Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, June 24

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hey hey!! How are the O-zies doing on this fine Monday morning?
No-- I am *not* being sarcastic although I totally get why you would assume that. *wink*

The heat wave broke overnight and the house is quiet, no window ACs droning in the background. Thank goodness. I hope the weather cooperates for the next few days because I would love to spend some time in the yard. It needs some TLC, that is for sure. I was out with the dogs this morning and my coneflowers are *thisclose* to blooming, the hydrangea is blooming, the milkweed will be in bloom this week along with the balloon flowers. Then I will spend all of my extra time watching the bees flying in and out of the flowers with their yellow pollen-y boots. I love them and cheer them on.

The fire building class was really good with one caveat. I stink at building fires. I got four out of the five lit and burning but my technique was not the best. But if it came down to it and I had to build a fire I can get one going. Part of my trouble is that after growing up hearing about fires from my dad, witnessing a few house fires, etc, I was tentative and made mine too small. We were shown how to use hand sanitizer as an accelerant and that freaked me out. LOL And lemme tell you- it was hot! I came out covered in dirt, pine needles, soot, and sweat. Went right into the shower and the water was running down all gross and dirty.
But did I have fun? Uh-huh!! :nod1:

The next class I want to take is Women in the Wilderness in August. I should sign up before there aren't any spots open. As a non-payer, if there is a wait list I don't think they will pick me over someone who is paying.

Who has good plans today? Make it a great one!

A-M

Chris.... Women in the Wilderness sounds very interesting.

I had a good day working at the local Museum/Information centre. This afternoon I spoke to the Manager of our retirement village and he has given me the okay to start a weekly Sing-a-long and Chair Exercise time with the other residents and possibly some of the mobile people from the Nursing Home connected to us. I no longer own the DVDs for the sing-a-longs I conducted where we used to live as I donated them to the Aged Care Facility when I was not able to volunteer there any longer. I have ordered others but they are not the same. For some reason the others are no longer available.

I must remember and each day pop back in here to read what others are sharing. I am now off to get ready for bed. :sleeping2:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Guess what I did? I am officially registered for the Women in the Wilderness course. Hopefully, I can learn to pee in the woods better than I did with making fire :rotfl:
Sorry if TMI :D

@vickyday I am sending you big hugs as you said goodbye to Carolyn :brokenheart:

@MariJ I hope you are getting some of the cooler temps today too

@Celestine What a wonderful visit and weekend you had. It hurts my heart to hear about your elderly furbaby but it seems as if he is getting spoiled to no end. As it should be ♥
My DH has Type 1 diabetes and for as long as we have been together (34 years) he struggles to keep it under control when it is this hot and humid. He is on a pump with the continuous blood meter connected so it's not as bad as it used to be.
That must have been scary that you passed out from the stomach bug. Glad it only lasted 24 hours although I bet it felt like much longer than that.

@BrightEyes I knew your challenge would come together easily, you always have a great sense of how things will fit on your pages. How fun that your Red Hat friend is coming to visit.
Hope that the weather doesn't hurt your joints too much.

@AK_Tracy How often do your grands come to visit? I hope that it's often enough that you get to see them fighting over the blow-up duck again. Or sharing it which would be nice but not as likely Hahaha!

@bcgal00 I love hearing about the wildlife you get to watch. What a way to spend your day. I am not sure if I saw your most recent pics on FB so I am going to stalk your page today.

@mimes1 *fingers and toes crossed for the car financing* The car sounds perfect and the price is a good compromise. I'm throwing the good luck change on the floor.
My Medusa hair won. Not a surprise. LOL
That's interesting that the heat makes Mark's sugar run low.
We need our AC on longer than I'd like also. First because I miss the open windows and fresh air, especially in the morning when the birds are singing, but second because Mark likes it COLD and I wear a parka in the house all summer long.
Yes!!! ITA on all counts. I have two blankets on me when we watch TV and Gray is saying how hot he is.
@Cherylndesigns Staaaaaaap! You are not a bad Daily Ooos member. There is no such thing. Don't make me :spanking:
You will be back to your cheery self soon and everyone needs some time to vent. You know this is a safe space for that.

