Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, August 19

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Yes, It *is* Monday. Each time I woke up last night, I had to remind myself that the weekend was over. I could really use another day. Not that am working this week other than cleaning for my friend, but still. On weekends I feel like I have permission to be lazy whereas during the week, I feel more guilty when I am lazy. YKWIM?

I felt so pampered during the facial and relaxed- at least as much as I am capable of relaxing. That's always a struggle LOL My skin feels so amazing. The technician did a lymphatic massage to help drain the puffiness, no idea if I look any different but oooh, it felt awesome. She also massaged my arms and hands and my fingers. My arthritis has been acting up but everything felt so nice. I wish I could bottle it, shake it up, and put it on for the wedding.

On the way to the salon, I had another close encounter with a hawk. I almost drove into it- it came within a yard or so of my windshield. I love seeing them in the sky, not that close to my car, however. The hummingbirds were all over the feeder last night. We saw three of them and two were not happy with each other, they kept buzzing at each other to keep away from the feeder. Last week one of them was hovering a foot or so above the other, then dropped like a stone to scare the other one off. I was scolding them through the window that there was plenty of nectar to share.

I have a ton of things to do today. Some house stuff (laundry and grocery order), some Oscraps stuff, and some Weis stuff (more lesson planning). Caitlyn, Tom, and I are picking my mom up early tomorrow to go to shore for the day so I have to get packed for that too. As of right now, the weather looks like it will cooperate. *fingers crossed* I hope so since this will be my one and only trip down the shore this season.

what plans do you have today?

Have fun!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Ah yes, the light switch conundrum.
Bwuahahahahaha!! Your story cracked me up. Men tend to make things more complicated than they need to be. The best part of your story was whispering to Alxea :D
Wash your mouth out with soap. I don't ever want to hear you use the "b" word in an O sentence again
I second that!

@BrightEyes Be safe in the heat if you need to run errands this week.
I have (had? I don't know where there are right now) 8x10s of my wedding in a hanging folder and I know they curled a bit too. Hopefully, some time under books (not like you don't have plenty of them to spare LOL) flattens your photos out.

I'm a bad Daily O at the moment.
Andrea-- see Jeanne's warning to Cheryl :D
*gentle hugs to you* You have been through a lot this summer and I am thinking good healing thoughts to you for the upcoming surgery and medical procedures. Thank goodness for your neighbor telling you to go to the ER after the fall. My dad has vertigo but it is not due to the crystals in his ear. Having witnessed him during a vertigo attack, it has to be terrifying to be in it yourself.

@AK_Tracy me too, I would love to send rain to anyone who needs it. The storms weren't bad until after dinner but the town we were in earlier and a lot of surrounding areas were under water. I hope that Scott didn't have trouble getting home from work since the highway he would be on was completely flooded in spots. On the good side, the county fair was canceled due to the weather. He hates having to work the fair. Hates it. The park rangers have to work the parking lots and he always says that he deals with all of NJs stupidest drivers- and that is saying a lot. :rotfl:
Hope you have a wonderful day!

I had Remi back at the hospital yesterday for a wellness check to see how she is doing and they are very impressed with her progress. So for now we can hold off surgery and because she is a small(ish) dog and she has responded so well to medication and rest, there is a chance she might not need surgery for awhile or at all with a few lifestyle changes.
That would be wonderful!!!!! I remember before the visit with the surgeon, I was hoping that would be an option for Jaida but it wasn't. Will you need to do PT with her? I might have links to the exercises we did with J to build the muscles in her hip and thighs. If you are interested, I'll see if I can dig them up.
Also, this morning I realized I haven't taken my thyroid med for 5 days. Ugh.
Oxygen first, my friend! You need to take care of yourself too. Hang in there, you got this!!

I'm moving slow this morning/afternoon. Driving for almost an hour to eat last night, then pigging out, then driving an hour home wore me out. I have motion sickness, so Alyssa was hesitant to ask me to go there. I told her I'd be fine, and I'd take my medication, which I did. It always leaves me a little hung over the next day though. I'm not used to eating all those carbs, either. We made a pact that we wouldn't worry about carbs for once. Alyssa said "no carbs left untouched, Cici." She's so funny and that was our motto. So, I'm sure I'm having a carb hangover today, too.
uuuugghhhh- that sounds like a crummy combination of food and driving and feeling sluggish. Are you feeling better after taking it easy yesterday? You did take it easy yesterday, right?
so I must pull "my social pants" on and go up there.
oooh. I see. I hope you only made an appearance and then went back home (but I also know you won't want to miss out on a minute of seeing the kids/family together.)
Rest today!!!
Why, oh why... does a small project blow up into a HUGE one??? My wedding albums project blew up into a long involved project. I was thinking I had pulled out the box with all the photos of the kids weddings.... NO... it just had the larger professional taken photos of the weddings. So just spent 4 hours pulling photo boxes out (years from 1991 to 1994) to find the rest of the wedding photos!!! Then I had to go through them and select 1 set of photos from each wedding as most had 2-4 copies of each photo. Just finished putting the photo boxes away... and my back and arms are aching big time!!! OH, MY GOSH..
Don't make me come out and yell at you!
First, I needed to scold Cheryl and now I am going to need to scold you too?? Please take breaks and rest. Please!!!
We are always "fine" until it's too late and we are well past fine. The photos will be waiting for you when you are not in pain. xo
PS: I can only imagine how exciting it is to find and see all of them so I get why you had to keep going :D

