Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, April 8

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It is *finally* going to feel like spring today!!!
Wheeeee!

How was everyone's weekend? Are you ready for the week ahead?
I didn't have the best day yesterday and have all of my hopes that today I'll get out of my funky mood. I'm not sure what is causing it but the weather sure isn't helping. The weather was crummy most of the morning and it stayed cold. I had already started cleaning the kitchen when I figured I would go ahead and steam-clean the carpets. For 3.5 hours. :vacuuming: They could have used one more pass but I like my shoulder attached to my torso. I think it would have fallen off and run away if I kept going. LOL
After I had done the rugs, I went to put clean sheets on my bed. One of the dogs (maybe both) had jumped on it and left muddy footprints on the mattress cover. :thud: It's a losing battle with me and mud.
However, me and the mud are going to be besties today! My goal is to finish my menu and grocery order for the week (any dinner suggestions, I am tapped out), and the rest of the day I am in the yard. I hope I see some bug friends, I miss them :) Ooh, I wonder if I'll see TJ this season. (TJ is a toad that lives on my patio. Or one of several toads that look identical LOL)

Do any of you live in the eclipse zone? We are on the edge of it with 90% coverage. I don't have any plans for viewing or any glasses. I'll tell ya, the people in my local Facebook groups are all looking for glasses. :cool: The library was giving them away last week but they ran out.

HAGD and sending lots of hugs to you all!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@JeanneMN Kindred souls is good ♥
Did you see the Freebies section in the shop? Have fun!
And no worries, we won't tell your DH about any other shopping you might do. *zips lips, throws away the key*

@BrightEyes OMG! I am so glad that Dee and Jim are ok! That must have been a terrifying experience for them. It's awful that their vehicles/home are totaled but thank goodness they weren't injured.
Jim and Alyn have been busy getting a lot done too. Bet you are thrilled that Jim found your hearing aid. And all of the computer help, that is priceless.
Oh crud, I just read your second post- so sorry that they left already. That must have felt like such an abrupt goodbye.
I am sending safe and easy traveling vibes to your entire family :sparkles1:

@bcgal00 You are such a good mom and so supportive of Jen. I hope she decides to stay (as long as that is best for her of course-- but I hope that is what is best for her LOL)
I need to get a new pair of sneakers and I am thinking about getting a hiking shoe instead of a regular sneaker. I have to try them on because my feet are flat and I pronate. I have a few other brands I want to try-- Merrells, Keens, and Brooks trail runners are all ones I want to check out.

@Cherylndesigns Why is it that barking dogs make us aggravated? Mine were off the rails yesterday afternoon too. The road along the lake must have been blocked because the traffic on my street was awful for about an hour. Not as bad as the Autumn Lights Festival but way more than usual. Any time a car slowed down they were so dang loud! I ended up yelling at them which is the wrong thing to do but I couldn't help myself. :angry4:
Sounds like you and Adrienne had a nice time shopping and snacking together--no more extra espresso shots. :p
It's such a losing battle with the dog(s) on the bed. I had more room last night because Caitlyn and Tom bribed Whisky upstairs with popcorn and she stayed with them. Yup, keeping the extra blanket on my headboard helps so much when they steal the covers.
I have to check out the new AJ challenge!
Ha! GMTA! I see you linked up Jeanne with the Freebie section.

OK, my lOves! Time to get my day started
xo

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. I am still using DH's computer right now. I still need to install my bookmarks and passwords on the new HP tower before I make the switch over onto it. And I realized that I had not copied a couple of kits/LOs onto the HP tower. So I will switch the ExHD back to the old computer to get them and then move it back to the HP tower. Always hate getting a new computer set up. Just glad there is room on the desk for 2 monitors and towers. Hope to have most of it done in the next couple of days.

Yes, things were hectic once son Jim and Alyn realized they needed to be back in Vegas for the job orientations. They will be working at the same store - and hopefully be on the same shift. Got a text that they arrived safely. Moms worry about their chicks when they are traveling. Heard from niece Dee that they have been able to get into the trailer and salvage quite a bit. His employees were there to help them. My heart aches over what they are dealing with.

Tomorrow will be busy day, too. Have a brown bag lunch with my gals then son-in-law will be here in the afternoon and spend the night. He is quite a computer tech so will have him help with a few things that Jim and I didn't get moved to the new computer. Thank goodness timing was right to get help from Jim and Charlie... and it is before the new internet/phone install is done.

Will be back later to do personals.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Well, it is always something else with me these days. I got a pretty good sunburn on my face on Saturday while having the yard sale and this is what my face looks like this morning:
50089~2.jpeg
I'm sure it must be sun poisoning. The internet says to seek immediate medical attention if there is facial swelling, so I called and got an appt. for 2 o'clock this afternoon. Fun, Fun!

It was so chilly and windy that I was bundled in a coat and scarf and gloves most of the day, which left my face exposed. I could tell my forehead was burning, but I had no idea it was getting so bad! My face was beet red Sunday but there was no swelling that I noticed anyway. I wore a heavy coat of foundation to tone down the red for church yesterday. I was shocked this morning when I woke up! It was sore to the touch yesterday, and really only hurts if I rub it with cloth, so I washed the makeup off with my hands and water this morning and then patted my face dry.

