Oscraps

Daily Ooos: October 28-29: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We made it. It is Saturday and --- *drum roll* -- it is sunny!
Finally, we have a good day for the hike and the Harvest Fest.

I ended up semi-crashing yesterday afternoon. I never made it on a hike but that is fine. I had to steam-clean the BR carpet so I did that instead. Jaida threw up the other day and even though I spot-cleaned, I didn't want to put my yoga mat there. That took a couple of hours and I pooped out afterward. I caught up on laundry and played with the rats. They love raspberries and I got a kick out of watching them (the babies) run around the cage with them. Squirrel, she doesn't play around. She grabs it, backs into her house, and gobbles it up.
Squirrel cracks me up. She has always been more reserved than her sisters. Badger came out every time to greet me. Otter would come out too. Squirrel needs time to warm up. When I go into Caitlyn's room, I go to her cage first and I have to bribe her with treats to get her to poke her head out of the house. The babies OTOH, they start popcorning all over their cage and run up to the door for me to take them out. When Squirrel sees that, she comes out of her house to watch me. After I put the babies back-- then she lets me scoop her up and hold her for a while.

Since I wasn't going on a hike and I had leftovers for dinner, I took the afternoon off. I got a few Color Play kits and just - wow. I scrapped one page and can't wait to do more.
As of this moment (it can change in minutes if his stomach acts up), Gary is coming with me on the hike and we're leaving around 8.30. Scott will be really happy to see him. Gary has to eat breakfast or Scott is gonna have his head if his sugar drops on the trail. I'll pack plenty of granola bars but he has to eat something before to keep his sugar stable.
This afternoon is a small Harvest Festival sponsored by the Sherrif's Dept. Normally we wouldn't go but this year there is a petting zoo. It's worth it to see what's there :)
I hope to get some good pictures today then I can keep on scraping the Color Plays!

Better get going so I can get dressed and eat something more substantial myself.
Hugs!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord :banghead: You are right about having to advocate for yourself with this medical system. The cynical part of me first thought that wanted to do the OHS because of $$$. So glad that they are willing to do the TAVR.
And no-- you are not flakey. The *&%$@^*%^$ system is designed to make you lose your mind.

@bcgal00 I have been seeing some of your posts on Facebook and everything looks amazing!
(OT: Is it just me or is FB 90% ads or recommended pages at this point?)

@vickyday TY for the good thoughts for my dad! Hope you are feeling better today too

@Cherylndesigns Daisy is such a good girl, she knows that something is not right in the home. Give her another belly rub from me!
My dad is a Scorpio but stubborn as Gary who is a Taurus. Scott's a Taurus/Gemini cusp. Maybe it's just *all* men. Darn stubborn species :voodoodoll: hahahah

@taxed4ever BTDT -- running around to get ready in a split second for something I forgot about. Solar motorized blinds-- that's awesome! I bet they will end up paying for themselves (eventually *wink* ) by keeping the house temps stable.
Wish you could come hike with me too!

@BrightEyes I am sorry that you didn't get to see your niece and that it will be a long time before she is back in your area.
Did DH have any trouble with the internal chemo?

@Cherylndesigns Is Chuck behaving himself?
Uh-oh! You'd better keep an eye on his Amazon account- he might be buying a nail file and lock picks to bust himself out of "jail." :giggle4:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
We made it. It is Saturday and --- *drum roll* -- it is sunny!
Finally, we have a good day for the hike and the Harvest Fest.

I ended up semi-crashing yesterday afternoon. I never made it on a hike but that is fine. I had to steam-clean the BR carpet so I did that instead. Jaida threw up the other day and even though I spot-cleaned, I didn't want to put my yoga mat there. That took a couple of hours and I pooped out afterward. I caught up on laundry and played with the rats. They love raspberries and I got a kick out of watching them (the babies) run around the cage with them. Squirrel, she doesn't play around. She grabs it, backs into her house, and gobbles it up.
Squirrel cracks me up. She has always been more reserved than her sisters. Badger came out every time to greet me. Otter would come out too. Squirrel needs time to warm up. When I go into Caitlyn's room, I go to her cage first and I have to bribe her with treats to get her to poke her head out of the house. The babies OTOH, they start popcorning all over their cage and run up to the door for me to take them out. When Squirrel sees that, she comes out of her house to watch me. After I put the babies back-- then she lets me scoop her up and hold her for a while.

