Oscraps

Daily Ooos: November 4-5: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy weekend my lOves! After eight weekends in a row of rain, looks like we will have sunshine on both days. :sunout:

I had an extremely productive day yesterday and most of it was done for *me.* Shocking, right? :D I did all of my morning /housework stuff first and then right after lunch, I went on a hike. It was gorgeous and peaceful. The trees are past peak here but the blue sky and sunshine made it worthwhile. I was aggravated with myself at one point. I didn't realize how loud I was walking and scared off 25-30 Mallard ducks. They were swimming around where the beaver lodge is and when they heard me they all flew off. :( I tried to go around to the other side on my way back and got a glimpse of a few swimming behind the tall grasses.
After I got home, I spent the rest of the day in the kitchen. I knew that Caitlyn would appreciate some comfort food after a long, hectic week. I made Apple Fritter Bread and Roasted Butternut Risotto. OMG, I could have eaten both of them in their entirety they were so good. The risotto was incredible. Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto
I used white arborio rice because I didn't have short-grain brown rice and it was perfect. I'll keep my eyes open for short-grain brown rice to go on sale and make it again.
I set aside some of the apple chunks to give to the rats- which they gobbled up. ♥

After the FP this morning, I don't have anything on my schedule. I took some pictures (rats and trees *G*) that I want to scrap. I should probably get some more raking done too since it won't be too cold this afternoon.

Enjoy the day and don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Yes! I see lots of gorgeous siggies and avatars for the new month and season too. I love it!
Hehe, I am very happy to hear that my ratio of helping vs hurting you with the days and dates is on the positive side. LOL!!!
Did you have a more normal schedule yesterday? Good luck tomorrow, I know you always have a rough time adjusting with the clock changes :hanging:

@taxed4ever Hope you did well with the flu shot and had no side effects. I missed your LO on Facebook, my feed is nothing but ads and suggested pages. *grumbles*

@vickyday Yes, some of the students Caitlyn deals with are very much entitled. One father that she had dealt with before called to complain about when the Registration window opened up. That isn't set by her or her department. He demanded to speak to her supervisor who also had no say in the times. Then he complained about how much he was paying the school (same as every other student- it is called *tuition*) and threatened to pull his daughter out. Then acted shocked when the Dean of Students "didn't stop him." Literally- he said, "You aren't going to stop me from pulling her out of school?"
At least that exchange had me and Cait cracking up. :rotfl:
I hope that you get an earlier appt with the spine dr but I have this feeling that Dec 14 will be here before we know it.
I am so happy that the Ozempic is working so well. My brother is on it and has lost 25 lbs.
Argh about the EHD! Good thing that dinner with Ilene will take your mind off any computer issues for a while.

@Cherylndesigns So nice to hear that your temps are warming up. Sometimes (and I mean *sometimes*) it feels good to be all cozy and bundled up. I am sure being overtired is contributing to feeling cold. Sam is the funniest cat, I can't believe he knows how to open the door handle. Actually, I 100% do believe it, he's a tricky kitty!
Are you all going to visit Chuck today? Any news on when he'll get sprung?

@pachimac Give your brother a hug from us for finishing chemo. I hope that the cancer is gone too. The rose plant is such a nice gesture and should give all of you hope! Good luck to Melissa on he job search

:grouphugyay:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning everyone! I am up early and listening to the rain, it is pouring out there!! DH is still in bed and catching up on his sleep. He is awake at 5:30 everyday, so it’s nice that he is still snuggled under the blankets and softly snoring. Our flu shots went well and were painless, don’t even have a tender arm this morning. We opted out of having the Covid vaccine as they did not have the Pfizer one, so we will wait until the 18th to get that one. I had to wait until the bank opened before I could go and get my eggs, they only take cash and I had none. Then all the way out of town to the farm, which seemed to take forever!! The traffic here on a Friday is just unbelievable!! Seems the world has found our quiet little island and the population has exploded! Today will be grocery shopping and running a few other errands, but it’s raining so hard all day today, so not much else will get outside in the way of cleanup. The backyard is full of all the leaves from our neighbours trees and it seems like the leaves only fall into our yard :banghead:, I am sure that is not true, but it sure seems like we do a lot of raking! So I hope to do a bit of scrapping today and some work on my calendar. It will be a good day to just stay inside and keep warm and dry!