@JeanneMN Oh wow, so sorry that your area is flooding so badly. Is that unusual? Or worse than usual? In the spring, north NJ had flooding issues where it always has flooding issues but it was worse than normal and closed sections of several highways. That's never fun but just ask @MariJ what NJ highways are like. :angrydriver:

Bwuahahha!!! LMBO at your bedbugs-- do dogs hogging the bed count as that?

HAGD!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@A-M Thanks, I think the women's hiking course is going to be a fabulous experience. No men allowed so no mansplaining to deal with. LOL
What a wonderful thing to do at the retirement center. I imagine that for some of the residents, that is their main socialization. Gary had 3D printed a bunch of hand drums for a woman who ran a music group for dementia patients and she told us a little about what she does. It seems to help get them into the moment. Good luck and have fun!

MariJ

Good morning, oh my goodness for sure NJ Highways are BAD for the most part! They are also where so many people get their viewpoint of NJ and never see the natural beauty here. NJ drivers are bad on highways, but I'd say NY is much worse!
Chris YES! When I woke up 5:15am this morning the house was hot and humid, I was like "HUH?" But, by 6:15 or so a wonderfully crisp and dry breeze is blowing through the windows, hurray. That sure was an awful heat wave. I know more is coming, but for now, yay.... @faerywings

MariJ

@Celestine Glad your visit went well and what a nice treat to have an extra special visitor. I'm glad to hear Chief is having a good week, I remember him from your layouts.
And isn't that the way? As soon as you water...... The rain comes.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning all. We are back to hot weather again.. in upper 90's for the rest of the week. Definitely shorts and tee-shirt weather and staying inside. Spend a couple of hours yesterday afternoon sorting and wrapping coins... once I figured out the easy way to get them sorted and then into the wrappers. But... even sitting at the table.... gave my back and shoulders fits. I never realized how many pennies we had saved!!! :jawdrop3: Hope to finish this go-round today.

Need to gear up for Color Play starting Friday. I had forgotten how busy June is here with the OScraps birthday events and then Color Play right on its heels. Then July 4th holiday in the US and Canada Day holidays right after that. Busy, busy, busy.

mimes1

CHEERY O
Good Morning everyone! I'm enjoying quiet mornings and the last week or so of Leisure. I don't have a start date yet but most likely early July. From the few who knew at church yesterday there was a very warm welcome to the team. I'm looking forward to it. As for the car, the credit was successfully unfrozen temporarily, and we should be good to go after Mark is off work today. We've been a one car family for four years so this is pretty exciting actually. I went from reluctant to enthusiastic.

Last evening I worked for a couple hours on a layout. I liked it, then I didn't like it. It got trashed and I went to bed. I'll try again today!

That's interesting that the heat makes Mark's sugar run low.
I asked Mark about this last night since were talking about it here. He clarified that he doesn't necessarily only go low - he could go high too. It's sort of a roller coaster when it's this hot out. He works in a factory setting with fans and no AC, so he's feeling it.
Hopefully, I can learn to pee in the woods better than I did with making fire :rotfl:
You crack me up every morning. This is such a fun place to start the day.

@vickyday Big hugs to you after yesterdays services for Carolyn.

@Cherylndesigns don't be so hard on yourself about not checking in everyday! We all love you and you can't do all things on all days! It's OK! :heartpumplove:

@MariJ Belle and me will need some driving tips before we get up there in November! I'm still quite terrified at how "people-y" the parade will be.

@Celestine Too bad we can't introduce Ike and Chief - they seem like kindred spirits and I think they'd enjoy each other!

Off to Goodwill to find some work clothes!!
HAGD everyone, will be back later!!

bitzee

Hi all,

Please excuse me. I have trouble keeping up with all the personals. Today I have a few moments more than usual to pop in. Every morning, I read Chris’ early comments before I start with my 93-year-old Mom’s morning routine. By the time I get back later in the day, I have missed a lot. So, my comments are spotty. If you have any suggestions for keeping up, please pass them on.

@Celestine I am so glad you are feeling better. It is so nice to come off of a wonderful visit with houseguests and be able to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor. A clean house, watered garden, and completed berry duty sounds heavenly. So sorry about your dog.

@mimes1 This job is definitely a part of God’s plan. Over the years I have had a couple of situations where I wasn’t looking for anything but the opportunity basically fell into my lap. I took those opportunities and never regretted my decision for one moment. I hope that is the case for you.

