Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, August 18

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Please send #coffee
I need sanity today and since that ain't gonna happen, coffee is the next best thing! LOL

It isn't anything major in "life" terms but it is major in PITB terms. ACDsee is crashing on me again. I have such a love/hate relationship with that program. Can't scrap without it, but can't scrap with it when it crashes non-stop. I had a really good run, at least a year this time.
(OMG, I looked at my email to their Support when this happened last year-- August 13, 2021-- does this software have a 1-year expiration date or something??? )
Right in the middle of using yesterday, it shuts itself down with no warning. I found my emails with ideas on how to fix the database and went through all of those steps. But there is no rhyme or reason to what stays tagged or not so the next step is to re-catalog everything. That catch is you can only do a few folders at a time or it will crash in the middle of that. I hate it. I have tried other organizers and none of them work the way I need/like so ACDSee is it. But man oh man, it is frustrating to keep going through this.

I had some good things happen yesterday, so I can share that too. The weather was cool enough to put the oven on and I made banana bread. First time in a long time. I baked muffins so the oven didn't have to be on toooo long. So yummy. I hate to toot my own horn but I really make the best banana bread hahaha! Sam had to stop by here before she met up with Scott to head to Ohio so I sent a bag of them so they can snack in the car today. They got an Air BNB halfway to OH which was really smart. Scott had to work until 9 pm and they left from there. Driving another 8 hours would not have been a good idea.
(I *know* that you all find this utterly riveting!! )

I am cleaning this morning (not the weapons house) and then probably fighting with ACDsee in the afternoon. Wish me luck on that!

PS: No word from Gary's endo yesterday but he thinks the office is closed on Wed.

xoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord I saw the post on FB of Syd in the pool with the pups. My heart is breaking for you, it is so hard knowing that this is the way life is supposed to go and that these are positive steps for Syd. But darn it, why does it have to be hard on the moms?? My friend across the street came home yesterday after spending a week in FL with her DD. Her DD is the one that Caitlyn grew up with. She moved to FL 2 years ago. I can only imagine that my friend cried the entire flight home. I know I would have.
I am sending you more and more hugs, you have done/are doing an incredible job as a mama- she is going to do great!
Between the trip to Iowa and Smoky Mts-- keep that paper chain going xoxo

@tanteva I hear ya, the weather needs to smooth itself out a bit. Glad that you were home safe and sound when it was raining that hard!
There is a Twitter acct I follow-- "animals going goblin" or something like that-- you would crack up - it is all animals videos of them being totally obnoxious- like the one you shared of that cat! LOL!

@BrightEyes glad you are feeling a little better. That makes sense that it could thyroid issues - the coldness and fatigue sure sound like that. I am sorry that you won't be able to visit with your DDs but that is a smart move. Will you be able to see them any time soon after your appt?

@taxed4ever OMG!!!! That is so wacky that DH shaved his mustache after that long! (My Gary shaved his head when he had bad Lyme Brain and we told him to never EVER do that again LOL) He does look so much younger! How is he feeling illness-wise today? Less coughing? And you-- so far so good I hope?? *knocks wood*

@Betty Jo hope that the vertigo is gone by now

@Kythe to you too--hope you are having a wonderful day!

@Cherylndesigns You are a lean, mean walking machine WTG on getting in 2 walks a day!

@pachimac Sounds like you and DD had a wonderful day, what movie did you watch?

@LSlycord Awwwwww-- Shaun is going to miss his sister so much :( Hope he enjoyed his cheesecake. Thinking of you all today and hoping that the car/unpacking goes well!
That's funny about the Noel Competetive Gene! Nature *AND* Nurture play such strong roles in human development, don't they?
My fam is competitive in a non-competitive way. Or maybe we are non-competitive in a competitive way...
We don't seem to care who *actually* wins and we make up our own rules or ignore rules (change rules mid-game sometimes). But when we are playing, it is all no holding back chaos!!
Thankfully we don't play contact sports *or* musical chairs ROTFLMAO!!!

Love to you all!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
@faerywings We watched "Free Guy". I thought it was gonna be a chick flick, but she pulled that one out. My daughter doesn't share my love of romantic Hallmark movies...

