Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Monday, July 12

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It looks like we have another day filled with T-storms and flash flood warnings. I better be careful walking down the street to clean for my friend today. *wink*
The wet weather canceled the yoga and meditation yesterday morning so I was up and out that early unnecessarily. But it all worked out fine. I made it to Arlene's in record time. Turns out, no one is on the roads at 8 am on a Sunday morning ROFL! I think I hit maybe 2-3 red lights and practically breezed all the way down. We got to the place where the yoga was and were told that the sessions were canceled so we ended up going to hike at the arboretum. There was a sign at the first place saying that a petting zoo was there on some weekends so we stopped by after the hike. Sadly- no petting zoo but there was a woman who was walking around with a turtle. Naturally *G* we stopped to talk to the turtle and the woman, who used to live in my town. She asked if I had kids and I said that they were prob her age, although it turned out she was 30 (she didn't look 30!). Arlene asks her where she got the turtle and she said it was something of a Craiglist situation. All of these things clicked in my brain and I asked if it was from R**** and she was stunned and said yes. I started to laugh, told her that Juliet C was my niece. Jules and her sisters worked at R's and rescued many of the animals as the place was abusing them, it is also how Scott eventually ended up with Rita. I ended up chatting with all three sisters, the younger ones who know Cait and Scott, bought rat and ferret hammocks from Cait, and literally adore my niece who pet sits for them up here when they are away. It was a wild conversation

I am cleaning this afternoon bit dang I need to get so much done around the house first. I am busy with something every day this week, which is unusual for me. One day soon, I have to steam clean the carpets, they smell like dog. Way too humid to even make an attempt at this point, they would still be wet in October.

Hope you all are having a fab day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Kay- sending you hugs and love. I cannot imagine how difficult this time is for you and your family. You are very lucky to have him in your life, DH sounds like he was an incredible person.
Hope that you are able to stay cool inside with the heat and I am happy that the ceiling fans are making such a difference.
I have avocados too- got a bag of 5 small ones, all the same hardness. 3 were ready at the same time, the other 2 not even a bit. I will never, ever understand avocados LOL! When the guac defrosts, it doesn't separate at all and the lemon juice really works o it doesn't turn brown? I have to try that.
Glad you like the cranberries in the chicken salad!

@tanteva *cheers for Folke 1 and Folke 2!!!* So exciting! We watched a baby bird trying to fly (hop/fly a second/couple more hops/lift off and so on!) at the arboretum and yup. Mama was there watching him and us very closely :)

@bcgal00 You are so smart to do so much food prep in advance. I try to plan ahead and I still struggle every night. How did Remi do at the vet?
I always see posts on SM about crows and people tell stories of how they are fascinated with shiny things, they leave some out for the crows who will eventually gift shiny things back.. So cool.

@felis I got the email for the Week 1 schedule. I am glad that the first few days I am good with since I am struggling to get my days organized. Maybe by the end of the week, I will have it together. LOL I am so happy that you shared this class with us so I can follow along.

xoxo

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Oh, I should be doing some food prep this week too! No work this week, but next week I work Tues, Thurs, Fri & Satur, and the week after that Wednes, Fri & Satur. Next week is Urban's last week before he goes on vacation. I'm gonna teach him to cook by then. LOL (No, I won't - he's crap at it and I want to eat good food. LOL)

Today I've started making me a dress. My sister was an amazing seamstress. You know, you could show here a picture in a magazine of fab dress, she looked at it, took an old duvet cover or something, and made the dress. Just from her head. She's wetting herself on the other side today, looking at what I'm doing. LOL

It's an on-line class I was supposed to take about 1 1/2 year ago ... finally got around to make the pattern today. Have cut out the fabric, pinned the pieces together ... now I need to bring out the sewing machine. Might do it today ... might take a couple of years. LOL

Here's the dress I'm doing: https://sewinlove-school-fd8b.thinkific.com/courses/boxydress

Super easy - just one measurement & a top that you have and like how it fits, and then you fix the pattern from that.