@faerywings Girl, I have trouble keeping up with you. I am amazed at all you do. Your posts are always so entertaining. I am sure you are having a wonderful influence on all the people you come in contact with. The nature kids, your family and your O family are better for having you there. I, too will be watching about the heat/blood sugar issue. My hubby has diabetes and we live in an area that is hot and humid most of the year.

@vickyday I am so sorry you and hubby have tummy issues so often. As someone with a lifelong bum stomach, I can relate and empathize. But, you do so much despite the tummy issues. Feel better and take care.

On a brighter note, I shared this on another site with some former Scrap Girl ladies. I want to share here as well. We babysit my nephew’s little boy. We take care of the big kid (my mom) and the little kiddo. Earlier this week we had another fun day in babysitting adventures. On babysitting days, we bring Mom with us to enjoy the great grandson. My great nephew is 17 months old. He is accustomed to his parents talking to the echo device and having echo respond. He also knows that echo plays music. He loves music and dances to anything musical.

He was standing in front of the countertop where echo is located and was talking his baby gibberish to it. Echo kept responding, “I’m sorry, I didn’t quite get that.” :rotfl: So, my hubby pulled a barstool up to the counter, put the little guy in his lap and told echo to play a particularly crazy song from the 60s. They ended up listening to an echo concert. The munchkin was clapping his hands and singing along in his own little language. I love this little guy and the big guy who is such a kid magnet:lovey3:

Celestine

With all the house and yard work we have been doing in the past weeks since returning from visiting the new grandbaby, husband and I took a "fun" day yesterday. We were on our way to an arboretum run by a local community college, which was a little over an hour's drive, and discovered it wasn't open on Sundays. Oops, should have checked first. Since it was becoming much warmer than predicted, we ended up just wandering the nearby small towns and went into a couple of antique stores. Then we had a (very) late lunch in a brewery located in an old church. Honestly, they had done a fabulous job repurposing the building and maintaining its architecture and stained glass windows. The food was good and the beer was excellent. We did a combined beer flight and I had some fruity sours that were perfect for a hot day.

@MariJ So glad I never have to put up with major metro area traffic. In my previous municipal bureaucrat life, I worked on a traffic study through our main commercial corridor and people complained about occasionally sitting through *gasp* TWO cycles of traffic lights at 5 p.m. on a weekday at the busiest intersection in the city. And they wanted the "problem" SOLVED! :floorlaugh:

@BrightEyes Oh, it is hot here, too! Another week of 90s. The grass has stopped growing, and it is only June.

@faerywings The Women in Wilderness sounds like a really fun time!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Monday Morning everyone! It is overcast and a bit on the cooler side today. That's ok as it will be a great day to get some gardening done. We have been so busy with the In-Law's place that our yards are needing some TLC!! Yesterday was spent painting the inside of the Sewing Shack for MIL and we are finally done! She is heading out today to pick out the carpet that she wants for the floor. Hope its not too much of a battle with FIL as he thinks he should be the one to choose the color etc. Who's room is this going to be??? Oh well I am staying out of that fight, she's on her own LOL. So today I will be weeding, pruning bushes, vacuuming, washing floors and cleaning bathrooms. Now doesn't that sound like a fun day? NOT!!! I might get a bit of time to myself on Tuesday and Wednesday as it looks like its going to be raining a lot and I am not hiking in the pouring rain on Wednesday. I hope to fit some time in today to perhaps open up my photoshop and start on a layout?? We will see.

@faerywings - That course in August sounds perfect for you! If you figure out how to pee better in the woods, pass that along to me please :giggle4: . So glad that the heat wave is over for now in your area!! Heather has not ventured out too much in the past week either because of the horrible heat and humidity where she is. The boys have been spending lots of time in the pool after school though!

@A-M - what a wonderful thing you are doing to volunteer at the retirement centre! Too bad you can't find the old DVDs anymore. It must be a very satisfying feeling to be helping out though!

@MariJ - Yes I can imagine how bad the driving must be in NY and NJ!! The worst I have ever been in is in Toronto Yikes there are some crazy drivers out there that's for sure!!

@BrightEyes - You are so busy with organizing and getting your coins all wrapped! Do they still use pennies in the States?? We got rid of the penny a few years back. What are you going to do with all of those pennies??

