Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, February 19

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Annnnd we are back to Monday! The weekend flew by for me. Did it feel that way to you?

I got a *lot* accomplished but it somehow doesn't feel like I made a dent. It took me what felt like hours and my eyes peeled away but I got all of the emails and phone numbers into the Paperless Post site for the Save the Date cards. I used one of their free premade cards and it was ready to go but could not hit "send." I needed to take a break and look at it with fresh eyes which is on my list for today. I have the party menu ready and the grocery order has been placed. Today is cleaning, decorating, and a little bit of food prep.

I'm not sure if I am going to Coloring Crew today. We'll see how far I get with the stuff around here. I have to get myself back on track, I have been skipping my to-do list and it shows. Loose ends everywhere. :spinningchair:

sheesh, I am exhausted this morning-- another 4.30 am wake up and I caught myself staring at my keyboard for a long time right now. Hopefully, once I get moving, I'll have a little more energy. If not, there's always :coffee1:

xoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hoo boy, I reread that mess of a post ^^ and you can tell my brain isn't fully functioning.
:duckdown:

@vickyday That's such good news that you are feeling better this weekend, continue onward!

@BrightEyes The water pressure cracks me up when I think about every time I tried to do dishes at my MIL's house. We can put the faucet on full blast here and be fine. I go there and automatically use the same "push" and water ends up spraying everywhere.
That's too bad that the showerhead wasn't on sale.

@taxed4ever My Gary had to turn the news off the other morning. I heard something and it made me :soapbox: . He turned it off to shut me up. Hahaha!
Any updates with your ILs and the house?

@Cherylndesigns Good luck and enjoy the 100-Day project. I have a feeling when you are done and you look back, it will be very insightful to you. The photos of Chuck's cowboy hat seem like an appropriate place to start ♥

:grouphugyay:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Monday morning and the temp is 32 feels like 27 but the sun is shining brightly! Supposed to get to 54 at 4 before it starts going backwards.
No plans today except to wash the sheets and maybe some of Mark's laundry and PT. I'm not doing well with "doing" the PT here. I need to get motivated! I may go take a walk around the track over by Mark's shop about 5 minutes away from here sometime after it warms up today. We shall see.
@faerywings sounds like you have a good start to your party. Have you decided more on the decorations?
@Cherylndesigns thinking about you today. :hug2:
@bcgal00 are you packed (mostly) and ready for your cruise?!
:waving3: to @BrightEyes @taxed4ever @pachimac @LSlycord and anyone else who pops in!
Have a great Monday!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
WHAT!!! I was awake at 4:00AM??? I thought that was a thing of the past!!! Managed to stay in bed until 5 AM but didn't go back to sleep!!! I know I will be dragging by 7PM. Not sure what I will get done today. I had planned on going to the store yesterday but by the time I got my shower and dressed it was in mid-afternoon. I had played around on the computer - loading photos from my camera onto the ExHD. Then realized that the SD disc is almost completely full so looked around to see if I had a new one. No... so I must get a new one when I go to the store - either today or tomorrow. I finished the last load of laundry and while it was going I managed to get a couple of LOs done. WOW... have you seen Seafoam by Xuxper??? Fell in love with the colors which led me to looking at photos which took me back to when we lived on Padre Island and that lead to memories of DH which lead to ....!!! :spinningchair:Round and round - from one thing to another!

I signed up for the 100 days challenge but not quite sure what I will be doing for it. I need to get caught up on printing out LOs for DH's memory album. I am way behind on doing those. And Color Play starts on Friday so will be busy with those.

Yesterday was DD#1's birthday. Her hubby took her from Phoenix to Amarillo to attend a concert by "Chicago". That was their favorite group when they were dating so she was thrilled to see them in concert once again. They were going to have lunch with my sister while they were there. They are flying home today. I am sure she will be calling me tomorrow to tell me how it all went.

Will be and running early tomorrow... have to have a fasting blood sugar and other blood work done for my hematologist. One of the test takes 2 weeks to run so have to get it done by mid-week. That means no coffee until after it is done.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all,

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I don't have any real plans today and all of the govt. offices are closed, so that means I won't get any red tape run through. Roger left for Florida yesterday so I hope I don't have any emergencies while he's gone. Oh well, he's only a phone call away. I did get some paperwork over the weekend, but can't do anything about it until tomorrow. Ugh - there's so much to do. We have a new phrase - WWCD? He would say "now, hon, there's nothing you can do today, because it's a holiday, so just relax and get up tomorrow and tackle it". :heartpumpred:

Chris @faerywings sounds like you have everything under control - good job. I don't know if I can do something for 100 days, but I can take a photo a day, which is probably what I'll mostly end up doing. After I get through this maze that is the government (mostly) then maybe my head will be more clear and I can do some projects. We'll see.

Vicky @vickyday thanks for the thoughts and hug I need those. Glad you're feeling a little better.