<clutch my pearls>
CR8I.gif

I'm going to try again tonight - hubby is overnighting at work. I'm not doing pizza again. I'm still paying for it today. LOL

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Back to waking up before sunrise.... ugh!!! But it meant I had time to push the trash bin out to the curb for pickup this morning. Meant to put it out last evening but just too tired to mess with it. They are talking about the whole state being under flood warnings starting tomorrow through the whole weekend... and maybe into next week, too. Need to get a couple of bills into the Post Office today before the rains start.

@pachimac I was LOL over your love of guacamole.... I am a guac lover, too. In fact, I picked up 3 ($1) bags of ripe avocados from the 'sale' bin - 18 of them!!! I made a huge bowl of guacamole yesterday then put them into small tubs and stuck all but one in the freezer. I really enjoyed having guac on the cheese Quesadilla I made for supper last night. Will have some as a dip today. Oh, so yummy!!

@faerywings so sorry you are having problems with the ACDSee program... it is the pits when that happens. I remember when you had problems with it last year, too. Oh, banana bread!!! Glad it was cool enough for you make some. I have several frozen bananas that I am saving until it cools off enough to make banana bread/muffins. As for my getting together with the DDs later - DD#1 is in Az so won't be seeing her anytime soon. DD#3 lives in the same town so will see her once all the family members are well and she is back from her trip to see DD#1.

@taxed4ever Hope your DH recovers from Covid quickly. Had to LOL over him shaving his mustache off and looking so different! My DH had to shave his off several times - mainly when he was flying as air crew so his oxygen mask would fit tightly. It was always a shock to see him without it.

@Betty Jo hope your vertigo goes away soon. I have bouts of it at times and it is the PITS! <<< hugs >>>

@LSlycord You are such a good mom... and you will adjust to her being away at college. Had to LOL over what you are going through to deliver the stuff to the dorm. Can't wait to see the photos.

The #coffeeis empty and I really need another cup. And I need to start the laundry so I have some clean undies. CYL

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Woke up this morning & it felt like I was sick. I was going to meet my friends for lunch today, and did NOT want to miss this. Checked to see if I had a fever and it said 35,9 C (which is 96,62 F). Urban says I'm either Slytherin or a vampire. I say vampire! No way I'm Slytherin!
sub-buzz-444-1586393668-1.jpg
I did go for lunch with the girls, but gee, I've been cold all day.

It's gotta be I need more chocolate, right???!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I never got back in here yesterday to do personals. I haven't missed for a long time. Life got busy yesterday - the girls were both here and we had a nice visit. Chris @faerywings I'm upping my workouts to twice a day. Hopefully, I'll make it three times eventually. I missed my long walks so much and was so happy to get the treadmill. Especially with how hot it's been this summer. When it's not miserably hot, it rains. I used to walk religiously at least once a day but since we moved up the hill, the walking's pretty rough. I still did it until I broke my shoulder.

Be careful cleaning the house with the weapons today. LOL Your banana mussins sound good - I can't eat bananas anymore, but I used to love banana bread and muffins.

Linda @LSlycord thinking of you today. It's not easy to let them grow up. I missed the picture on FB - I'll have to go back and look for it.

Kay @BrightEyes I hope you don't get the flooding that's predicted. Be safe, if it comes.

I'm going to go and see what I need to do - I know I have a prerelease that needs to be posted. Have a good Thursday,

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Hi Ladies I am very late in getting in here today! It was a busy morning of face time chats with everyone and then making brunch. Coffee on the upper deck and then DH and I did another Covid test. He is still positive and I am still negative. It is going to be a very hot afternoon so we will be sticking to the inside of the house for the remainder of the day. DH is feeling so much better and actually had enough energy to get the back lawn cut. I trimmed the rose bushes and did a bit of weeding, then some major watering. Everything is very, very dry! Now DH is busy trying to fix our big umbrella seems the metal cording must have broken or slipped off and now we can't get it to open up. Not a good day to be without our umbrella!! Things don't last forever, so we might be on the hunt for a new one. This one is about 20 something years old!! It sure doesn't owe us anything! Might have to put in another online grocery order later today or tomorrow, seems like I will not be going anywhere for a while yet. DH was pretty disappointed that he still tested positive, but hopefully the next test will be negative for him. He must be feeling a lot better as he offered to cook burgers for our supper tonight! That made me very happy!! Not much else happening today, I was going to go for a walk to get the mail, but dang, its hot out there!! So I will get my layout posted today and try to work on another one.

