Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, February 26

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hello to a new week and goodbye to February at the end of it. I always remind myself-- if you can get through Jan/Feb, you're home free. Four days to go.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the bird workshop yesterday. My brother texted me early to see if he could call. I knew something was wrong because he was on my mind the entire day before. I thought to myself, I hadn't talked to him in a while, let me send a text, and check in but he beat me to it.
He and the family are fine. Everyone is fine. My parents got scammed out of a lot of money by some ^&$^#%(%## pretending to be their bank's security. They were told by the scammer not to tell anyone but they finally told my brother and SIL on Saturday. They immediately took my parents to the bank to freeze their accounts and then to the police.
My dad is taking it really hard. Kathy's family is filled with law enforcement so she was able to navigate them through the initial police reports and written statements. Thank goodness that they finally opened up to her.
Meanwhile, I am heartbroken and angry.
I am going down to hang with them today. Kathy and I are taking my mom to get a fraud report from the bank. Not the way I wanted to start the week :brokenheart:

Wishing everyone a happy day

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday Glad that you spoke with the doctor and feel like you are on the right track.

@BrightEyes Good luck sorting through your photos. Any decisions for your camera?

@bcgal00 Lots of good vibes and safe ones as well. I hope that everything goes smoothly on the trip. Is Argentina your first stop? Is their new president that kooky guy who campaigned with a chainsaw?

@Cherylndesigns Thx for the link to the spray, I'll send it to Gary.
Hope that you got everything at WM you needed and that the girls took good care of ya.
That plane sure doesn't look like the one they use in Succession LOL!

I have to get in the shower, I want to leave here first thing and I need to put several layers of spackle under my eyes. If my parents see how tired and worried I look, they will start to worry about me. They don't need that.

Love to you all!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Silly me... I have a calendar propped between the printer and a side divider on the desk... with the month page folded to the back and the numbers showing. Glanced at it this morning and thought "how did it get to be the 29??" Then realized that it was the January page... not February!!! :floorlaugh: :rotfl::lol23: Good thing that I don't use that calendar much. I have one hanging in the kitchen that shows both month and days that I use to keep me on track. And... I use the computer also. But still.... it is the last week of February!!! Of course it is a day longer this year as it is leap year.

Once the sun comes up, I need to go out to the patio and move some things around. I heard on the new last night that there is a high wind warning for both today and through tomorrow so I need to take the patio umbrellas down, take the patio swing off the frame, and move all them plus the small side tables over into the sheltered corner. And then lay the swing frame down and put the top of the frame up against a couple of the patio chair frames. I had to do that last year when we had 72 MPH winds and everything stayed in place. Not suppose to get quite as high this week but it is better to get ready for them to hit around noon today. I will leave them sheltered though March as that is usually our windiest month.

I do have a few errands to run so hope to have time to get the patio done and do the errands before it gets bad. I decided to go to Best Buy and see if they have a SD card that will work in my camera. If they don't, I guess I will go ahead and buy a new camera. Which means also buying a battery recharger for it, too. I also need to get more fresh fruit and veggies so a stop at Smith's is on the agenda.

Ah... the sun is up so I had better get dressed and get the patio ready for the wind. CYL

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Hello to a new week and goodbye to February at the end of it. I always remind myself-- if you can get through Jan/Feb, you're home free. Four days to go.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the bird workshop yesterday. My brother texted me early to see if he could call. I knew something was wrong because he was on my mind the entire day before. I thought to myself, I hadn't talked to him in a while, let me send a text, and check in but he beat me to it.
He and the family are fine. Everyone is fine. My parents got scammed out of a lot of money by some ^&$^#%(%## pretending to be their bank's security. They were told by the scammer not to tell anyone but they finally told my brother and SIL on Saturday. They immediately took my parents to the bank to freeze their accounts and then to the police.
My dad is taking it really hard. Kathy's family is filled with law enforcement so she was able to navigate them through the initial police reports and written statements. Thank goodness that they finally opened up to her.
Meanwhile, I am heartbroken and angry.
I am going down to hang with them today. Kathy and I are taking my mom to get a fraud report from the bank. Not the way I wanted to start the week :brokenheart:

Wishing everyone a happy day
Oh no! I sure hope they are able to get the evil person!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday Glad that you spoke with the doctor and feel like you are on the right track.

@BrightEyes Good luck sorting through your photos. Any decisions for your camera?

@bcgal00 Lots of good vibes and safe ones as well. I hope that everything goes smoothly on the trip. Is Argentina your first stop? Is their new president that kooky guy who campaigned with a chainsaw?

@Cherylndesigns Thx for the link to the spray, I'll send it to Gary.
Hope that you got everything at WM you needed and that the girls took good care of ya.
That plane sure doesn't look like the one they use in Succession LOL!

I have to get in the shower, I want to leave here first thing and I need to put several layers of spackle under my eyes. If my parents see how tired and worried I look, they will start to worry about me. They don't need that.