@faerywings - How nice that you are getting a sunny weekend for a change! I bet the sunshine felt so good on your hike yesterday! That’s too bad you scared the ducks away, but hey it’s hard to walk quietly when the ground is covered in crunchy leaves and twigs! Your butternut risotto looks amazingly delicious! I bet that Caitlyn really appreciated the comfort food! Hope that things are better for her next week at work! Don’t over do it with the raking, but do enjoy the sunshine and fresh air while you are out there!

I really need a second cup of coffee and then I have to get my grocery list started, so I hope that all of you lovely ladies have a wonderful Saturday! :cowwaving:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Happy weekend my lOves! After eight weekends in a row of rain, looks like we will have sunshine on both days. :sunout:

I had an extremely productive day yesterday and most of it was done for *me.* Shocking, right? :D I did all of my morning /housework stuff first and then right after lunch, I went on a hike. It was gorgeous and peaceful. The trees are past peak here but the blue sky and sunshine made it worthwhile. I was aggravated with myself at one point. I didn't realize how loud I was walking and scared off 25-30 Mallard ducks. They were swimming around where the beaver lodge is and when they heard me they all flew off. :( I tried to go around to the other side on my way back and got a glimpse of a few swimming behind the tall grasses.
After I got home, I spent the rest of the day in the kitchen. I knew that Caitlyn would appreciate some comfort food after a long, hectic week. I made Apple Fritter Bread and Roasted Butternut Risotto. OMG, I could have eaten both of them in their entirety they were so good. The risotto was incredible. Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto
I used white arborio rice because I didn't have short-grain brown rice and it was perfect. I'll keep my eyes open for short-grain brown rice to go on sale and make it again.
I set aside some of the apple chunks to give to the rats- which they gobbled up. ♥

After the FP this morning, I don't have anything on my schedule. I took some pictures (rats and trees *G*) that I want to scrap. I should probably get some more raking done too since it won't be too cold this afternoon.

Enjoy the day and don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight
YUM! Thanks for the recipe link! I saved it as a pdf so I can make it AFTER I get back to normal hand usage, lol!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Yes! I see lots of gorgeous siggies and avatars for the new month and season too. I love it!
Hehe, I am very happy to hear that my ratio of helping vs hurting you with the days and dates is on the positive side. LOL!!!
Did you have a more normal schedule yesterday? Good luck tomorrow, I know you always have a rough time adjusting with the clock changes :hanging:

@taxed4ever Hope you did well with the flu shot and had no side effects. I missed your LO on Facebook, my feed is nothing but ads and suggested pages. *grumbles*

@vickyday Yes, some of the students Caitlyn deals with are very much entitled. One father that she had dealt with before called to complain about when the Registration window opened up. That isn't set by her or her department. He demanded to speak to her supervisor who also had no say in the times. Then he complained about how much he was paying the school (same as every other student- it is called *tuition*) and threatened to pull his daughter out. Then acted shocked when the Dean of Students "didn't stop him." Literally- he said, "You aren't going to stop me from pulling her out of school?"
At least that exchange had me and Cait cracking up. :rotfl:
I hope that you get an earlier appt with the spine dr but I have this feeling that Dec 14 will be here before we know it.
I am so happy that the Ozempic is working so well. My brother is on it and has lost 25 lbs.
Argh about the EHD! Good thing that dinner with Ilene will take your mind off any computer issues for a while.

@Cherylndesigns So nice to hear that your temps are warming up. Sometimes (and I mean *sometimes*) it feels good to be all cozy and bundled up. I am sure being overtired is contributing to feeling cold. Sam is the funniest cat, I can't believe he knows how to open the door handle. Actually, I 100% do believe it, he's a tricky kitty!
Are you all going to visit Chuck today? Any news on when he'll get sprung?