@vickyday Hope you had a wonderful day too

bcgal00

CHEERY O
@faerywings I will book a consult with the surgeon b/c we need to know that they also agree with the hospital about no surgery right now and we can go over prevention and exercise options for her. I'll let you know what they say. I looked up the supplement you recommended and I can get it on amazon. Remi is doing well, no limping, but the pain/anxiety meds are keeping her quieter so she sleeps more. She scared me last night though, we have the couches blocked off but she walked around the back and leaped over onto the couch that way. The couch had lots of pillows on it so that made the landing soft so she didn't yelp or limp from it. She was very proud of herself. Today the dog pen comes which will be another help in containing her. I sure miss our hummingbirds, we don't get any in our area. Crazy that the hawk swoops so close to the car, yikes!

Today I'll get some house chores done. I am still tired but mostly I think its from the missed thyroid doses. That should resolve over the next few days as I am remembering to take it. Today would have been the day I went to Kananaskis with a friend which would have been exciting but more important to stay with Remi and keep her quiet. D is ok with watching her for a bit but she relaxes and listens more when I am around.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Woke up at midnight and then again at 5:30AM... gave in and got up. Was thinking about paper frames to use for the wedding photos. I had looked for them at Hobby Lobby and Michael's and neither one of them had any. Did a search in my stash and came up with a few. Printed several of them onto white cardstock and will cut them out. Glad I have a paper trimmer which should make the job easier. Only have one with a wavy inner edge - will use scissors for that one. They will be my 'trail run' to see if they are worth the effort to print and cut them out.

Now I am on the hunt for banners that I can use to print out as titles for the main page for each of the weddings. Do any of you know of any kits that might have a banner that would work?? I want to put the names and date of wedding on it. Might even add a cluster with wedding colors to it. I will print and cut it out for the page. Yes... this is going back to my paper scrapping roots.

@BrightEyes Be safe in the heat if you need to run errands this week.
I have (had? I don't know where there are right now) 8x10s of my wedding in a hanging folder and I know they curled a bit too. Hopefully, some time under books (not like you don't have plenty of them to spare LOL) flattens your photos out.

Don't make me come out and yell at you!
First, I needed to scold Cheryl and now I am going to need to scold you too?? Please take breaks and rest. Please!!!
We are always "fine" until it's too late and we are well past fine. The photos will be waiting for you when you are not in pain. xo
PS: I can only imagine how exciting it is to find and see all of them so I get why you had to keep going :D

@vickyday Hope you had a wonderful day too

So far it looks like the flattening treatment on the first 8 photos seems to be working. Need to continue treating the rest of them in groups of 8 at a time. And, yes... it has been exciting and fun finding all the other photos from all the weddings. I had forgotten many of them that we took so it was a surprise to see them again.

Yes, Momma Chris... I have been taking breaks every hour or so... walking around, stretching, etc. I was good and relaxed in the chair massager last evening for over an hour... after I put the photo boxes back in the craft room closet. I am trying to control the mess by putting things back into the bins when I quit working with them. I am sure once I have decided on the title pages and papers to use for each wedding, the project will really start moving along quickly. A lot of the photos we took will go into photo sleeves which will be easy.

Time for my shower and get dressed. I got my FWP LO for this week uploaded last evening so I feel free to work on the wedding pages today.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone, we finally have some RAIN!! We had a really good thunderstorm on Saturday night, it woke me up and it was pouring!! DH didn't hear a thing LOL. Then yesterday afternoon we got another thunderstorm and it rained for most of the rest of the day. I haven't heard anything about any forest fires from the lightning and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way! I got all my housework and laundry done yesterday and then MIL and FIL came over to look at our blinds. MIL loves them and wants to get new blinds for the whole house, FIL wants to get some cheaper ones of course that is just the way he is :giggle4: . Its not like they can't afford them :confused:. That is an argument they will have to deal with themselves, we are staying out of it!! Anyway they have a fellow coming on Wednesday to show them some samples and give them a quote. They want us there when he comes. Today I need to get busy making a birthday card for MIL, she will be 88 on the 23rd of August. I am also in the middle of making a journal for her and I have lots left to do on that! I will be spending most of the day in the craft room and looking forward to it! Tuesday my nephew and family are coming for a little visit to say goodbye as they are back on the plane to Australia on Thursday. My Brother and SIL will miss them so much! Well Heather is calling so I gotta run! Have a great day everyone!

