Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, April 4

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Dear Martha,
Today is Day Four of rain and some snow. The sky is gunmetal grey and I am surprised that our house hasn't lifted off the foundation and run off into the ocean. I have received word that there are many towns and cities in New Jersey that have flooded again.
I hope this missive finds you safe, dry, and warm. Please think of those who are not.
Yours,
faerywings

:rotfl:
I am not sure if any of you have seen the Dear Martha letters that pop up on Social Media occasionally but yet another day of rain and a flooded basement made me think of them. It snowed overnight but only stuck to the grass and cars. This is getting really old...

Did everyone have a nice day yesterday? Mine was good! We had a wonderful dinner and game night with Scott and Sam. The fish tacos were ok. Everyone else loved them but I wasn't thrilled with the fish. I'll make them again but I'll find a different way of cooking the fish. The recipe had the fillets marinate in olive oil, lime juice, and spices. Dredged in flour and chili powder, then fried. They didn't have a lot of flavor and were too greasy. Next time, I'll bake them. Scott brought one of their favorite games over, Everdell. It's a board/card game where you build cities and collect resources so you need to develop a strategy. They know most of the cards and how to best plan their cities and helped us work it out. By the end of the game, we were getting the hang of it.

Other than cleaning for my friend this afternoon, I have a mostly quiet day ahead. We have so many leftovers from this week I don't have to cook tonight (yasss!) I have to clean my kitchen this morning and run some laundry. I am rat-sitting so I get to play with the babies. ♥

What good plans do you all have?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes That's fantastic that you slept better- hope that last night was the same. Send some of that my way ;)
Woohoo on the Xfinity savings!

@Cherylndesigns I don't/can't nap for the same reason, naps make me feel even worse.
:angry4: That's maddening and disappointing about the eucalyptus plant. I mean--- *twigs.* I hope that the seller rectifies this quickly.
How did the SS office appt go?

Kay- drat about the Rx and needing to see the doctor first. At least you were able to pick up your glasses and some groceries while you were out.
How is your SIL doing? I'm positive that your DDs are having a great visit.♥

@vickyday No one ever listens to Dr. Faery hahahahaha! Don't go picking up any more heavy boxes again, ya hear? :D You don't want to throw your back out before the long trip.

@taxed4ever thinking of you!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes That's fantastic that you slept better- hope that last night was the same. Send some of that my way ;)
Woohoo on the Xfinity savings!

@Cherylndesigns I don't/can't nap for the same reason, naps make me feel even worse.
:angry4: That's maddening and disappointing about the eucalyptus plant. I mean--- *twigs.* I hope that the seller rectifies this quickly.
How did the SS office appt go?

Kay- drat about the Rx and needing to see the doctor first. At least you were able to pick up your glasses and some groceries while you were out.
How is your SIL doing? I'm positive that your DDs are having a great visit.♥

@vickyday No one ever listens to Dr. Faery hahahahaha! Don't go picking up any more heavy boxes again, ya hear? :D You don't want to throw your back out before the long trip.

@taxed4ever thinking of you!
I hear ya! ;)
Glad you had a good time with your family last night! And a light day and no supper to fix sounds like a perfect day!
We had rain Tuesday night but yesterday turned out blustery and beautiful! Ilene came over and we played Qwirkle on the deck with everything trying to blow away! But it was good to take a break from the yard sale pricing.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning,
Not feeling great today.
No plans other than going to supper with my granddaughter and possibly her family if they get back from the mountains before we go.
More yard sale pricing to do.
That's about it for me.
Hope everyone has a great day.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
In and out early this AM...I need to be up and dressed ASAP. The guy from Xfinity will be here at 9AM to get the ball rolling on getting it installed, Decided to go ahead and sign up now... to get ahead of the crowd for the installation. Still have a few questions for him. Sounds like it will be about a week before the installation can be done. Then I need to send off the tax payments and will do a couple of other errands before the next cold front hits (tomorrow).

