Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, August 1

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
20090548.png

Good morning, my lOves!

How is everyone today, did you flip your calendars yet? I feel like I flipped mine to July two seconds ago but nope, it was a full month. As of this moment, I have a quiet month, not much of anything going on. I'm guessing that will change but for now, it's calm- Calm before the September storm Hahah!
I'm glad that I got in touch with DSW about my shoes. Apparently, they are lost. Into the ether with all the other lost packages. I'm supposed to be getting another pair in 4-7 business days, so keep your fingers crossed that they don't disappear as well. I was good and made the appt with the cardiologist-- after the wedding. :D

Work should be interesting today. It's a pool day and I am semi-stressing about it. I asked the other girls what they wore and got a bunch of different answers. I decided on a sports bra and a sleeveless top, bathing suit bottoms under baggy, and hopefully quick-drying, shorts. I'm throwing a Staff t-shirt and clean undies in a bag in case I need them at some point. We are doing shelter building and knots today so I am looking forward to learning some new stuff along with the kids.

Love to all of you today! xo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes It sounds like you are having a fantastic visit with your sister. Safe traveling to her when she heads back home today.
Good to hear that your shoulders are healing up too.

Time.......if I could save time in a bottle.......it is so true - the older we get the faster it goes!
When you hear that when you are a kid, you think there is no way that happens. No way at all. Feeling it speed up as I am getting older, sheesh-- it is disorienting.
Whew, glad that you know the trick to get the EHD back in line. :spanking:

Good morning Lovely Ladies
The sun is out! The wind is gone! Its going to be a. great day!!!
This makes me happy!
you have a wedding soon and dont want to be hobbling around on ugly shoes.
At the rate I'm going, I'll be lucky to have any shoes :rotfl:
I think I have to stay home. My body is killing me this morning. Hips, shoulders, knees are all screaming and I've only been out of bed half hour so far. So going to slowly do dishes and laundry and sit on my butt the rest of the time. DD invited me to music in the park so I have to rest up for later tonight.
*gentle hugs* I hope that you were able to take it easy yesterday and go the park with DD.

@Cherylndesigns Does stress make your restless legs worse? I hope the Dr is able to get you on a good dose so you can sleep.

:grouphugyay:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good August 1st Morning to Everyone!
WOW! This year is just FLYING by!
Our internet was out most of yesterday for whatever reason and I woke up with a start this morning realizing I needed to get my August White Space Challenge layout posted to the gallery! YIKES! I hate waking up like that! Thankfully, the internet seems to be alive and well this morning! There was a report that 2 of Spectrum's major NC lines had been cut! How in the world does that happen?!
Heading to get Ilene in about an hour as we head over to my daughter's house and then to Save-a-buck, then to get food, then back to Lizzy's house to play games. Yes, all of my kids like to play games as they grew up with us all playing games together. Such fond memories of child #2 beating the crap out of all of us in Monopoly! He's also the richest of all of us now, go figure! :giggle4:
Hope to see you all in my challenge this month!
Have a great day!

Calm before the September storm
I think your September storm is going to roll in and out without much turbulence!
I'm glad that I got in touch with DSW about my shoes
Yes, good thing you called! But you have your tennies to fall back on! ;)
made the appt with the cardiologist-- after the wedding.
Good for you! One less thing to worry about as you psych yourself up for September this month!
It's a pool day
That sounds like fun and trepidation all at the same time! :bowdown:
it is disorienting.
That's part of the old age thing, too! ;)

Terri M

We have the 2 granddaughters in the house, which is apparently no longer mine. What I thought were bedrooms are now Quiet Room, Creativity Room, and Dressing Room. And the Family Room is, mysteriously, Doggie Day Care, despite the total lack of dogs in the house. My poor husband has several times been the subject of Make Over Lab, because his hair will stand up as a Mohawk. Kids are exhausting. I can’t seem to get the right rhythm of feeding, as I forget to offer snacks until they are starving, 45 minutes before a meal is ready.