@mimes1 - Lucky you enjoying some quiet mornings! How exciting to be getting a new vehicle! We are in need of a newer model also, but who the heck has time to go looking for one? Not me !!

@bitzee - I too have trouble keeping up with all the personals and have yet to remember who everyone is around here now with all the newbies :giggle4:. Love your story about your grand nephew and the sing-a-long with the echo, how fun is that!!

@Celestine - My DH and I love to do days like you and your hubs did! Isn't it great when they repurpose old building like that!! We are more lovers of wineries, but do love to try the odd brewery on those hot summer days! We have some great ones here on the Island!!

Ok the house work isn't going to get done on its own, so off I go the sooner it gets done the more time I might have to get some scrapping time. Have a great day everyone! :waving1

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Hey hey!! How are the O-zies doing on this fine Monday morning?
No-- I am *not* being sarcastic although I totally get why you would assume that. *wink*

The heat wave broke overnight and the house is quiet, no window ACs droning in the background. Thank goodness. I hope the weather cooperates for the next few days because I would love to spend some time in the yard. It needs some TLC, that is for sure. I was out with the dogs this morning and my coneflowers are *thisclose* to blooming, the hydrangea is blooming, the milkweed will be in bloom this week along with the balloon flowers. Then I will spend all of my extra time watching the bees flying in and out of the flowers with their yellow pollen-y boots. I love them and cheer them on.

The fire building class was really good with one caveat. I stink at building fires. I got four out of the five lit and burning but my technique was not the best. But if it came down to it and I had to build a fire I can get one going. Part of my trouble is that after growing up hearing about fires from my dad, witnessing a few house fires, etc, I was tentative and made mine too small. We were shown how to use hand sanitizer as an accelerant and that freaked me out. LOL And lemme tell you- it was hot! I came out covered in dirt, pine needles, soot, and sweat. Went right into the shower and the water was running down all gross and dirty.
But did I have fun? Uh-huh!! :nod1:

The next class I want to take is Women in the Wilderness in August. I should sign up before there aren't any spots open. As a non-payer, if there is a wait list I don't think they will pick me over someone who is paying.

Who has good plans today? Make it a great one!
I don't think I have ever tried to build a fire. My first DH was an Eagle Scout and my current DH is a pro at it, too! So, I've never had the need to.
Women in the Wilderness sounds like an interesting class!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Chris.... Women in the Wilderness sounds very interesting.

I had a good day working at the local Museum/Information centre. This afternoon I spoke to the Manager of our retirement village and he has given me the okay to start a weekly Sing-a-long and Chair Exercise time with the other residents and possibly some of the mobile people from the Nursing Home connected to us. I no longer own the DVDs for the sing-a-longs I conducted where we used to live as I donated them to the Aged Care Facility when I was not able to volunteer there any longer. I have ordered others but they are not the same. For some reason the others are no longer available.

I must remember and each day pop back in here to read what others are sharing. I am now off to get ready for bed. :sleeping2:
Such a generous and great idea for the retirement center, Ann-Marie! I hope you get lots of participation!

AK_Tracy

I love how quotes work :giggle4: Its so love and hate. I love that I can use them, I hate the newest always pops to the top LOL So that's why my good morning is so low and below quote.

So today I will be weeding, pruning bushes, vacuuming, washing floors and cleaning bathrooms. Now doesn't that sound like a fun day? NOT!!!

Good Morning Everyone!
Trudy your days sounds amazing because its for YOU and not an inlaw problem to be fixed. I hope you get enjoy part of the day and hopefully MIL gets to pick her carpet for the sewing shed instead of FIL. He needs to butt out. :giggle4:

Then I will spend all of my extra time watching the bees flying in and out of the flowers with their yellow pollen-y boots. I love them and cheer
I have no idea why this quote separated. See, love and hate quotes :floorlaugh: Aren't the bees so fun? Yeah no they ruin my outside porch sitting when they decide I need a hello right in my face. But my dandelion yard is just for them. No chemicals and no cutting until they seed. Yeah, ask me if I always dreamed of a dandelion yard. Nope sure didn't. Wanted grass. And after the dandelions are gone, the clove comes up. Yep cant mow that either. So we mow the yard (bee buffet) about three maybe four times a summer. Now what I had planned, but oh well, hubby and bees are happy as can bee.
given me the okay to start a weekly Sing-a-long and Chair Exercise time with the other residents
This sounds amazing Anne-Marie. What a blessing it will be to all those who join. Group singing is fun and then to do exercise is fun too. I foresee lots of laughter and fun.
Guess what I did? I am officially registered for the Women in the Wilderness course. Hopefully, I can learn to pee in the woods better than I did with making fire :rotfl:
Sorry if TMI :D
Oh my gosh am I glad I had set my coffee down before reading this!!!! If you learn tips on peeing in the woods you better share! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