Since I wasn't going on a hike and I had leftovers for dinner, I took the afternoon off. I got a few Color Play kits and just - wow. I scrapped one page and can't wait to do more.
As of this moment (it can change in minutes if his stomach acts up), Gary is coming with me on the hike and we're leaving around 8.30. Scott will be really happy to see him. Gary has to eat breakfast or Scott is gonna have his head if his sugar drops on the trail. I'll pack plenty of granola bars but he has to eat something before to keep his sugar stable.
This afternoon is a small Harvest Festival sponsored by the Sherrif's Dept. Normally we wouldn't go but this year there is a petting zoo. It's worth it to see what's there :)
I hope to get some good pictures today then I can keep on scraping the Color Plays!

Better get going so I can get dressed and eat something more substantial myself.
Hugs!
Hope you have/had a wonderful time on your hike and that Gary actually got to go with you!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@LSlycord :banghead: You are right about having to advocate for yourself with this medical system. The cynical part of me first thought that wanted to do the OHS because of $$$. So glad that they are willing to do the TAVR.
And no-- you are not flakey. The *&%$@^*%^$ system is designed to make you lose your mind.

@bcgal00 I have been seeing some of your posts on Facebook and everything looks amazing!
(OT: Is it just me or is FB 90% ads or recommended pages at this point?)

@vickyday TY for the good thoughts for my dad! Hope you are feeling better today too

@Cherylndesigns Daisy is such a good girl, she knows that something is not right in the home. Give her another belly rub from me!
My dad is a Scorpio but stubborn as Gary who is a Taurus. Scott's a Taurus/Gemini cusp. Maybe it's just *all* men. Darn stubborn species :voodoodoll: hahahah

@taxed4ever BTDT -- running around to get ready in a split second for something I forgot about. Solar motorized blinds-- that's awesome! I bet they will end up paying for themselves (eventually *wink* ) by keeping the house temps stable.
Wish you could come hike with me too!

@BrightEyes I am sorry that you didn't get to see your niece and that it will be a long time before she is back in your area.

@Cherylndesigns Is Chuck behaving himself?
Uh-oh! You'd better keep an eye on his Amazon account- he might be buying a nail file and lock picks to bust himself out of "jail." :giggle4:
My pain is minimal, thank the Lord. Mostly swelling is the issue with my wrist and strained muscles with my back.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning,
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Mine is starting out in the recliner with heat on my back and ice on my wrist and Asher between my legs on his blanket. Not sure who is getting the most comfort, lol.

IMG_20231028_084801335_HDR.jpg

My daughter, Elisabeth and granddaughter, Abby came for a visit yesterday. We played Rummikub and Qwirkle. I sat at the table too long and had to wear my back brace for awhile. But it was a nice surprise to get to see them. They had the day off from school for teacher work day to put grades on report cards and get ready for the next semester. Hard to believe that 9 weeks have passed already this school year.
Mark is out working on fixing a dilapidated shed that houses his tractor and some other things. I'm not even sure what all is out there.
Today I am going to work on transferring pictures from my camera and phone to the EHD. I need to find some mojo to do some scrapping as I got a kit to work with before I hurt myself. I just can't find the energy to get it done.
HAGD!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Think I am sleeping later as sunrise is getting later and the light from it doesn't wake me up until later. Only a week until we here in the US fall back in time. Wish they would stop fiddle-farting around with it and go to one time year round. Have a couple of errands to do today... while it is still warm. Cold front coming in tonight and will have our first freeze. Guess it is time to turn on the heat.
I won't say he had trouble with the internal chemo... but had to wear a catheter afterwards. Then he had an infection (don't think it was from the chemo) and several strokes. The internal chemo didn't cause nausea or hair loss like other chemo does.

