Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, July 29

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning, lOvelies!

I hope that everyone is feeling rested and refreshed to start the week off in the right frame of mind. I am hanging in pretty well even though I slept like crap. I have a super long day so I hope I'll be able to keep up.

I don't think I did much of anything all day other than food-related activities. :D I worked on my grocery order for Wednesday, went to the small grocery store to get what I needed for Tom's b-day dinner, and then I cooked most of the afternoon. Everything was delicious. The more I cook tofu, the more I like it. The chick'n burritos were awesome! Sam was over in the afternoon, so she stayed for dinner too. Scott came over around lunchtime on his break so I got to see all of my kids. :lovey3:

The other highlight of my day was watching a goldfinch hanging out on the coneflowers in the front garden. I rarely get to see them up close so this was a treat. I'm not sure why they were on the flowers since every time they moved, the stalks bent over. I haven't been deadheading, so I'm assuming the flowers are going to seed and the birds were eating that. Sounds like a good deal to me.

I am working Summer Camp today, with 2nd to 5th graders. I'm scheduled from 8-4 which is a loooong day but the girl I am working with is amazing. I'm her assistant which will make it easier on me. I was hoping that we'd have leftover burritos for dinner but everyone went back for seconds so that's not happening. I'm going to ask Gary to come up with something. I am sure that by the time I get home and showered, I'm going to be burnt toast.
(That reminds me that I need to pack sunscreen.)

HAGD!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Sis will be staying until Wed or Thurs so it is a nice long visit for us.
You too must be having so much fun together! You sure have been busy with the photo albums and your future generations will appreciate your hard work, for sure.

@bcgal00 Happy birthday to Jen!
Congrats on winning the meat, that's even more exciting than cash at this point :rotfl:
Tom's b-day was the 23rd but he celebrated with The Crew (Sam and Scott, Jen and Jake, and Tom and Caitlyn- the 6 Inseparable Ones LOL)

Yep, total sense. I swear were twiplets (You, me, and Jeanne) Sometimes when you hurt you have to figure out if it was good, you survived and got something done and feel good but hurt, or bad hurt, shouldn't have done that wasn't worth the pain.
yes, that's it! Productive Pain > Just Breathing Pain
Sheesh, being in the water and moving at the same time is not something me and my crummy sense of balance would be able to do at all.
Thankfully the PT for the shoulder/clavicle muscle area helps
That is fantastic!!

Oh no! Doubled electricity bill would be awful! Mark does a thing where he pays the same amount during the winter which is more than needed. So it builds up for paying those AC bills during the summer. I think we had $700 credit when summer started. I'm sure that will be gone soon, if it isn't already, since it has been so hot this year!
We do the same for all of the utilities and car insurance. We had a $300 credit on the accounting June but I bet July ate that up. I still haven't looked at the bill. :lalala:
Yesterday was very productive for me! I got 6 loads of laundry done, including the bed linens, swept the floors, even cooked supper,
Busy lady!! Hope you have some downtime today

I just got home - Adrienne and I went to Walmart for our grocery shopping, and it wasn't too bad. We decided that Sunday afternoon (late-ish) might be a good time to go. Prices have gone up AGAIN. I practically get the same thing every time and it was $60 more today.
Same here. I have noticed a pattern with ShopRite-- Something basic will be "on sale" for a few weeks, then it jumps way up.
For ex. store brand butter was regularly priced at $3.99. Then it went on sale for $3.99 for a couple of weeks- then it jumped to $4.99 And it's like that for everything. Same principle at Kohls when they increase the prices of clothes and then give you a 30% off sale. Hmmmph!
Some days (most days) I don't have a lot of bandwidth.
And that is OK, you take care of yourself :hug3:
She says now that she wants to go into The Marines. I know, shock! She's already talked to the recruiters in Tulsa. She has to have the tattoos on her neck removed and she's in the process of doing that now. She had her first laser tat removal procedure done yesterday. She's such a tough kid said it didn't hurt too badly. (That's Alyssa talk for it hurt like a "b"). She must really want this if she is having some tattoos removed.
NO WAY!!!! Good luck to her! How is the family taking it, esp. Adrienne?