I need to get some laundry done today since my weekend was busy with the yard sale (really all week, too, with preparing for it!)

Thoughts and prayers appreciated as I go to the doctor later!
Have a wonderful day!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all. I am still using DH's computer right now. I still need to install my bookmarks and passwords on the new HP tower before I make the switch over onto it. And I realized that I had not copied a couple of kits/LOs onto the HP tower. So I will switch the ExHD back to the old computer to get them and then move it back to the HP tower. Always hate getting a new computer set up. Just glad there is room on the desk for 2 monitors and towers. Hope to have most of it done in the next couple of days.

Yes, things were hectic once son Jim and Alyn realized they needed to be back in Vegas for the job orientations. They will be working at the same store - and hopefully be on the same shift. Got a text that they arrived safely. Moms worry about their chicks when they are traveling. Heard from niece Dee that they have been able to get into the trailer and salvage quite a bit. His employees were there to help them. My heart aches over what they are dealing with.

Tomorrow will be busy day, too. Have a brown bag lunch with my gals then son-in-law will be here in the afternoon and spend the night. He is quite a computer tech so will have him help with a few things that Jim and I didn't get moved to the new computer. Thank goodness timing was right to get help from Jim and Charlie... and it is before the new internet/phone install is done.

Will be back later to do personals.
So your visit with your son was cut short? That's too bad! Glad you got most of the computer stuff done!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
It is *finally* going to feel like spring today!!!
Wheeeee!

How was everyone's weekend? Are you ready for the week ahead?
I didn't have the best day yesterday and have all of my hopes that today I'll get out of my funky mood. I'm not sure what is causing it but the weather sure isn't helping. The weather was crummy most of the morning and it stayed cold. I had already started cleaning the kitchen when I figured I would go ahead and steam-clean the carpets. For 3.5 hours. :vacuuming: They could have used one more pass but I like my shoulder attached to my torso. I think it would have fallen off and run away if I kept going. LOL
After I had done the rugs, I went to put clean sheets on my bed. One of the dogs (maybe both) had jumped on it and left muddy footprints on the mattress cover. :thud: It's a losing battle with me and mud.
However, me and the mud are going to be besties today! My goal is to finish my menu and grocery order for the week (any dinner suggestions, I am tapped out), and the rest of the day I am in the yard. I hope I see some bug friends, I miss them :) Ooh, I wonder if I'll see TJ this season. (TJ is a toad that lives on my patio. Or one of several toads that look identical LOL)

Do any of you live in the eclipse zone? We are on the edge of it with 90% coverage. I don't have any plans for viewing or any glasses. I'll tell ya, the people in my local Facebook groups are all looking for glasses. :cool: The library was giving them away last week but they ran out.

HAGD and sending lots of hugs to you all!
I wonder if those funny little "glasses" you get from the eye doctor after they dilate your eyes would work? Don't they cut out the UV light? I think NC will be able to see it, but not sure about the coverage.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
LOL... :greengrin::dancing6::spinningchair::yesss: I am on my new computer... and have all my bookmarks and passwords in place!!!

And I got the LO uploaded... turns out I have saved it to the ExHD already. Just need to set up a few more folders set up on this one and I will ready to go.

JeanneMN

I could use a hug, yet another ugly confrontation over the phone with my adult son. I'm almost done shaking, but my morning had me all jazzed up after my workout, now I feel like a deflated balloon so I'm going to listen to 60's gold and go and organize my new O playthings so I can do another page. Have a great day y'all

scrap-genie

We are geared up for the total eclipse in a bit. Looked like we'd have clouds from the forecasts for a long time, but so far it's sunny and should be amazing. And absolutely, don't view the sun without the special glasses.

zanthia

CHEERY O
i live in 90% totality - have no glasses just at home which happens in 5 minutes .sky is perfect for it

watching on tv ,right after total totality it is light so even with 90% looking out window odds are wont see anything

would love to see100%

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
We weren't in the Path of Totality, but it did get pretty dark here. I took pictures inside my house and my phone had to go on night mode. My dog was following me so closely that if I stopped, I stepped on her toes. It just barely touched the SE corner of our state, we're right above Texas and then it went northeast. I saw the last one in Florida, and it got real dark outside. I didn't have those special glasses, so I didn't go outside.

FloridaGranny

We weren't in the path of totality either, but I was surprised at how the bright blue sky darkened. I didn't have the glasses so watched the NASA channel on TV. Amazing! It's exciting to be a witness to this rare event. (Kinda like being alive at the Millennium, lol)

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Good afternoon. Mandatory OT for us. I hate when it’s mandatory. Working on tax stuff too… oh yay to that.

My brother and his wife moved to FL earlier this year and totally excited about that. This is the closest we have lived to each since I left small town MO over 25 years ago… so all that to say they will be in Tampa this week and I get to see and hang out with them!!!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
NO...NO... NO! Don't try those.
I didn't. As it turned out I was at the doctor's office for sun poisoning after spending all day in the sun and wind Friday and Saturday. Here's what my poor face looks like:

IMG_20240408_145039018.jpg
She gave me a steroid shot and said that was about all she could do for me.