Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, May 3

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It is my wonderful hubby's birthday today! (as so it begins, the non-stop celebrations of Faery's family in May and June...) He is officially as old as me today. Too bad that I jump ahead again in less than two months. *wink*
I had big plans on coming back yesterday after the site was down during the morning. That threw my day off mentally and chronologically. My ILs called very early to say that they were coming up to visit around lunchtime so that meant I had to quickly clean the house before they got here. I thought they would come after lunch but it worked out nice this way. It felt great having them in the house and not worry about social distancing and masks. That was a first. It also meant that they stayed longer than I expected- I am not used to socializing at all anymore. It took me almost two hours before I offered them something to drink. [doh smilie]

The weather turned out to be pretty decent and I hoping that it holds on a little longer. I have to get out this morning and scrape red lily beetles off of their favorite food source- my lilies. I can't believe that the plants are infested again and that they are already being eaten- it is so much earlier than the previous years. Climate change hmm..... I did more research on them and the only way to get rid of them is to cut them down or to remove the eggs/larvae by hand which is dis-GUST-ing. I bought an organic pesticide that I can spray on them before they flower and will put more diatomaceous earth down. They are so pretty when they bloom that I hope it is going to be worth it.
These are not "bug-friends" nope, not even close.

Leah is coming up for dinner tonight to help us celebrate. That is about it.
I did finish Gary's card yesterday and am sort of done with Christopher's. Still need to do Dylan's. *sighs* It has been a major first-world problem trying to scrap with only one monitor. I got so spoiled with two. But this computer is still chugging along and that is all I can ask right now. :)

xoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@scrapinmom Lots of photo ops with an on-the-move grandson! He sounds like he is doing really good!

@tanteva that LO is so funny, and things here at the O haven't changed, it still a zoo LOL! Wish I could work in your garden, I would trade you for knitting lessons :D AMD's shop is incredible!

Kay- Great score at the library! Will you actually be able to read 6 books in a week or so? Wow! It takes me longer and longer to read. Hope that your niece feels better so you can visit soon.

@bcgal00 The pups must have had a good time together, is Bella all healed up from the spay?

@LSlycord What a neat idea for a chain for Shaun. Time is flying... My neighbor's DS is graduating here in June and when I asked him if he was counting down - he said "sadly." This kid always hated school so I was surprised. He said that it is a really sad year to be a Senior. Is Shaun feeling the same? Wish there was some way to make it better for them all. HS-ers should have a One-Year Reunion and really party it up next year

@Cherylndesigns How exciting that you might be getting Sam!! (That is if you still want a cat by tomorrow?)
I hear ya about the dogs setting each other off with the barking. J barks at everything and nothing. W has to do what J does. Why can't it be the other way around where J follows W- she is so much better with her training than J.
So proud of Ava for pulling off the wedding plans- is there anything that girl *can't* do?

Eva- hahaha, that is the truth- which is how we ended up with 6 cats at one time.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning!

It's a little dark and dreary here, but the high is expected to be in the low 80's.

Chris @faerywings - I honestly don't think there IS anything Ava couldn't do if she set her mind to it! She's something!! I told her the other day that if he decided to go backpacking through Europe, she could. She said she'd just use the translator on her phone and be fine. Still on the fence about Sam. Adrienne and I are meeting the lady up there tomorrow evening. If I get a strong connection, you KNOW I'll bring him home. LOL It's just been a strange weekend and Chuck wasn't feeling very well - I didn't mention that. That threw me WAY off.

I worked on the Art Journal/Collage challenge last night and I'm about to post my page. I love doing AJ pages - I think the best of all!

Did you get your May free picks from Amazon? I got another book from an author I've read before -"These Tangled Vines" by Julianne Maclean. I like her last book. It's usually safe to go with authors I like.

Waving to all who come later on. Happy Monday.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I'm not going to tell you all just how many hours I spent today just to make one layout LOL
Sometimes the simplest little thing take forever to get "perfect".

Forgot to make and eat lunch. Forgot to do the laundry. Hubby will regret that he encouraged me to start digiscrapping again. LOL

Only have one monthly challenge left to do this month. I'm crazy. It's like zero or 2500%

Made dinner though. Really really yummy. Tofu in the airfryer and made rice and a tikka-masala-kinda-sauce. Hubby is fed and happy. Think I need my daily fix of British crime and knitting.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning, ladies. Busy today with work, dogs and meal planning. Need to get some tax prep done later too, I've been putting it off b/c I hate doing it. It's chilly today, the rain is coming for a few days. Later we'll watch the finale to Falcon and the Winter Soldier after dinner. I've been doing more training now with the dogs and its doing well. I found some youtube videos to watch for training ideas. I find Remi trains very easily and may not need in person training for awhile. I've got a few wks to think it over before deciding if I want to enroll her in the June 1st class or not.

@faerywings Bella is recovered now and was so full of energy at the park yesterday. It was a blast watching all 3 of them play and then join in with about 10 other dogs in the small dog area. She is still fearful of the bigger dogs but does great with the little ones.

@tanteva I've got tofu marinated to put into the airfryer. I've been panfrying so am looking forward to trying it with the airfryer.

I'm getting to work for a bit before playtime and dog training time after lunch. BFN

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I had plans to drop in this morning, but we had a thunderstorm with lightening for a couple of hours... so stayed off the computer while it was going on. High only getting to around 69* so am back in long-sleeve tee and heavier pants. Quite a change from the 84* we had yesterday!!! I was working on a challenge LO but had to quit as soon as I heard the thunder.

Yes, Chris.... I can read 6 books in a week. I don't watch TV except to catch the local news and weather so I have plenty of reading time. I also read whenever I have a meal since I am alone. It all adds up to lots of reading time. I have already finished 2 of the books and halfway through a 3rd. LOL

Had a nice video chat with DD#1 and DSon#1 Sunday afternoon. DS is going to be bowling in Nationals Open Challenge Tournament starting this week! So proud of him. It is being held in his town - Las Vegas, NV - so makes it easy for him to participate. And it was nice to catch up with DD#1 and her family.

Cheryl, so happy for Ava and her new hubby. That girl is a real go-getter. Have they started digging the trenches for the Wi-Fi yet.

Eva, if you and the others keep talking about an air-fryer... I may have to look into getting one. But, then again, I don't fry hardly anything so guess I can do without it.

Rae, so glad to hear that Remi is doing so much better. And how great that she seems to be easy to train.

Uh, oh... I heard thunder again so best shut the computer down. CYL