Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, August 11

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
I love that little kiddo!!! He's so cute!!

Today is my sister's birthday - 65. How did that happen so quickly?? We are all still 30, right??

pachimac

CHEERY O
You speak for yourself, lady! I'm only 28. LOL
ha ha! I'm 58 and still feel like I'm in my 20's except when I wake up in the morning and everything creaks and I gotta get my glasses and my meds to start the day! LOL

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Just a quick in and out today. We are heading to our trailer in WA which we have sold so need to go transfer the papers and pay final strata fees at the ranch, then we are free and clear of it. The end of an era, no more trips to Black Mountain. We'll be on the road for about 9 hrs today driving, we'll be tired by the time we get home tonight. I'm going to pop into Trader Joes to stock up on a few things since I won't be back to the US for probably another year or two. I will miss that store.

@faerywings Hope you are having a fun relaxing time with your mom.

Gotta get ready, we are on the road in 20 minutes. BFN

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
@tanteva Yay! How fun!! #clapYour pasta looks good. No problem about you not liking barbecue, Brand New Vegan has a lot of other awesome recipes on his site. I'm a US southern gal, so grew up on barbecue.

@pachimac Hi, Susie. Ohhhh to be 58 again!! :)

@Cherylndesigns Yep! Lots of fun here. So glad I took the time to start posting in this thread again. I missed it.

@bcgal00 Whoa! Wait. You're not coming back to the US for a couple of years!! I must have missed something when I invited myself along. I thought you were just going on a cruise. o_O

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Just a quick in and out today. We are heading to our trailer in WA which we have sold so need to go transfer the papers and pay final strata fees at the ranch, then we are free and clear of it. The end of an era, no more trips to Black Mountain. We'll be on the road for about 9 hrs today driving, we'll be tired by the time we get home tonight. I'm going to pop into Trader Joes to stock up on a few things since I won't be back to the US for probably another year or two. I will miss that store.

Have a wonderful trip!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@tanteva Yay! How fun!! #clapYour pasta looks good. No problem about you not liking barbecue, Brand New Vegan has a lot of other awesome recipes on his site. I'm a US southern gal, so grew up on barbecue.

@pachimac Hi, Susie. Ohhhh to be 58 again!! :)

@Cherylndesigns Yep! Lots of fun here. So glad I took the time to start posting in this thread again. I missed it.

@bcgal00 Whoa! Wait. You're not coming back to the US for a couple of years!! I must have missed something when I invited myself along. I thought you were just going on a cruise. o_O
Glad you did too, Betty Jo!

scrap-genie

I have to jump in while Chris is away in hopes of adding to the mayhem! Just don't leave anything for the rest of us to trip over let alone fall on her.
@bcgal00 even though I knew what you meant about not being in the US for a couple years it did take me a minute to realized you weren't including the cruise to Alaska as being in the US.

And Eva, @tanteva thanks for the cute start to the day, but yuck to your spaghetti photo!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Oh... yes... the PARTY has started! We do have to have a bit of mess so Chris knows she is missed by us all. #devil

I was raised on southern and Mexican food... so anything with barbeque or chili is always welcome! Mesquite flavored BBQ is the best in the world and I can't live without have a jug or 2 or 3 in the pantry! Not a seaweed fan so haven't (and won't try that recipe) but that got the mouth to wanting BBQ beef sandwich for supper tonight. And yes, the green chili chicken enchiladas on Tuesday were fabulous.

Sorry I was missing for a couple of days. Since I had so much going on Tuesday and Wednesday, I decided to take a break from posting - except for checking on the challenge I am hosting.

Tuesday was so much fun at lunch here with the Red Hat gals. We were so excited to welcome back a gal to the group. Had lots of good food and so much to talk about. We ended up chatting until 3:30 PM. Really lifted my spirits to have them here. Yesterday I had a mammo then stopped over at the Senior center and came home with a few books. And made a stop at the local library and checked out 2 books there. Already read 1 and halfway through the 2nd... so will be taking them back soon. They are 'new fiction' ones so like to return them ASAP. Someone had mentioned a movie that reminded me of "Brian's Song" so I checked at the library DVD collection but they didn't have it. I checked my VHS recordings and I had it. So I pulled it out and watched it last evening. It is the story about Brian Picolo and Gale Sayers (both on the Chicago Bears football team back in the 1960's) friendship and Brian's death from cancer at age 27. So sad to hear about Oliva Newton John's death.... I had just watched Grease a couple of weeks ago... and loved the songs in it. Maybe you have to be of a 'certain' age so the nostalgia of that time makes it a fun one to watch.

BRB.....

I'm back... had not received the call that the Pest guy would be here this morning so here I am in my nightgown/housecoat when he arrived! Oh, well... it is not the 1st time he has come and I was still in PJs. He has been our pest guy since we moved in 11 years ago. Only need the outside of the house/yard sprayed most of the time so no big deal to have him do his job.