@AK_Tracy How often do your grands come to visit? I hope that it's often enough that you get to see them fighting over the blow-up duck again. Or sharing it which would be nice but not as likely Hahaha!
My grands are 5 miles down the road so I see them at least once a week, sometimes more often. Its the most wonderful thing ever, especially after the horrid teen years. Didn't think DD and I were gonna make it through that one. So now its extra special that we've become best friends and enjoy each other.
NJ Highways are BAD for the most part! They are also where so many people get their viewpoint of NJ and never see the natural beauty here.
Isn't it crazy??? You see one horrid part and think that the whole state is like that. People always talk about "seeing Alaska" and then they never get out of the city. They fly in to Anchorage and say they saw Alaska. I always tell them if you didn't get out of Anchorage you didn't see AK. You have to travel an take the roads that go on forever. Hit Denali, Chena Hotsprings, Homer, Valdez, get out and see AK not another crap city full of box stores and no views. Okay, there are views but not like getting out of town. :soapbox: I shall step down now off my soapbox.
Please excuse me. I have trouble keeping up with all the personals. Today I have a few moments more than usual to pop in. Every morning, I read Chris’ early comments before I start with my 93-year-old Mom’s morning routine. By the time I get back later in the day, I have missed a lot. So, my comments are spotty. If you have any suggestions for keeping up, please pass them on.
I grab my :coffeedrinker:sit down and use the "quote" button. I start reading and when I see something I want to comment on, I highlight and press quote. It holds all the quotes until I am done and click insert quotes into a post. Then I can click between and comment without forgetting things. Otherwise I am scrolling up, re-reading, commenting, scrolling up, etc. Somedays my mind says yes we can do that, others like today, quote away baby the mind isn't awake. But I also know I might miss things. I try to have it together while drinking coffee (yes a delusion). I know I miss things though. In the evening I will read more comments but dont always comment. Some days, I dont show up at all, knowing I am missing conversations, but its okay. I dont hear all the conversations in real life so it happens her too. My thought is as long as I feel connected I am good. :heartpumpred:
On a brighter note, I shared this on another site with some former Scrap Girl ladies. I want to share here as well. We babysit my nephew’s little boy.
This is such a sweet story! I love that they get to spend time together and that the dancing clapping. So sweet. I hope you got photos and can make a layout with the story. Even if you dont share here. Would be fun to look back at the sweetness of the dance. Thanks for sharing such a lovely story.
Honestly, they had done a fabulous job repurposing the building and maintaining its architecture and stained glass windows. The food was good and the beer was excellent. We did a combined beer flight and I had some fruity sours that were perfect for a hot day.
Oh this sounds like a fun day! Even though it wasn't how you intended when you started out. The church turned brewery sounds so cool and interesting. I'm glad they kept the architecture and stained glass. Had to add to the run of the place.

AK_Tracy

Whew, that was a lot :floorlaugh: Grabbing second :coffeedrinker: Grands coming over today so I will have to be quick so I can start the laundry and vacuum before they arrive. The dog hair is crazy and its been so nice out that we haven't done any maintenance in the house. Really need to vacuum. I could make a sweater with all the dog hair, maybe two at this point. Looks like a 5th dog there is so much hair. It should be cooler today. Yesterday was close to 80* which is crazy hot for us. The boys and I had a blast though swimming in the lake. It was so cold and felt amazing. Everyone was out enjoying the lake and was fun to see so many kids out playing.

Off and running :)floorlaugh: yeah this body doesn't run) Have a wonderful day!!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning everyone! I'm enjoying quiet mornings and the last week or so of Leisure. I don't have a start date yet but most likely early July. From the few who knew at church yesterday there was a very warm welcome to the team. I'm looking forward to it. As for the car, the credit was successfully unfrozen temporarily, and we should be good to go after Mark is off work today. We've been a one car family for four years so this is pretty exciting actually. I went from reluctant to enthusiastic.