@vickyday Sorry you sat too long but nice that you had company to enjoy. Glad you have the back brace to wear when it is needed. The recliner is my best bet most days - especially when the weather is changing. Would be lost without my Doctor Scholl's chair heat/massager on those days.

@LSlycord What a PITA it was that you had to be such a strong advocate to finally get some answers. It is your body and your decision as to which surgery is right for you at this time.

@bcgal00 Saw your photos on FB... you both look so relaxed and having fun. Thanks for sharing them.

Off to get dressed and run my errands. HAGWE

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Think I am sleeping later as sunrise is getting later and the light from it doesn't wake me up until later. Only a week until we here in the US fall back in time. Wish they would stop fiddle-farting around with it and go to one time year round. Have a couple of errands to do today... while it is still warm. Cold front coming in tonight and will have our first freeze. Guess it is time to turn on the heat.

I won't say he had trouble with the internal chemo... but had to wear a catheter afterwards. Then he had an infection (don't think it was from the chemo) and several strokes. The internal chemo didn't cause nausea or hair loss like other chemo does.

@vickyday Sorry you sat too long but nice that you had company to enjoy. Glad you have the back brace to wear when it is needed. The recliner is my best bet most days - especially when the weather is changing. Would be lost without my Doctor Scholl's chair heat/massager on those days.

@LSlycord What a PITA it was that you had to be such a strong advocate to finally get some answers. It is your body and your decision as to which surgery is right for you at this time.

@bcgal00 Saw your photos on FB... you both look so relaxed and having fun. Thanks for sharing them.

Off to get dressed and run my errands. HAGWE
I had a restless night so I'm on my heat today. Feels pretty good, too! So does the recliner!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good evening,

Our temperature has sure dropped and it's pouring down rain. It's 52 out and says "new record low possible for tomorrow". YAY - NOT. I'm not ready for this. We slept in this am - Daisy let us sleep. I got up and thought it's pretty chilly in here - checked the thermostat and it was 59 in here. Had to pop the heat on. It's supposed to rain like this all day today, all night and tomorrow. I want to go see Chuck today, so I'll likely get wet.

Chris @faerywings I laughed out loud about chuck using that money to buy toold to break out of that place! I know that he feels bad and he just wants out of there and I'm trying to reinforce the fact that he'll be there longer if he doesn't start cooperating. What can I say "he's a Chuck". I'm a Scorpio too. Gemini and Scorpio can be a "iffy" at times.

Well, I started this post way earlier and am just getting back in here. Went to see Chuck and he was a little better - at least his mood was. He was sitting up on the side of the bed when I got there and he had to show me how he could stand by himself and he also walked around the room. First thing he said was "I took a shower". YAY. I think he's decided that he needs to do whatever he can so he can get out of there and come home.

I'll try to get in here longer tomorrow, but wanted to at least make it in here. Love to all and lots of hugs.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
What a difference 24 hours make in the weather. Yesterday was all blue sky and 75* while today is dark, rainy, and 50*
It was amazing weather for hiking although we were sweating our butts off climbing up the rocky sections. Which --there were a *lot.* Gary came with me and I know that made Scott really happy. Gary's stomach didn't start getting awful until the last part down the mountain. He spent the rest of the day relaxing and asked me to let him sleep in today. He'll need that to recover. LOL!
I was really excited when we made it to the top for two reasons. The view was extraordinary- but I was able to sit down and catch my breath. Scott considers it an easy hike with "some challenging sections."
:hahano:
To him, I am sure it is but to me-- not so much. LOL It was more rock than trail and had to toss my hiking stick up ahead and scramble up the rocks on hands and knees more than once. Coming down-- in reverse. Toss the stick below a little bit, sit on my butt and scoot down. There was another couple that joined up and IMHO- they were machines. Sure they looked like regular people- my age, probably a little older. They never stopped until they had no choice but to wait for the rest of us to catch up. They have been on hikes with Scott before and he said that is how they roll every time. I don't think they even broke a sweat. Personally, I am thinking T-200000 version of the Terminator, they were that advanced. :floorlaugh:

Caitlyn and I drove over to the park where the Harvest Fest was and had to leave. There weren't any parking spots in either parking lot. It looked like the police were sending people down 1/2 mile to the church lot. I didn't think I had it in me to walk another mile or so so we bailed. :(
That gave me time to scrap some of the photos I took in the morning. I used the Color Plays I had grabbed the day before. I can't get over how perfectly they work together.