@pachimac Give your brother a hug from us for finishing chemo. I hope that the cancer is gone too. The rose plant is such a nice gesture and should give all of you hope! Good luck to Melissa on he job search

:grouphugyay:
WOW! Some parents.......need to turn in their parenting badges! But I got a kick out of his comment to the dean! The dean was probably thinking, like father, like daughter and good riddance! :giggle4:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning everyone! I am up early and listening to the rain, it is pouring out there!! DH is still in bed and catching up on his sleep. He is awake at 5:30 everyday, so it’s nice that he is still snuggled under the blankets and softly snoring. Our flu shots went well and were painless, don’t even have a tender arm this morning. We opted out of having the Covid vaccine as they did not have the Pfizer one, so we will wait until the 18th to get that one. I had to wait until the bank opened before I could go and get my eggs, they only take cash and I had none. Then all the way out of town to the farm, which seemed to take forever!! The traffic here on a Friday is just unbelievable!! Seems the world has found our quiet little island and the population has exploded! Today will be grocery shopping and running a few other errands, but it’s raining so hard all day today, so not much else will get outside in the way of cleanup. The backyard is full of all the leaves from our neighbours trees and it seems like the leaves only fall into our yard :banghead:, I am sure that is not true, but it sure seems like we do a lot of raking! So I hope to do a bit of scrapping today and some work on my calendar. It will be a good day to just stay inside and keep warm and dry!

@faerywings - How nice that you are getting a sunny weekend for a change! I bet the sunshine felt so good on your hike yesterday! That’s too bad you scared the ducks away, but hey it’s hard to walk quietly when the ground is covered in crunchy leaves and twigs! Your butternut risotto looks amazingly delicious! I bet that Caitlyn really appreciated the comfort food! Hope that things are better for her next week at work! Don’t over do it with the raking, but do enjoy the sunshine and fresh air while you are out there!

I really need a second cup of coffee and then I have to get my grocery list started, so I hope that all of you lovely ladies have a wonderful Saturday! :cowwaving:
I know what you mean about the leaves! I think that is another one of Murphy's Laws, lol! Enjoy your day scrapping!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Saturday Morning!
We ended up not going to Ilene's last night. We asked for a raincheck. We just were not up to it. The new dose of Ozempic had Mark's stomach saying he couldn't eat much throughout the day and mine was having an IBS day. We will try for next Friday instead.

I spent most of yesterday catching up on my monthly review pages using Anna's products. I worked on September and October, finishing up October's this morning. I had to make myself stop on October's as I went crazy going through my fall stash!

Today I need to get some laundry done. My back has been better the last couple of days, so hopefully I don't mess that up!

HAGD :spinningchair::waving1

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning.

I can't be very long. Roger got home yesterday and we're going to Nancy's at 11:30 for lunch. Today is meatloaf day. He wants to take some meatloaf to Chuck afterwards. We thought that food from Nancy's might taste good to him. Our friend Aly wanted to go see him, so we took him another malt last evening. He really perked up when she walked in. He told me that he was ready to come home! Of course, there won't be any doctors in there all weekend, so that discussion probably won't be until next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Chris @faerywings I honestly think my chill the other night was stress related. I could not get warm until I put that big fuzzy sweatshirt and the matching pants on. I was SO glad I had them. Now I want one more set, just in case. I got this one at our local dept store, but I found the brand on Amazon.

We might go to a local art fair this afternoon - it's open until 4, so I'm sure we'll get there eventually.

I'll try to get back in after I get home later. Hugs to all. XOXO

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
A little late getting in here this AM. Worked on a couple of CT LOs then checked my challenge and commented. I spent part of the day yesterday making a FB avatar and changing my cover photo. The avatar can't be edited or cropped . Oh, well... it will only be up there for about another week...

It is warmer today and should be about the same until Tuesday when another cold front comes in. It was warm enough last night that I had to change from winter PJs to a long nightgown. Doing the cold/warm/cold all day yesterday and into the evening. Dressing layers so I can cope with how my body is feeling... on, off, on.

Heard from my niece... they made it to Nashville, Tennessee and did a couple of tours to Opryland and museum. Then they will be on their way to east coast. Always glad to hear how their trip is going. DD#1 called - they are back from Chicago. But she came down with a bad cold the day they got back.

The hands are cold and are saying "enough typing" so going to hop in the shower to see if that gets them warm again. CYL

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
LOVE your new avi, Kay @BrightEyes . SO glad you heard from your niece - it's always wonderful to hear that our family is safely o their way. Glad it warmed up for you. Adrienne and I were out and about all afternoon and it was SO nice. It was in the low 70's.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Sunday After the Clocks Changed Back.
20085121.png

I have no idea if this truly makes a difference, but I heard a doctor on the radio say that getting as much sunshine as you can today will help reset your brain to be ready for sleep tonight. She added that sunshine, fresh air, and exercise all help as well as any light therapy lamps. Guess what I sat next to this morning and will do sporadically throughout the day? You know it, I got my therapy light on full strength LOL

