Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, October 25

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Monday!! I am in a (relatively ;) ) good mood! I slept until after 5 am! *happy dancing* I am feeling a lot more like myself. I tried to take it easy yesterday. When I was in the shower, I noticed that my lymph nodes weren't just painful they were extremely swollen. I joked to Gary that I didn't have an armpit, I had an arm-pop. hahahaha!! Still swollen this morning but not as bad. I have to get the second dose in a few months and I will not be thrilled if it is worse than the first. No matter what, it can't be as bad as my second COVID vax dose. Did I just jinx myself? *knocks wood*

I did some housework (the dogs destroyed and destuffed their news toys and I will be picking up the fluff for a long time LOL) and started some food shopping prep. I finished the one scrap page and it is cute. Then I did another for a Friday release.
The kids were out so Gary and I heated some leftovers and then watched some TV.

I am going to clean out the supply closet today. I was hoping to do that yesterday and decided against it. After that, who knows? More scrapping maybe, since I am on a roll.

Have a wonderful day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva how are you feeling today?
They were definitely celebrating April 30 in the book, lots of booze!

Kay- you must have been frazzled with all of that email transferring muck. It sounds awful. Gary has suggested that we get a different internet provider and part of the reason we don't is that so much of our email is connected to that service. The other part is that we don't have another reliable provider in the area but god help me when we do :D
You definitely deserved a Do Nothing Day.
Is everyone having bad weather today/this week? We are getting heavy rain today and a possible nor'easter mid-week. I bet the tree guy is going to have to reschedule.

@Cherylndesigns How is your shoulder feeling today, still achy? I wonder if the weather is why my ankle was killing me yesterday? It suuuuuuuucks getting old! Better than the alternative ;)
I know that I should focus more on getting gifts, no waiting until the last minute, not this year. I would imagine that Christmas Trees will be on the hard-to-find list. That is how our attic is and it is fantastic! When we added the second floor to this house, that was a requirement. Our old attic had only one tiny section that had plywood for a "floor," the rest was just beams and tree trunks used as beams. Yes, we have a boulder as part of our foundation and we had trees in the attic. I wish I had pictures of that
Smart of you to not go up there--- you know I would yell at you!
hahaha at Daisy. Little skootch. W gets like that if someone is petting J. Has to nose her way in.

Yippppppeeeeeee @bcgal00 is BACK!
So glad you had a wonderful b-day. We are having an odd fall foliage season too. Hopefully, you got some good pics- have the squirrels been around a lot? Reading the Christmas books will help you get into the spirit. Send some my way, please.

Hugs!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies and happy Monday! Waiting for the winds to pick up here as we have a lovely storm hanging out on the edge of Vancouver Island. So far nothing too serious where we are, but sounds like the North Island is getting hit pretty hard! Hopefully the power will not go out. Yesterday was busy with housework and laundry! We brought in the table and chairs set from the front upper deck and got them safely stored away for the winter. Also brought in the cushions from the set on the downstairs front porch in case the winds got really bad from the storm. I worked on my painting for the Art show and sale and got a couple of T-Shirts made for Christmas gifts. Today I will run out to find a nice cozy sweater for Heather for Christmas and then get these items into the mail tomorrow for the final free shipping day. Started working on a Calendar page yesterday also and hope to get a layout done for the Friday Release. I really need to get some more love out to the gallery too.

@faerywings - Chris good luck with cleaning out your supply closet today, probably a wise choice not to do it yesterday. I have heard that the second shingles vaccine can hurt, but haven't heard too much about anyone being really sick from it. I am not looking forward to having it but we really need to get the darn thing! My Gary and I are on a wait list to get the flu shot, don't know what the hold up is??? I too really have to crack down and get some gifts out to the grands. Isaac and Sadie shouldn't be too hard to buy for they are super happy to have Money LOL. I suppose the next thing is to get my Christmas Cards started too, sheesh it never ends LOL.

