Oscraps

Daily Ooos: May 8-9: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It finally feels somewhat like a weekend to me. Having plans/work again feels darn good. I am thrilled and relieved that working two days in a row didn't wipe me out either. Granted, it was only for 3 hours each day but it isn't sitting at a desk, it pretty strenuous. eh... honestly, yesterday wasn't too strenuous actually. My friend bought two different floor cleaners that I just had to push around. So even though I swept. vacuumed, mopped, and rinsed the floors it was nothing like hands-and-knees scrubbing. In fact, I ended up working in the yard for an hour and a half after that. Mostly splitting and transplanting some stuff from here to there. I think Monday I am going to see if I can pick up my herbs and veggies from the garden center. It is still also darn cold up here, we still haven't turned the heat off.

Sidenote: One really nice thing about working again is that I have cash!!! Sure... I *should* spend it on groceries but herbs and veggie plants eventually become groceries, right??

I have no plans today other than stripping my bed and running laundry. Caitlyn submitted her paper last night so she is done- until her summer course begins but that isn't for a few weeks. It is raining today so I can't be outside and I'm thinking that she might want to do some puzzles together again. We haven't done that since the first week or so of the semester. I should also be working on making cards to email to all of the moms for tomorrow. I didn't do a darned thing for them. I stink. :(

Wishing everyone a terrific day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns I am so darn excited for you-- and I love that the workers waved when they saw you taking pictures of them and the Ditch Witch.
What is it about cats and keyboards? Catzilla (aka Kibs, aka Heather) thought that the keyboard was the best place for her to be, and considering she was 16+ lbs, she wasn't the easier to move. LOL
I found pictures of her yesterday sleeping on my mousepad- She would close out files on me so I understand why you would be worried about Sam screwing up your downloads.
No advice or hacks on how to get that floor tiles cleaned? I left her a note saying that by the time I was done I had no idea if it looked any different than when I started but you could smell that I bleached the heck out of it. Had to open the windows for some fresh air. It will be nice to have someone come and clean the house for you- when I was really sick, my mom offered to pay to have someone come here and clean which was really funny because - why would she pay someone *else* to clean here when that was what *I* was doing for other people? :D

@tanteva That Discord!! He is a smart boy. I don't know when I started to keep my speakers turned off at all times, but that might have been a reason- cats know how to push all of the buttons, literally and figuratively!

Kay- hope that you slept better this morning. That was me today-- up at 4 am and unable to get back to sleep.
That was nice to have your niece over and a very good idea to have her submit them from your house too. Did you finish your two new books yet? *winks*
We have a septic system here so I try to use as little bleach as possible but we also have lots of iron in your water so the sink gets stained super easy. It is a no-win thing.
You must be so excited to have the Red Hats together! How fun. It really feels like things might be changing up a bit!!

xoxo

Attachments

• CIMG1362.JPG
    CIMG1362.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 4
  • CIMG1358.JPG
    CIMG1358.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 4

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Today I'm doing meal prep, house chores (especially vacuuming b/c Remi likes to bring the outdoors in i.e. sticks and leaves). I'll be heading to Walmart in a bit b/c D had a really bad leg cramp last night that left his leg feeling really sore today so I'll go get him some epsom salts to soak in the tub. It's raining this morning but should stop by afternoon so will take the dogs and meet J and Bella at the dog park for playtime.

@faerywings Glad the cleaning wasn't too strenuous for you.

I'm getting more coffee before showering and getting on with my day. Have a good wkend everyone. bfn

Kythe

CHEERY O
I am really busy these days with my digi work. I help behind the scenes here making gifts for a number of designers. It is fun because I get to make a bunch of clusters and maybe a QP or two for the new kits. All that plus my CT duties here. Coffee, I need more coffee!
Big news, for me anyway, I was recently asked to collaborate on designing a kit with a designer at a different store. So I have now dived headlong into the design world via collaboration. It is exciting and scary all at once.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Been lazy today. Did make dinner, but that's about it.

