Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, September 20

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
*pries open eyelids*
I have no idea what weird dream I had going on at 4 am but it woke me up in a panic. Then I could not fall back asleep. Part of that is cuz its freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggggg. So. Darn. Cold. I love that W lets me snuggle her, she is always toasty warm but this morning it didn't help that much. I guess having a nightmare and frozen toes kept me from falling back asleep. I am pooped out.

How was everyone's weekend?
Yesterday was another surprise visit, this time from my parents. But the lists are working, I got everything done that I wrote down. My list for today is ready to get worked on as well. I am feeling pretty darn good. I know that I'm going to have to stay on top of it but for now I am happy with myself. What a change ;)

Scott got back home last night around 8 pm, it was a really long drive but he said that the trip overall was fun. Looking forward to hearing some of the stories tonight at dinner. He and Leah were fantastic at keeping in touch with us, really helped to know that they were ok.
My day is going to be mostly filled with party prep. I was hoping to have it outside for safety reasons but Cait thinks that since we are all vaccinated, inside should be fine. It is much easier on me to have it inside over outside. My basement/back door is terrible to navigate so I have to go out the front and around the back carrying all of the food/plates etc. Instead, I am going to set up the patio with some chairs and a table so if anyone is feeling uncomfortable being inside around people they can sit on the patio. If the weather is chilly, we even have the patio heater that was rarely used because the patio was covered with snow all winter. (blech, snow, pfft)

Here is a photo of the gnomes:
20210919_111643.jpg
They still need a bit of work but I think they are kind of cute.

xoxoxo!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Kay- Any improvement on the computer issues? Hope that SIL was able to figure out what the heck happened. Any chance it was update-related? Windows showed it needed updates three days in a row and each day I updated and restarted even though I had done it already. I know that updates and your computers tend to not go so well.
Glad that you are keeping busy with your inventories!

@tanteva What was the final number of LOs you did yesterday? You must be reading a really good book.

@bcgal00 Good for you on realizing that you are ready to quit and enjoy being retired. So the time frame would be in about 12 months? Is your back doing ok with the extra hours of desk work? Remi sounds like she is just a bundle of love and energy. She has to be getting close to a year old. It was around the holidays that you adopted her right? Right after?
Is AHS's latest season airing? If it is the new one, how is it?
(sorry, soooo many questions!)

@felis It has to be difficult for you and your mom to talk about her childhood house if it had so many sad memories for her. I would love to see some photos of it before and after you redecorate., if you do that.
I tend to be very unsentimental about objects and my mom is extremely sentimental. I have a few things that belonged to my grandparents, but a lot of the stuff is in my attic.
One thing that I did when the kids were little and would draw me pictures or make something for me, was that I took pictures of it before I tossed it out. At the same time, I have a bunch of fake roses that the kids bought for me at the elementary school holiday bazaars on my desk so maybe I am more sentimental than I thought :D
I would love to try and make home liqueurs- In fact a few hours ago, I pinned a recipe for homemade limoncello!
We bought cheap Irish cream, and citron vodka. And a bottle of triple sec. All for $45. A single bottle of Bailey's would have been the same amount :D

@Cherylndesigns OMG, that is hysterical that Ava was there when you read my post! Tell her that I knew she would make sure that you behaved.
How nice that you got out of the house too, even better that you found some nice chairs. Caitlyn and Scott have some crazy high-end office chairs that they found on the side of the road too. Scott's needed to have one small part in the pole that makes the chair height go up and down- whatever that is called haha! -- replaced but other than that, they were in perfect condition.
Oh, I re-read that- they were in a store lot. I hope my family isn't the only side of the road pickers. *blushes*
I can't wait to meet the new cowboy skeleton! I took off Braxton's summer clothes and now we have to get him ready for the party. Yes, he will be wearing a party hat

Eva.
Oh.
My.
God.
Why did I never think to google skeleton names??? I am going to have to share this with Gary. We have three skeletons on the roof right now (the ones Ava saw on FB) and one sitting in the LR. Not Braxton, he is in the DR. They are all going to need names LOL!

@nancyr It has to be mindblowing to see all of the water damage left from Ida in person. It sure does feel like fall. My allergies agree! We have been having acorns covering the ground for the last few weeks. Is the old wives tale that if there are a lot of acorns, it will be a cold winter? I also saw my first wooly bear last week.