I spent more time outside raking up the leaves yesterday and have plenty more to do today. I ran out of time for scrapping but maybe I can get my act together this afternoon. One of the reasons I ran out of time was that I spent a bunch of time with the rats. I had popped into Caitlyn's room to give them treats and she was just about to clean out their cage. She asked if I wanted to keep an eye on them while she did that -- of course I did! They burrowed into my sleeves and didn't want to come out. Pigeon kept licking my armpit -- that tickled! :giggle4:

I have to get ready for the week ahead and tidy my office. Then I can scrap :D

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@taxed4ever It surprised me to see you post in here on a Saturday but when I read that it was pouring rain, it made more sense. :p
I am glad that you didn't have any reaction to the flu shot, *fingers crossed it is the same when you go back for your Covid one*
Did you get any scrapping done?
And yeah, it feels the same to me that everyone's leaves blow into my yard but in reality, its because we are downhill. Every yard on my side of the street is covered while the other side's yards are clear. Does that make me feel any better? Not a chance :hahano: :D

@vickyday The recipe was a decent amount of work and unless you buy the squash precut, you will need both hands in very good shape for dicing up the squash. We had leftovers last night and it tasted just as good as before.
LOL--
like father, like daughter and good riddance!
Oh yes, they definitely had that "Do you know who I am?" vibe!
How are you and Mark feeling today, any better? Please tell me that you didn't overdo it carrying the laundry around!

@Cherylndesigns I bet that Chuck is counting the minutes until Monday morning when he can ask (demand?! LOL) to go home. It's such a relief to hear that he is asking for food and enjoying company even if it's in small doses.
Sometimes building a cocoon out of blankets and/or fuzzy clothes is what you need to feel "safe" again.

@BrightEyes Your avatar here is very cute! Enjoy the warm-ish weather while it lasts. It is going to be mild the next few days and then back to being cold, which is why I am pushing myself with the leaves. One thing I hate is getting all sweaty when it freezing outside. An overheated body and freezing hands and face make me :crazy:
That's great news that your niece is finishing up the journey with no other issues!

@bcgal00 Welcome back!!!! Your photos on FB looked incredible. What a mess on the trip back home :(
I am beyond thrilled for you that everything is going forward with the move. So many good vibes coming your way!!! :sparkles1:

@LSlycord how are you doing too? we miss you!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. All the clocks were changed last night except for the one hanging on the wall over the door to the pantry. Have to climb on a stepladder to reach it. Think I will wait until someone else is here and have them do it. No point in taking chance by climbing on a stepladder. Actually falling-back in the fall is much easier on my body/mind than springing forward in the spring.

@faerywings I was thinking of you and hoping you had pulled out your therapy light. I remember when we lived on Long Island, NY - there was so much less 'daylight' there. Sorry that all the neighbor's leaves blow into your yard. What a chore it is to have to rake leaves several times until the trees are bare. The good thing is that you have the woods to put them in... no bagging! Oh, I can't imagine letting the little rats run under your shirt and into your armpits!!! EEEEK!
Thanks for the heads-up that the recipe calls for alot of chopping - not up to doing that yet! It sounds delicious. DS#1 and wife left a big bag of white arborio rice here. So, I am on the lookout for recipes that call for rice. DD#1 had bought me a small rice cooker this spring when she was here so it is easy to cook rice. Hmmmm... rice pudding sure does sound nice!

@taxed4ever Wish you could send some of that rain my way. Sorry it kept you and DH inside on the weekend. So happy you didn't have a reaction to your flu shot.

@bcgal00 What a mess on getting back home from the trip. Glad you were able to do the digital paper signing on the sale of the house. You are going to be so busy getting the move done - but happy that you will be in the new house prior to Christmas.

@Cherylndesigns I can just imagine Chuck prowling around his room and wanting to be home already. Sounds like he is well enough to be home tomorrow. It will easier and harder when he is there. Let the girls come up and give you a break some during his recovery time.

I am trying to plan ahead to be caught up on CT stuff so I can relax and enjoy the week that sis will be here over Thanksgiving holiday. Really hoping the weather will cooperate when she is traveling back and forth.