@faerywings - Hope that your cleaning job goes well today! Glad you will not have to dodge weapons while doing it! Yummm I love banana bread/muffins, but sadly my stomach won't allow me to eat that anymore :(. My DH used to tell me that I made the best Banana muffins too, even better than his Mother's so that was always good to hear LOL. nice that you packed some up for Scott and Sam to have on their trip! Yes stopping at the Air B&B was a great plan and compared to what has been happening around here today, that is a riveting story! LOL.

@pachimac - Hope you get to see your chick flick today! I love them too and had to laugh at your GIF!!

@tanteva - Yup my vote is for Vampire LOL. Having more chocolate is always a good thing so I say go ahead and see if it works!

@BrightEyes - Yikes sounds like you are in for some major wet weather! Glad you got your trash bins out in time. We are not allowed to put ours out the night before, too many raccoons and bears to worry about.

@Cherylndesigns - How nice that you had a busy day with the girls!! You are so lucky to be able to spend time with them! Please say thanks to Ava for me!! Glad to hear that you are doing so well with the treadmill walking, I totally can relate today as there is no way I am going out there walking in the heat that we are having today.

@LSlycord - sending you lots of hugs to day and thinking of you on your drive home later! Hope the tears don't flow to hard, it does get better, just not right away and you will be so very proud of your wonderful daughter!

Ok I have some puttering around to do and then I think I will have an Ice Coffee. I have been saving the leftover coffee from the past few days. I just love Ice Coffee on a really warm day!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Hi Ladies I am very late in getting in here today! It was a busy morning of face time chats with everyone and then making brunch. Coffee on the upper deck and then DH and I did another Covid test. He is still positive and I am still negative. It is going to be a very hot afternoon so we will be sticking to the inside of the house for the remainder of the day. DH is feeling so much better and actually had enough energy to get the back lawn cut. I trimmed the rose bushes and did a bit of weeding, then some major watering. Everything is very, very dry! Now DH is busy trying to fix our big umbrella seems the metal cording must have broken or slipped off and now we can't get it to open up. Not a good day to be without our umbrella!! Things don't last forever, so we might be on the hunt for a new one. This one is about 20 something years old!! It sure doesn't owe us anything! Might have to put in another online grocery order later today or tomorrow, seems like I will not be going anywhere for a while yet. DH was pretty disappointed that he still tested positive, but hopefully the next test will be negative for him. He must be feeling a lot better as he offered to cook burgers for our supper tonight! That made me very happy!! Not much else happening today, I was going to go for a walk to get the mail, but dang, its hot out there!! So I will get my layout posted today and try to work on another one.

@faerywings - Hope that your cleaning job goes well today! Glad you will not have to dodge weapons while doing it! Yummm I love banana bread/muffins, but sadly my stomach won't allow me to eat that anymore :(. My DH used to tell me that I made the best Banana muffins too, even better than his Mother's so that was always good to hear LOL. nice that you packed some up for Scott and Sam to have on their trip! Yes stopping at the Air B&B was a great plan and compared to what has been happening around here today, that is a riveting story! LOL.

@pachimac - Hope you get to see your chick flick today! I love them too and had to laugh at your GIF!!

@tanteva - Yup my vote is for Vampire LOL. Having more chocolate is always a good thing so I say go ahead and see if it works!

@BrightEyes - Yikes sounds like you are in for some major wet weather! Glad you got your trash bins out in time. We are not allowed to put ours out the night before, too many raccoons and bears to worry about.

@Cherylndesigns - How nice that you had a busy day with the girls!! You are so lucky to be able to spend time with them! Please say thanks to Ava for me!! Glad to hear that you are doing so well with the treadmill walking, I totally can relate today as there is no way I am going out there walking in the heat that we are having today.

@LSlycord - sending you lots of hugs to day and thinking of you on your drive home later! Hope the tears don't flow to hard, it does get better, just not right away and you will be so very proud of your wonderful daughter!