Time to get ready for my day!
xoxo

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Well, it is raining again, so no walking for me this morning. Still not complaining. I'm feeling in a rainy mood today, LOL! No plans but to chill and do some more scrapping. Yesterday I did a page from the CP collection that I need to post today. But, looking at it with fresh eyes this morning, I don't like it, so I may re-work it first.
Going this afternoon to look at a recliner that is on FB marketplace. I hope it has stopped raining by that time!
HAGD

I got to see all of my kids. :lovey3:
YAY! That always makes for a great day in my book!
watching a goldfinch hanging out on the coneflowers
I have goldfinches that hang out on my sunflowers. I don't know how they do it because the stalks sway under their weight, too!
I'm assuming the flowers are going to seed and the birds were eating that
I'm pretty sure that is exactly what they are doing!
I am working Summer Camp today, with 2nd to 5th graders. I'm scheduled from 8-4 which is a loooong day
That IS a long day! So, are these 2nd-5th graders in the same group at the same time and there all day long. Or are there several groups throughout the day? I hope the later is true!
Hope you have some downtime today
I'm planning on it! And it starts now! ;)

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Monday Morning everyone! Guess what??? Its finally raining here!! :yesss: not sure if we will get a huge amount of rain, but its supposed to rain most of the day and into tomorrow. Hooray!! Its so nice to open the windows and smell the rain! I was missing in Action since Friday and I have lots to catch up on today! DH is now into having flex days at his job, so he gets every second Friday off, nice to have him home, and we can get so much more done with that extra day! But by Monday he is ready to get back to work for a rest and I am ready for the peace and quiet too :giggle4:. Wow I can hardly believe its almost the end of July!! Normally I would be getting excited for the kids to all be coming out this way for a few weeks, but sadly that is not happening this year :sad2:. I will have to wait now until Christmas to see everyone in person again. I am sure the months will fly by and I will be scrambling to get my calendar done and get gifts sent out for everyone, just like every year LOL. Anyway I need to get my Color Play Layouts posted to various places and then hopefully see if I can get to work on another layout today.

I am working Summer Camp today, with 2nd to 5th graders. I'm scheduled from 8-4 which is a loooong day but the girl I am working with is amazing. I'm her assistant which will make it easier on me. I was hoping that we'd have leftover burritos for dinner but everyone went back for seconds so that's not happening. I'm going to ask Gary to come up with something. I am sure that by the time I get home and showered, I'm going to be burnt toast.
(That reminds me that I need to pack sunscreen.)
You will be very busy with work today, but we know that you will have such a fun day too! Hope that your Gary cooks something yummy for your dinner tonight! Yes pack that sunscreen and thanks for sending some moisture this way, we sure did need it. It is so lovely to see the rain and the gardens will be loving it!
Well, it is raining again, so no walking for me this morning. Still not complaining. I'm feeling in a rainy mood today, LOL! No plans but to chill and do some more scrapping.
Thank you too @vickyday for sending some wet here I hope you enjoy your chill day and that you get to do the scrapping you plan on! I have so much to catch up on here at the O and now its almost month end and I will be busy with getting things done for that too. Never enough hours in the day! Hope that the recliner is a great one and you get it for a great price !

Ok off to the shower and then Heather will be calling to catch me up on what they did all weekend. Missing them and the rest of my family, but happy to know that they are all well and are busy! :lovey3:. Have a great Monday everyone :waving1

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Wow... it has been a busy time with sister. Yesterday I pulled out 2 more of my photo albums and sister wanted photos from both - so scanned them in. Finally finished with the scanning and got those copied onto her flash drive. What fun it was but lots of time and effort to scan and share them (and ID every one in them!!). Lots of laughter and recalling memories as we worked.

Yes, I did get the enchilada sauce made and we indulged ourself at supper. I wish I could share the recipe but the sauce is made with "look", "smell", "taste" and adjust seasoning during cooking. And it slow and long cooking time. This is a LO I made about cooking and preparing the Mexican meal several years ago.

BE caliente LFSide MFERK copy.jpgBE caliente RTSide MFERK copy.jpg

Sis is off getting gas for her car right now. Tomorrow we will be picking up DD#3 - then going over to visit with our cousin who lives up near DD#3. Sis will be staying until Wed or Thurs. So I will not be popping in here except to check on my challenge. Hope you all have a wonderful day/week.

AK_Tracy

Good Morning Ladies,
This girl is paying big time but what a blast we had fishing yesterday in the rain. Was worth it until I realize I have to do laundry today.

