Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, February 11

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Guess what my driveway looks like? Or rather, what color it is again? Yup, it is white and not the sparkling, white sand beach that I wish it was. *G* It is only an inch so at least I don't have to worry about shoveling. My shoulder and back are a bit achy so I won't make it worse.
What a dull, boring week it has been. I did housework, laundry, baked some brownies. And I painted my nails. I have been chewing on my nails and cuticles terribly and they hurt so I am hoping that the polish will stop me from making them worse.
Today is gonna be another boring one. I think I am going to work on cleaning out the filing cabinets in my office today.
Go me.
haha!

Please have a happier, more exciting in a good way day than me :)

LSlycord

Good morning lovely ladies. I am so ready for the weekend….but two more days to get there. Someday, when I retire…but with two kids close to starting college…it may be awhile. Brian starts a new job on Monday, working from home. Our office has plenty of room for two desks but both of our jobs have us on the phone quite a bit so we can’t share. Sydney has set up her desk in the guest room for homework. Shaun uses his bed (now I need an emoji of rolling eyes) or the kitchen island. We have a pocket office (a built in desk and cabinets) between the kitchen and pantry. But, there is noise and commotion there so Brian’s office is going to be in the master bedroom closet. It is 10 x 12 and could have been a bedroom. We definitely don’t have that many clothes that we need an office like that. Especially since we no longer have clothing for all four seasons.

@faerywings I can’t believe that Christopher is 10. I’m so sorry that it has been so long since you have been able to see him. We went home in July of last year. I missed my nephew’s wedding in the fall. I haven’t met my great nephew. It is crazy. And thanks for all of the advice on AP courses. Syd does not want to go into medicine---at least right now. But she does want to do something in STEM. Her Bio teacher is amazing---and so she is taking AP Bio because she wanted a second year of Ms. Baker. I don’t think she will take any science courses next year at the community college for the very reason that you said…wants to make sure that they are rigorous enough for her degree. So we may take you up on that offer to talk to Cait. (So sorry that you have more snow.)

@taxed4ever I wouldn’t have thought that you would still have hummingbirds. Ours have all migrated south---how crazy is that? I have a couple of bushes that they love so we don’t even feed the hummingbirds, they just use the natural nectar from the firebush. We do feed the other birds however. We have bluebirds, cardinals, pine warbles, catbirds, Carolina chickadees, titmouses and wrens that frequent the feeder. I love it. And the pool sounds amazing. When all of our pools were closed last summer, we joined a place where he could swim in their lap pool but it was like yours and he had to make reservations everyday. He hasn’t been in the pool since high school swimming was over in November. That’s the longest he has been out of a pool since he was about 8. I’m trying to talk him into Master’s swimming but, like everything else, that is kind of on hold now.

Oh @bcgal00 I sure hope that you can find a new puppy. We have two right now but neither are small. I tell them that they need to be careful because if they knock me down, I’ll break a hip. LOL Andie is a 90+ pound Newfypoo and Hayden is a 55 pound Sheepadoodle. When we first got married, we had a Lhasa Apso named Noel. We had no children so she was really our baby. Nearly killed me when we had to let her go at 13 years.

Good morning @BrightEyes . I hear you about how some pages go together so quickly and some don’t. I scrap on my laptop but I almost feel like I need to buy a second monitor so that I can see what I’m doing.

@felis I can’t believe that you are asking for snow. I don’t miss that yet. I miss the four seasons…but not the snow. Maybe by next year I will miss the snow.

@Cherylndesigns my cousin lives in Oklahoma City and she told me last night that they are expecting a huge snowfall on Monday---10+ inches. And a good friend said that they are predicting flurries in San Antonio. I guess Florida is safe from that for now.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@taxed4ever I hope you get some warmer temps up soon, we are in the same boat, right now it is 15*F! We might get near 32* but yikes it is not making me happy at all. How sweet of the lady at the pool to make sure you have times to get your laps in. I cannot imagine how sad you are to not see your babies in so darn long. I know my mom is definitely going through that and she can at least come up here to wave at us. :(
I hear ya about not needing the car. I have to start mine *fingers crossed it does start* and let it run a while I haven't driven my car in about 2 weeks or so. I used Cait's car last week since mine was blocked in and I don't go anywhere. *shrugs* Are you going to be able to see the ILs soon? Your FIL is like my dad-- he was out snow blowing the driveway last week. They don't/won't/can't stop.
You must have been so happy to see the video of Heather and her 3 boys in the snow. She is one determined and tough lady, you raised her well. :) OMG, the best thing Twitter ever did was ban him, can you even imagine what a mess it would be right now??

@bcgal00 You are such a nice bird-mama, is it any warmer by you today? I do hope that you are able to get a puppy at some point when the time is right. I know you want a bred dog for a small size, but keep your eyes open for adopting, sometimes Petfinder.com has some too. I am sure that J and B will like having something tangible of Noel to look at. I still take my pets' off of the shelf and hold them when I am missing them. Ray's print has a piece of her fur stuck in it which made me smile because she shed so much and her fur was *always* in our food, in the air- just everywhere.
I hope that the link Trudy shared will help!