Today is a lay-low kind of day for me. I started my grocery order and will get my schedule set up for the week. Laundry.

Always laundry.:laundry:

Hope you all have a nice time today too!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh man, it is already 9 a.m. and I am still staring at my computer :alarmclock::hiding2:
Quick personals and then I have to get moving.
(or do I???)

@vickyday Yes, it was wonderful having Gary come with me. It meant a lot to Scott too.
Love the photo of you and Asher, he looks like he is enjoying life snuggling with you ♥
Sounds like a lovely visit with DD and G-DD. I hope that you weren't in too much pain for long afterward.

@BrightEyes I hear you, I was shocked that I slept as late as I did this morning (6.30) but it was so dark. You know me, I am going to be grumbling about DST time ending until it switches back in the Spring. heh
Thanks for the info on the bladder chemo. Your poor Dh really had an awful time of it with his health :hug2:

@Cherylndesigns Talk about weird weather patterns, we flipped it-- OK and NJ! Hope you get sunny and warmer soon. At least I know that 50 and rainy is "normal" for my area.
Good luck with Chuck getting out of the rehab as recommended by the doctor and not through the use of that nail file :jail1: LOL.
Is there any new estimate for how long he'll be there? He must have been thrilled to get that shower!

xoxoxo

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Weather has changed... Yesterday was 73* and today will be 55* with a hard freeze tonight! Possibility of snow in the mountain on the edge of town and may get a bit in the valley and on the west mesa where I live. I turned on the heat this morning for the first time this fall/winter. Time to pull out the sweatpants/shirt!

Talk about luck... I went to the bank yesterday to pay my CC bill. Had been inside for maybe 5 minutes when they locked the door. Forgot it closed at noon so it was a good thing I went straight there before doing the other errands! Yes, I was allowed to get everything done since I was inside when they locked the outside doors.

@faerywings Glad you got the "easy" hike done with Scott and Gary yesterday... I don't think have to crawl up/down/over rocks is an 'easy' hike! Nice that Gary's tummy didn't act up until the end. Sorry there was no close parking for the Fest... wise move to not stay and have to walk blocks after your hike that morning.

@Cherylndesigns We are getting a 'backdoor cold front' - coming in from the east instead of the west. Must be what you were getting yesterday. Hope it clears up soon. Great news that Chuck has decided to cooperate and got a shower and able to move around the room by himself!! Hey, Scorpio gal... when is your birthday??? I am a cusp of Scorpio/Sagittarius (Nov 22) but seem to be more Sagittarius. :p

@vickyday Neat photo of you and Archer... glad you have the pillows to prop the arm up. You are doing fantastic with typing one-handedly... and being able to take photos, too!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Weather has changed... Yesterday was 73* and today will be 55* with a hard freeze tonight! Possibility of snow in the mountain on the edge of town and may get a bit in the valley and on the west mesa where I live. I turned on the heat this morning for the first time this fall/winter. Time to pull out the sweatpants/shirt!

Talk about luck... I went to the bank yesterday to pay my CC bill. Had been inside for maybe 5 minutes when they locked the door. Forgot it closed at noon so it was a good thing I went straight there before doing the other errands! Yes, I was allowed to get everything done since I was inside when they locked the outside doors.

@faerywings Glad you got the "easy" hike done with Scott and Gary yesterday... I don't think have to crawl up/down/over rocks is an 'easy' hike! Nice that Gary's tummy didn't act up until the end. Sorry there was no close parking for the Fest... wise move to not stay and have to walk blocks after your hike that morning.

