Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, April 29

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I almost jumped us up a month and typed in May 29. Good thing I noticed because not only would that give you all a heart attack, it would double that for me since that would mean I forgot my anniversary ;) As it is I have to stay on top of the three family birthdays next week (Gary 3rd, nephew Dylan 5th, Christopher 7th), then Mother's Day (9th), and my dad's shoulder replacement surgery (11th). Then I have a breather until my goddaughter's Master's graduation party (15th) then Scott's b-day (21st), BFFs (22nd), and then my anniversary (29th) Didja get all that???????
[faints smilie}

Yesterday was fan-TAS-tic outside. I was out there for three hours just clearing out the dead leaves and stalks of the plants along the front and top section of my side yard. It was good timing too because someone walking on the street took a photo of the one lone tulip that bloomed there. I have a few more scattered around but this one looked very pretty. I was going to take a pic too but then forget. I tried to take a pic of a toad but he was covered in dirt and blended in that I don't think he showed up.
It is still warm today but it rained all night and is supposed to rain on and off all day. I think I am going to some housework and laundry and maybe try to start on some of the cards I need to make.

Can you all keep a secret?
I am not saying a word to my family since they will just add pressure but Caitlyn got an email last night that she is one of the finalists for a scholarship!!!!! The finalists need to schedule a virtual interview with the donors before they make the decision. Can you all send her good vibes/prayers?? She is stressing like crazy over having so much debt when she graduated so any little bit will help. Thanks!

Hugs and love to you all!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva Where is that mojo when I need it? haha! It would take me months to scrap 13 pages. How many are you up to now, 24 hours later? 207? 6,902? :D I bet all of that "knowing" will come back quickly as you go through your stash.

Kay- those are some crazy weather swings, no wonder you are all achy. Hope that you and your niece are back up and running soon. We will be down to the upper 50's tomorrow after being in the upper 70s yesterday. Thanks for the crossed fingers for the computer.

@bcgal00 I am picturing Taz being like the doting husband while the wife is looking at all of the pretty dresses in the store window. (How is that for a semi-sexist trope throwback? *G*) I love hearing how happy she is, what a complete turnaround from her first month with you.

@felis- I am so glad that you are having a nice time with your sister. And I think those bunnies are super cute!!! You are so creative!

@Cherylndesigns Whew, that is good news that your DD is feeling a bit better- I remember how long it took me to heal after J took me down in the driveway. The reactions to the vaccines are pretty wild. I am still in shock that Caitlyn had nothing, the same with my dad and my FIl. Scott, MIL, and I all had horrible ones. My mom, SIL, and brother were a bit tired for a day.
Wow, that sounds like a lot of rain, be very careful driving through water (as if you don't know that already hah!

xoxo

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
@tanteva Where is that mojo when I need it? haha! It would take me months to scrap 13 pages. How many are you up to now, 24 hours later? 207? 6,902? :D I bet all of that "knowing" will come back quickly as you go through your stash.

I must be really good at counting, cuz I started on another one this morning - and I still have 13 folders in my Digiscrap folder. :D

Wow - is your calender full or what??? I had a friend's birthday last Sunday ... and the next thing is hubby's birthday on September 5h! My life is so effing boring ............. But I hope to get at least one tiny little road trip this summer, even if it's only to go for some sort of picnic in the middle of the forest (to safely keep my distance) LOL ... And, I hope to get some work. Been scarce (no that spelling isn't right, and I tried several LOL) this spring. I'm doing some temp work at the library where hubby works. Hope I will get a couple of hours this summer. Money would be nice,

Speaking of money. Hubby got a raise ... he learned about it yesterday. Usually, the annual raise is about $20-30/month, but every year the city decides on one or two categories of workers that they want to promote a little bit more for the year, and this year it was decided on the librarians. We hoped he would get something like double the amount, like $40-50 something .... he got a raise of $150!!!! We're soooo happy about this. But I guess the firm that lend us the money for the roof will be the happiest. LOL (We want to pay as much as possible of the roof within the first year, because the interest is lower the first year, and we want it to be as little left as possible when the interest gets a bit higher.)

