CHEERY O
Happy (I hope!) Monday!!
This week is going to be
20028191.png

The rundown:
Time change
Winds gust of 50-60 mph/Real Feel 1*F
Something going on every day this week
And upstairs renovations are full blast!

So much stuff. :thud: All I can hope is that the bathroom work goes quickly and I keep my sanity intact until it's done. Once the bathroom is done, Gary is going to be redoing the floors in Scott's old room/Cait's living room. I'm still trying to figure out what to call it.*G* Cait and Tom finished painting the walls yesterday and it looks wonderful, the color is so nice and soothing. They plan to paint the trim tomorrow. Scott stopped by yesterday on his break and you can see it hit him oddly. He loves what they are doing but it still is "his" room. LOL

My goal was to get organized for the week but I'd say I was only about 50-60% successful. I felt like I was being pulled in a lot of directions-- the dogs were making me crazy. Dogs. Nope, it was A Dog and that dog was Jaida. She wanted to go outside but just to sniff the air. Then she wanted to go outside but it was hailing so she wouldn't go. Plus, I think everyone is at the end of their ropes with the stairs being blocked by the baby gate. Then I'd try to do something on my new phone and had to log in on the apps to do it. It was just one of those days of two steps forward one step back. At least it wasn't one step forward, two steps back :thinking2:

Gary and I are off to see LLMD this morning and I'm dreading it for so many reasons. It's always a long, tiring, and expensive day. The road her office is on is flooded again (She is on the same road that Jaida's surgeon is on so we always seem to be there during floods/road closures lately). I'm glad that I can tell her that I'm still feeling good, no herx/flare/new symptoms at all. Gary is always complicated.
The contractor is going to be here at 8.30 and we have to leave at 9.30. The dogs will be locked in the BR while we are gone, poor girls. I am not sure about Coloring Crew this afternoon. I'd love to go but at the same time, I have so much to do around the house. OTOH, it might be nice to go somewhere quiet heh.

Shoot. I am running very late. Big hugs!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Wait a sec, isn't your niece coming on Wed? You should have asked her to change the clock! :giggle4:
Gotta love the independent (if stubborn) ladies in this group ♥
That's so funny that you watched all of those disaster movies too.

@Cherylndesigns I hope that the weather cooperates so they can put the bench together soon. We all hope that you will enjoy the space and connections to Chuck from us ♥
That's fantastic that you are using the air fryer so much more. It's even better that you are getting your appetite back.

:grouphugyay:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Happy (I hope!) Monday!!
This week is going to be
20028191.png

The rundown:
Time change
Winds gust of 50-60 mph/Real Feel 1*F
Something going on every day this week
And upstairs renovations are full blast!

So much stuff. :thud: All I can hope is that the bathroom work goes quickly and I keep my sanity intact until it's done. Once the bathroom is done, Gary is going to be redoing the floors in Scott's old room/Cait's living room. I'm still trying to figure out what to call it.*G* Cait and Tom finished painting the walls yesterday and it looks wonderful, the color is so nice and soothing. They plan to paint the trim tomorrow. Scott stopped by yesterday on his break and you can see it hit him oddly. He loves what they are doing but it still is "his" room. LOL

My goal was to get organized for the week but I'd say I was only about 50-60% successful. I felt like I was being pulled in a lot of directions-- the dogs were making me crazy. Dogs. Nope, it was A Dog and that dog was Jaida. She wanted to go outside but just to sniff the air. Then she wanted to go outside but it was hailing so she wouldn't go. Plus, I think everyone is at the end of their ropes with the stairs being blocked by the baby gate. Then I'd try to do something on my new phone and had to log in on the apps to do it. It was just one of those days of two steps forward one step back. At least it wasn't one step forward, two steps back :thinking2:

Gary and I are off to see LLMD this morning and I'm dreading it for so many reasons. It's always a long, tiring, and expensive day. The road her office is on is flooded again (She is on the same road that Jaida's surgeon is on so we always seem to be there during floods/road closures lately). I'm glad that I can tell her that I'm still feeling good, no herx/flare/new symptoms at all. Gary is always complicated.
The contractor is going to be here at 8.30 and we have to leave at 9.30. The dogs will be locked in the BR while we are gone, poor girls. I am not sure about Coloring Crew this afternoon. I'd love to go but at the same time, I have so much to do around the house. OTOH, it might be nice to go somewhere quiet heh.

Shoot. I am running very late. Big hugs!!!
BUSY! BUSY! BUSY, you are! Hope things go well at the LLMD!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning Everyone!
We are supposed to have sunshine all week! Each day is supposed to be progressively warmer! Right now it is 40* feels like 34 but going to 59* by 5PM!

I searched all day for DO doctors. I sent emails to 3 and got a response from one this morning. I'm waiting on a call-back from them.....and they accept medicare! Praying this is the one! And they are not too far from me!

