Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, August 22

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
helllooooooo!!
O-Fam, I have to share with ya some of what I am feeling but don't think I have words. So here goes, in emoji form:
:claphands::bedjump::birthaydog::eek3::wow::couchhide::spinningchair::bedjump::blowkiss::birthaydog::whip4::lovey3::woohoo::neener:o_O:stash::idea::lalala::thud::dancingbfly:

GAH!
Too much going on in my head and my heart and it's all good. nerve-wracking and exciting and good and terrifying and amazing.

Things are really falling into place for the wedding and it's getting so real. Caitlyn and I have the time schedule to be at the venue for hair and makeup and getting her dressed. Time for the photographers to meet us there. Time for the rest of the family to be there. Gah!
I am so excited and happy and anxious. This is all normal, right?

I spend a lot of time looking through old photos on my computer and the ones stored in boxes in my closet. Cait needed some photos of her and Scott and Gary when she was little. There was one picture in particular that she wanted but I couldn't find it. It was a photo we had taken at Walmart when she was 4, maybe 5? It was for a Christmas card and maybe I only got the cards and the 11x14 print because usually with the Walmart photo packages, you have millions of the small photos left over. I tried to scan the 11x14 that I have on the wall but between the size (bigger than the flatbed) and the faded colors, it came out bad. But she liked some of the other ones that I had shared with her. Hopefully, she found what she needed.

Lots of memories came back as I looked through the photos. I also have to call my mom. She was telling us a story of being at their lakehouse for New Year's Eve a long time ago. Neither Cait or I had any recollection of it. Since she occasionally gets memories mixed up, we figured it was a false memory of my mom's. But I have photographic proof that she was right and we were wrong. :oops2: LOL!

The other thing that has been 100% stoked and terrified is that Weis posted the registration info on Facebook for the Fall Homeschool Session and it is all based on my plans.
Oh- I just checked the website and it is there too. http://www.highlandsnaturefriends.org/homeschooling.html
I hope that I didn't oversell my ideas in my draft lessons. I got this. (Faery, you GOT this)
It is also running two days a week so I'm gonna be busy. So you can see why I am thrilled and scared out of my mind? ("out of my gourd" if I want to be seasonal hee hee!)

So yesterday my brain was all over the place but Gary and I had a nice afternoon break in the backyard. We built a small fire in the pit and just relaxed for a little while. The bowl of the fire pit is starting to rust and I don't know how much longer we can use it but it was perfect for yesterday.

No out of house plans today but I will be working on lesson plans and the wedding toast. Big items.
(My stomach is flipping around ATM. Bear with me!)

Deep breath.

On that note, I'm gonna stick my head between my knees and hope that the spots before my eyes go away.
JK! I'm fine.
shocked-spongebob-squarepants-faint-xg6c0hx10izvnhfr.gif

Really.
:floorlaugh:

HAGD!! ♥

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@mimes1
Before you know it we'll be in the beauty of fall!
The beauty of fall???? Are you :crazy: ? Fall leads to winter and winter is a hellscape :giggle4:
I do like a couple of things about fall- Halloween being one. The other is when I am driving on the mountain roads and when you come around a curve and you see the autumn trees and sky. It's breathtaking where I live. I hate the cold though and that puts a damper on my mood. I am a summer girl through and through.
How are you feeling today, I hope that the cold is gone.
Did you and Mark have any luck at the mall? Gary and Scott ended up buying basic suits from Men's Warehouse. They looked at rentals but they both will need suits for future occasions so it made more sense to buy. Hope that Mark found one and that it was on sale :D
Congrats to your niece!

@vickyday My mom and I always went down the shore for a couple of nights in Sept. I don't think that is going to happen this year between my work schedule and the wedding so the day trip was a nice way to get there with the kids.
You should be proud of yourself for walking! Not to mention getting the endorphins flowing- it is a win-win!
What a lovely night with Mark in the woods, GMTA! Gary and I didn't cook out there but it sure was nice watching a small fire burn.
Hope both o your headaches are gone.