Hope to get the :laundry: done today. Then will kick back and read this afternoon. HAGD

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@taxed4ever It surprised me to see you post in here on a Saturday but when I read that it was pouring rain, it made more sense. :p
I am glad that you didn't have any reaction to the flu shot, *fingers crossed it is the same when you go back for your Covid one*
Did you get any scrapping done?
And yeah, it feels the same to me that everyone's leaves blow into my yard but in reality, its because we are downhill. Every yard on my side of the street is covered while the other side's yards are clear. Does that make me feel any better? Not a chance :hahano: :D

@vickyday The recipe was a decent amount of work and unless you buy the squash precut, you will need both hands in very good shape for dicing up the squash. We had leftovers last night and it tasted just as good as before.
LOL--

Oh yes, they definitely had that "Do you know who I am?" vibe!
How are you and Mark feeling today, any better? Please tell me that you didn't overdo it carrying the laundry around!

@Cherylndesigns I bet that Chuck is counting the minutes until Monday morning when he can ask (demand?! LOL) to go home. It's such a relief to hear that he is asking for food and enjoying company even if it's in small doses.
Sometimes building a cocoon out of blankets and/or fuzzy clothes is what you need to feel "safe" again.

@BrightEyes Your avatar here is very cute! Enjoy the warm-ish weather while it lasts. It is going to be mild the next few days and then back to being cold, which is why I am pushing myself with the leaves. One thing I hate is getting all sweaty when it freezing outside. An overheated body and freezing hands and face make me :crazy:
That's great news that your niece is finishing up the journey with no other issues!

@bcgal00 Welcome back!!!! Your photos on FB looked incredible. What a mess on the trip back home :(
I am beyond thrilled for you that everything is going forward with the move. So many good vibes coming your way!!! :sparkles1:

@LSlycord how are you doing too? we miss you!
My back hurt just a bit after the laundry but I was a good girl and rested it in the recliner the rest of the evening.
Mark was feeling better yesterday. My IBS has kicked in so I'll have to deal with it for a few days.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
:beatingheart: Morning, all. All the clocks were changed last night except for the one hanging on the wall over the door to the pantry. Have to climb on a stepladder to reach it. Think I will wait until someone else is here and have them do it. No point in taking chance by climbing on a stepladder. Actually falling-back in the fall is much easier on my body/mind than springing forward in the spring.

@faerywings I was thinking of you and hoping you had pulled out your therapy light. I remember when we lived on Long Island, NY - there was so much less 'daylight' there. Sorry that all the neighbor's leaves blow into your yard. What a chore it is to have to rake leaves several times until the trees are bare. The good thing is that you have the woods to put them in... no bagging! Oh, I can't imagine letting the little rats run under your shirt and into your armpits!!! EEEEK!
Thanks for the heads-up that the recipe calls for alot of chopping - not up to doing that yet! It sounds delicious. DS#1 and wife left a big bag of white arborio rice here. So, I am on the lookout for recipes that call for rice. DD#1 had bought me a small rice cooker this spring when she was here so it is easy to cook rice. Hmmmm... rice pudding sure does sound nice!

@taxed4ever Wish you could send some of that rain my way. Sorry it kept you and DH inside on the weekend. So happy you didn't have a reaction to your flu shot.

@bcgal00 What a mess on getting back home from the trip. Glad you were able to do the digital paper signing on the sale of the house. You are going to be so busy getting the move done - but happy that you will be in the new house prior to Christmas.

@Cherylndesigns I can just imagine Chuck prowling around his room and wanting to be home already. Sounds like he is well enough to be home tomorrow. It will easier and harder when he is there. Let the girls come up and give you a break some during his recovery time.

I am trying to plan ahead to be caught up on CT stuff so I can relax and enjoy the week that sis will be here over Thanksgiving holiday. Really hoping the weather will cooperate when she is traveling back and forth.

Hope to get the :laundry: done today. Then will kick back and read this afternoon. HAGD
I "inherited " a rice cooker when Mark and I got married. I love It! Love your new avian! And you definitely made the right decision to stay off the step ladder!

bcgal00

Good morning ladies. I fell asleep on the couch around 8 last night, then woke up at 11 and went to bed, only to wake up at 2 and watched tv for 4 hours, finally falling back asleep until 9. Now I have to throw some clothes on and go get the dogs in 15 min. So happy to finally be getting them home.