Eva-- I told Gary what you said about your mom and we both looked at each other with an Uh-Oh expression. You should talk to my kids someday about how they feel about Nana getting rid of their toys that were at her house. A few years ago, they celebrated their 50th Anniversary and the grandkids gave a toast. That turned into a *roast* of them berating her about giving away their toys. hooo boy! They are never going to let her live that down.
Protip:
Never get rid of the kids' toys without checking with them first.
Also:
Be prepared for the backlash of never being able to throw out any toys (like the ones in my attic) or empty boxes (like in Eva's closet )

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Think I ended up making 5 layouts yesterday. Just posted one of them, posted 2 yesterday & have 2 on HD for "future needs". I have a ton of kits that I need to use a 2nd time before I move them out of my CT folder to the designer folders. Trying to work through them.

Love them gnomes! Adorable. I've been meaning to crochet a gnome like those, but I haven't figured out what to use to make them heavy.

Urban is home from work today. Feeling a bit under the weather. Of course I start to feel a bit frozen and tired as well. I'm such a hypocondriac. LOL

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... a sunny morning, but looks like lots of clouds moving in shortly. I had a busy day yesterday, got all my house cleaning done, except for the one bathroom. I will get that done today. Will start cleaning the tile on the fireplace today too. We both spent some time researching just what we needed to get going on this fireplace re-do and I think that we already have everything on hand in the way of supplies. DH did a bit of yard work and got the soaker hoses all put away and a couple of the large pots of petunia's got dumped and cleaned up. Sad to see them go, but they are all blossomed out and not looking so good. Still have two big pots left, but they are still looking nice, so they can live for a bit longer. DH cooked us up a couple of amazing steaks last night on the BBQ, melt in your mouth Beef Tenderloins OMG they were so good!! I have had a quick chat with Heather this morning, she is off on her scooter to cast her vote for the election. DH and I will do our voting when he gets off work. Hope the polls are not too busy! What a stupid time to hold an election, but maybe we will see some good changes come of it??

@faerywings - You are doing so well with your to do lists!! Those gnomes are just amazing, so cute!!! I adore the one with the orange curly beard!! You are so talented!! Sounds like you will be all prepared for the big party day! With everyone vaccinated you should be ok all being inside. Darn the cold weather on your poor feet! I have noticed my raynauds getting worse with the cooler evenings too, its such a PITA!! Hope you have a much better sleep tonight!

@tanteva - Hope you and Urban are feeling better soon and that its just a cold and not anything else! Getting 5 layouts done is amazing! It would take me weeks to do that LOL.

@bcgal00 - I am happy to hear that you are ready for retirement! I retired a few years back and I sure don't miss working! Although I must say that I find I am no where near as organized and wonder how I got so much more done when I was working full time LOL. It is nice though to have lots of free time! Not sure what will happen when my DH finally pulls the plug, he always keeps me busy, but he knows when he has asked too much of me and will disappear for a few hours LOL. Hope you can enjoy a warmer dryer walk this morning!

@felis - I am not so sentimental about keeping a lot of things that were my parents, unless they held a lot of meaning for me. I only have a few things that were my mother and fathers and those few things are very precious. Sometimes it is just stuff and I don't think that is healthy to keep a bunch of stuff, it just becomes a burden. But that is just my humble opinion. It would be nice for you to have a more modern looking home to live in, but still keep the things that are the MOST precious to you for sure. I will have to remember to take a before photo of the fireplace for you felis!!

@BrightEyes - Oh dear more computer woes! They really are a pain! It will be great when everything is up and running again for you!

@Cherylndesigns - Glad to hear that you were feeling well enough to get out for a bit. Great shopping for the chairs! I sure could use a new computer chair, but first need to get a new kitchen table and chairs set. Hmmmm, perhaps that will be something I can search for on line today LOL.

@nancyr - Great that you and Luther have been getting out for walks! Yes the power of water is an amazing thing, so scary how much damage it can do! Nice to see the geese, we have lots here that are flying in their V shaped pattern, perhaps thinking of getting going down south. Try not to step in all the goose poop LOL.