@Cherylndesigns We are getting a 'backdoor cold front' - coming in from the east instead of the west. Must be what you were getting yesterday. Hope it clears up soon. Great news that Chuck has decided to cooperate and got a shower and able to move around the room by himself!! Hey, Scorpio gal... when is your birthday??? I am a cusp of Scorpio/Sagittarius (Nov 22) but seem to be more Sagittarius. :p

@vickyday Neat photo of you and Archer... glad you have the pillows to prop the arm up. You are doing fantastic with typing one-handedly... and being able to take photos, too!
Thanks so much, Kay - he seems to be coming around. Yes, we must be getting that weather ahead of you - it's pretty miserable here - cold and still raining. Ugh - the rain makes it seem colder. My bd is the 8th and I'm a true Scorpio. LOL Yes, you are on the cusp., sliding into Sagittarius. Cheers, Scorpio Gal!! :drinkglance:
Oh man, it is already 9 a.m. and I am still staring at my computer :alarmclock::hiding2:
Quick personals and then I have to get moving.
(or do I???)

@vickyday Yes, it was wonderful having Gary come with me. It meant a lot to Scott too.
Love the photo of you and Asher, he looks like he is enjoying life snuggling with you ♥
Sounds like a lovely visit with DD and G-DD. I hope that you weren't in too much pain for long afterward.

@BrightEyes I hear you, I was shocked that I slept as late as I did this morning (6.30) but it was so dark. You know me, I am going to be grumbling about DST time ending until it switches back in the Spring. heh
Thanks for the info on the bladder chemo. Your poor Dh really had an awful time of it with his health :hug2:

@Cherylndesigns Talk about weird weather patterns, we flipped it-- OK and NJ! Hope you get sunny and warmer soon. At least I know that 50 and rainy is "normal" for my area.
Good luck with Chuck getting out of the rehab as recommended by the doctor and not through the use of that nail file :jail1: LOL.
Is there any new estimate for how long he'll be there? He must have been thrilled to get that shower!

xoxoxo
I don't think there's must hope for us weather wise for about a week. Ugh it's miserable here and the steady rain doesn't help. Well, Chuck put away his dreams of digging his way out of there and I asked when he thought he could come home He said tomorrow. I said realistically, when do you think you'll get out of here? He said as soon as I can. I think he'd going to really show them that he can take care of himself. He seems to be gaining lots of strength in his lower body. That's what was so weak and I saw lots of improvement yesterday. He's a character - "he's a Chuck" after all. :floorlaugh:

I'll try to check in later.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good evening,

Our temperature has sure dropped and it's pouring down rain. It's 52 out and says "new record low possible for tomorrow". YAY - NOT. I'm not ready for this. We slept in this am - Daisy let us sleep. I got up and thought it's pretty chilly in here - checked the thermostat and it was 59 in here. Had to pop the heat on. It's supposed to rain like this all day today, all night and tomorrow. I want to go see Chuck today, so I'll likely get wet.

Chris @faerywings I laughed out loud about chuck using that money to buy toold to break out of that place! I know that he feels bad and he just wants out of there and I'm trying to reinforce the fact that he'll be there longer if he doesn't start cooperating. What can I say "he's a Chuck". I'm a Scorpio too. Gemini and Scorpio can be a "iffy" at times.

Well, I started this post way earlier and am just getting back in here. Went to see Chuck and he was a little better - at least his mood was. He was sitting up on the side of the bed when I got there and he had to show me how he could stand by himself and he also walked around the room. First thing he said was "I took a shower". YAY. I think he's decided that he needs to do whatever he can so he can get out of there and come home.