Called the base pharmacy yesterday and got them working on the Rx for my meds... I can pick them up after 2PM this Friday. Think I will wait and go on Monday - do the grocery/commissary/exchange early in the morning so I don't have to deal with the getting off work/weekend traffic is I go on Friday.

Time to get off the computer and get dressed. ;)

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
@Betty Jo About BBQ flavour. It's a bit smoky, in my mouth it tastes like burnt ketchup. And to add it to the "meaty part" of the meal seems strange. You know me: ketchup goes on pasta. LOL

(Need to get that point across as many times as possible.)

@BrightEyes I love the music in Grease! Did you see the layout I made today?

Would have worked fine on last month's lyric challenge.

And finally for @faerywings

nedladdning.jpeg

pachimac

CHEERY O

We will miss you!!! Have a great and safe trip!

pachimac

CHEERY O
ha ha 58 was more than a decade ago for me! I don't feel a day over 70.....;)#kiss3
Lol - I get it. I have a 19 year old so my parenting peers are all younger than I am. I am the old lady of the bunch.

LSlycord

ROFL#crazy. This is just what I needed today...work was a bear, but I'm feeling happier already. Way to kick it off @tanteva! Where to begin...

I guess I'll begin with the ketchup on the spaghetti...didn't @faerywings tell you "NO" @tanteva? And, by the way, did you ever get your boss to tell you what was going on with your job?

@bcgal00 sounds like a lot of driving but a TJ stop will make that at least somewhat worthwhile. And then, a cruise...oh my goodness, you ladies are keeping me going with all of your trips. I'm definitely not too proud to live vicariously through all of you.

@pachimac so good to have you in here. This really is the place where all of the fun happens. When I'm not able to check in with everyone, my whole day is out of sorts. Can't wait to get to know you better. And I have an 18 year old and a 19 year old and I turn 65 in October...so all of my friends were much younger...kind of tricked me into thinking I was younger. Anyway, when you hear me whining about Sydney leaving for college next week, that's the 18 year old. Her brother, the 19 year old is staying home for college...he likes the price of the room and board. LOL

@Cherylndesigns I cut off some jeans when we first moved here for jean shorts. Well, those shorts are now gone...no idea where they went...how does that happen? Anyway...I've got way too many jeans because I only need them if I go back to Iowa in the fall or winter...so I'm going to make some distressed jean shorts. This weekend's goal!

@Betty Jo I'm so glad that you are making it a point to stop in here as well. We have lived in Austin, TX and Kansas City, MO so we got pretty fond of barbecue in both of those places. We have barbecue here but haven't found a great one. However, someone was telling me about a place the other day...it's on my list now!

@scrap-genie good to see you here this morning...just to add a wee bit more chaos for Chris when she returns.

@BrightEyes I LOVE Brian's Song! It still makes me cry every single time. Gayle Sayers was one of my very first "favorite" football players. Living in the Midwest, when TV was black and white, and there was no cable...we usually got Chicago Bears, Kansas City Chiefs or Minnesota Vikings. My dad loved sports...and I was my daddy's girl...so the Bears and Gayle were an early favorite for me. And that movie...I need to find it again and watch it.

@

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
ROFL#crazy. This is just what I needed today...work was a bear, but I'm feeling happier already. Way to kick it off @tanteva! Where to begin...

I guess I'll begin with the ketchup on the spaghetti...didn't @faerywings tell you "NO" @tanteva? And, by the way, did you ever get your boss to tell you what was going on with your job?

@bcgal00 sounds like a lot of driving but a TJ stop will make that at least somewhat worthwhile. And then, a cruise...oh my goodness, you ladies are keeping me going with all of your trips. I'm definitely not too proud to live vicariously through all of you.

@pachimac so good to have you in here. This really is the place where all of the fun happens. When I'm not able to check in with everyone, my whole day is out of sorts. Can't wait to get to know you better. And I have an 18 year old and a 19 year old and I turn 65 in October...so all of my friends were much younger...kind of tricked me into thinking I was younger. Anyway, when you hear me whining about Sydney leaving for college next week, that's the 18 year old. Her brother, the 19 year old is staying home for college...he likes the price of the room and board. LOL

@Cherylndesigns I cut off some jeans when we first moved here for jean shorts. Well, those shorts are now gone...no idea where they went...how does that happen? Anyway...I've got way too many jeans because I only need them if I go back to Iowa in the fall or winter...so I'm going to make some distressed jean shorts. This weekend's goal!

@Betty Jo I'm so glad that you are making it a point to stop in here as well. We have lived in Austin, TX and Kansas City, MO so we got pretty fond of barbecue in both of those places. We have barbecue here but haven't found a great one. However, someone was telling me about a place the other day...it's on my list now!