But ... we haven't seen the finished result yet. At least I've used a fabric that I won't cry if it turns out bad. Just a piece I had laying around. If the dress actually fits and look okey, I can make another one with some other fabric.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Finally... a break in the heatwave. Only suppose to get into the low-90's this week. LOL... Well, compared to the 100's that is a break. Have the house opened up and a cool breeze is blowing... heaven!!! This is a busy week for me. Tomorrow is my Red Hat Chapter gathering for a brown bag lunch. Will be so good to see the girls again - we always have such fun together. Wednesday is 'smash the boob' day - yep, mammo day. Also need to take the SUV in for an oil change soon. Must see about getting a new watch - mine gave up the ghost last Thursday. Didn't have anywhere to go that I needed it up until now. The wrist feels naked without it.

Yesterday, I looked at Bill's Memory Album - LOs I made about him/us since he passed on. Realized that I had not printed out any LOs since his birthday in July 2000. Then it dawned on me why I had not..... the Album was full! So I spent a few hours printing out the LOs of him/us since then. Managed to squeeze in LOs for the rest of 2020. Have another binder like the first one, so will use it - starting with Jan 2021. Looking through the pages made me realize how far I have come and brought back so many wonderful memories of our life together.

Chris, the guac will freeze/defrost just fine if it is firmly packed in a small container. If you want - cover it with plastic wrap touching the the surface - before freezing. That helps prevent browning, I haven't had it separate. Since it is only me - I only pack 2-3 small servings in each container - maybe about 1 cup. The longest I have kept it frozen is about 3 months.

Eva, that is a neat dress - and an easy to make one. It will be a perfect summer dress. I have a swing dress pattern and lots of summer weight fabric.... really should make a couple of them up. They are much cooler than shorts/tee-shirts.

Got my laundry done late last week - but need to change the sheets on my bed and wash them and the towels. I try to do them early in the day when electric demand is lower. Hope you all have a good week.

tanteva

I've sewn the pieces together. Now I need to figure out where to put the pleats in the neckline for best results. Guessing I should do it differently than the woman who made the pattern since ... well let's put it like this ... I have a little bit more ... hmm ... well ... boobs than her. LOL

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Busy Monday (as always). Hopefully we'll get our new phones ordered today or in the next few days. We get a corporate discount (thru D's work) so they need D to confirm the order so I told her to call today, expecting him to be home (he's been taking Mondays off for awhile now to use up some of his holiday time before he retires next summer). But this wk he's taking off Wed. Ugh. So she might have to call back on Wed, we'll see how it goes today. I'm anxious to get the new iPhone, I'm so fed up with the problems I've had with Samsung.

Jen came by yesterday for a play date with all the dogs. She looked thru my keto/paleo cookbooks and took an armful home with her. I've moved on from that style of eating so I'm glad that she will enjoy the books. I have a few friends doing keto so will pass some of the other books onto them. Even though I gained a few lbs back, I am loving the plant based/vegetarian way of eating and with some tweaking I will lose the excess so am not worried by it. It's funny how our taste/smell changes. I cooked hamburger for D last night and was slightly repulsed by the hamburger smell which surprised me. It wasn't a strong reaction, but still, it felt kind of weird b/c I used to eat a lot of beef. I'm grateful for what keto/paleo got me to realize, that some of us don't do well with combining lots of fats and carbs, so need to predominately pick one or the other. I did great on the fat choice (keto) and now am doing well on the plant based/vegetarian (starches/carbs) but when I mixed them both as per the food pyramid guideline I start bloating, gaining weight, having skin issues, etc.

@faerywings Got a bit of food prep done and meal planning which does help during the week. Between chatting with B on the phone around 6, feeding the dogs, getting them out for a walk/dog park play, by the time I get around to feeding us I just want to get it done quickly as it's getting late, we don't usually eat until between 6:30-7:30.