@BrightEyes That's too bad that you couldn't get any good photos of the moon after it very rudely woke you up. Gary got a couple on his phone that were incredible. I'm never awake to see it hah.
I heard you yelling at me, Chris...
Why am I thinking I have to tone myself down? Sorry for yelling so loud! Just know I yell out of love ♥
Another gorgeous page and I'm so happy that you figured out the best way to put the pages together. Good luck with uncurling the non-wedding photos. Very smart idea, BTW to practice on the less important ones first.

@MariJ Same same same!!!-- I am not thinking of the W-Word (winter) :lalala: It should get warmer here this weekend too. One good/bad thing about my house is that once it cools off it stays pretty cool. The trees block all of the afternoon sun this time of year. The good part is that we haven't needed the AC in the last few days at all.
I'm glad that you are getting some last pool days in.

@Terri M Welcome back! Are you slowly recovering from your 3 weeks of grandma-ing? I can't imagine your photos and scrap material! I am LOL-ing at your optimism about bringing your laptop :D
So sorry to hear that Debby made a mess, I hope it doesn't take too long to get the trails back in shape :(

@taxed4ever Fab news on getting out on the hike! Did the weather cooperate the entire time?
DH and I had a nice glass of wine on the upper deck and soaked up a bit of sunshine.
is it love in the air that we had nice afternoons with the hubs?
:loveangel:

Good Morning My Sweet O family!
How are you all doing? :coffeedrinker:Life is flying along and I am wondering what happened. I got my calendar for the 24/25 year and transferred all the known dates and birthdays. Calendar is a bonus calendar and runs Aug '24-Dec '25, which I love cause I can use it for the School year and not have to change it in January. So all school info in on it, appointments, birthdays and holy moly September is full. I think I have one or two days only that aren't full. I love looking ahead at May as there is nothing on there but birthdays (so far).
Terrifying. It's absolutely terrifying! :rotfl: I hear ya on everything you wrote.
I hope that the warmer weather sticks around a little longer for you. What time does the sun set now?

Kay- it yiyiiii. 102* is too hot.
The photo process seems very encouraging! *fingers crossed*
Hey "potty mouth" , we are merely chronologically advanced.
hahahah!! Yup, you got me there :D

I'm trying to catch up again...we had very bad internet and cell service for data at our last few camp areas. We are in Louisiana for a few days.. service is ok but not fast at all. I have to admit I will be glad to be home with reliable internet so I can catch up with everyone. It sure sounds like everyone is busy..
hey Debby! It's crazy how used to fast internet is and when we don't have it is it such a PITB? But remember when we all had dial-up and you could start connecting, walk away, have a cup of coffee and it was still connecting? And we that that was sooo awesome? LOL!
Enjoy the weather, 80* sure sounds perfect!

xoxo

mimes1

CHEERY O
Did you and Mark have any luck at the mall? Gary and Scott ended up buying basic suits from Men's Warehouse. They looked at rentals but they both will need suits for future occasions so it made more sense to buy. Hope that Mark found one and that it was on sale :D
Congrats to your niece!
Good morning everyone - the cold? Turns out it's Covid. Ugh. Woke up with a high fever in the night, took some cough and cold and ibuprofen, and then took a covid test when I woke up. Positive. Not happy.

For the suit, we went to Mens Wearhouse and got Mark a nice suit, belt, and white shirt. He should be good to go. We were in and out in less than an hour. The salesman was good and we knew what we wanted to it wasn't overly traumatic.

@BoatLady we miss you! Can't wait to see more of your travel layouts. You must be about home?
@faerywings the first winter Mark and I were here, about the time the leaves were all of the trees and it was grey, cold and drizzly, Mark and I looked at each other and said "4 more months of THIS??? What have we done!!" :shakingsense:

Heading back to bed for a while - the only good thing about covid is I'll be home for a few days and might get some scrapping done! And certainly some extra chatting!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
helllooooooo!!
O-Fam, I have to share with ya some of what I am feeling but don't think I have words. So here goes, in emoji form:
:claphands::bedjump::birthaydog::eek3::wow::couchhide::spinningchair::bedjump::blowkiss::birthaydog::whip4::lovey3::woohoo::neener:o_O:stash::idea::lalala::thud::dancingbfly:

GAH!
Too much going on in my head and my heart and it's all good. nerve-wracking and exciting and good and terrifying and amazing.