@BrightEyes How frustrating that must have been to have the photo that you wanted but not be able to use it and to then have all of your work went to waste with the text. I am much happier with my sleep, still having kooky dreams but along as I am not awake at all hours, I am in a much better place, mentally.

@felis- Great minds think alike! ...*continues reading*... Oh no! I do NOT go on Petfinder myself. I leave that up to Cait and Gary.:D:p:D:p:D Adopting is expensive but it also depends on the organization that you adopt from. Ray's adoption was around $100, and she was spayed and up to date on all vaccines. W on the other hand was $500! She was also spayed and vax'd but the Foster agency we got her from was an all-volunteer org with no big donors like the one Ray came from. No more new pets for us at any rate, 2 dogs are perfect.
I keep trying to send you my snow and I think the clouds are lost! :D

@Cherylndesigns UGHUGHUGH! What a wifi mess you are dealing with. :( It must be a relief to have DDs wifi fixed at least. Do you have any time frame at all to when you might get yours up and running?
Daisy is quite the gift! She is a sweetie! (But wow, I can't imagine paying that much for a dog... Caitlyn's first car was a little over $4000!)

Hugs to all of you!!

felis

@faerywings and @Cherylndesigns My cats are also spayed/neutered and have first 2 of their shots, all for free for their new owner, but yes Chris is right we are corporate sponsored.

@LSlycord I adore the snow, my whole family love it, so I'm still waiting for this that Chris is send me. :D

One of the last year.

Waving to the other girls! Will try to get back later or tomorrow. I'm still not feeling much talkative. :oops:

Attachments

• IMG-20201130-WA0069.jpg
    IMG-20201130-WA0069.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 4

nancyr

good morning - went to bed and it was snowing again and woke to about 3 inches of new snow. My DH was back shoveling this am. Luckily he could take a later train as his classes are late afternoon. I went grocery shopping yesterday and I still hate going. It was quick in and out in less that 45 min. I know where what I want is so that helps. Came home and took Luther on a nice walk. Poor guy finds it hard to find some place to poop on the walks as there are 2 feel high snow banks all all sides of the sidewalks. And I really hate people that do not shovel at corners. I have to go find driveways to get across streets. Maybe young people can just climb over but with new knees I am not taking chances. But it was not too bad to walk. It feels so good to get out that is for sure. Watched news about the impeachment and it is still shocking to see those videos. Watched hockey. Then to bed. Now today not much going on.

@faerywings the weather men were off in the timing as I thought the snow was starting later but they were right on the amount. Yep sounds like Sunday's snow will be more. Oh well. I sent my sister a photo and she cant believe how much we still have. It just wont melt! I got an email from one of the mega sites saying that I could register for an appointment. I was so surprised. Hopefully you have registered at all the mega site websites. They are doing better and as more have been vaccinated there will be more openings! Keep trying. Glad you are finding odd jobs to keep you busy!

@taxed4ever thank goodness Boston defeated the Rangers even if it took into OT. Got a call from my Devils rep and she said they are in talks with our governor to allow some fans in the building. The governor of NY said fans could go back for the Ranges, Sabres and Islanders. So I am hopeful. Also the tests to determine if you have Covid are pretty easy to find so that should be easy. Glad you are having fun back at the pool. How nice to know the scheduler. Saw that you will be getting snow and wow you are chilling. That is so cool that Rae was able to tell you about the feeder warmer.

@bcgal00 so sorry you are having trouble find another dog. It will happen when it does. You are so lucky with Taz he is such a cutie. I love your bird photos. And the Bella in the snow was awesome.

@LSlycord I remember those days of kids in high school trying figure out what come next. Have fun. Finding space for everyone to work seems like a full time job!

@felis sorry you have not yet gotten our snow. Both Chris and I are blowing it your way. That is interesting how your country does fostering and adopting of pets. As other have said most shelters do a lot of work to make sure that animals are healthy and that does save the adaptor a lot of money but boy do those shelters do a lot of good work and most try to just break even so the fees pay for staff, food and medical. Have a fun day.

@BrightEyes wow what a pain when you have the photos you want but have to redo. Sometime you are correct and just step away. Glad the finger is doing so well since you are scrapping again.