Made 2 layouts - way out of my comfort zone + I have no idea what I'm doing. Just adding filters and layers like a crazy person. At least I'm having fun. LOL

Now I think it's time for TV and knitting. Not sure what we will see now, finished season 2 of Snowpiercer yesterday. Usually, I have one or two series that I watch alone, and one that we are watching together. Not sure if hubby is joining me in front of the TV, otherwise I guess I will continue with my British crime show (Endeavour).

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good evening, lovelies.

Chris @faerywings, what sweet pictures of your kitty laying on the mouse pad. 16 pounds!!! That's a big cat! We had a big cat growing up - he was about that weight. We named him Puff (after Puff The Magic Dragon). He hated my one sister - only her. Whenever she'd walk in the room, he'd come out nowhere and grab her around the legs. She doesn't like cats to this day.

It's been a lovely day here - Adriene and I went to Lowe's and I bought some plants for our front garden + lots of herbs for my raised garden bed. The kids had been pampering some plants and they brought them down and we planted them too. It's looking so much better here.

Chris, your kitty is so cute all wrapped around the computer mouse. Lila has been here all day and Sam has been hiding - she's just not used to 2 dogs yet.

You asked me for cheats for the pitted tile. I wish I had some. Ours had fossills embedded in it - yikes. Talk about a love/hate relationship. On the one hand, the tile never really looked clean, but on the other hand, you couldn't tell if it was or not. I finally decided that it was as clean as I could get it.

One thing I did find out (for the grout) was bathroom cleaner - the foaming stuff - worked really well. Good luck and keeping that stuff clean is a full time job.

The last house we lived in had "faux marble" - AMAZINE - AWESOME!!!!! I LOVED it!! Now, we have laminate, but it totally looks like wood. I'd never have REAL wood again - especially really, really dark. Been there, done that. Worked constantly on keeping it clean.

Hope everybody is having a good day - tomorrow is the BIG MOTHER'S DAY!! It's not easy for everybody - however, Ava is having all of us over for brunch on the deck. (LOL - she asked Chuck to bring his Breakfast Bake) - the recipe is on my Momma O's Challenge if anybody is interested. He's preparing it tonight and popping it into the over in the morning. We're having Mimosas' at 11 and then eating. I'm looking forward to celebrating this year. It hasn't always been easy in the past, but hey, the past is the past. Bring it - bring on the Mimosas!!

LOVE and HUGS

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Sunday and Happy Mother's day too- even if you don't have Homo sapien children, we are all mothers of art and creation here.
If today is a difficult one for you for any reason, I am sending love and support your way.

I am looking out my window and the sun is shining with bright blue skies. The weather forecast of for clouds and rain all day. I hope that it stays sunny out there, it would make me happy to get out, I am already eyeing a few more plants that can be split and moved and there is a ton of mint that needs to get ripped up too. I will dry that for the family. I am not a fan of mint but Gary likes it so we have a few different varieties.

How was everyone's day yesterday? I wrote that I didn't have much to do but I spent the majority of my day in the kitchen. Not too much to show for it but I steamed a dozen eggs and made deviled eggs and egg salad. Defrosted and roasted chicken, made pie crust from scratch, then turned that into chicken pot pie. Then the rest of the potatoes got peeled and cubed for parmesan and olive oil roasted potatoes. The good news is that Gary is making homemade pizzas tonight so I don't have to cook. Vegetarian DD filled up on a very nutritious meal of eggs and potatoes *eye roll*

Have a wonderful day!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@bcgal00 W is the same way- tries to sneak in bits of sticks and leaves. And yup- literally tries to sneak them in, she will Drop when we tell her too, and then picks them back up when she thinks we aren't looking. Hope that the Epsom salts did the trick for D's legs.

@Kythe I see your name on so many of the freebie clusters- you are so good at them! Congrats on getting asked to design a kit!! That must be fun and exciting!

@tanteva I used to be terrified to make AJ pages because they were so out of my comfort zone but they are my favorite type to make now. I end up having so much fun with it all. I also really like making fantasy pages for the same reason-- no rules!
I wonder if we can get that show, Endeavor, here. We like British crime shows, we are watching Hinterland now and we *loved* Broadchurch and Sherlock Holmes. I prefer crime dramas when there aren't guns in every scene.