Enjoy the day. I think I'll get a page scrapped this afternoon as I load photos. Then some paperwork (thats what I get for not getting my taxes done on time, now I have to scramble to make sure it gets done before we move). Serves me right for procrastinating.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good morning. I'm so confused with the time change. Because I feel nothing. I think all of our clocks changed automatically except a big on in the living room. It's a manual clock so I need to move the clock hands. It normally effects me, but I feel nothing. :cheer:

Chris @faerywings I never responded to your comments about the cat opening the door. I thought I'd get back on here, and never did. He's a smart one, that Sam. We have a little "inset area" between the two bedrooms and I have my long chest thing (think credenza) but it's white with wicker drawers. Anyway, he sits on that and my door handle is just at the perfect height. He found out, early on that he could flip that and then figured out if he flipped it hard enough, it would open. I try to keep it locked if he's in for the night, but the one night I didn't, he got it open and just strolled right in. :cool::floorlaugh:

So, last night, I'm scrapping and he comes over and starts rubbing and rubbing and "talking" to me. I knew he wanted something - he led me right to his food bowl and it was empty and he had even turned it upside down. We have to feed him on top of the dryer so the dog(s) won't get his food. I felt so bad and while I was filling his bowl, he really gave me "what for:", He's a funny guy. You know I have "kitty bells" on all the doors and I taught him to "ring" them and he actually does if we're not paying attention and he needs to go out. He also rarely uses his litter box - he goes outside like a dog. He'll use it if the weather is so bad that he can't get out for a day or so. How cool (but strange) is that?

Yes, Chuck is ready to get out of there. Adrienne and I took him some food from Nancy's yesterday. He's usually ready for us to leave after about an hour. He always says "I love you guys and I know you love me, but I'm ready to take a nap now". I'm sure that's how he'll be when he gets home. I just feel like he can do what he needs to do here and at least he'll be home.

Kay @BrightEyes very smart to not get up on that ladder until somebody is there! I was about to attempt it myself, but Ava will be back tomorrow and is coming to get her dog, and I'll have her do it. She doesn't need a ladder. She's tall. Chuck is definitely ready to come home, and the girls will be a big help to me when he does. We have a small house with no carpeting, so he won't have to navigate that. It's 2 bed/2 bath which is perfect for us.

Vicky @vickyday sorry your back hurt after you did laundry. Mine usually does, too. Maybe it's because I extremely dislike doing it. Casey (our housekeeper) keeps telling me she'll come and get it and do it for us, but I just haven't done it. She's going to start doing Adrienne's and Ava's so when that happens, I'll have her do ours, too. She moved and lives really close to us now, so she doesn't have to drive far.

Rae @bcgal00 glad you're back. Looks like you had a wonderful trip.

Hugs to all - Trudy @taxed4ever you'll probably drop in later.

XOXO

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning. I'm so confused with the time change. Because I feel nothing. I think all of our clocks changed automatically except a big on in the living room. It's a manual clock so I need to move the clock hands. It normally effects me, but I feel nothing. :cheer:

Chris @faerywings I never responded to your comments about the cat opening the door. I thought I'd get back on here, and never did. He's a smart one, that Sam. We have a little "inset area" between the two bedrooms and I have my long chest thing (think credenza) but it's white with wicker drawers. Anyway, he sits on that and my door handle is just at the perfect height. He found out, early on that he could flip that and then figured out if he flipped it hard enough, it would open. I try to keep it locked if he's in for the night, but the one night I didn't, he got it open and just strolled right in. :cool::floorlaugh:

So, last night, I'm scrapping and he comes over and starts rubbing and rubbing and "talking" to me. I knew he wanted something - he led me right to his food bowl and it was empty and he had even turned it upside down. We have to feed him on top of the dryer so the dog(s) won't get his food. I felt so bad and while I was filling his bowl, he really gave me "what for:", He's a funny guy. You know I have "kitty bells" on all the doors and I taught him to "ring" them and he actually does if we're not paying attention and he needs to go out. He also rarely uses his litter box - he goes outside like a dog. He'll use it if the weather is so bad that he can't get out for a day or so. How cool (but strange) is that?

Yes, Chuck is ready to get out of there. Adrienne and I took him some food from Nancy's yesterday. He's usually ready for us to leave after about an hour. He always says "I love you guys and I know you love me, but I'm ready to take a nap now". I'm sure that's how he'll be when he gets home. I just feel like he can do what he needs to do here and at least he'll be home.

