Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, August 15

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy New Week to you all!!
I am so glad that I got away last week for a change of scenery. I am so bored! I can't even do housework ATM.
Eva should have warned me more often that doing housework is bad for you. :D I know that it is implied, it is right there in the word: housework
Yesterday I was cleaning the bathroom and as I was reaching to scrub behind the toilet bowl, I cut my finger on the metal garbage can. Curved right around my knuckle. It finally stopped bleeding overnight, every time I moved my finger it started to gush again. I have two butterfly strips on it right now and if I need to splint it later to keep it from moving I have one of them too. These are things I keep stocked in the house for Gary who usually is the one chopping off and slicing up bits of his fingers. LOL!
I tried to finish vacuuming after that happened but that was a bad idea. I started a page for the 52 Inspirations challenge and will post that one later today. I can't do any yard work just yet. Not that there is much to be done-- still no rain... pffffffft

So yup, I am bored.

Not much to do today as it is--- I guess I should work on my food shopping and recipes for the week.

hugs!

LSlycord

Good morning. A new week...not a week I am looking forward to. This is the one where Sydney leaves home. Three more sleeps. Yep, not looking forward to this week at all.

I continued my reorganization and purge over the weekend. Now I am putting everything back in the closet although we aren't done. The kids spent some time going through things with me. It was crazy the things that they said I couldn't throw away. And then Shaun asked me how he and Syd would know what to throw away when I died. I told him they could throw away anything that they didn't want. Shaun is a complete hoarder...don't see him throwing away anything so I definitely need to have it purged and easy before I go. Good news...I am not planning on "going" anytime soon.

Did I tell you that I am going back to Iowa for a long weekend in September? My great-niece turns one and my second great-nephew was born on August 6 so I'll get to meet him at the same time. Might need to make a paper chain.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord
I definitely needed my mom when I was an adult. I have always said that I learned what unconditional love meant from my parents. They were such encouragers for me. I hope that I have done that...and can continue to do it...for my two.
You do!!
One of the happiest moments in PA for me was when I got out of bed and my mom was still asleep. I went to get some coffee and on the counter, she had left out a mug, spoon, and coffee. It sounds totally corny but that she thought to do that for me before she went to bed just made me smile and warmed my heart. Then I realized that we all do that, in some variation, in this house too. I think those little things are passed along, ingrained in our natures. Our kids will do the same, whether it be for their human-kids or fur-kids in the case of my two. :D

@tanteva *high 5* That is so impressive that you wrote those letters. Even more that you didn't put pressure on yourself to write 14 different ones. Good for you!! Hope you slept well and work went fine

@Cherylndesigns you have *no* idea how many liquor stores are in my town- I can literally *walk* to four of them. Liquor stores (4), pizzerias (3), and banks (3) within walking distance but nothing else Lhahahahah!!!
All of this talk of ketchup is making me queasy heh
Any more news about your friend? Burns are just awful :(

Eva!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! #clap
Note to self: Never, ever make a bet against Eva!!!

@pachimac Gadget and Gizmo are too cute!!! Most- if not all dogs are goofballs in their own way!
Just wait until your kids are well past the teenage years and figure the statute of limitations is past and they are safe from grounding and start spilling the beans about the stuff they did when they were teens. That will curl your hair! ha!!!
Did you figure out the GIFs?

@Kythe Can I just copy and paste what you wrote yesterday b/c that pretty much sums it up for me. Gary has messes in just about every room and it makes me bonkers. As I said, just getting away for two days helped a lot, I don't; do much or go anywhere and it makes me cranky too
Please feel free to vent here or if you want, PM me, I totally get it *nods*

@scrap-genie It sounds like you had a nice day doing nothing yesterday, I hope it was wonderful and relaxing! You were on a roll, 3 pages in one afternoon!
Bwuahahah!!! Goth girl going bride to be!! For real!! And she wants a white dress and all that. I already started saving, that will be my gift to her. My mom wants to do the veil. Ahhh!! And the bridesmaids' colors she is looking at are lavenders and greys and some plum for an accent.
Of course, the engagement party decor is going to be "Elegant Spooky" so she isn't drifting tooooo far :D
Still and all it worked as here we still are.
54 years and still going strong

Love to you all!!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning, my lovelies.

Chris @faerywings I'm so sorry you sliced your hand. On the flip side - that's a good excuse to not do anymore house WORK for a few days. I'll take any excuse I can get. We had family dinner last night - our family is growing - all 3 of the significant others were there last night and we had a smashing few rounds of Scattergories. That was the name of the game I couldn't think of the other day. We get pretty wild when we play that. If anybody else has the same answers, they cancel each other out. That makes for some shouting and then laughter. Some of the answers are a riot, too. It's a lot of fun.

