Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Monday, March 20

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
spring-first-day-of-spring.gif

It's Spring! Officially, that is. Doesn't feel like here. I am with those critters :D

[I have a question-- it just occurred to me, do any of you use or need AltText? I don't think so, as digital scrapping is image heavy by its sheer nature but shouldn't assume. I have been using AltText in some online posts but I still forget most of the time. I am trying hard to be more conscious of that.]

I just took the dogs out and at 24*F it doesn't feel like Spring at all. The forecast says it's supposed to warm up this afternoon but it also said yesterday was going to be around 40 and we didn't get there at all.

Most of my day was with my BFF, although we only were with her mom for 10 minutes or so. What a difference since the last time I saw her last July. :( Usually, she gets all teary when she sees me, "There's my other daughter." This time, nothing like that at all. She said "My two daughters" at one point but with a flat affect. I don't think BFF has any options but it's a difficult decision. We caught up on the kids and jobs and all that good stuff afterward. I wish I could help more than that, I love her. It's hard to watch her deal with this mostly on her own.

I think I am always going to have a hard time with MMM because Mondays are my Get S***Done Days. hehehe. I have a bunch of housework/laundry to do. The grocery store messed up my order again so that has to get fixed. I grab my pick-up spot Friday and add to it as I think of things I need. I should have had until Tuesday night to modify the order, but when I tried to do that yesterday, it was already closed. Do they really think that a couple of cartons of half and half, milk, and bread is my full order? :rolleyes: I'll have to start a second order and tell them to combine the two. That is what I have had to do every other time they have done this. Just silly.

MMM - Me Me Monday - What can you do for yourself today? Bubble bath, manicure, go shopping, read a good book, scrap, etc.

My MMM is going to be trying to get some scrapping for myself done today. If (a very big If) it warms up this afternoon I am going to start clearing the dead leaves off of the lilies and daffodils that are trying to pop up.

HAGD!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@Nonni F UGH! 19" of snow? That's brutal but yeah. at least it doesn't get piled up, dirty, and last for months like it would in January. Sorry that you have to deal with decisions and all of the angry people that go with them. It's the same with the school districts and snow days. You can't win, either way.
Hope you had a wonderful time with the granddaughters. How old are they?

@taxed4ever You know what I always say about yard work and being sore and tired-- it's a "good" sore/tired." :p MIL has pampas grass (or similar) and that stuff is a beast. Who won that battle? If we don't hear from you in the next 12 hours, we are going to assume that you lost and will call search and rescue to get you out. :lol23:
Guess who was in my dream last night? LL. (barf) Just reinforces my feelings that Scott is in a much, much better place now. He is looking fwd to bringing me on some hikes. Cait and Tom are "fighting" over who gets to claim him for the wedding party. Caitlyn wants him as her Maid/Man/Brother/Dude (??) of Honor. I think that would be so awesome.
I keep thinking and hoping that one day they might change their minds about kids but I will be shocked if they did.

@vickyday Even Wonder Woman needs to take a break occasionally :D
Any more pics of the sweater? It sounds like you are almost done.

@bcgal00 I saw a bunch of the animal photos on FB and what a fantastic menagerie ♥ The people too. They must have so many stories to tell about how they rescued them. The cockatoo sounded like he was very good company too.
Oh wow, there isn't much in elder care in Canada? Thankfully both of my parents have long-term care coverage if *knocks wood* they need it. My dad gets his through the Firefighters Association and my mom pays a premium just in case. Thank goodness because BFF's mon's place will be charging $17,000 a month,
I can totally imagine both dogs pouting and Remi wrinkling up her eyebrows. They are too cute! :runningdog:

@LSlycord #cheer1 GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! #cheer1
Have a fantastic first day back at work, you got this!!!
So excited about Syd's upcoming trip! I hope that the flight works out that she has someone with her. If not, she'll be ok.
The way he described the lightning strike simulation felt terrifying to me, I can't imagine witnessing it. :hug2:

xoxoxo!

Nonni F

@LSlycord Welcome back to the first day of the work week. Sigh. I hope your first day goes great.

@faerywings The granddaughters we visited yesterday just turned 15 and 12. We have seven in total. Zach will be 26 in May, Aryana is 21, Dominic is 19, Annabella is 15, Brielle and Nova are 12 and Ronan is 8. I think that's it. I don't see any more coming. Bob Sr started young (in high school) and Bob Jr followed suit when Bob and I first started dating. I was the grandmother who started buying condoms for Zach when he turned sixteen and told him I would dig his grave myself if I was a great grandmother before he was 25. (yup... tough love) But, he's done me proud so far. lol Not that I don't want to be a great grandmother someday but he broke the cycle.

@taxed4ever have you found your way out of the jungle? Should we send help?

HAPPY SPRING, EVERYONE! :hanging:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Happy Spring!
Lest I forget.....my MMM is all about working on my sweater. I started the first sleeve last night (aka this morning at 1 a.m.) and worked on it until about 1:45. I had to pick up stitches around the arm hole first and then got about 10 rows done. This is going to be one heavy sweater! So, I won't be wearing it too much until next winter.....unless this 30* weather hangs on longer! :brrr::brrr::brrr: Here's the picture I took this morning (@faerywings)
IMG_20230320_103731553.jpg

Not much planned for today other than knitting. This is one project for myself that I absolutely WILL finish! I usually start things for myself and get bored with it and end up not finishing it! That's why I am loving this pattern.....easy peasy.....no seaming to do when "done"!

Have a good one!

@LSlycord Hope your first day back to work is a good one! Order take out for supper! ;). Then prop your feet up and breathe a sigh of relief to having gotten the first day over with!

@faerywings One of the reasons I quit ordering pick-up groceries is because they couldn't get it right and the fresh veggies they picked for me were not the fresh ones.....if you know what I mean!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning and happy first day of spring! It is overcast here and 30 but mid day warms up now to mid to high 40's, even dipping into low 50's. But night time is chilly as it still dips below freezing. I don't mind b/c I know soon enough the heat will come and it'll be scorching hot.

I ordered an extra wide metal baby gate from amazon that came yesterday so we attached it to the fence to close off a corner of the yard where the bird feeding station and bird bath is. Taz was often getting sick from eating the bird seed that would fall to the ground so now the dogs can't get in there. The ground is still frozen, only the top inch is thawed so it'll be another month or so until we can pull the feeding pole out of the ground and move it further towards the back so no seeds fall outside the gated area. Taz is really pissed about it. He kept poking and prodding, trying to figure out how to get in there and would stand there with his ears flat. Not happy at all.

Today I'll go for a drive, take Remi and the camera.

@faerywings That is sad about your BFF's mom's decline. We have senior homes here but they are booked up for years and the care is not very good in most of them. D had many care homes in his territory for work (servicing them for cleaning supplies) and he was appalled at a lot of what he saw. His mom had been in a few homes in her later years and it was sad to see how they were neglected. If no family was around to help, I don't know how those poor people get by. Some homes are ok but they are few and far between. I hope I never need one. But the US has much more resources than Canada and the medical support there is far superior to us.

The birds are chirping and Remi is getting restless, time to go feed them. HAGD everyone.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
giphy.gif

Happy Spring everyone! It is a typical Wet West Coast Spring Day here. Yes we are back to the rain, but the temps are nice and mild and my daffodils and crocus are in bloom in the backyard. I really wish I would have planted some tulips in pots in the fall. Yesterday I did survive the daunting task of the Pampas Grass take down LOL. We even cut down a huge box wood that I have been wanting to be gone for a few years now. It was hiding a beautiful little ornamental weeping willow bush and now we can finally get to it to trim it up all pretty and see it from the road. I got my background for the painting done, but I am not very happy with the way it dried, so I think I will attempt to paint over it, the more I look at it the more I don't like it. But then most of the bad parts are going to be covered with a huge sea turtle, so I am really on the fence about what to do!! I got the house cleaning all done and today I only have one more load of :laundry: to finish. I am hoping to get some scrapping done today and that is my MMM for the day!

@faerywings - It is sad for your BFF to have to deal with sad time in her Mother's life! Everything that @bcgal00 said is true, we don't have nearly enough care homes here in B.C. and the majority of the population are Baby Boomers who are putting a strain on the System. All of the good nurses and doctors go to the States where the pay is better. We are sadly understaffed in our Care Homes, Covid certainly did not help that situation at all!! That is why we are hopeful that MIL and FIL can live in their home for as long as possible, the cost of a Half decent Care Home is astronomical. I hope you find some time today for yourself and that you enjoy some much needed scrap therapy!!

@Nonni F - Ha, Ha, yes I made my way out of the jungle!! No scraps or scratches as I was dressed in long sleeves and long pants with my boots on too all ready for battle !

@vickyday - Oh I just love how the sweater is coming along! Love the colour also! I hope you get to wear it at least once before it gets stored away until next fall/winter! Enjoy your day of knitting!

@LSlycord - Hope your first day back to work goes well!! How is Syd's trip planning going, when will she leave? I have forgotten the timeline, but then I forget a lot of things LOL.

@bcgal00 - Good idea to get the gate to keep the dogs from eating the birdseed! Yes before you know it the temps will be soaring in your neck of the woods! The ground will be thawed soon enough! How many sleeps now until you leave on your Cruise? I have loved all of your photos on Facebook! That is quite the menagerie that your friends have!

I am off to the :showering:and will get ready for the rest of the day. Tomorrow I will be hitting the pool very early in the morning, so hopefully it won't be very busy! Have a great day everyone! :waving1

bcgal00

CHEERY O
@taxed4ever Countdown according to my princess app is 26 days 21 hours 40 minutes :)

I miss the spring flowers from the lower mainland. Out here in the semi-arid climate there aren't a lot of flower gardens. They can't survive the heat and drought. There are a few here and there but mostly it is hardy shrubs and cactus type of plants.