Love to you all!
I started the nystatin again yesterday. We shall see....

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Silly me... I have a calendar propped between the printer and a side divider on the desk... with the month page folded to the back and the numbers showing. Glanced at it this morning and thought "how did it get to be the 29??" Then realized that it was the January page... not February!!! :floorlaugh: :rotfl::lol23: Good thing that I don't use that calendar much. I have one hanging in the kitchen that shows both month and days that I use to keep me on track. And... I use the computer also. But still.... it is the last week of February!!! Of course it is a day longer this year as it is leap year.

Once the sun comes up, I need to go out to the patio and move some things around. I heard on the new last night that there is a high wind warning for both today and through tomorrow so I need to take the patio umbrellas down, take the patio swing off the frame, and move all them plus the small side tables over into the sheltered corner. And then lay the swing frame down and put the top of the frame up against a couple of the patio chair frames. I had to do that last year when we had 72 MPH winds and everything stayed in place. Not suppose to get quite as high this week but it is better to get ready for them to hit around noon today. I will leave them sheltered though March as that is usually our windiest month.

I do have a few errands to run so hope to have time to get the patio done and do the errands before it gets bad. I decided to go to Best Buy and see if they have a SD card that will work in my camera. If they don't, I guess I will go ahead and buy a new camera. Which means also buying a battery recharger for it, too. I also need to get more fresh fruit and veggies so a stop at Smith's is on the agenda.

Ah... the sun is up so I had better get dressed and get the patio ready for the wind. CYL
Be careful moving all of the outside furniture around!
A battery recharged should come with a new camera.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning,
Still dealing with the thrush. I am not drinking anything but water so I have had a headache most of the weekend from North sugar or caffeine. No headache yet today so hopefully I'm not going to have one. Fingers crossed.....

Woke up at 4 something....without my glasses the 4 was the only number I could make out, lol. But I couldn't go back to sleep until about the time Mark had to get up for work. When he kissed me goodbye around 6:45 I was awake again. I was still tired so I dozed off and on until 8:45 and got up.

No plans today. I changed out of my night gown into my fuzzy lounging jammies.

It's 49 feels like 46 right now. Supposed to reach a high of 65 with a mix of sun and clouds. But I haven't seen the sun yet.

Hope it's sunny where you are! Have a great day!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I probably won't be online again until I check in at some point while away. We spent the evening chatting back and forth with other cruise mates and we were all trying to get info. We finally got to talk to aeromexico and they assured us that the strike would not affect our plane and although the airport may be a bit more hectic than usual, we will be ok. A few others got the same info from their airlines.

I'm heading out in a few minutes to meet a friend at the dog park. This will be the last outing with Remi as we leave tomorrow.

@faerywings Chainsaw guy??? Have no idea. I do know he devalued the peso 50%, took away most government subsidies and many are struggling to feed themselves and afford transport to their jobs. I don't know a lot about the politics of it all but basically I understand it to mean he is trying to entice foreigners to come into the country, spend money, improve their economy which has tanked and this all comes at the expense of the locals.

The big demonstration is scheduled for the afternoon and we arrive later in the evening so thankfully we will miss that, apparently the one in January had thousands of people fighting and demonstrating in the parliament area. Crazy.

HAGD everyone and the next time we chat I'll be somewhere in South America :)

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I'm back... got everything done except for the umbrella under the pergola. It is big, heavy and bulky and not much space between the top of it and pergola. It does have a pin so the top can be pulled apart from the bottom pipe... but I am not strong enough to do it. And it takes 2 people to tip the table/umbrella sideways some to pull it apart. I am waiting until my neighbor across the street gets home from taking his grandson to school to call him to help me. He did it last year and is always willing to give me a hand. Thank goodness for good neighbors!!!

And, yes... I was very careful as I moved things around. They were not too heavy for me shift.

Here is the page I did Feb 22, 2023 - to give you an idea of what had to be done.

Just talked to him and he will be over in about an hour to help.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all.

Chris @faerywings I'm SO sorry and angry about what happened to your parents!!! The scammers are out in force right now and they prey on the elderly - unfortunately, so many of them aren't very tech-savvy and they trust way too much. It just makes me violently angry - I remember how many times my grandma was potentially scammed. She thought everything she got was a "bill" that had to be paid. It's just awful! They're lucky to have all of you and the police contacts!! They have to feel so bad; I can't even imagine. It's really bad right now. I get a scam alert about something on a daily basis. If these low life's would use their knowledge for good, instead of evil, how much better off we'd all be. This just breaks my heart for them.:brokenheart::brokenheart:

I hope that the information I sent you is helpful for Gary. Actually, Ava told me yesterday that she can get more of this and will get more for me when I need it. I would be happy to send you some of this, if you'd like. Maybe Gary could try the Amazon brand and see if that works first. It had the same ingredients in it. I used it again last night - put it on about thirty minutes before bed and I do think it helps. My legs felt warm again last night.