Kay @BrightEyes very smart to not get up on that ladder until somebody is there! I was about to attempt it myself, but Ava will be back tomorrow and is coming to get her dog, and I'll have her do it. She doesn't need a ladder. She's tall. Chuck is definitely ready to come home, and the girls will be a big help to me when he does. We have a small house with no carpeting, so he won't have to navigate that. It's 2 bed/2 bath which is perfect for us.

Vicky @vickyday sorry your back hurt after you did laundry. Mine usually does, too. Maybe it's because I extremely dislike doing it. Casey (our housekeeper) keeps telling me she'll come and get it and do it for us, but I just haven't done it. She's going to start doing Adrienne's and Ava's so when that happens, I'll have her do ours, too. She moved and lives really close to us now, so she doesn't have to drive far.

Rae @bcgal00 glad you're back. Looks like you had a wonderful trip.

Hugs to all - Trudy @taxed4ever you'll probably drop in later.

XOXO
I dream of having a housekeeper, but I can't afford it! I might could if I didn't HATE cooking and didn't love eating out, lol!
I wore my back brace to church today so I could have the ice packs. It definitely helped. Wednesday night I was miserable and squirmed the whole service.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I fell asleep on the couch around 8 last night, then woke up at 11 and went to bed, only to wake up at 2 and watched tv for 4 hours, finally falling back asleep until 9. Now I have to throw some clothes on and go get the dogs in 15 min. So happy to finally be getting them home.

Enjoy the day. I think I'll get a page scrapped this afternoon as I load photos. Then some paperwork (thats what I get for not getting my taxes done on time, now I have to scramble to make sure it gets done before we move). Serves me right for procrastinating.
So glad to see you back even if sporadically between now and moving!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Good morning Ladies!! I got up early to get a handle on laundry before Mass as I didn’t have any good Clean clothes to wear today! I’ve been doing everyone else’s laundry and leaving mine until last as I have a lot that doesn’t go in The dryer. I had Meli help me last week and she put my fave winter shirt in the dryer and shrunk it, so I took back laundry.

I really enjoyed this week’s art journal
Challenge and chose to do it with Ona’s 4 part template. I already did weeks 2 and 3 because I knew the prompts so I only need to do week 4. I really love how it’s turning out!!!!

Meli had a breakdown this week as she realized job hunting means play time is over. She is so afraid that she will not get a job and she’ll be stuck with no job and no school. She getting a taste of adulting and she doesn’t really like it. She’s got grow up and accept it - it’s hard to let them go as a parent but I have to not fix this for her.

I am healing well. I had my 2 week follow up and he released me to exercise but cautioned me that this is a 3-6 month saga from start to finish and just because I feel well doesn’t mean I’m healed yet. The 10 lbs of water weight I gained is now gone so I can get back to losing real weight again

Off to Mass and family game day.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Oh, and my brother will be finished with his cancer treatments on Thursday!!!!!! Then we wait…

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I dream of having a housekeeper, but I can't afford it! I might could if I didn't HATE cooking and didn't love eating out, lol!
I wore my back brace to church today so I could have the ice packs. It definitely helped. Wednesday night I was miserable and squirmed the whole service.
Oh, it's wonderful Vicky. We rarely eat out, but I hear you on that expense. I wish I could have her every day! We started having them several years ago - they do the deep cleaning, and we can keep up with the rest of the stuff. It's SO worth it! Ours cleans for all three of us (Adrienne one day and Ava and I both, on another day). Adrienne's house is 5,000 sq. ft. so it's an all day job.

Glad you wore your back brace today and it helped.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
One more load and the laundry is finished!!! Yea! Glad to have it done. I did hold back the maroon sweatpants and top and will wait until I have another maroon set or other reddish items to wash as they tend to bleed into the water.

I decided to get my hair cut this week sometime. It is really getting too long to do a 'wash-n-wear' style. I looked back at some of the hair styles I have worn in the past few years and settled on a style I like. This is a really easy style to keep and maintain.

Kay - Avatar.jpg
Yes, I changed my avatar so I will get used to seeing it. :rotfl: I needed to snap a photo of it so I could show the stylist what I want. Took a few minutes to figure out how to pull it up on the computer then use my phone to take the photo. I am still fumbling around with the new phone as it is so different from my old one!

Dryer is buzzing at me... GTG