I'll try to get in here longer tomorrow, but wanted to at least make it in here. Love to all and lots of hugs.
YAY for the new attitude on Chuck!!!!!!! I know that had to make you happy!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
What a difference 24 hours make in the weather. Yesterday was all blue sky and 75* while today is dark, rainy, and 50*
It was amazing weather for hiking although we were sweating our butts off climbing up the rocky sections. Which --there were a *lot.* Gary came with me and I know that made Scott really happy. Gary's stomach didn't start getting awful until the last part down the mountain. He spent the rest of the day relaxing and asked me to let him sleep in today. He'll need that to recover. LOL!
I was really excited when we made it to the top for two reasons. The view was extraordinary- but I was able to sit down and catch my breath. Scott considers it an easy hike with "some challenging sections."
:hahano:
To him, I am sure it is but to me-- not so much. LOL It was more rock than trail and had to toss my hiking stick up ahead and scramble up the rocks on hands and knees more than once. Coming down-- in reverse. Toss the stick below a little bit, sit on my butt and scoot down. There was another couple that joined up and IMHO- they were machines. Sure they looked like regular people- my age, probably a little older. They never stopped until they had no choice but to wait for the rest of us to catch up. They have been on hikes with Scott before and he said that is how they roll every time. I don't think they even broke a sweat. Personally, I am thinking T-200000 version of the Terminator, they were that advanced. :floorlaugh:

Caitlyn and I drove over to the park where the Harvest Fest was and had to leave. There weren't any parking spots in either parking lot. It looked like the police were sending people down 1/2 mile to the church lot. I didn't think I had it in me to walk another mile or so so we bailed. :(
That gave me time to scrap some of the photos I took in the morning. I used the Color Plays I had grabbed the day before. I can't get over how perfectly they work together.

Today is a lay-low kind of day for me. I started my grocery order and will get my schedule set up for the week. Laundry.

Always laundry.:laundry:

Hope you all have a nice time today too!
Loved your hike story! Made me lol!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

HA! It takes me 3 times as long to type and about that long to get the phone balanced for a selfie! Where there's a will, there's a way, lol!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good afternoon!
Speaking of weather.....we've been in the 80's this weekend but the weather is calling for the temp to begin falling all week and hit 26 at some point! Maybe that will finally kill the tomatoes, lol! Mark picked a bunch today and we still have them in all stages of growth from blooms to ready to harvest! If I had planted them they probably would never have produced so prolifically! Today is still sunny and warm.

I was able to go to church today! YAY! Boy, how we would love to be on the bike this afternoon! I would love to be taking pictures from my seat on the bike while riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway!

I think I will try to do some scrapping this afternoon!

HAGD!

bcgal00

Hello ladies...I am back! The trip home was a nightmare, the Rome flight was delayed, then the next connecting flight out of Montreal was delayed, so we ended up having to spend the night at a hotel in Vancouver and catching a flight to Kamloops. We started out early Friday morning (which was late Thursday night in Pacific time) and got home at 10:00 am Sat morning. I thought I would go insane with all the hours in the air and in the airports. So glad I won't be flying anywhere now for awhile (since we cancelled our Feb trip). I'll do day trips or wkend trips in Alberta, exploring everywhere since it's all new to me.

We vacate our house on Nov 26 to stay in a hotel as the house gets finished up and ready for the new owners. Then we'll do a final cleanup and leave keys on the 28th for them. We'll head out to Calgary and stay in a hotel there until Dec 5th when we can get into our new home. It sucks to have to spend almost a wk in hotels but it'll all be worth it to get into our new place.

I'll be sporadically around as I deal with moving and then unpacking at the new house. Hope internet hookup will all go smoothly. The other owners had shaw and we have telus so we'll need a technician to come out. It seems surreal to think that we'll be spending Xmas in our new home. We're so happy.

We got back too late to pick up the dogs today but first thing tomorrow morning I'll go get them. We got FB photos every day of them playing outside, they have had so much fun with all the other dogs and so much room to run outdoors. Can't wait to pick them up and get them home.

The food was unbelievable but I only gained 4 lbs (b/c of the crazy amount of walking Jen and I did each day). Darrell couldn't join us most days b/c it was too hard on his knees. At least he got to go the two main tours (Familia Sagrada and Colosseum).

Glad to be home now.