AK_Tracy

Good morning!

Caitlyn, Tom, and I are picking my mom up early tomorrow to go to shore for the day so I have to get packed for that too. As of right now, the weather looks like it will cooperate. *fingers crossed* I hope so since this will be my one and only trip down the shore this season.
This sounds so fun! Enjoy the beach day!
we finally have some RAIN!!
YEAH! Glad you finally got some rain.

We had another fun wind storm last night. Thankfully the power stayed on all night long.
Its Monday, so that means I will be cleaning house and preparing the dough for Fridays dinner.
Have a wonderful day!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
It is a sad day for the family... just got word that DSon#2's mother-in-law passed away. My heart is aching for DDaughter-in-law #2. Her mom had Alzheimer's and has had other health issues for the past year. They have been flying from east coast to Colorado every month for most of this year.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning (it will be afternoon by the time I get done.

I'm still tired today. Chris @faerywings I DID take it easy yesterday. Didn't even get dressed until about five, then went to Adrienne's and honestly just made an appearance. Our crazy friend, Kenny was there so it was good to see him. He always perks me up. If you ever see some "strange guy" in any of my pictures, it's Kenny. I didn't stay too long - Adrienne had me a plate fixed, so I sat down and ate that and visited for awhile. We never did go inside and the heat was so bad. I finally bowed out and came home. They kiddos are leavng tonight, I guess. Their mom wants to drive all night while they sleep. We used to do the same thing.

Everybody (but me) is going to some sunflower field about an hour and a half away from here to take pictures of the kids. Then they want to eat afterwards and I guess Alyssa and the kids will leave from there. I'm begging off this time - no long car rides and eating late for me today. Roger says he didn't know why we couldn't photoshop a picture of a sunflower field behind the kids. He said he'd go out and buy a dozen of them today and voila! It was pretty funny and cracked me up, but I don't think Adrienne was terribly amused. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Of course, this is the brainchild of Miss Ava. :lol23::lol23:

I need to get dressed and head up there and tell the kiddos goodbye in case they take off early and I don't get to spend time with them. Adrienne is on her last fumes too. It's hard to have little ones staying with you when you're not used to them. Her house is wrecked and she's stressing over that. I told her, last night (AGAIN) to let it go and she could get it cleaned when they leave. One of Chuck's favorite sayings was "The best day is when they arrive for a visit. The second-best day is when they leave". :giggle4::giggle4:

Hugs to all. XOXO

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
It is a sad day for the family... just got word that DSon#2's mother-in-law passed away. My heart is aching for DDaughter-in-law #2. Her mom had Alzheimer's and has had other health issues for the past year. They have been flying from east coast to Colorado every month for most of this year.
Oh Kay, I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending love and hugs to your whole family. :hug3::hug2::heartpumpred:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Afternoon,
I never did make it back in here yesterday to do personals. I'll take care of that at the end.
Got up at 8:30 today (so much for good intentions of walking!). Got my shower first. Took care of junk email. Contacted a friend from church who said she was interested in my stickers I had for sale. Took those to her, telling her she could have whatever she could use. She adds them to the cards she sends. I didn't have much she could use for that. Told her to look through them at her leisure. She will probably bring them back to me on Wednesday evening at church.
Coming back from her house I stopped at the grocery store with the intentions of getting 2 items for Mark. Ended up spending almost $80 (after saving over $30!). YIKES! Brought the groceries home and put them away and left again to pick Mark up from work to go to lunch. I had to call and make an appt. for my car inspection and oil change when I got back home. Then caught up on reading the chatter threads here from yesterday and today. I will make some personals and then probably work on some more Scripture art.
At some point today, Ilene will be back home, call me and make plans for us to get together probably tomorrow. She has been up north with family helping out. The woman is going to be sorely missed when the Lord calls her home to glory!
No other plans. It is hot today, but the humidity is down, so it doesn't feel so bad!
Have a good afternoon!