Darn it, we didn't end up going yesterday. Alyssa woke up with a cold and was sneezing and coughing. They are so careful not to bring their sickies around me and we knew we'd be sitting close together, so we postponed it. I do need to go to WM now, since we didn't get there. Some of us went out to dinner last night, though - our favorite Mexican restaurant.

That plane's pretty awesome, isn't it? Rough on the inside - beautiful on the outside. They'll have it looking amazing cuz that's what they do. Roger leaves again tomorrow to roll out the new place in Sarasota. They're having a big unveiling celebration this weekend and the "big wigs" of Sarasota will all be there. They have welcomed them into the community.

I got a pile of "fun stuff" over the weekend and refused to open them until today. Mostly Social Security and United Health Care "fun stuff". I decided to take the weekend off because you can't do anything on the weekend anyway. I'm become like Scarlett O'Hara, but I just opened all of them. WOW! I'm going to start on some things today. I can hardly wait. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hugs to everybody.
XOXO

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I'm back... got everything done except for the umbrella under the pergola. It is big, heavy and bulky and not much space between the top of it and pergola. It does have a pin so the top can be pulled apart from the bottom pipe... but I am not strong enough to do it. And it takes 2 people to tip the table/umbrella sideways some to pull it apart. I am waiting until my neighbor across the street gets home from taking his grandson to school to call him to help me. He did it last year and is always willing to give me a hand. Thank goodness for good neighbors!!!

And, yes... I was very careful as I moved things around. They were not too heavy for me shift.

Here is the page I did Feb 22, 2023 - to give you an idea of what had to be done.

Just talked to him and he will be over in about an hour to help.
Kay, I'm so glad you have help - there are just some things we can't do outselves. I know it will be beautiful when you get everything finished. :heartpumpred:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning ladies and Happy Monday! Well not such a happy Monday for you @faerywings !! I am so sorry to hear about how your parents got scammed!! How horrible is it that someone can pray on the elderly like that and take what they have worked so hard for all of their lives?!! It just infuriates me to no end!! :furious:. I hope that they are able to put who ever has done this behind bars!! What a loser!! :loser:. Your poor Mom and Dad they must feel very hurt and embarrassed by it all!! Please send them my best wishes and give them a big hug!! :hug1:!!

Well we had a wonderful few days away from all of the craziness of the world! The weather was nice and we spent a lot of time in the grotto and had our couples massage, which my Gary just loved!! He wondered why he had never gotten one before LOL. We had a lovely supper at the resorts restaurant for two nights and spent some time just meandering around the pretty town of Parksville and then we went to Coombs and checked out all of the unique shops there and had lunch at the Goats on the Roof Restaurant it was a great getaway for the two of us and a nice way to celebrate 47 years of marriage! Back on the home front and news about the potential sale of the In-Laws place... It looks like they have a full price offer on their property and just the condition of financing for the buyers. The realtor said they really want the place badly and doesn't think that financing will be an issue, but you never know. So yesterday after we got home the In-Laws put in their offer on the house across the street they have until 4pm to either accept or counteroffer. Yikes we might have the In-Laws as our new neighbours by the beginning of summer. If this all goes through than I will probably be MIA from here for a few months as we de-clutter and downsize for Gary's parents. It will be a massive job!! You have no idea how much stuff these people have collected over the years and getting them to get rid of it will be a huge job in itself!! Send us some good vibes and a ton of patience please!! :please::prettyplease:. Well Heather is calling so I will pop back in later to catch up with personals, gotta go :runningdog:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Oh, my... it was so nice to have my neighbor's help!!! It took him all of 2 minutes to pull the pin, lift the umbrella off, and put in in the swing seat (it's on the ground)!! And it is a good thing as the wind has already been blowing for over an hour and is getting stronger by the minute!!! Not quite to the "brace yourself against it" but is getting there soon!!

@faerywings so sorry to hear about the scammers getting to your in-laws...

@taxed4ever glad you had such a wonderful anniversary trip... And WOW... hoping all works out for the inlaws with the sale of their house and the purchase of the house across the street from you!!!

@Cherylndesigns So sorry that Alyssa got sick... but glad that they are being careful to not be around you when it happens. Good for you for taking the weekend off from all the paperwork, etc!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Oh, my... it was so nice to have my neighbor's help!!! It took him all of 2 minutes to pull the pin, lift the umbrella off, and put in in the swing seat (it's on the ground)!! And it is a good thing as the wind has already been blowing for over an hour and is getting stronger by the minute!!! Not quite to the "brace yourself against it" but is getting there soon!!

@faerywings so sorry to hear about the scammers getting to your in-laws...

@taxed4ever glad you had such a wonderful anniversary trip... And WOW... hoping all works out for the inlaws with the sale of their house and the purchase of the house across the street from you!!!

@Cherylndesigns So sorry that Alyssa got sick... but glad that they are being careful to not be around you when it happens. Good for you for taking the weekend off from all the paperwork, etc!!
Yes, I completely put it out of my mind, Kay.