Kay @BrightEyes I need to go look at that collection you mentioned. I really like her designs, but have so much trouble with the name. :giggle4:

Have a good Monday -But then again, he always called the mailbox the "bill box". :lol23:

XOXO

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
One of the guys who was on the VIP tour with us at Disneyland was sick with a cough, and darnit - my chest has felt tickly for the past few days. I'm praying I'm not getting sick. I had a hard time sleeping because of the tickle in my throat and having to swallow to stop it. UGH.

I started the 100 Days challenge and I'm doing photography and a Disney book. I'm using it as 100 days to be creative about SOMETHING. I"m not forcing myself to do something to the end every day. Well, except the photos. I started a blog for it too. I did a 365 photos blog many years ago and I loved looking back on it. Of course now I can't get to the photos because it's on a blogger site and I don't have the password anymore and I don't have the email address to reset it anymore either. They have put watermarks over all the photos I used through photo bucket when I refused to pay for their service. Those pics are just gone now. WAH. The originals were from an external hard drive that crashed and I lost all photos from 2007-2009.

Disney opened up my tastebuds for sweets again, so I'm having withdrawals again. I hate this. I thought I had left that behind, but the cravings just came back full force. I want a soda so badly - but I won't give in. I'm 7 weeks into cold turkey no soda of any kind, and I just can't break that. I know it's like crack for me - I will go full bore into it again if I even taste it.

@BrightEyes We are having water pressure problems in our house and we can't figure out why. We even called the water company and they told us what pressure should be going into the house and that's fine from the street. However, we flush the toilet when someone's in the shower and it goes to a trickle. Don't even try to take a shower with the washer or dishwasher running. It's so maddening because we used to have GREAT pressure.

@faerywings Do you get up at 4:30 every morning? I'm so bleary in the morning. I used to do it for 2 years when we only had one car. Hubby has to leave the house at 4:15 am to get to work and I drove him in and picked him up every day. I never got used to it.

Also - I cannot have the news on. Ever. I get so angry with the state of the nation and the world that it ruins my entire day. I have a news feed that I get little snippets of what's going on to keep me informed, but not inundated.

@Cherylndesigns WWCD - I love that! And the quote of what he would say is a perfect scrap page idea!

@vickyday Your weather sounds so chilly!! We rarely get into the 30's here. It's 61 here right now and I'm shivering.

Ok - off to the gym (hopefully) and get my photo of the day done. It's a low angle shot.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns WWCD - I love that! And the quote of what he would say is a perfect scrap page idea!

What a great idea, Susie - I need to keep that in mind. He always had an answer for everything. :giggle4:

Some of his favorites:

When the kids would do something like have a fender bender or something similar, he'd say "Well, it ain't arms and legs". or
or "cars can be fixed, kids' lives can't".

Mistakes in the past: "Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time." or "I've got too many current things to worry about than things I did in the past that I can't change". "If you want to lose sleep over it, go ahead, but I'm not going to". Willie Nelson's song "There's Nothing I Can do About it Now" pretty much sums up Chuck's philosophy of life.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
One of the guys who was on the VIP tour with us at Disneyland was sick with a cough, and darnit - my chest has felt tickly for the past few days. I'm praying I'm not getting sick. I had a hard time sleeping because of the tickle in my throat and having to swallow to stop it. UGH.

I started the 100 Days challenge and I'm doing photography and a Disney book. I'm using it as 100 days to be creative about SOMETHING. I"m not forcing myself to do something to the end every day. Well, except the photos. I started a blog for it too. I did a 365 photos blog many years ago and I loved looking back on it. Of course now I can't get to the photos because it's on a blogger site and I don't have the password anymore and I don't have the email address to reset it anymore either. They have put watermarks over all the photos I used through photo bucket when I refused to pay for their service. Those pics are just gone now. WAH. The originals were from an external hard drive that crashed and I lost all photos from 2007-2009.

Disney opened up my tastebuds for sweets again, so I'm having withdrawals again. I hate this. I thought I had left that behind, but the cravings just came back full force. I want a soda so badly - but I won't give in. I'm 7 weeks into cold turkey no soda of any kind, and I just can't break that. I know it's like crack for me - I will go full bore into it again if I even taste it.

@BrightEyes We are having water pressure problems in our house and we can't figure out why. We even called the water company and they told us what pressure should be going into the house and that's fine from the street. However, we flush the toilet when someone's in the shower and it goes to a trickle. Don't even try to take a shower with the washer or dishwasher running. It's so maddening because we used to have GREAT pressure.

@faerywings Do you get up at 4:30 every morning? I'm so bleary in the morning. I used to do it for 2 years when we only had one car. Hubby has to leave the house at 4:15 am to get to work and I drove him in and picked him up every day. I never got used to it.

Also - I cannot have the news on. Ever. I get so angry with the state of the nation and the world that it ruins my entire day. I have a news feed that I get little snippets of what's going on to keep me informed, but not inundated.

@vickyday Your weather sounds so chilly!! We rarely get into the 30's here. It's 61 here right now and I'm shivering.

Ok - off to the gym (hopefully) and get my photo of the day done. It's a low angle shot.
Love your new avatar photo!