Ok I better get this last bathroom cleaned and then get busy cleaning the fireplace tiles, sure would love to get this project done before Thanksgiving!! Have a great day ladies!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Son-in-Law#1 tried to get 'my' monitor to work with my computer but no dice....monitor wouldn't turn on no matter what he tried. But now, I am doing a happy dance.... son-in-law was able to get the 'other' monitor working and got it to work when he cabled the monitor to the computer. No new cable needed either. I had moved that other monitor into my craft room when it wouldn't work with 'my computer. SiL plugged it into an outlet in there and the screen came on!!! Brought it back in here and plugged it into the same power strip - same spot it had been in before when it wouldn't turn on and now it worked!!! And, yes... the power strip was turned as as the computer would turn on but not the monitor. Not sure why it wasn't working in here before ... gremlins, I guess....<<< shrugging shoulders >>>. He was a mystified as I was - but at least now I have access to my digi-scrapping supplies/software. DD#1, SiL#1, DD#3 and I spent most of yesterday visiting and enjoying each other's company. Us gals chatted until 11 PM. DD#1 and hubby will be here until Wednesday morning so I won't be back to scrapping until after they leave.

The doorbell rang about 11AM today and had a huge surprise when I opened the door... DSon#1 was standing there! He lives in Nevada and was driving through on his way home from a friends reunion on the east coast. He thought he would surprise me and got huge surprise himself when he saw his sister standing behind me! He didn't realize they were here. We got to visit for a short while and take a few photos of us together before he headed on to his home. Couldn't have asked for better timing. Talk about a wonderful surprise all around.
Must say it has been a down then up emotion-wise this week.

Gotta run as they are back and I want to spend as much time with them as possible. Will be back on Wed after they leave. CYL

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hi my lovelies.

Chris @faerywings it was SO funny when Ava read your post. They were still laughing about it last night at dinner. They all take such good care of me/us. I forgot to post a picture of the Crock Jewelry that Braden and Hayden brought me. They all know me so well. And when I posted the picture on Instagram, Alyssa let me know that SHE picked them out. These kids crack me up!! Here's a picture of my Crocks complete with their new jewelry - Braden put them all on for me. How cute are these???

IMG_6297.JPG

Now, here's my cowboy skeleton. Name ideas, please??? Ava got him for me.

cowboy-skeleton.jpg

I love your gnomes, BTW.

Kay @BrightEyes what a wonderful surprise!!! You have to feel blessed to have so many of your loved ones around. But, sorry they can't fix your computer. :(

Trudy @taxed4ever thanks for the good wishes. I'm so much better today that I can't even believe it. I was able to put my hooded sweatshirt on all by myself today - every day, things get a little easier. Chuck keeps reminding me to not over do.

I'd better go and see what other challenges I can do. I did Vicki's Momma O's last night and have done most of the non-designer challenges. Oh, I did AFT's challenge, as well.

Hugs to all.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
@tanteva - Hope you and Urban are feeling better soon and that its just a cold and not anything else! Getting 5 layouts done is amazing! It would take me weeks to do that LOL.

Well, Urban's just got a cold & I only have hypocondria. :) He's probably just got the cold I had last week.

felis

Thank you girls, your opinion really helps me to step back and see the things from different angles! I'm seriously thinking for some improvements and modernization, as my dad told me if grandma was here she probably would want some improvements. If that happens it definitely will take lots of photos (and tears) to remember it as it was. I really like Chris' advise to capture memories in photos not physical. And Eva I have metal box with metal boxes of face cream, and I swear I need all of them, not because they are just so cute, time to time we reused them to split big pack of other products in more comfortable way. Nancy I understand you SO well! Some stuff aren't just a stuff! But Trudy is so right too, I collect not only pretty and functional things, but practically everything. The problem is that my family become a minimalist few years ago and throw away in expedition to more free space and easy cleaning. I say house as that's how we call them here when they are separate buildings, but the size for US standards is more like apartments.
Your posts gives me lots of food for thinking (is that make sense in translation?!), thank you again!

I'm afraid that I don't have what more to share for this day as it was one of these awful lady days when my PCOS make it very painful, I was feeling awful the whole day and spend it at the bed. Much better today and lots of work crossed already, but this is for late post.

Chris love these gnomes, especially the beards!

Kay, your sons surprise is such a cute story it, it warmed my heart!

Trudy, yes please, I take some pics for me! I love renovation projects in general (to watch them not to try, when Fine Living channel closed this was such a disappointment for my family) and your style!

Cheryl, I saw the pics at IG and they are so cute with their Jewelry.

Eva, WOW you are so creative, I'm not made 5 pages in half year :oops::p!

Nancy, geese are one of just a feel birds that I'm able to recognize which put them in my list of favorites :D. Did you take some pics (I'll have to check your gallery)?