But we are having fun, swimming, kids museum, shopping for school clothes, getting hair cuts. Just no time for anything else! I glanced over the August challenges this morning and hope I have time to get to them. I had hoped to finish the Disney photo book by August 7 because Blurb has a 40% off sale but that has always been unrealistic.

I’m now being called to bring my origami dog Violet to Day Care, so that's it for now!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Sad to see Sister leave this morning at 7 AM but enjoyed this last week spent with her. I need to get caught up on the news about each of you... but that will take some time. I really need to get August started right - get a handle on what Challenges I am going to be tackling to begin with. I feel about 3 steps behind where I should be when starting a new month. I did get my July challenge (as host) closed out this morning so that wraps up that month. I am sure I will get back in the 'normal' monthly grove in a few days. Tomorrow I have a Dermatologist appt - which will take most of the morning... and have to get gas for the car... it is down to 1/4 tank! Yikes!!! I usually don't let it get down much below a half tank full. This morning is laundering the sheets and towels and remaking the guest room bed.

A couple of days ago, Sister helped me pick some of the plums as the wind was coming up and plums were falling to the ground even though they were not ripe... I have the ones we picked on wire racks on the kitchen island and they are ripening... slowly. 3 of them are ripe so will enjoy them with lunch and supper. DD#3 is coming down this afternoon so will send a bunch home with her. I saw a bunny that had been in the backyard enjoying some of the fallen plums. Need to get out there and pick up the ones on the ground and put them in the trash.

Will try to get back later on today and do some personals. HAGD

AK_Tracy

Good Morning Everyone!
Yesterday was a good day, but hot. Music in the park was fun but too hot. Nothing like sitting in the sun baking while trying to eat a burger and listen to music. I think it was 73* and full sun.

@faerywings Chris glad you called about the shoes!! Hope they are everything that they are suppose to be and arrive quickly. Work sounds fun today. Is it a pool pool or a pool of natural water? Should be fun.

@Terri M I agree 100% kids are exhausting. I think that's why we have them when we are young. Sounds like fun times though.

@vickyday Glad the internet is back up and running so we can see your challenge. Sounds interesting.

@BrightEyes So glad you had fun with your sister. Plums hehe I just invasion them flying around the yard in the wind like tennis balls. What a mess to clean up though.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all,

I slept like a rock last night. Thankfully, no restless legs. I didn't tell you all that Daisy is now sleeping on the couch. It was her choice (that's funny - like she told me she wanted to do that). I thought it was temporary, but it has morphed into our sleeping arrangement. It all started when Adrienne gave me this vibrating pillow and it IS kind of loud. I had it on my bed and was using it on my back and it freaked her out and she hasn't wanted to sleep with me since. She didn't even want to come in my room for a few days. She's a velcro dog from the second I get up, so it's been a nice break for me.

Chris @faerywings sounds like you have the shoe situation straightened out. Yes, things (except from that big store in the sky) have a way of getting lost in a black hole. Glad you called. I guess they can't all be Amazon. :lol23:Good luck with pool day - sounds like you're wearing the right things - at least you don't have to wear a bathing suit. :floorlaugh: That would be a deal breaker for me - I'd have to call in sick. :rotfl:

Yes, I DO think that stress plays into my RLS - now that you mention it. I was hoping that they would magically go away eventually, but no such luck. It's a family curse. I remember my mother walking the halls at night because there was no medication and we didn't even know what it was. We called them "Jimmy Legs". Then, that crazy Kramer on Seinfeld, used to come sliding into Jerry's apartment and announce that he hadn't slept all night because of his "jimmy legs". We thought we invented that name. :rotfl:We still call them that.

Kay @BrightEyes I'm so happy that you and Sister had such a good visit. Those plums sound yummy - I love plums. Do you ever make anything like plum pudding?

Vicky @vickyday have fun today - grocery shopping then games.