Busy day ahead so I will grab another coffee and get started on my desk work. Have a good day everyone.

tanteva

Great with a plant based diet is to get your fats from nuts and seeds. I can't wait to get off WeightWatchers - that's what I miss the most - nuts and seeds. I still eat them several times a week, but not as much as I would like to. It's a staple for me normally, but WW don't approve LOL

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all.

It looks like it's going to break loose any minute and storm. We need the rain though. Daisy and I just took our walk - had to wait until two semi trucks cleared the lane - they were bringing top soil in. It's quite a production to get those huge trucks up the steep road, make a sharp turn and then up again. Daisy and I were just getting ready to leave when I saw them coming. No way to get around them, unless I wanted to walk down the hill, which I don't - not with her, anyway. It's too steep and I can do it alone, but if she pulls, I'm over.

Kay, thinking of you - and good luck with your mamo.

They're still not in their house - they're planning to sleep there this weekend. That sounds like a broken record, doesn't it? Haha

Chris, what a lovely morning you must have had, even though yoga was cancelled. I'm rarely up that early either. We did get up early (for me) today because we were supposed to go meet some movers this morning for Roger. Somebody was coming to move their ginormous pool table and we were going to the storage unit to meet them and let them in. At the last minute, they called to cancel - fortunately, we hadn't left the house yet. We had to drive about 30 minutes away. Typical for around here. They're supposed to come next week now.

Adrienne shopped and cooked our dinner here last evening. It was SO good! She fixed stir fry with brown rice and we used tomatoes and a cucumber from our garden in it. I brought in some herbs, too. I guess it's a "thing" here, but they put Maple Syrup (or pancake syrup) in everything (like stir fry/rice, etc. It really added a "punch".

Hope everybody is having a good Monday.

scrap-genie

I'll be around even less than usual this week as it is my annual week of genealogy class. Should be in Pittsburgh but we're virtual again. No homework tonight (other than exploring things we learned about) but the rest of the week may be busier.

Sounds like everyone is doing good things. Eva, hope the dress turns out as it could be very cute and comfy. Are you still seeing the kid magpies? I don't think we can really help but see human-like character in animals, so why not. Felis and Chris your crochet class sounds delightful & hope to see good things. Rae and Kay glad you have better weather for now.

felis

Just don't give up Chris! I'm post on IG that me and you make this together and you can't expose me, lol :cool:. I see you have hard time to spend even time for yourself, but you makes this for me! That's my journey for 2021 and I wouldn't even learn to crochet if wasn't your advices/links. So just try to stick with me in this next stage! Will be fun I promise!
And so, I'm sorry that your plans was messed up by the weather, but it still seems as a very funny morning with Arlene! Hope this time cleaning to not be canceled! And one of my grand grand mothers is been always tells that ''the house work will left even after us'', something that my mom loves to repeat when we get too nervous and impatient. Close to the burn out she likes to give us ice cream breaks! :p

Jean, I miss your posts so much! Have fun on the genealogy class! What is your role in that event lector or 'student'? How is your hubby? Do H&S start to play normal? I remember that last time you told me that they still waiting, is it have some changes? Also how is the new camera? OK,OK, I know you'll probably don't have time to replay, but keep in your mind my curiosity for the next time you can stop by!

Eva, it's an awesome project! Why you aren't took some pics for us? I hope the end result to be satisfying for you!

Kay, have fun with the Red Hat Chapter! So nice to hear that your meetings are back!

Cheryl, OK, I was on way to said how delicious that dinner sounds, BUT pancake syrup is not my thing, sorry! Everything else, magnificent! Isn't the best feeling to produce your own food? I swear the taste is different!

Uhh, I have nothing to share, just an ordinary working day. I hate it, but too often I feels like I'm wasting my time! Hey, but it couldn't be true, right? My purpose on the earth is to carry for my babies and I'm good in that most of the time! LOL! Not this week, bus at most of the time. We just find that Florian (that's one of the gray tabby) is lost the top of his tale, most likely in fight with the neighbour's tomcat, boys *rolls*. Don't worry, he is totally fine, nothing that I'm not totally capable to treat (for a numerous time)! Just from now he will be a centimeter lower. ;)