Waving to all.
Have a great day!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! Another crisp, frosty morning! We got a bit of snow yesterday, the really dry blow away kind (we rarely get that kind)! It did not amount to much and DH was disappointed that the driveway did not get covered enough to use his new snowblower :rolleyes:. Should be getting a face time call soon from Heather and Hunter. LOL they just called as soon as I typed it. So this is taking longer than I thought it would. I am also trying to get my online grocery order done at the same time, it is not going well as the site seems to be very, very slow this morning! Not much else happening here today, no swimming and not sure if I will be going tomorrow or not I am on the wait list, as the lady that schedules the swim times could not get me in for this Friday. That's ok though as DH is taking the day off tomorrow. He has some holiday time that he needs to use up. This way he gets an extra long weekend as Monday is family day here and he also has that day off too. Too bad we can't spend the time with family LOL. I will try to get another layout done today and catch up with a few other things that I have started and not completed. I seem to do a lot of that ;).

@faerywings - Yup another day, just like the other day o_O. Seems we are all going through these types of days together! At least you are not having to deal with any appliances breaking down are you?? I am still waiting on the parts for my over grrrrrr!!!! It is completely dead now so I am dependant on my Instapot and my toaster oven for all my cooking.

@LSlycord - I think that I would be missing the four season, although I wouldn't mind trying it out for awhile LOL. Yes we have the Anna Hummingbirds all year long. Not sure why they don't migrate south, I sure would!! No luck so far finding the heater for the feeder, but I will keep trying. I would love to be able to feed all those beautiful birds, however most people around here end up getting rats and I really don't want that!! (Sorry Chris & Caitlyn). Our neighbours ended up having to take down there beautiful big feeder because they were getting over run with rats and they even had to cut down the huge clematis that was growing all over the front porch as the rats were making their homes in there. I do love my swimming and the lovely pool that we get to use, sure hope your son gets to be back in the water soon!

@felis - That's ok that you are not too chatty right now, its hard to find things to talk about when you can't go anywhere or do anything!! I hope that you get the snow that you all want soon! I know that Chris and Nancy are trying to send it to you!

@nancyr - Yes we were cheering loudly when our Bruins won that game! I knew you would be pleased! Hope that you will be able to see your Devils in person soon! Of course I know that you will want it to be very safe first though! Hope you find something fun to do today!

Well it is almost 10:30 and I am still in my Pj's so off to the shower and then get going with my boring day LOL I know most of you are doing the same! Waving to you all and hope that something exciting happens for you today!

Kythe

CHEERY O
Same old same old here too.
I got up some enthusiasm and shopped for veggies to make soup. I managed 4 L of chicken vegetable with rice soup made and in the freezer. Handy for those days when you want a light dinner.
I also decided to try out a coconut oatmeal cookie recipe I found on FB. So disappointing. They taste like nothing. I have no idea what people were raving about.

I have managed to make my view of the site go small and can barely read what I am typing. If anyone has the fix for that I would love to know the secret.

NO wait! Betty Jo did the same thing and told me what to do. Yeah!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello lovely ladies!

@faerywings can you believe puppies cost that much? I did not pay that - I think that's outrageous. I was looking at how much Labradoodle puppies cost after I posted that last night. It looks like their price has come down a little, depending on the size, probably, but that's still in the price range. She's definitely worth a million dollars though. We've never had a smarter or sweeter dog. She's SO intelligent! Our first dog, a Poodle was registered and we thought she (Samantha) was the smartest dog, but we believe Daisy has tied Sam, if not passed her. Dairy seems to anticipate what we want. We puppysit with our Dd's Goldendoodle a lot and we can see quite a difference in them. Of course, we've worked with Daisy a LOT (we don't have a lot else to do) so it's not fair to make comparisons. LOL

We have no definitely time frame for the internet. They keep saying "it's coming". I say "so is Christmas". T-UGH

@felis, that's so awesome that your kitties are also spayed and neutered and have their shots. I sure wish that was the case here, but it's not. Our last Lab was adopted and he ended up costing us (I'm thinking) about $250.00. Your kitty in the snow is so sweet.

@LSlycord it's just cold here - we missed the last big snow - hoping to miss it again. We're in the NE corner of the state. The locals say this is the coldest it's been here for 7 or 8 years. YAY! Lucky us! I'm ready to go back to Florida! I hated the hot, hot, hot weather there, but for the last two days, I'd love a bit of it. We love it where we are, so we have to take the bad with the good.

It's such a PITA with no internet! I know I gripe every night about it. The "dedicated hot spot" that the kids loaned me is working brilliantly, though! My grandson just brought it to me late last night and hooked it up and we tried downloading a file and it worked! I was just able to download Viva's Chinese New Year files! Life is good!

Wait - it isn't all good. Our water stopped working this evening. The pipes aren't frozen - the guys already checked that. They don't know what's wrong but the plumber is coming in the am. UGH - could be worse - we still have heat. It's probably just new house problems. Meanwhile, the kids went and got us 10 gallon jugs + bottled water. That has to be for "everything". (Delicately put - we can't even flush) - we have NO water! Hopefully, they'll figure out what's wrong tomorrow. The beauty of being surrounded by family and builders. Good thing I just stocked up on hand sanitizer, too.

Waving to everybody and group hug. I want to go unzip Vivi's files and take a look at them so I can make her a page.