Our friend isn't doing very well. I posted a couple of updates on my FB page - but we dinally heard from their daughter yesterday afternoon. Nobody can even go in and see Jason he's in isolation, on a ventilator and they're keeping him very sedated. He has 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his face, neck, arms and torso. It's so sad. Drag racing is a huge part of their lives and if they can't do that, it will be sad. I wanted to post these pictures of happy time - Asher got to go to a race and sit in one of their cars and you can see the glee on his face. Everybody's trying to hang on to those times. I'll keep new updates on my FB page as I get them.

These are pictures of Asher and Jason. Asher-in-dragster.jpgAsher-and-Jason-2.jpgasher-and-jason-1.jpg

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone!! I'm Baaacckk!! Well sort of LOL. DH is sick and has not been able to get back to work. Not Covid, but a terrible cold with a sore throat, we both took a Covid test and both came out negative, but will take another test tomorrow just to be sure. We had such a wonderful time with all of the kids and grands!! Lots of great memories made and lots of photos to one day get scrapbooked! I have lots to catch up on here and have been going through some of the chatter threads, you ladies have all been very busy! Our trip out to Ottawa went without a hitch and our luggage was the first off the plane Hooray!! The trip home however was disastrous, flight was delayed which then started the snowball effect of us missing our connecting flight out of Toronto to Nanaimo. So the airline re-booked us to Calgary. Well that flight was delayed 20 mins leaving for what reason I have no idea, the pilots and crew were all on board and we were backed out of the terminal and just sitting there waiting on the tarmac grrrrr!! So guess what? We missed our connection once again. Ended up having to stay overnight in Calgary and booked on the next flight out of Calgary too. One of the best things we did while we were sitting Toronto waiting for our flight to leave to Calgary was to purchase two hours in the airport lounge, we had over three hours to kill and it was very relaxing to just sit in the quiet away from all the hustle and bustle of the busy Toronto airport and enjoy a hot meal and a few glasses of wine, it was so worth the extra $$'s. We would have spent more money just getting a meal in one of the airport restaurants. So I am done travelling for this summer LOL. I know that there are lots of others who had a worse time travelling than us, the bad thing is that my DH caught something on one of those flights and you know what men are like when they are sick right??? Hopefully he is on the mend soon and I will keep my fingers crossed that I don't get whatever he has! That being said, I will most likely take another day or so before I am back here full time again. I will try to get some commenting done and hopefully get a page posted over the next few days. Sorry for not doing personals right now, but will catch up with all of you very soon!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Quick in and out today.... not feeling well. I was suppose to go to the base today to pick up Meds and commissary/grocery shopping but have put it off until I feel better. Wondering if it is "old age" coldness I am feeling (I remember when DH started staying cold most of the time)??? But mine only last a few hours in the middle of the day - then I am back to feeling the heat by late afternoon! This is the 5th day. Dreamed I was outside and it was snowing last night.... Crazy!! Took the Home Covid test yesterday and it was negative... thank goodness. DD#3 wanted me to take a 4 day trip with her to visit DD#1 and family this coming weekend but I turned her down due to feeling bad.

Chris, so sorry you cut your finger so badly!!! OUCH!!! Yes, a splint on the finger would probably help and let it heal quicker.

This definitely going to be a PJ day.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
@faerywings I have not figured out the GIFs. Each forum I go to is different!

Wait - I think I figured it out.

BlindAstonishingAfricanelephant-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

pachimac

CHEERY O
Nothing much out of the ordinary happening here. We are homeschooling our daughter for her last year and it's very bittersweet! No more book box days. No more school supply shopping...she's growing up so darned fast.

For those following the doggie saga, Gadget is better - no hives, but the Benedryl really messed with his tummy so I'm finding doggy yack around the house. Ew. He didn't last night so I'm hopeful it's over with.

Other than that, I am just trying to find my way around the O and figure out what I'm doing!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Snoring? I'm the snorer - part of why I stay up later - I want him to get good and deep into sleep so I don't wake him up.

He's working tomorrow & I'm not. Wanted to finish my book, chose to sleep on the couch. Plus, it's hot upstairs, and cooler downstairs.

Book's finished now & it's past 1am. Need to get started on that snoring!

pachimac

CHEERY O
Uhhhhh, no -WHERE is it written that snoring married people have to sleep together?????
It’s not written anywhere, but my parents had a horrible marriage near the end and my Mom told me to never take away that night time connection because it really destroyed their intimacy in the end. She moved into my room when I moved out. My dad had apnea and slept with a CPap.

Mike and I have always slept in the same bed regardless of snoring ( except when he had Covid. He was banished, but I got it anyway. ) that last little talk at night is super important to us.

all joking aside - I know other marriages work just fine sleeping apart. Your mileage will vary. For us, this just works.