Last evening I worked for a couple hours on a layout. I liked it, then I didn't like it. It got trashed and I went to bed. I'll try again today!

I asked Mark about this last night since were talking about it here. He clarified that he doesn't necessarily only go low - he could go high too. It's sort of a roller coaster when it's this hot out. He works in a factory setting with fans and no AC, so he's feeling it.

You crack me up every morning. This is such a fun place to start the day.

@vickyday Big hugs to you after yesterdays services for Carolyn.

@Cherylndesigns don't be so hard on yourself about not checking in everyday! We all love you and you can't do all things on all days! It's OK! :heartpumplove:

@MariJ Belle and me will need some driving tips before we get up there in November! I'm still quite terrified at how "people-y" the parade will be.

@Celestine Too bad we can't introduce Ike and Chief - they seem like kindred spirits and I think they'd enjoy each other!

Off to Goodwill to find some work clothes!!
HAGD everyone, will be back later!!
Thank you! It was certainly weird seeing her in that casket. She had lost so much weight that she was just a shadow of herself. I don't want to remember her that way. She was such a lovely, godly person!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Hi all,

@Celestine I am so glad you are feeling better. It is so nice to come off of a wonderful visit with houseguests and be able to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor. A clean house, watered garden, and completed berry duty sounds heavenly. So sorry about your dog.

@mimes1 This job is definitely a part of God’s plan. Over the years I have had a couple of situations where I wasn’t looking for anything but the opportunity basically fell into my lap. I took those opportunities and never regretted my decision for one moment. I hope that is the case for you.

@faerywings Girl, I have trouble keeping up with you. I am amazed at all you do. Your posts are always so entertaining. I am sure you are having a wonderful influence on all the people you come in contact with. The nature kids, your family and your O family are better for having you there. I, too will be watching about the heat/blood sugar issue. My hubby has diabetes and we live in an area that is hot and humid most of the year.

@vickyday I am so sorry you and hubby have tummy issues so often. As someone with a lifelong bum stomach, I can relate and empathize. But, you do so much despite the tummy issues. Feel better and take care.

On a brighter note, I shared this on another site with some former Scrap Girl ladies. I want to share here as well. We babysit my nephew’s little boy. We take care of the big kid (my mom) and the little kiddo. Earlier this week we had another fun day in babysitting adventures. On babysitting days, we bring Mom with us to enjoy the great grandson. My great nephew is 17 months old. He is accustomed to his parents talking to the echo device and having echo respond. He also knows that echo plays music. He loves music and dances to anything musical.

He was standing in front of the countertop where echo is located and was talking his baby gibberish to it. Echo kept responding, “I’m sorry, I didn’t quite get that.” :rotfl: So, my hubby pulled a barstool up to the counter, put the little guy in his lap and told echo to play a particularly crazy song from the 60s. They ended up listening to an echo concert. The munchkin was clapping his hands and singing along in his own little language. I love this little guy and the big guy who is such a kid magnet:lovey3:
What a cute story about your great nephew!
Sometimes you gotta keep going whether the tummy likes it or not! Right? :hug3:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I love how quotes work :giggle4: Its so love and hate. I love that I can use them, I hate the newest always pops to the top LOL So that's why my good morning is so low and below quote.

Good Morning Everyone!
Trudy your days sounds amazing because its for YOU and not an inlaw problem to be fixed. I hope you get enjoy part of the day and hopefully MIL gets to pick her carpet for the sewing shed instead of FIL. He needs to butt out. :giggle4:

I have no idea why this quote separated. See, love and hate quotes :floorlaugh: Aren't the bees so fun? Yeah no they ruin my outside porch sitting when they decide I need a hello right in my face. But my dandelion yard is just for them. No chemicals and no cutting until they seed. Yeah, ask me if I always dreamed of a dandelion yard. Nope sure didn't. Wanted grass. And after the dandelions are gone, the clove comes up. Yep cant mow that either. So we mow the yard (bee buffet) about three maybe four times a summer. Now what I had planned, but oh well, hubby and bees are happy as can bee.

This sounds amazing Anne-Marie. What a blessing it will be to all those who join. Group singing is fun and then to do exercise is fun too. I foresee lots of laughter and fun.