Well I am sure I will be hearing from Heather right away, so I will pour myself a cup of coffee before she calls! Have a wonderful Monday everyone, stay dry and warm!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning, ladies. @faerywings Taz is a stinker about destuffing and started to teach Remi...ugh. So I'm only buying a few new stuffies and they only get to play with them for a bit at night while we watch TV (and I can supervise). So night time routine now is that after dinner, we play with squeakies for a hour, then I pick them up and tell Remi they are going to bed for the night and put them in a bin on top of a cabinet. Then I will bring out a few stuffies that they can play with, along with their bones. They can have those until bedtime, when I pick up stuffies and they get put away until the next night.

Today is desk work, maybe some scrapping around lunchtime and of course, Remi playtime, training, bathroom breaks, etc all day long.

@taxed4ever I was wondering how hard you were getting hit with the storm. We had some stronger winds and rain but nothing too major and no power outage. D's Jen lives on the coast and they lost power yesterday and its still out. My Jen was asking if we have a power backup for the phone and tablet, as she does, so that we can get online if we lose electricity and can't plug in. That's a great idea and I'll have to get that. I have a feeling she might want to get that for me for Xmas so I'll not get it right now. Glad to hear your painting is going well, in an art show? That's great!

I'm getting a coffee and need to get to work for a few hours. Have a great day everyone.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I am a bit late getting in here... slept in again today. Going to be a warm day but changes heading our way by mid-day tomorrow. High winds (60+ mph gusts) with rain - and maybe snow in the mountains. My niece is suppose to be here late on Wednesday. She is pulling her RV and heading for AZ. She hopes to spend Thursday here so we can visit. Just hope that the front blows through Amarillo late tomorrow night - she is stopping to there to visit my sister and hope she gets there before the storm hits. My sister just called so am up-to-date on niece's travel plans. Sister got her Madera booster shot this morning.

Been working on getting things transferred from one email server to the new one.... still have to send out changes to contacts but think I will wait to do that later this week. Need to get some scrapping LOs done first. Hard to believe that is only a week until November is here!

Rae, it is so wonderful to have you back with us again.

Trudy, glad you got the balcony furniture stored for the winter and the cushions, etc from the other one stored away. I never pulled the cushions for the patio furniture out this year. But I do need to move a few of the small things to a more sheltered area.

Chris, sorry your lymph nodes are swollen from the shingles shot... I had a couple of mine slightly swollen but that went away in just a couple of days. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Time to get some lunch. CYL

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello Lovely OOOOO's.

It finally cooled off! Does that sound odd that I'm happy? I don't like hot weather at the end of October. I know I told you all that we had our windows all open and the fans on yesterday. Well, about 6 pm the rain came out of nowhere and we were running around closing all of the windows. Chris @that's probably why my shoulder was aching. Probably what's going on with your ankle, too. Now today, it's turned cooler 57 and cloudy right now and it's aching from that. I just put my halter back on. Chuck has to fasten it for me - I can't do it myself. I go back to the ortho Wed and I just told Chuck NOT to let them take it away from me. LOL I don't think they will, but just in case. I KNEW you'd yell at me if you even thought I'd climb up that ladder. It's real sturdy and has handrails on it, but still. Isn't it great to have an attic like that? I never have.

Trudy @taxed4ever hope you don't get that storm. Our "rain" last night turned into a real thunderstorm and boy did it put down the water. It was so deep in the front of our house. When I stepped out on the porch, I stepped in water - it had come clear up on our porch. We were going up to Adrienne's for dinner at 7, and blessedly, the rain let up right before we left to go up there. The whole front of their house was covered with water, too.

Rae @bcgal00 it must be so much fun to watch the dogs. They really do learn from each other. I have a crocheted pumpkin that's up on my credenza and apparently, the cat had knocked it off on the floor. Lily was playing with it. LOL That cat gets into everything.