Things are really falling into place for the wedding and it's getting so real. Caitlyn and I have the time schedule to be at the venue for hair and makeup and getting her dressed. Time for the photographers to meet us there. Time for the rest of the family to be there. Gah!

I spend a lot of time looking through old photos on my computer and the ones stored in boxes in my closet. Cait needed some photos of her and Scott and Gary when she was little. There was one picture in particular that she wanted but I couldn't find it. It was a photo we had taken at Walmart when she was 4, maybe 5? It was for a Christmas card and maybe I only got the cards and the 11x14 print because usually with the Walmart photo packages, you have millions of the small photos left over. I tried to scan the 11x14 that I have on the wall but between the size (bigger than the flatbed) and the faded colors, it came out bad. But she liked some of the other ones that I had shared with her. Hopefully, she found what she needed.

Lots of memories came back as I looked through the photos. I also have to call my mom. She was telling us a story of being at their lakehouse for New Year's Eve a long time ago. Neither Cait or I had any recollection of it. Since she occasionally gets memories mixed up, we figured it was a false memory of my mom's. But I have photographic proof that she was right and we were wrong. :oops2: LOL!

The other thing that has been 100% stoked and terrified is that Weis posted the registration info on Facebook for the Fall Homeschool Session and it is all based on my plans.
Oh- I just checked the website and it is there too. http://www.highlandsnaturefriends.org/homeschooling.html
I hope that I didn't oversell my ideas in my draft lessons. I got this. (Faery, you GOT this)
It is also running two days a week so I'm gonna be busy. So you can see why I am thrilled and scared out of my mind? ("out of my gourd" if I want to be seasonal hee hee!)

So yesterday my brain was all over the place but Gary and I had a nice afternoon break in the backyard. We built a small fire in the pit and just relaxed for a little while. The bowl of the fire pit is starting to rust and I don't know how much longer we can use it but it was perfect for yesterday.

No out of house plans today but I will be working on lesson plans and the wedding toast. Big items.
(My stomach is flipping around ATM. Bear with me!)

Deep breath.

On that note, I'm gonna stick my head between my knees and hope that the spots before my eyes go away.
JK! I'm fine.
shocked-spongebob-squarepants-faint-xg6c0hx10izvnhfr.gif

Really.
:floorlaugh:

HAGD!! ♥
YAY! Good news ALL the way around! I'm gonna check out the link, too!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@mimes1

The beauty of fall???? Are you :crazy: ? Fall leads to winter and winter is a hellscape :giggle4:
I do like a couple of things about fall- Halloween being one. The other is when I am driving on the mountain roads and when you come around a curve and you see the autumn trees and sky. It's breathtaking where I live. I hate the cold though and that puts a damper on my mood. I am a summer girl through and through.
Congrats to your niece!

@vickyday My mom and I always went down the shore for a couple of nights in Sept. I don't think that is going to happen this year between my work schedule and the wedding so the day trip was a nice way to get there with the kids.
You should be proud of yourself for walking! Not to mention getting the endorphins flowing- it is a win-win!
What a lovely night with Mark in the woods, GMTA! Gary and I didn't cook out there but it sure was nice watching a small fire burn.
Hope both o your headaches are gone.

@BrightEyes That's too bad that you couldn't get any good photos of the moon after it very rudely woke you up. Gary got a couple on his phone that were incredible. I'm never awake to see it hah.

Why am I thinking I have to tone myself down? Sorry for yelling so loud! Just know I yell out of love ♥
Another gorgeous page and I'm so happy that you figured out the best way to put the pages together. Good luck with uncurling the non-wedding photos. Very smart idea, BTW to practice on the less important ones first.

@MariJ Same same same!!!-- I am not thinking of the W-Word (winter) :lalala: It should get warmer here this weekend too. One good/bad thing about my house is that once it cools off it stays pretty cool. The trees block all of the afternoon sun this time of year. The good part is that we haven't needed the AC in the last few days at all.
I'm glad that you are getting some last pool days in.

@Terri M Welcome back! Are you slowly recovering from your 3 weeks of grandma-ing? I can't imagine your photos and scrap material! I am LOL-ing at your optimism about bringing your laptop :D
So sorry to hear that Debby made a mess, I hope it doesn't take too long to get the trails back in shape :(

@taxed4ever Fab news on getting out on the hike! Did the weather cooperate the entire time?

is it love in the air that we had nice afternoons with the hubs?
:loveangel:

Terrifying. It's absolutely terrifying! :rotfl: I hear ya on everything you wrote.
I hope that the warmer weather sticks around a little longer for you. What time does the sun set now?