Oh my gosh am I glad I had set my coffee down before reading this!!!! If you learn tips on peeing in the woods you better share! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

My grands are 5 miles down the road so I see them at least once a week, sometimes more often. Its the most wonderful thing ever, especially after the horrid teen years. Didn't think DD and I were gonna make it through that one. So now its extra special that we've become best friends and enjoy each other.

Isn't it crazy??? You see one horrid part and think that the whole state is like that. People always talk about "seeing Alaska" and then they never get out of the city. They fly in to Anchorage and say they saw Alaska. I always tell them if you didn't get out of Anchorage you didn't see AK. You have to travel an take the roads that go on forever. Hit Denali, Chena Hotsprings, Homer, Valdez, get out and see AK not another crap city full of box stores and no views. Okay, there are views but not like getting out of town. :soapbox: I shall step down now off my soapbox.

I grab my :coffeedrinker:sit down and use the "quote" button. I start reading and when I see something I want to comment on, I highlight and press quote. It holds all the quotes until I am done and click insert quotes into a post. Then I can click between and comment without forgetting things. Otherwise I am scrolling up, re-reading, commenting, scrolling up, etc. Somedays my mind says yes we can do that, others like today, quote away baby the mind isn't awake. But I also know I might miss things. I try to have it together while drinking coffee (yes a delusion). I know I miss things though. In the evening I will read more comments but dont always comment. Some days, I dont show up at all, knowing I am missing conversations, but its okay. I dont hear all the conversations in real life so it happens her too. My thought is as long as I feel connected I am good. :heartpumpred:

This is such a sweet story! I love that they get to spend time together and that the dancing clapping. So sweet. I hope you got photos and can make a layout with the story. Even if you dont share here. Would be fun to look back at the sweetness of the dance. Thanks for sharing such a lovely story.

Oh this sounds like a fun day! Even though it wasn't how you intended when you started out. The church turned brewery sounds so cool and interesting. I'm glad they kept the architecture and stained glass. Had to add to the run of the place.
So THAT's how you do the quotes! I just end up replying to everyone separately! I'll have to try your Quote method sometime!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Whew, that was a lot :floorlaugh: Grabbing second :coffeedrinker: Grands coming over today so I will have to be quick so I can start the laundry and vacuum before they arrive. The dog hair is crazy and its been so nice out that we haven't done any maintenance in the house. Really need to vacuum. I could make a sweater with all the dog hair, maybe two at this point. Looks like a 5th dog there is so much hair. It should be cooler today. Yesterday was close to 80* which is crazy hot for us. The boys and I had a blast though swimming in the lake. It was so cold and felt amazing. Everyone was out enjoying the lake and was fun to see so many kids out playing.

Off and running :)floorlaugh: yeah this body doesn't run) Have a wonderful day!!
You crack me up!
I think your twin @JeanneMN is lost in the CheeryO team rules somewhere! ;)

AK_Tracy

So THAT's how you do the quotes! I just end up replying to everyone separately! I'll have to try your Quote method sometime!
Yes, its amazing. I had no idea how it worked until I did it by accident and had hit quote a couple times then the next day I was like what's this button do :floorlaugh: Up popped all the quotes I had highlighted that week but hadn't done anything with cause I didn't know what to expect when I hit quote. It saves my mind first thing in the morning when I am still trying to wake up and remember what I want to reply to.

bitzee

@AK_Tracy Ok, gonna try this quote thing and see if this old brain can handle it. Looks like I will have to do a better job of this quote thing next time, but here goes. Eventually I will get the hang of it. Thank you.
At my age, I didn't think there was anything else to learn about peeing until we came home after Hurricane Katrina and couldn't even get to our bathrooms until we did some serious gutting. The storm surge came in with a vengeance in a circular pattern. It deposited furniture, belongings, marsh mud and marsh grass like a blockade. Furniture and anything in closets or cabinets ended up all over the house. My heavy piano blocked the hallway. It kept us from going anywhere near our bathroom.