@scrap-genie good to see you here this morning...just to add a wee bit more chaos for Chris when she returns.

@BrightEyes I LOVE Brian's Song! It still makes me cry every single time. Gayle Sayers was one of my very first "favorite" football players. Living in the Midwest, when TV was black and white, and there was no cable...we usually got Chicago Bears, Kansas City Chiefs or Minnesota Vikings. My dad loved sports...and I was my daddy's girl...so the Bears and Gayle were an early favorite for me. And that movie...I need to find it again and watch it.

@
LOL Linda - "where to begin"??? I'm starting at the bottom and working my way up. I"m LOLing about you going to do "surgery" on some of your jeans. It's SO much fun and now I'm going to distress an old, too big, jean jacket. I'm just itching to do it. SO glad I could inspire you. I'm here to help. LOL We'll want pictures.

The girls and I just got home from one of our impromptu shopping trips. I was so bad today. Adrienne found the CUTESDT heavy flannel jacket for me and it was perfect! I HAD to get it. I also found a cute 8 strand bracelet - all natural stones with a magnetic clasp! I have so much trouble getting bracelets on. I put it right on and never asked how much it was. Big mistake - it was 42 dollars!! Of course, I couldn't wimp out and now get it. I also found another pair of distressed jean shorts ON SALE so I had to get them. They're just like my other newish pair, but I could sleep in them they're so cozy.
@Betty Jo About BBQ flavour. It's a bit smoky, in my mouth it tastes like burnt ketchup. And to add it to the "meaty part" of the meal seems strange. You know me: ketchup goes on pasta. LOL

(Need to get that point across as many times as possible.)

@BrightEyes I love the music in Grease! Did you see the layout I made today?

Would have worked fine on last month's lyric challenge.

And finally for @faerywings

View attachment 377621
YESSSSSSS!!!! THAT!!! ROTFLMAO

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Oh... yes... the PARTY has started! We do have to have a bit of mess so Chris knows she is missed by us all. #devil

I was raised on southern and Mexican food... so anything with barbeque or chili is always welcome! Mesquite flavored BBQ is the best in the world and I can't live without have a jug or 2 or 3 in the pantry! Not a seaweed fan so haven't (and won't try that recipe) but that got the mouth to wanting BBQ beef sandwich for supper tonight. And yes, the green chili chicken enchiladas on Tuesday were fabulous.

Sorry I was missing for a couple of days. Since I had so much going on Tuesday and Wednesday, I decided to take a break from posting - except for checking on the challenge I am hosting.

Tuesday was so much fun at lunch here with the Red Hat gals. We were so excited to welcome back a gal to the group. Had lots of good food and so much to talk about. We ended up chatting until 3:30 PM. Really lifted my spirits to have them here. Yesterday I had a mammo then stopped over at the Senior center and came home with a few books. And made a stop at the local library and checked out 2 books there. Already read 1 and halfway through the 2nd... so will be taking them back soon. They are 'new fiction' ones so like to return them ASAP. Someone had mentioned a movie that reminded me of "Brian's Song" so I checked at the library DVD collection but they didn't have it. I checked my VHS recordings and I had it. So I pulled it out and watched it last evening. It is the story about Brian Picolo and Gale Sayers (both on the Chicago Bears football team back in the 1960's) friendship and Brian's death from cancer at age 27. So sad to hear about Oliva Newton John's death.... I had just watched Grease a couple of weeks ago... and loved the songs in it. Maybe you have to be of a 'certain' age so the nostalgia of that time makes it a fun one to watch.

BRB.....

I'm back... had not received the call that the Pest guy would be here this morning so here I am in my nightgown/housecoat when he arrived! Oh, well... it is not the 1st time he has come and I was still in PJs. He has been our pest guy since we moved in 11 years ago. Only need the outside of the house/yard sprayed most of the time so no big deal to have him do his job.

Called the base pharmacy yesterday and got them working on the Rx for my meds... I can pick them up after 2PM this Friday. Think I will wait and go on Monday - do the grocery/commissary/exchange early in the morning so I don't have to deal with the getting off work/weekend traffic is I go on Friday.

Time to get off the computer and get dressed. ;)
Glad your Red Hat get together went so well, Kay!! It's always good to see old friends. You got it right - if we don't cut up, Chris will think we didn't miss her. BWAHAHA She'll also expect all of this hilarity.

Sorry the pest guy didn't show up. Hard to get things done, isn't it? We've been trying to get a handyman for several days - he kept postponing and finally made it out. We gave him our list and he's supposed to price it out and get back with us. Who knows when that will be. Roger also wants to use him, so he's going to miss out on some money if he lets us all slide. Your enchiladas sound yummy - glad they were.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I celebrated my 27th birthday 20 years in a row, then I thought it was about time to turn 28.