Now, HOPEFULLY I can remember what all of these Quotes are in reference to....... :floorlaugh:

The event at church is dinner and then small groups for all the volunteers. I'll be helping with set up and clean up, and then be a fly on the wall to see what goes on in front of and behind the scenes. It should be a full day. I'm looking forward to it.
Sounds like fun! Thanks for explaining!
Does anyone need some rain?
We were supposed to get thunderstorms yesterday. ALL afternoon the warnings flashed across the TV! We heard thunder in the distance but we didn't get a drop of rain! But, we don't REALLY "need" any!
I opened my front door, a hawk took off over the hedges. So impressive
Yes! I love seeing the hawks out in our back yard! Usually perched in a tree or on top of one of the sheds....looking for prey!
I don't like long nails either, they are impractical for me.
I'm with you! If they start getting much over the end of my fingers, its time to chop them off! I cannot stand to hear them clicking on the keyboard either! I usually have to cut mine back every 3-4 weeks!
Since my glasses are the first thing I put on in the morning, it seems ridiculous not to wear them.
I agree! I cannot understand why they want us to remove our glasses for the driver license photo! I should've asked!
The flashlight-bathroom story wasn't the point I was headed to, but the fact that we have a bunch of smart/dumb bulbs in the house.
It may not have been the point, but it was HILARIOUS!! :floorlaugh:
And those DUMB smart bulbs drive me nuts sometimes! Ours do the same things when the electricity goes off! Fortunately, that doesn't happen too often!
whisper, mind you, to Alexa to turn off the lights. I could have done that in the bedroom, but that one doesn't always hear that well and I didn't want to have her forget to whisper and say "Hmm, I don't know that one " and wake up hubs.
Our grandkids have fun with turning the lights off on someone who is in the bathroom! They don't realize you can still hear them whispering to Alexa from the bathroom! We don't have a very big house, LOL!
That page is incredibly cool & I remember those wire flowers.
Thanks! It took quite a while to find all the papers I wanted to use, but I had fun doing it!
It's an amazing thing how the body works. Who knew we have crystals in our ears?
AMEN! We are fearfully and wonderfully made! (Psalm 139:14)
I had Remi back at the hospital yesterday for a wellness check to see how she is doing and they are very impressed with her progress.
Such good news! Glad the surgery is postponed! Hopefully she won't have to have it with a lifestyle change!
Hope you are feeling better!
I.will.never.eat.that.much.again. Plus, drive an hour each way to do it. :sick::crazy:

Maybe I'll feel better if I go up there and will be in a better "state" when I get home later. I hope so.
I hope you are feeling better today!
Why, oh why... does a small project blow up into a HUGE one???
That's what always seems to happen to me, too, Kay! I'm always saying to Mark in the middle of a project......How do I get myself into these messes!?!
I felt so pampered during the facial and relaxed
That sounds so refreshing! I've never had a facial! Went to a hot springs place in WV once for a dip in the pool and then a full body massage afterwards. That will never happen again! Too much touching for me, LOL!
The hummingbirds were all over the feeder last night.
I love watching them! The feeder is right outside the kitchen window and sometimes they hover at the window watching us watch them! Sometimes, when we are out on the deck near the feeder, they hover in front of our face as if to say, You need to leave as you are in "our" space, LOL!
tomorrow to go to shore for the day
Hope you have a great, relaxing time!
They will be my 'trail run' to see if they are worth the effort to print and cut them out.
Bully, Bully to you, Kay! One of the reasons I was so glad to get away from traditional scrapbooking was because I HATED fussy cutting stuff out! I understand why you are doing so, though.
Yes... this is going back to my paper scrapping roots.
My granddaughter, who just turned 20, wants to start scrapbooking. I will get her started with some of my hoarded supplies, but, eventually, I'm going to try to convince her to go digital!
Morning everyone, we finally have some RAIN!!
Good for you!
we are staying out of it!!
They probably wouldn't listen to you, anyway!
It is a sad day for the family... just got word that DSon#2's mother-in-law passed away.
So sorry to hear this, Kay. Prayers for the family!
I'm still tired today.
:hug2:
Their mom wants to drive all night while they sleep. We used to do the same thing.
We used to do that, too!
It's hard to have little ones staying with you when you're not used to them.
AMEN to that!
"The best day is when they arrive for a visit. The second-best day is when they leave". :giggle4::giggle4:
AMEN to that, for sure! I always say, "Love to see them come and love to see them go!" :giggle4::giggle4:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Some times, we just need to relax and what we need comes our way with no problem...
I was looking for the exact dates of the weddings and was confused on a couple of them... so I pulled out DH's Grumman Career album 2 as I knew the wedding LOs had the wedding dates in there along with a few photos. I nearly fell out of the chair... there was a beautiful banner with names and dates for all the weddings LOs in there! I carefully unstuck the banners from the pages then made several copies of them! :dancing6::dancingbfly:dance4 And yes... I made several copies of the banners... just in case! :spinningchair: