJ is remarkable. It was cool to see as we came north. It is only about 90 miles. We still have a lot to melt but it is happening as the sun has been out.

@faerywings Chris sending good thoughts for Scott. Sure hope he gets that job. I know that the Edwin Forsythe is also looking for summer help but I also realize it is a far drive. You have the best vets! Hope the Drs. visits for Gary and Scott go well.

@taxed4ever Trudy you have the best conversations with your daughter and Hunter! My sister and I still don't do FaceTime as she is always getting ready for work and she says I don't need to see that LOL. Sure hope her drip stops dripping. Glad the garage is now fixed.

@bcgal00 Rae OMgosh just reading that there are aggressive cougars and coyotes where you walk would give me so much pause. Glad that Taz knows to walk away and be loud. Have fun taking the photos. And hoping to see photo of new puppy!

@Cherylndesigns I am so like like and Chris cooking is a necessary evil. That is why I do Blue Apron. I don't have left overs and I don't have to decide what to cook. They have changed a lot in that they must have been told that the process caused too many dishes and they are now making more one pot dishes. I like fast prep.

@felis I love that you are not organized but that you found something that would make you more happy.

Have a great day all!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello my Lovelies.

@Nancy I dislike cooking very much and have been thrilled to hand over the reigns to those who enjoy it. When we were traveling from Florida to Oklahoma, I thoroughly enjoyed getting on an app and having our meals delivered right to our hotel room doors. Like I said, I do love "figuring out what we're going to have". Last night, I told Chuck to just throw everything together and he did and it was delicious. We have a Family Group Text and I sent out "Pot Luck at 6sh". Everybody responsd yea or nay.

16 yo Braden (the human garbage disposal) said "I don't know what this is, but it's the best thing I've ever eaten." I told Chuck to get the Bisquick out (a STAPLE) and he had ground beef and mixed veggies and threw some garlic cream of chicken soup in it and Voila! The beauty of this bunch is - they'll eat whatever you throw at them. Hahaha

We finally got our new electric fireplace - it's SO beautiful and looks like it's always been there. The mark of a great buy, am I right? It was a family affair. I love it!

Attachments

• reading-the-directions.jpg
    reading-the-directions.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 5
  • reading-the-directions-1.jpg
    reading-the-directions-1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Moving-it-into-place.jpg
    Moving-it-into-place.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Looks-good.jpg
    Looks-good.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Looks-like-it's-always-been-there.jpg
    Looks-like-it's-always-been-there.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 5

LSlycord

@Cherylndesigns I love the stories about your family. Love the compound! Beautiful fireplace! Too bad that you didn’t have that last week! But it really looks so nice in there.

LSlycord

@nancyr great news about the windshield. And big congratulations on the vaccine. We used meal kits last summer. I may need to try that again.

LSlycord

@taxed4ever I hear what you mean about how hard it is to find things to enjoy. Congratulations on your anniversary. I hope that you can find some fun in a dinner out.

LSlycord

@faerywings i hope that they can figure out what is going on with Scott’s health. That must be so stressful. I‘m glad that it doesn’t feel like Lyme.