Kay- it yiyiiii. 102* is too hot.
The photo process seems very encouraging! *fingers crossed*

hahahah!! Yup, you got me there :D

hey Debby! It's crazy how used to fast internet is and when we don't have it is it such a PITB? But remember when we all had dial-up and you could start connecting, walk away, have a cup of coffee and it was still connecting? And we that that was sooo awesome? LOL!
Enjoy the weather, 80* sure sounds perfect!

xoxo
GMTA??
Don't you just love the crackle of a fire? Yes, it was very nice!
I'm with you. I have a love/hate relationship with fall.....LOVE the season but HATE what follows it! I'm not one of those persons that get the winter blues, but I just don't like the cold! But I don't like the heat, either, LOL! I need to live in a tropical place, I guess! And then I wouldn't like the rain!
The headache for Mark has eased up. Mine is hanging on! Such is life for us!
I looked at the link to Weis you gave! Very impressive lesson plans! Love reading your info on the staff page!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning everyone - the cold? Turns out it's Covid. Ugh. Woke up with a high fever in the night, took some cough and cold and ibuprofen, and then took a covid test when I woke up. Positive. Not happy.

For the suit, we went to Mens Wearhouse and got Mark a nice suit, belt, and white shirt. He should be good to go. We were in and out in less than an hour. The salesman was good and we knew what we wanted to it wasn't overly traumatic.

@BoatLady we miss you! Can't wait to see more of your travel layouts. You must be about home?
@faerywings the first winter Mark and I were here, about the time the leaves were all of the trees and it was grey, cold and drizzly, Mark and I looked at each other and said "4 more months of THIS??? What have we done!!" :shakingsense:

Heading back to bed for a while - the only good thing about covid is I'll be home for a few days and might get some scrapping done! And certainly some extra chatting!
Oh, Amy! So sorry to hear you have COVID! When I get it, I have a horrendous headache for several days! I hope you don't have that!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning Ladies!
Quick in and out for me. Getting ready to leave to get Ilene and head to Save-a-Buck. Haven't been in a couple of weeks and our granola/cereal bars are about gone! That's about all I'm going to do away from the house, however. I spent the morning/afternoon with Ilene yesterday. Headed home early to check on Mark who was home with a sick headache. He was feeling better by the time I got home. I have a BOGO FREE coupon for Ruby Tuesday that expired yesterday, but he wasn't up to going. Boy! I hate wasting a good coupon like that! Oh well, another day!
I got my June monthly reviews done yesterday. I had so many good pictures that I had to do 2 sets! Today I will start working on July when I get back.
OK, I need to get dressed so I can get out of here.
HAGD!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning all.... WOW... starting a slow cool down here. Only 92*F today and into the high 80's over the next few days... Hope that means the cool down will continue into Sept! I am more than ready for fall weather to arrive.

Today will be a change of pace for me. Just spent over an hour looking for decorative frames in my stash. Decided to set up a Frames folder and copy ones that I might be able to use for some of the wedding photos. I need several different sizes for some of DD#3's photos as I need to crop a few of the photos to remove distracting elements. So will be measuring frames and openings in them. Will print them out on white cardstock and then cut them out. Yeah... that is a lot of work... but is a labor of love.

It looks like the treatment for the curled photos is working so I am going to start treating some of the curled photos today. There was no damage to the 'experimental ones' I did which was a real relief. Will work on DD#2's as they are smaller than DS#2 photos which has more curl to them. By the time I get to working on his photos, I should had it down pat.... :floorlaugh:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O

GAH!