Ok I have some puttering around to do and then I think I will have an Ice Coffee. I have been saving the leftover coffee from the past few days. I just love Ice Coffee on a really warm day!
Great that you don't have covid, Trudy, but your Gary does. Is he feeling any better at all? You said he was pretty sick. You got a good amount of work done today - good for you. I'm so glad Ava and you could connect - she said yesterday that she was going to get ahold of you. It is nice to be able to see the girls. Adrienne came down on her break, but I haven't seen Ava yet today. We've chatted a couple of times. I felt bad because I used a picture of her and her (now) ex-boyfriend, and it had already been picked up by the designer. They broke up yesterday. OOPS. She's such a sweetheart - I told her what happened and that it had to go on FB. She told me that it was perfectly ok - and not to worry about it. I know he'll see it, so I feel bad about that. Yes, I walked twice on my treadmill yesterday, but haven't made it on there yet today. I can get it up to a pretty fast pace, so I don't have to walk for a super long time. It really gets my heart rate up, so I think it's working, and my calves are getting harder already.

Chris @faerywings I meant to ask you the name of that other game that you said my crazy family would like. I was telling Adrienne and I couldn't remember the name. I told her I'd ask you again.

There's NEVER a dull moment around here. I heard a dog barking behind the house (our dog was in here) I looked out and it was one of Ava's Labs. I went to the front door and here came the other one. They were running at me, so i backed up against the front door so they wouldn't knock me over. They came to visit Cici and Papa. They were super thirsty and wet - they had probably been in the pond. I called Ava and told her they had come to visit. Then they ran into see Chuck because he always has dog treats in his pocket. They're about 65 pounds now and pretty wild for a few minutes but they calm down eventually. They were in Ava's backyard and decided to come visiting. Her house is about a quarter of a mile from us, so they got in a good run. She just came and picked her little run aways up. Had to tell you girls because you know all about the shenanigans on the ranch.

LSlycord

Well, we got home around 5:30 and I took a short nap. Then Syd texted with pictures of how her room finally looked.
It was a fiasco today. Syd‘s dorm with 13 floors only had one of their two elevators working. Which backed up everything. But we made it through. We had a good lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Syd took home leftovers for her supper. We dropped her at her dorm…no tears. I was so proud of myself. Syd doesn’t like tears and she knows I am a crier so she expected them. But I felt so much achievement for her…and for me in not totally losing it with the disaster they called move in. And, besides that, I see her on Saturday.

@faerywings I’m sure that the plane ride home was so hard for your friend. I hope that ACDSee started behaving again. Software issues are crazy irritating!

@BrightEyes I sure hope the flooding isn’t as bad as they predict. I’m glad that you were able to push the trash out this morning but worried that you were too tired to deal with it last night. Glad you see the doctor next week. Hope that they just need to adjust some meds.

@taxed4ever it sounds like DH is feeling better if he was up and doing all of those things! Of course, we knew it would be hard to keep him down.

@tanteva glad that you were able to have lunch with friends.

@Cherylndesigns you are inspiring me with your treadmill. Think mine is coming out this weekend.

@pachimac you need to let us know if you find anything worth watching on TV.

Heading to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Well, we got home around 5:30 and I took a short nap. Then Syd texted with pictures of how her room finally looked.
It was a fiasco today. Syd‘s dorm with 13 floors only had one of their two elevators working. Which backed up everything. But we made it through. We had a good lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. Syd took home leftovers for her supper. We dropped her at her dorm…no tears. I was so proud of myself. Syd doesn’t like tears and she knows I am a crier so she expected them. But I felt so much achievement for her…and for me in not totally losing it with the disaster they called move in. And, besides that, I see her on Saturday.

@faerywings I’m sure that the plane ride home was so hard for your friend. I hope that ACDSee started behaving again. Software issues are crazy irritating!

@BrightEyes I sure hope the flooding isn’t as bad as they predict. I’m glad that you were able to push the trash out this morning but worried that you were too tired to deal with it last night. Glad you see the doctor next week. Hope that they just need to adjust some meds.

@taxed4ever it sounds like DH is feeling better if he was up and doing all of those things! Of course, we knew it would be hard to keep him down.

@tanteva glad that you were able to have lunch with friends.

@Cherylndesigns you are inspiring me with your treadmill. Think mine is coming out this weekend.

@pachimac you need to let us know if you find anything worth watching on TV.

Heading to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.
Linda, you must be so proud of yourself. Good job, Mom! Like you said, it's not like you won't see her soon. I'm so happy to hear that you had such a good day and Syd will have leftover Cheesecake Factory for this evening. Get that treadmill out, girl - I love being able to walk in the AC - rain or shine. No excuses now. Hahaha