I have questions for her since the doctor I found is not accepting new adult patients, but they have other "mid-level providers":
1. What is a "mid-level provider" and how do they differ from the doctor?
2. Do you treat osteoporosis and IBS? How?
And a random question I have since they are called a "Medical Ministry" is whether or not they are a Christian-based ministry. While that would be great, I just want to be "fixed"! ;). She did say they approach treatments through lifestyle change and holistic approach. That is good news because I am looking for someone who is not going to throw a pill at me every time I get sick. And I am slowly working on a lifestyle change. I haven't had anything to drink except water for at least 2 weeks. I've tried to do better with my eating and have added "some" walking to my day when it is doable! Baby steps!

Well, I need to get Mark's laundry started. I didn't do it this weekend because of all the rain we had and backing up the septic tank.

HAGD! :bye2:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... I am sorry I have been very absent from here, but it has been a very trying weekend. I lost my oldest brother on Saturday morning, he is the first of us seven siblings to leave this world and it has hit us all pretty hard! We were comforted to know that he was surrounded by his boys and grandchildren when he passed. Then our sister Pam, who is no longer talking to most of us (for whatever reason?) was making my other sister Wendy feel awful about not going to visit our brother before he passed and she said that our brother's son was all upset because we weren't there. She txt me crying and so I had to contact Chris (my brothers son) to find out if he was ok and that we were sorry that we were not there. Well he told me that he was fine and he wasn't upset at all, he totally understood that we wanted to remember our brother the way he was before he got dementia and that Pam had no reason to make us feel that way. My sister Wendy was furious!! I guess Pam said some pretty hurtful things to her. It is so strange because my sister Wendy is the only family member that Pam talks to anymore. We think she is losing her marbles :crazy:. None of us has no idea why she suddenly won't speak to any of the rest of us. She even blocked me from her facebook and instagram. On the other hand, my phone has been exploding with all of the things for sale for the In-Laws and so there has been lots of phone calls to them for measurements on certain items and lots of people coming to their place to get their purchases. I think that they are overwhelmed with how quickly it all is being sold. So am I LOL. Tomorrow is the house inspection for the house across the street and then as long as that goes well, the place will be officially theirs. Then it will really start to get busy for all of us :bouncing:. I am going on my hike on Wednesday no matter what!! I need to get out and connect with nature again!! Sorry for my ranting,:rantonoff: but I know that you all will understand that I need to vent!

@faerywings - Wow so much happening for you also, nice to hear that the reno is coming along and that the painting is almost complete! I would love to see the colour!! My house could use a fresh coat of paint and it would be lovely to have something that is soothing to look at! I hope that all goes well with your LLMD appointment and that the road is not flooded! My Gary and I spent a bit of time outside in the front garden yesterday, trimming our Hydrangea bush and getting rid of a bunch of winter damage that the heavy snow caused on our Rhodos and Japanese Aralia. DH even got the grass cut before it started to rain again. It sure felt good to be outside and get some dirt therapy!!

@vickyday - I need to get laundry done today also, there was too much going on over the weekend to get that job done. I hope that you get the answers to your questions this morning! I am not sure what a mid-level provider would be?? Perhaps a nurse practioner?? who knows?? We just want you to get fixed too!! :hug3:.

Ok the phone is going crazy again, so I guess I better look at who wants what now. Waving hello to @Cherylndesigns & @BrightEyes and anyone else who pops in here today. I hope you all have a great Monday! :waving3:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. I was late going to sleep (after 11PM) and slept in until 8AM... Yes, I know part of that was due to the time change. At least I don't feel tired and out-of-step today. We actually have lots of sun... but it is right at freezing this morning. I looked out the front window and saw 6 hot air balloons up in the sky! No wind... so they were up flying. Really gave my spirits a boost to see them.

@BrightEyes Wait a sec, isn't your niece coming on Wed? You should have asked her to change the clock! :giggle4:
Gotta love the independent (if stubborn) ladies in this group ♥
That's so funny that you watched all of those disaster movies too.
Yes, my niece will be getting here Wednesday... but they are driving over from Amarillo that day so won't arrive until mid-to-late afternoon. They have to get the motor-home in place at the travel park once they arrive. With all that, I don't think they will be over to visit until Thursday morning. She knows I will be busy part of Wed and is fine with that. You are right, Chris... I should have waited and asked her SO to help with the clock!! I wasn't thinking until after I got it down - and it was taking up space on the kitchen island.

Don't know why I have been on a kick of watching disaster movies lately. Have been looking at international movies on Netflix.. and ended up watching a Norwegian one - "The Wave" on Saturday evening. Yesterday afternoon - while I was cooking the enchiladas sauce and doing laundry - I watched "The Impossible" - based on a real family caught in the massive tsunami in Tailband several years ago. Then for a change of pace - after supper - I watched the first 2 episodes of NCIS. I had missed most of the 1st season when it was first out so glad to see it on Netflix. I don't usually watch a lot of TV but couldn't find a book that would hold my attention. Plus I was up and down with cooking and doing laundry. Really like streaming (and DVDs) so I can pause it as I work and resume it when I am back.