I thought I would have to pee like I did when my dad took us out with him in the woods. Only thing is, I always ended up with it running down my legs and into my shoes YUK! My then teenage daughter showed me how to use a 16 oz. plastic cup shoved all the way up with the rim snug against my body. Voila, no drips, no wet shoes and all contained in a disposable cup to go dump out some place appropriate. So nowadays I always have a couple of those plastic cups in my SUV glove compartment. You just never know when you'll need it ;) @faerywings
I am glad that you and DD have reached this point where you can enjoy each other and share in the pleasures of her children :love:
I take pictures every time we babysit and plan on making a book. I take really cute pics, but hubby takes blackmail pics. The little guy fights napping so I thought if I got into his play yard with him and his blankie and laid down by him that he would nap. Auntie ended up falling asleep while he arranged all his toys around me. That's the kind of pics hubby takes goofysmile1
Catch you later.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Quick hello from me today. I was out all morning with a friend and all of our dogs. We went for a long walk thru a dog friendly botanical garden park. Sunshine and flowers, so lovely! I'm loading pics now (took my macro lens) so will enjoy scrapping some flower photos soon.

I need coffee and lunch now. Must go. HAGD everyone.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
A quick in and out this afternoon. I got side-tracked in the office closet... I was looking in there and realized a dress had slipped off the hanger and tangled down around some boxes on the floor. Pulled it out and decided to check what all was down there... yep.... ended up pulling out some boxes and bags... then sorted through them and pulled out things I won't be keeping. Then moved a couple of boxes out to the 3rd garage area and put them away. I keep nibbling away at cleaning out areas and like seeing how much neater things look.

Trudy... DH and I used to drop our change into a container each week. We used to LOL and call it our "rainy day savings:!!! I checked at the bank and the credit union and none of them take loose coins any more... they have to be wrapped in coin papers in order to turn them in for cash or to deposit them. My bank was so nice and gave me a lot of the wrappers when I asked about the coins. I couldn't believe how many pennies were in the jug!!! 800+ of them!!! Love the coin sorter....it has made that job a lot easier to do. Still have some nickels and dimes to finish wrapping... then will turn them some time this week. :D

@faerywings Oh,Yes... we all want to know what you learn during the "Woman in the Wilderness" class... especially if you learn an easy way 'to pee in the woods'!!!!

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
Ok, this is TMI @bitzee , I pee in the woods exactly the way you do, and the whole pee in a cup thing at the doctor's office? Wipe, start, wipe, pee in the cup ....... too bad they can't test my hands because there's more on them that ever lands in the cup. I can't remember every one's real name either- Uff dah & I can't seem to keep up with personals either, I've never had great balance, and I'm still trying to figure out how to juggle.

@faerywings So, woman of the wilderness do you dress like Laura Ingalls then? I remember when a student asked me if I dressed like Laura Ingalls when I went to school . . . - . no, I was fig leaves era . sheesh

Got fresh nails & hair this morning, such a great way to start the week. The massage chair at the pedicure station is totally worth the price of admission.

I will trey to catch up more tomorrow.

Last edited:

Terri M

@faerywings I envision we are all going to be asking how to pee in the woods.

Our cruise in October includes a White Night, when everyone is invited to dress all in white. I have no white pants or skirts so I went out today and bought a nice white gauze skirt. I figure I can get some use of it over the summer as long as I don’t spill red wine or spaghetti sauce. I give it 50-50 for that. I really hate shopping for clothes so I'm giving myself a pat on the back for venturing into Talbots.

@BrightEyes Cleaning out closets and drawers seems like an endless chore! I had 2.5 drawers of tee shirts so jammed in it was hard to open them. Over the weekend got rid of half of them. There are still 2 drawers but they aren't jammed tight. I think I can still get rid of another half again.

MariJ

So glad I never have to put up with major metro area traffic. In my previous municipal bureaucrat life, I worked on a traffic study through our main commercial corridor and people complained about occasionally sitting through *gasp* TWO cycles of traffic lights at 5 p.m. on a weekday at the busiest intersection in the city. And they wanted the "problem" SOLVED! :floorlaugh:
That's very funny Celestine. I actually don't live or drive in major metro traffic, just the "normal" NJ traffic which is pretty busy in parts, but mostly not awful. But I guess to put it more in perspective, my sister who grew up here but now lives in Indiana says she can't drive here anymore. She once me directions when I there including reference to a "very busy" intersection.... Which I totally missed because it didn't look busy to me.
She'll try hard to avoid "rush hour traffic" in Indiana and I'm like, "but it's MOVING.".... :floorlaugh:

I guess it's all relative and what you're used to! @Celestine