@Cherylndesigns Kibs wasn't even our biggest cat- we had one who was 18 lbs. Kibs/Catzilla liked to sleep on my head/face no matter how much I tried to push her off. I swore she was trying to smother me in my sleep.
Thanks for the suggestions for the tile. And I had to laugh about not being able to tell if it was a dirty bit. I am still jealous of Cait's laminate floor. We were thinking we would many redo our kitchen floor which is 26 years old and is peel and stick linoleum. But that means we have to rip up and redo the subflooring and we simply don't have the money and energy to do that ourselves. So gross but clean tiles stay.
Have a wonderful time at Ava's!!! Enjoy brunch and mimosas!

tanteva

@faerywings Oh, Hinterland is so great! Endeavour is a spin-off of Inspector Morse, it's about when Morse was a young new detective. Seems the new thing right now, to make new shows about detectives when they were young.

Do you have Netflix? If so, check if you can get Young Wallander in the U.S, Get some Swedish crime :)

Mother's Day isn't until May 30th here in Sweden. Don't bother about is though. Just another holiday I don't care about. LOL

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers.

Had a wonderful day yesterday at the Red Hat gathering. It was so good to see everyone and get caught up on what was happening with them. We ate our brown bag lunches out in her tree shaded back yard but had to go inside when the winds got to be too strong. Then we had dessert and coffee, exchanged some books, then planned hostesses for the rest of the year. And talked and talked and talked. So much fun to be together again. I will be hosting the chapter's 17th Birthday in September. Have some fun ideas for it already.

It is time to take the winter comforter off the bed. Ended up spending half the night throwing the covers off then pulling them back over me. So will be stripping the bed today... and while I do that, will rotate the mattress. It is easy enough to slide it around 180*. Might even take the time to sort the laundry, too. The thighs are not as sore (from my weed-pulling last week) so will be playing catch-up on a few chores.

Off to get dressed and grab a bite to eat.

tanteva

Oh, I forgot to tell. A miracle happened today! I managed to make a PERFECT fluffy omelette, that didn't fall into scrambled eggs once I removed it from the pan. I'm still in shock! Might need to scrap it! :D

tanteva

@BrightEyes What are those Red Hat meets? I see it mentioned from time to time, but never dared to ask, since everyone already seem to know. :)

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Happy Mom's Day everyone! I'm getting some chores done this morning (just finished the online census so that's done...whew...that was a long one to fill out) and then heading out at lunchtime to hang out with Jen and Bailey with the dogs at a park. It'll be fun as it's a new spot for us to visit and Taz will enjoy being off leash for awhile. I can't wait to see Remi and Bailey meet today. She's been facetiming with her so she knows her voice and looks at her on my ipad often.

I'm going to splurge later and get some kind of dessert to have after dinner later and may pick up some veggie lasagna for me (D has chicken and veggies to put in the oven for his dinner).

Enjoy your day everyone.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes What are those Red Hat meets? I see it mentioned from time to time, but never dared to ask, since everyone already seem to know. :)

Eva, the Red Hat chapters belong to the International Red Hat Society. It is a social group for ladies. We wear purple clothes and a red hat and get together to just have fun. Ladies who are 50 or older are known as a Red Hatter and wear purple and red, those that are under 50 are known as a Pink Hatter and wear pink and lilac. To learn more about it - just type in Red Hat Society in the search box on your browser. Each chapter can decide what their group is interested in doing. Some just go out to lunch, some go sightseeing, some do a mixture of activities (like my chapter has done before Covid). There are conventions both national, international, state and some local ones. They usually have a theme and many attendees dress in costume reflecting whatever the theme is. Hoping that once Covid is under control, it will be safe to do the conventions again. My chapter has had theme events where we dress in costume.... from Victorian, Renaissance, western, 50's rock-n-roll, 5 year-old girls in pinafores, Raggedy Anne dolls, and costumes for holidays like: Halloween, Madi Gras, plus dressing up as a Christmas Carol for Christmas. Our group loves to give the child in us permission to play dress-up and have fun.