Oh, yes... I did get the enchilada sauce made - and have 2 large containers with enough for when niece is here, when DSon#1 and wife are here plus another 3 smaller batches for me (2 meals in each)... and dinner last night. Still have space in the freezer even with all those containers. dance4

@taxed4ever - So sorry that the one sister is acting so badly. Glad you talked to your brother's son and got the real story from him and he is understanding about others not being there. Yes, you can come here and vent all you need to do! :grouphugyay: Wow, I can't believe how quickly everything is moving on the sale/moving with the in-laws! You are really pulled so many ways all at the same time. Hope you can find some time to relax during all this upheaval!!

@vickyday I am hoping that the DO will work out for you. Not sure what a mid-level care means either.

DD is calling... back later.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all,

Beautiful here and 57 with a high of 68. I just took a screen shot of our highs and lows for the next several days and the next week looks the same. UGH. Will it ever stay at 65 at night for 3 consecutive days???

weather.jpg

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Chris @faerywings I'm sure Scott was a little perplexed. But I'm sure he understands and he has his own home now. Kids are funny like that. I'm sure the new space is going to look beautiful and you're getting some reno's done. Good luck at the doctor today. I know you both always dread that visit.

Trudy @taxed4ever I'm SO sorry to hear about your brother. Even sorrier to hear about the family dynamics. It's crazy, that's for sure. Sounds like things are popping for the IL's though. Yes, when you advertise things on FB Marketplace and other similar venues, they sell fast. Adrienne and Ava sell stuff on FBMP all the time.

Waving and sending hugs to Kay @BrightEyes and Vicky @vickyday and anybody else who pops in and hoping everyone has a happy Monday.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... I am sorry I have been very absent from here, but it has been a very trying weekend. I lost my oldest brother on Saturday morning, he is the first of us seven siblings to leave this world and it has hit us all pretty hard! We were comforted to know that he was surrounded by his boys and grandchildren when he passed. Then our sister Pam, who is no longer talking to most of us (for whatever reason?) was making my other sister Wendy feel awful about not going to visit our brother before he passed and she said that our brother's son was all upset because we weren't there. She txt me crying and so I had to contact Chris (my brothers son) to find out if he was ok and that we were sorry that we were not there. Well he told me that he was fine and he wasn't upset at all, he totally understood that we wanted to remember our brother the way he was before he got dementia and that Pam had no reason to make us feel that way. My sister Wendy was furious!! I guess Pam said some pretty hurtful things to her. It is so strange because my sister Wendy is the only family member that Pam talks to anymore. We think she is losing her marbles :crazy:. None of us has no idea why she suddenly won't speak to any of the rest of us. She even blocked me from her facebook and instagram. On the other hand, my phone has been exploding with all of the things for sale for the In-Laws and so there has been lots of phone calls to them for measurements on certain items and lots of people coming to their place to get their purchases. I think that they are overwhelmed with how quickly it all is being sold. So am I LOL. Tomorrow is the house inspection for the house across the street and then as long as that goes well, the place will be officially theirs. Then it will really start to get busy for all of us :bouncing:. I am going on my hike on Wednesday no matter what!! I need to get out and connect with nature again!! Sorry for my ranting,:rantonoff: but I know that you all will understand that I need to vent!

@faerywings - Wow so much happening for you also, nice to hear that the reno is coming along and that the painting is almost complete! I would love to see the colour!! My house could use a fresh coat of paint and it would be lovely to have something that is soothing to look at! I hope that all goes well with your LLMD appointment and that the road is not flooded! My Gary and I spent a bit of time outside in the front garden yesterday, trimming our Hydrangea bush and getting rid of a bunch of winter damage that the heavy snow caused on our Rhodos and Japanese Aralia. DH even got the grass cut before it started to rain again. It sure felt good to be outside and get some dirt therapy!!

@vickyday - I need to get laundry done today also, there was too much going on over the weekend to get that job done. I hope that you get the answers to your questions this morning! I am not sure what a mid-level provider would be?? Perhaps a nurse practioner?? who knows?? We just want you to get fixed too!! :hug3:.

Ok the phone is going crazy again, so I guess I better look at who wants what now. Waving hello to @Cherylndesigns & @BrightEyes and anyone else who pops in here today. I hope you all have a great Monday! :waving3:
I don't envy you with all you have going on but I'm glad your FIL's stuff is selling quickly!
Yes, she confirmed mid-level providers are nurse practitioners, physician assistants and one other I don't remember. My concern now is whether medicare will cover them.
So sorry to hear about your brother. Prayers for you and your family, especially that your sister will straighten up and fly right, as my dad used to say! :hug2:

Last edited:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Chris @faerywings I'm sure Scott was a little perplexed. But I'm sure he understands and he has his own home now. Kids are funny like that. I'm sure the new space is going to look beautiful and you're getting some reno's done. Good luck at the doctor today. I know you both always dread that visit.

Trudy @taxed4ever I'm SO sorry to hear about your brother. Even sorrier to hear about the family dynamics. It's crazy, that's for sure. Sounds like things are popping for the IL's though. Yes, when you advertise things on FB Marketplace and other similar venues, they sell fast. Adrienne and Ava sell stuff on FBMP all the time.

Waving and sending hugs to Kay @BrightEyes and Vicky @vickyday and anybody else who pops in and hoping everyone has a happy Monday.
:waving1