Can I join you in all your different feelings, Chris?? Yes... those are about right with all that is going on with the wedding plans and the plans for the training at Weis!! I am feeling a bit scattered myself once I realized all that needs to be done on the wedding albums and the time it will take to finish them!! Oh... did I mention that I forgot about granddaughter's wedding photos??? Thank heavens DD#1's (her mom) photos and granddaughter's photo are not curled so they should go faster. :dancing6: :spinningchair:dance4

And, Chris... you can yell at me as loud as you want... I have a mini-Momma Chris in my brain yelling at me when I am over-doing things. I find myself mummering "yes, Chris... I know I shouldn't be doing...." and then I do take a break. :floorlaugh:

Amy, I am so sorry to hear it is Covid... Sending you lots of healing vibes and get well wishes.
Good Morning Ladies!
Quick in and out for me. Getting ready to leave to get Ilene and head to Save-a-Buck. Haven't been in a couple of weeks and our granola/cereal bars are about gone! That's about all I'm going to do away from the house, however. I spent the morning/afternoon with Ilene yesterday. Headed home early to check on Mark who was home with a sick headache. He was feeling better by the time I got home. I have a BOGO FREE coupon for Ruby Tuesday that expired yesterday, but he wasn't up to going. Boy! I hate wasting a good coupon like that! Oh well, another day!
I got my June monthly reviews done yesterday. I had so many good pictures that I had to do 2 sets! Today I will start working on July when I get back.
OK, I need to get dressed so I can get out of here.
HAGD!
So sorry that Mark was feeling bad. What a shame you missed out on the BOGO FREE coupon. Wow.. 2 sets of photos used... great going, gal.

Time to close the house up then get my :showering:and get dressed. HAGD

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning O-zies!! Sorry I am not able to catch up with everyone again today :sad2: I am expecting some company this morning and I need to quickly shower and get dressed before they arrive. DH has his flex day off tomorrow so I am not sure if I will be checking in here again. He always has so many plans for his days off, will I get a break tomorrow :hahano:. SIL Linda and I are taking MIL out for her birthday lunch and so I will take most of my time in the afternoon to get her gift finished off. Ok hopefully I can pop in here later tomorrow. I just wanted to say good morning and hope you all have a wonderful day! :waving3:

AK_Tracy

Good Morning Lovelies!
I am running out the door to work, yep extra days this week. Need to move. Was having a lovely cup of coffee listening to my friends tell me about their days and poof the time is gone. I want to comment on all of it but running fast!!

Totally Normal! And like it was said above, once it starts you will have a wonderful time and all worry will be out the window. Its "our babies" and so of course we worry/stress/happy as we want it perfect. :heartpumppink:
You will be amazing! So excited for you!
Sun sets at 9:35 now.

Sorry to be short, off and running.See you all this evening.

Terri M

It's always so much harder to make the time adjustment when coming east from Seattle. Yesterday was my first day home and I was just logy all day. It probably didn't help that I was up til midnight the night before watching the convention; I should have just gone to bed when I got home from the airport.

We actually wore our jackets when biking this morning. Weather forecast is calling for 90s again next week, so I'm just enjoying the cool weather while we've got it. It's delightful to have the windows open and fresh air in the house after 2 or 3 months of air conditioning.

The local paper wants to do an article about our damaged bridges on the trail. Most of them have been dragged back into place so the trail is usable :woohoo:but the ramps all need re-building and the concrete foundations need to be replaced. :crying1: So anyway, I need to prepare myself to act like a grown-up and say sensible things instead of raging against the storm.

@faerywings It will all work out -- the day of the wedding will fly by and you'll wonder how it can all be over already.

@mimes1 So sorry about the covid; good luck for a quick recovery and mild symptoms.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning all.... WOW... starting a slow cool down here. Only 92*F today and into the high 80's over the next few days... Hope that means the cool down will continue into Sept! I am more than ready for fall weather to arrive.

Today will be a change of pace for me. Just spent over an hour looking for decorative frames in my stash. Decided to set up a Frames folder and copy ones that I might be able to use for some of the wedding photos. I need several different sizes for some of DD#3's photos as I need to crop a few of the photos to remove distracting elements. So will be measuring frames and openings in them. Will print them out on white cardstock and then cut them out. Yeah... that is a lot of work... but is a labor of love.

It looks like the treatment for the curled photos is working so I am going to start treating some of the curled photos today. There was no damage to the 'experimental ones' I did which was a real relief. Will work on DD#2's as they are smaller than DS#2 photos which has more curl to them. By the time I get to working on his photos, I should had it down pat.... :floorlaugh:
A labor of love really isn't labor at all! Your family is going to love the albums!