Terri @TerriM I was giggling the whole time I read your post. Sounds about right - my gks used to take over our house, too. I'm sure you're having fun.

Tracy @AK_Tracy I used to love Music in the Park. We always took the kids and a picnic.

I have a challenge this month - the August Momma O Challenge - come check it out.

That's all for now. HAGD everybody.
XOXO

Last edited:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! I am late in here as I was up at the crack of dawn and out on the Lake with the Kayaks. It was so beautiful and calm, we had the entire lake to ourselves, not a soul out there. It was getting stinking hot though by the time we did the entire lake and so it was good to get home and hop in the shower. I need to be quick in and out of here as I have lots of coupons to get out today and a few other things to catch up on here at the O! I wanted to pop in and say hey :wavinghello: to all of you and hope that you have a fabulous day!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
We have the 2 granddaughters in the house, which is apparently no longer mine. What I thought were bedrooms are now Quiet Room, Creativity Room, and Dressing Room. And the Family Room is, mysteriously, Doggie Day Care, despite the total lack of dogs in the house. My poor husband has several times been the subject of Make Over Lab, because his hair will stand up as a Mohawk. Kids are exhausting. I can’t seem to get the right rhythm of feeding, as I forget to offer snacks until they are starving, 45 minutes before a meal is ready.

But we are having fun, swimming, kids museum, shopping for school clothes, getting hair cuts. Just no time for anything else! I glanced over the August challenges this morning and hope I have time to get to them. I had hoped to finish the Disney photo book by August 7 because Blurb has a 40% off sale but that has always been unrealistic.

I’m now being called to bring my origami dog Violet to Day Care, so that's it for now!
Yes! They can be exhausting, for sure! But are so much fun! Another one of those.....can't wait to see them come and can't wait to see them go!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning Everyone!
Yesterday was a good day, but hot. Music in the park was fun but too hot. Nothing like sitting in the sun baking while trying to eat a burger and listen to music. I think it was 73* and full sun.

@faerywings Chris glad you called about the shoes!! Hope they are everything that they are suppose to be and arrive quickly. Work sounds fun today. Is it a pool pool or a pool of natural water? Should be fun.

@Terri M I agree 100% kids are exhausting. I think that's why we have them when we are young. Sounds like fun times though.

@vickyday Glad the internet is back up and running so we can see your challenge. Sounds interesting.

@BrightEyes So glad you had fun with your sister. Plums hehe I just invasion them flying around the yard in the wind like tennis balls. What a mess to clean up though.
So jealous of your "just" 73*! It has been scorching hot here again this week!
I hope you join me in my challenge! It's easy peasy!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning all,

I slept like a rock last night. Thankfully, no restless legs. I didn't tell you all that Daisy is now sleeping on the couch. It was her choice (that's funny - like she told me she wanted to do that). I thought it was temporary, but it has morphed into our sleeping arrangement. It all started when Adrienne gave me this vibrating pillow and it IS kind of loud. I had it on my bed and was using it on my back and it freaked her out and she hasn't wanted to sleep with me since. She didn't even want to come in my room for a few days. She's a velcro dog from the second I get up, so it's been a nice break for me.

Chris @faerywings sounds like you have the shoe situation straightened out. Yes, things (except from that big store in the sky) have a way of getting lost in a black hole. Glad you called. I guess they can't all be Amazon. :lol23:Good luck with pool day - sounds like you're wearing the right things - at least you don't have to wear a bathing suit. :floorlaugh: That would be a deal breaker for me - I'd have to call in sick. :rotfl:

Yes, I DO think that stress plays into my RLS - now that you mention it. I was hoping that they would magically go away eventually, but no such luck. It's a family curse. I remember my mother walking the halls at night because there was no medication and we didn't even know what it was. We called them "Jimmy Legs". Then, that crazy Kramer on Seinfeld, used to come sliding into Jerry's apartment and announce that he hadn't slept all night because of his "jimmy legs". We thought we invented that name. :rotfl:We still call them that.