@BrightEyes Thank Kay. That's a beautiful layout and I love the taste and edit recipes. I just dont have the ability to cook that way. I'm learning and working on it but its still hard. I do love the pages though, they are bright and fun.

Off for more coffee, Have a wonderful day!

Attachments

• IMG_5113.jpeg
    IMG_5113.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Its finally raining here!!
YAY!!!
But by Monday he is ready to get back to work for a rest and I am ready for the peace and quiet too :giggle4:.
HA! Same here on both accounts! ;)
Never enough hours in the day!
Ain't it the truth!
Lots of laughter and recalling memories as we worked.
So glad you are having a good time with your sister, Kay!
Was worth it until I realize I have to do laundry today.
Why does housework ALWAYS have to get in the way of having fun?! ;)

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon,

Two days in a row - go me. :guitar:

Today is Aly's birthday so we're having family dinner tonight. That's all I have planned for today. It's hot again - UGH. I should go pull weeds, but the ground is too hard and it's too hot. The weeds are winning right now.

Vicky @Vicky I did the same thing with a LO - I worked on one last night - got up this morning and I don't like it at all. I'm starting over with it. I haven't trashed it yet, but I probably will.

Chris @faerywings Sounds like you had a wonderful family dinner. Did my eyes deceive me that you're starting to like tofu???:greengrin: I DID shock you about Alyssa, didn't I? Alyssa marches to her own drummer and we never know what she's going to come up with. Adrienne is thinking (hoping) she'll change her mind again, but I don't think she will.

Trudy @taxed4ever I had to giggle about your Gary going back to work.

Tracy @AK_Tracy LOVE that cool picture of you fishing!!

Kay @BrightEyes I'm so glad that you're having fun with Sis and now DD.

Well, I'm at the end of my bandwidth. I need to wash my hair today - that's a job in itself. Either that or I'll have to wear a baseball cap. Hair wash/cap?????:spinningchair:

Hugs to everybody.
XOXO

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good afternoon ladies. I was out with Remi this morning and then came home to watch videos on Yellowstone Park. That is where we will do a road trip late next spring. I am debating whether we might want to buy a small travel trailer or do hotels along the way. Lots of time to think about it so no rash decisions will be made.

I have CT work to do now but I'll make a protein coffee drink first, then settle into my office for a few hours. Then I need to do some laundry.

I made WW sugar free banana pumpkin muffins yesterday. They are denser and smaller than other muffins I have made but they are good (enough) and quite tasty with a bit of low sugar jam.

Time for more coffee. BFN. Have a good day everyone.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good afternoon,

Two days in a row - go me. :guitar:

Today is Aly's birthday so we're having family dinner tonight. That's all I have planned for today. It's hot again - UGH. I should go pull weeds, but the ground is too hard and it's too hot. The weeds are winning right now.

Vicky @Vicky I did the same thing with a LO - I worked on one last night - got up this morning and I don't like it at all. I'm starting over with it. I haven't trashed it yet, but I probably will.

Chris @faerywings Sounds like you had a wonderful family dinner. Did my eyes deceive me that you're starting to like tofu???:greengrin: I DID shock you about Alyssa, didn't I? Alyssa marches to her own drummer and we never know what she's going to come up with. Adrienne is thinking (hoping) she'll change her mind again, but I don't think she will.

Trudy @taxed4ever I had to giggle about your Gary going back to work.

Tracy @AK_Tracy LOVE that cool picture of you fishing!!

Kay @BrightEyes I'm so glad that you're having fun with Sis and now DD.

Well, I'm at the end of my bandwidth. I need to wash my hair today - that's a job in itself. Either that or I'll have to wear a baseball cap. Hair wash/cap?????:spinningchair:

Hugs to everybody.
XOXO
Haven't redone it yet. I started working on it and my EHD went wacko, so I had to shut everything down!

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
46th wedding anniversary where we had rubber chicken at the reception. Couple hours 20240729_155212.jpgon the boat this morning, couple more this afternoon , couple Italian Margaritas and in an hour ribeyes. Life is lazy.

AK_Tracy

Powers been out all afternoon. Four hours so far. Hotspot with my phone means I cant scrap. Laundry is drying in the high winds. Couldn't leave it in machine to get funky. So much for being productive LOL