God ... I hate to think of adult stuff like that. I want to think about digiscrap, candy and movies LOL

My biggest problem right now is that I have very little kits I can use here at Oscraps. Most of my stash is kits from retired designers or retired kits from current designers. (That's of course a bigger problem than the roof loan!!!)

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Popping in early this morning to say hello to all. Yesterday was quite a day. Made a trip over to the Post Office to drop off mail; then over to the Senior Center to check out the books in their 'little library' - a rolling cart filled with books in the lobby. Got back home at 11AM just as the rain started. So glad to see it rain as we are in a severe drought. Was working on-line for awhile (3 PM) when the internet connection clicked off. Checked the modem and then I realized that not only the WiFi was down but had also lost the landline phone and the cable. Tried rebooting the modem but nada. Finally called the cable provider to hear that there was an "extended outage in our area" and not sure how long it would take to get it fixed. Glad I have my cell phone so at least I could use it to check out what was going on. Didn't get it back until around 8:30 PM. I can sure sympathize with Cheryl now with her problems getting WiFi. It rained off and on until early this morning. Think we got a couple of inches of rain. I was going to deep water my trees but will hold off for a few days before doing that. Also need to spray the weeds but will wait until everything dries out before doing it.

Chris, sending good thoughts Cailyn's way and hope she gets the scholarship. Had to LOL over you thinking it was May... glad you caught that Ooops moment. Must admit, I am ready for April to be over. It has been a hard month since DH passed on. The back is feeling a bit stronger this morning but don't plan on doing anything that will set it off again.

Off to see what I can get done now that my internet is back up this morning.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good afternoon ladies. Busy morning (as always) but am going to stop for lunch now for all of us (Remi is just waking up from beneath my desk) and will watch an episode of Grays Anatomy.

I watched Remi chase her first butterfly. She just stood there fascinated as it fluttered around her and then took off running and leaping, trying to catch it. We rarely sees butterflies in our yard so I really enjoyed this.

@faerywings I can picture you outside yesterday, soaking in the warm weather and sunshine as you puttered in the garden. That is just awesome about the scholarship possibility for C. Sending positive vibes her way.

I'm going to go get lunch so I'll keep this short. Have a great day everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon my lovelies. It FINALLY stopped raining, but everything is soaked! We had a real rushing water problem yesterday. I made a video and put it on FB in my story yesterday.

Chris @faerywings I'm SOOOOOO excited for Cait!!! I'm definitely sending her only positive vibes right now!! I KNOW she can do it! If not this, something just as good!! Tell her that I'm sharing what I always tell Ava - "you can do anything you want to do". It might not be THE thing this time, but it will happen. I know she's a lot like Ava! They WILL succeed in whatever they want to do!!

Kay @BrightEyes that stinks about the outage! I feel your pain! I'm glad you got a few things done before it went out and that it finally came back up.

Sounds like you did have a busy morning!

Rae @bcgal00 that's so cute about Remi chasing her first butterfly. That means she's feeling good, huh?

Eva @tanteva 13 pages??? I've done 4 and thought I was burning rubber. LOL They were all for CT reveals, except 1, and that always takes me longer because I want them to be perfect!

I need to get to the gallery - I've been a bad Cheery-O this month about leaving comments. I might have my bare minimum but I need to check. I took Daisy for a walk - hadn't walked for 3 days because of the rain, then came back and watered and talked to my ferns and my Norfolk Island Pine. His name is Jacob. Haha We got him right before Christmas - we were still in that little house and didn't have room for our tree. Alyssa named him Jacob and it stuck. Jackob has been in the pot that we got him in ever since and has been on the end table. He started looking a little sickly and I thought we were losing him. The weather has been too unpredictable to set him outside, but we finally did. He looks SO much better and Jacob is going to survive until I get him in the ground! Everybody calls that plant Jacob. It's hysterical Lila likes to smell him and I heard Adrienne tell her that she "had Jacob in her fur". ROTF

Chris @faerywings I do remember you talking about how long it took you to heal. Adrienne's bruise looks so much better! Remember when Roger had his bad sprain? He thought his ankle was broken but went to urgent care last night and it isn't! There's never a dull moment around here.

Waving to all.