I'm going to leave you with my "Home Decor" - Sam on my "matching bed". LOL

Home-Decor.jpg

Caro

CHEERY O
Good afternoon, it's raining in LA today...I love it! Didn't do much today except take my son to school and just now picked him up. Driving around in the rain in LA is not fun but now we can snuggle in bed :p

tjscraps

Sunny day here today, it was raining cats and dogs Saturday, a really dreary day. Yesterday was sunny too, so that's nice - and nice it's not snowing yet (it usually does before Halloween).

I saw my mom today after work to sign her new passport application and she gave me my dad's wedding ring (he passed away 2 years ago). She resized it for her pinkie for awhile but got remarried this summer so doesn't feel she should wear it anymore. It means a lot that she'd give it to me. She also got me a necklace with his fingerprint and signature on it, and hers - it's a very neat thing the funeral home did (and then she went and got fingerprinted herself to add to it).

Today was a busy day at work, now just making supper and settling in to scrap hopefully. My inlaws are coming next week so I feel I should clean, but ... eh, it can wait lol

@faerywings I hope your lympnodes settle down!

@taxed4ever Is that the same storm I was seeing on the news with California? I think dh was watching a game or something that was torrential rain with it - it was crazy!

@bcgal00 What kind of dogs do you have?

@BrightEyes Your email saga makes me never ever want to switch servers, ever!!!

nancyr

good evening - OMgosh now that my son is engaged to a woman in another town with an extended family my life has gone from being a home body to busy with family outings. I am not complaining in fact I love it but it is so weird to go from a family with no relatives to being involved with lots of family. I think my DH and I are the oldest even though are kids are the same ages but we waiting a long time before having kids. Also the Devils having been having home games so that too keeps me busy. And my girlfriend's work hours changed so we now walk every day weather permitting. The Devils are winning but against the better teams no so much but still they are winning the games they should. This weekend went to a pumpkin festival I think up by Chris - Haven Hill Farm. It was a lot of fun for the kids. Carnival rides and food and lots of farm animals. Lots of walking. They have an apple cannon which I think they all liked. And the weather was good. Then on Sunday was a brunch for my son's fiancé. It was again in the northern part of NJ at the Ivy Inn. It was delicious. The sisters in law are all so funny. They brought two of the daughters and they were so good. Again I cant say how lucky my son is to be marrying into this family. I went up early to spend some time with the kids and my son was having such fun playing Liam. And they seem to getting more used to me. Can you tell I am smiling? Having been reading a lot of books. Not much scrapping.

@faerywings Chris sorry about the reaction to the shingles and/or flu shots. But since I have had shingles I can say that any reaction is nothing compared to shingles. Are you prepared for our first nor'easter of the year? I was shocked how warm it was today and now we are in a flood warning and rain and wind. Yuck! But all my plumbing problems had solved and it is awesome! Heat is a wonderful thing! Sorry about Scott not having a job. I don't know what town Tom is from but my town is doing the same thing with scarecrows. They are so cool. I passed by one and it spoke and I jumped. Too funny. It makes my town look so festive. One of the streets on my walks is being used in a commercial. Several of the housed have been covered in fake snow. Pretty cool to see but they won't tell us what the commercial is so don't know if I will ever see it. But it has taken most of the week to get all the snow down.

@taxed4ever Trudy that is so nice that your son and his family with be with you over the Christmas holidays. You must be so excited. Sorry that Heather and the boys cant come. Have fun being crafty. Hope your storm is not bad.

@tanteva Eva I love the statement that you were too tired to do English. I am always so impressed by any one how knows more than on language fluently!

Kay wow I cant believe that they told you only had a month to change email servers. That is horrible. I have had the same email for so long I am hoping that it should not happen as long as Apple is in business. Congrats though on being able to figure it out. I don't think my DH could have lol.

@bcgal00 Rae congrats on being back with the team here. I cant wait to hear more stories of the doggies.

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl it seems we had your heat and now I hear the rain falling outside. Hope the shoulder is doing well when you see the doctor!

Waving to all!