Kay @BrightEyes I'm so happy that you and Sister had such a good visit. Those plums sound yummy - I love plums. Do you ever make anything like plum pudding?

Vicky @vickyday have fun today - grocery shopping then games.

Terri @TerriM I was giggling the whole time I read your post. Sounds about right - my gks used to take over our house, too. I'm sure you're having fun.

Tracy @AK_Tracy I used to love Music in the Park. We always took the kids and a picnic.

I have a challenge this month - the August Momma O Challenge - come check it out.

That's all for now. HAGD everybody.
XOXO
So glad you had a good night's sleep! Jimmy legs! HA! My brother has Jimmy legs! He takes medicine for his RLS. I guess it works for him. He's still married, anyway! ;)

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
So glad you had a good night's sleep! Jimmy legs! HA! My brother has Jimmy legs! He takes medicine for his RLS. I guess it works for him. He's still married, anyway! ;)
I take medicine too, but I've been having breakthroughs. I think I need my dosage increased. Do you know what your brother takes? I've tried a few, but Pramipexoles works best for me.

AK_Tracy

So jealous of your "just" 73*! It has been scorching hot here again this week!
I hope you join me in my challenge! It's easy peasy!
73* is hot here!!! LOL Hope you cool down soon. And Yes, I plan to do your challenge too!! I am trying to spread them out. I dont allow myself more then three a day LOL Or I would max out the challenges and allowed posts in a day LOL I'm already plotting all the white space. That's NOT me so we shall see what I can do.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
73* is hot here!!! LOL Hope you cool down soon. And Yes, I plan to do your challenge too!! I am trying to spread them out. I dont allow myself more then three a day LOL Or I would max out the challenges and allowed posts in a day LOL I'm already plotting all the white space. That's NOT me so we shall see what I can do.
I would love to live in a place where it is 73* year around, LOL!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I take medicine too, but I've been having breakthroughs. I think I need my dosage increased. Do you know what your brother takes? I've tried a few, but Pramipexoles works best for me.
Cheryl, I asked my brother what he took for his RLS. He told me he wasn't currently taking it. His wife said it was a medicine they use for drying up breast milk. My brother jokingly said it worked so well he doesn't need it any more, LOL! The only medicines I saw that fit the description for drying up breast milk is cabergoline and bromocriptine. He did not remember what the name was. His wife said some people used quinine but from what I read that is dangerous and could cause death.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Cheryl, I asked my brother what he took for his RLS. He told me he wasn't currently taking it. His wife said it was a medicine they use for drying up breast milk. My brother jokingly said it worked so well he doesn't need it any more, LOL! The only medicines I saw that fit the description for drying up breast milk is cabergoline and bromocriptine. He did not remember what the name was. His wife said some people used quinine but from what I read that is dangerous and could cause death.
Wow, I wish I could find something that worked so well I didn't have to take it anymore. That's great. The medication I'm on is actually for Parkinson's. My sister's on it, too. It's funny how they find out that one medication works for other things like the drying up of breast milk. Who knew? I actually went to a chiropractor when we lived in Michigan who did a procedure on my back that stopped them. Who knew that??? I didn't have them or take medication after a few of those treatments. I've never found another chiropractor who could do whatever he did. I even have a letter that spells out what he did. I did testimonials for him after he got rid of my RLS.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Wow, I wish I could find something that worked so well I didn't have to take it anymore. That's great. The medication I'm on is actually for Parkinson's. My sister's on it, too. It's funny how they find out that one medication works for other things like the drying up of breast milk. Who knew? I actually went to a chiropractor when we lived in Michigan who did a procedure on my back that stopped them. Who knew that??? I didn't have them or take medication after a few of those treatments. I've never found another chiropractor who could do whatever he did. I even have a letter that spells out what he did. I did testimonials for him after he got rid of my RLS.
WOW! That's great! You would think that if one chiropractor knows how to treat it that others would, too!