Have to run... BBL

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Had fun at our birding walk yesterday although the wind kicked up towards the end so we cut our walk short, about 1/2 hour earlier than usual. It was a good walk nevertheless, I got a few shots of an owl and there were more ducks and birds than the week before so slowly the migratory season has started. Then the snow started last night, about 3" so far and another 4-6" coming before tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully the roads are ok, I am heading out in an hour to go play mexican train dominos with some friends. Later today, around dinnertime (when the urgent care clinic is usually the least busy) I'll go over to the clinic to either get my inhaler renewed or get something new, the chest congestion is not improving (2 wks so far). My BP is up again, 163/99 so not dangerously high but I'll keep an eye on it. That might be why I'm having headaches off and on these past few wks.

HAGD everyone, I need to hop in the shower and get ready to head out.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all,

Well, it's a beautiful, balmy 59 degrees right now.

Yesterday went swimmingly - Adrienne went in the Social Security office with me as my "wingwoman". We had to wait a few minutes, but once they called our number, it went smooth as silk. *SHOCK* - I KNOW! He asked for Chuck's SS# and of course I had to show my ID. He found my case right away in that computer on his desk, made a copy of the marriage certificate and said everything was now uploaded to my "case". At least I'm a "case" now - I think that's a good thing. I had previously gone on my Social Security member's site and it showed right on there that I was in "Phrase 3". WooHoo. Now, I guess I'm in "Phase 4". :giggle4:

Ava went with us, but she sat in the car working on her phone. Then we went to TJ Maxx. I got the only pack of preserved eucalyptus that they had but it was a really nice "bunch". Adios to the real thing - the preserved smells so delicious and I don't know why I didn't get that first. I used to always have preserved eucalyptus in my house and the sprigs are great to put in wreaths. Chris @faerywings there were 3 sticks (literally) in the plant when I took it out. When all of the dirt fell out, there were two shriveled up "twigs". I thought about trying to resuscitate them, but right now, I don't have the headspace to baby two twigs. :banghead::banghead:

I'm glad you had a great evening with the kids, even though the fish wasn't to your liking. Try fish sticks next time. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Kay @BrightEyes congrats on buttoning down the Xfinity and hopefully getting ahead of the rush. Again, I'm so envious and I promise you will love it. It's so easy to record shows and then just sit and watch what you want to watch. It;s the best service we've ever had.

Rae @bcgal00 3" of snow? At least you got to go on a shorter bird walk and I hope you can get your inhaler refilled easily at the clinic.

Vicky @vickyday sounds like you and Ilene had a lovely day together.

I'm going to scoot out of here now and go see what I need to do. I NEED to do housework - that's what I really need to do. I'd rather scrap though. Maybe I'll scrap for a little while then do some housework. Decisions, decisions. I'm at least a day behind on my 100 Day Project, so maybe I'll start with that.

Hugs to all.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Wooo... wooo.... busy as a bee!! The guy from Xfinity was so helpful... answered all my questions. The installation date is Tuesday - April 23 between 8-10AM. Made the prepayment and set up my account. He will be my "account guy" to answer any questions, help with any problems, etc...even 1 -2 years downstream! @Cherylndesigns I am not getting the cable service as I can get most channels I want to watch on-air with my antennas. I don't watch series so never needed to record shows. Just getting the internet and phone service right now. Decided to go to Smith's and WM and pick up several needed items before the winds get bad. It is 71* with lots of sunshine right now. Wow... really feels great but the front will be hitting here later on this afternoon or evening.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Wooo... wooo.... busy as a bee!! The guy from Xfinity was so helpful... answered all my questions. The installation date is Tuesday - April 23 between 8-10AM. Made the prepayment and set up my account. He will be my "account guy" to answer any questions, help with any problems, etc...even 1 -2 years downstream! @Cherylndesigns I am not getting the cable service as I can get most channels I want to watch on-air with my antennas. I don't watch series so never needed to record shows. Just getting the internet and phone service right now. Decided to go to Smith's and WM and pick up several needed items before the winds get bad. It is 71* with lots of sunshine right now. Wow... really feels great but the front will be hitting here later on this afternoon or evening.
Well, their internet is wicked fast - you'll love it, Kay! We gave up our landline years ago and they kept saying they were going to get cell phone service, but never did. Maybe they have that now.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Well, their internet is wicked fast - you'll love it, Kay! We gave up our landline years ago and they kept saying they were going to get cell phone service, but never did. Maybe they have that now.
Yes, they now have cell service... but I am sticking with TMobile. I am going with a landline phone service as I need it for my security system.