Oscraps

Daily Ooos: March 30-31: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
20040159.png

Happy weekend and happy Easter!

I am shocked at how quickly March went by. Truly shocked. I wish the weather was better and more spring-like but It will get here. The next thing I'll know is-- Bam, it's winter again ;)
I need to stop and smell the roses or whatever early flowers are blooming. I'm still feeling off and a little cranky. I wish that I was better at dealing with stress.

My big plans for the day are to clean the house. It desperately needs a deep clean and since I'm having Easter b-fast here, today is the day to do it.

Have a wonderful day and weekend!!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
I agree, @faerywings ! I cannot believe how fast March blew in and blew out! But yesterday's bike ride refreshed my spirit! I'm ready for Spring! I'm not ready for summer temps, however, which we end up getting too early here in NC! Today is to be in the high 70's!

My plans for today are to clean up the deck area and get it ready for occupying in the warmer weather. And then later to go for my walk which has been sorely neglected since I walked the 2 miles last week! Mainly due to the weather, but today is the day unless Mark interrupts it somehow. But he has gone outside to work, so probably not. He is either at the sawmill or in the woods. I know you are not surprised by that little fact, LOL!

I pray you all have a wonderful weekend! He is risen, indeed!
Happy Easter!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Still waiting to hear when Jim and Alyn will arrive. For some crazy reason, I thought it was Sunday when I work up... glad to realize that it is only Saturday. @faerywings - you are right... where did March go??? Seems like it flew passed. The weather is teasing us... will be in the low 70's again today... then dropping back into the 50's for the next few days! Feels like winter and spring are in a battle over what it should be!!!

Need to work on a couple of LOs before the kids arrive. I know the first few days they are here I don't want to be scrapping... plus Jim will be helping set up the new computer and transfer files/software from the old to the new one. Will be back later. HAGWE

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. We got a few inches of snow so Remi enjoyed getting out in the yard when we woke up. I swept off the patio and she chased the snow as I toss it in the air. I am trying to train her not to bark at the deer (4 of them were outside the fence this morning and are now lying in the sunshine by the trees lining the walking path out back). I need to make sure she doesn't go running up barking at the deer if she encounters them accidentally when outside. I don't want her to be kicked. When we got back from the park yesterday, our outside camera showed that a deer walked up behind us in the driveway as we got out of the car and went inside. Remi didn't see it, good thing as she was off leash.

Today I'll continue to organize EHDs. I got quite a bit done yesterday. I started another book "A Slow Fire Burning" by Paula Hawkins. Halfway thru, I am enjoying it. Dog park and laundry today but will go to the park this afternoon with the dogs for a bit. We'll find a movie to watch later tonight. Quiet day.

I need to get more coffee and do some CT work. HAGD everyone.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Forgot to respond, Hand and Foot Canasta has a few different rules than Canasta i.e. you get 11 cards to work with but also a pile face down of 11, when you lay down the 11 in your hand you then pick up the other pile to work with. There are a few variations on the rules but we follow the rules on our score sheets that we ordered on amazon. Red threes are good, black threes are bad. You need one red book (7 all natural cards) and one black book (7 mixed with wild cards) before you can go out. You play 4 rounds per game. D and I really like it. It takes us just over an hour to play a game.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Just heard from Jim.... they are taking time to look for a rental in Las Vegas before heading here. So it may be another week before they head my way. Understand that they have decided to rent there until they are sure where they want to settle. I checked the ham in the fridge and it has a sale by date of 5/10/24 so it is fine to leave in the fridge until they get here. :greengrin: I will pull out one of the frozen ham slices and have that for Easter Dinner... I have sweet potatoes and cole slaw for an easy meal.

I did get my March Art Journaling Week 4 LO done and posted a few minutes ago. Will have a couple of days to look at April's challenges and may get a few of them done before the kids arrive.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all,

Finally made it in here. I hope everybody is ready for a nice day tomorrow. We're all congretating at Adrienne and Rogers. This will be our first holiday without Chuck, so we're going to try to make it a happy one. Chuck loved to eat (before he gor sick) and was always ready to take his seat at the table. Yes, we have "our seats" at their big table. It's pretty funny with visitors are there to see the kids "directing" where the adults sit, and which kid sits where. We'll leave "his seat" open, of course. He always sat on Roger's left (Rog sits at the head of the table), Adrienne sat to his right and I sat next to her. One side of their huge, long table is a bench. Chuck loved sitting on that and I didn't, thus my sitting next to Adrienne. Haha

I think I told you we went out to dinner last night. It was an early dinner, and today, I went up to Adrienne's to keep her company while she cleaned her bedroom. Haha I ended up helping her and then Roger got home from his trip, so I sat in their massage chair while the kids came in and we all talked. My back has been a little wonky and that chair really helped.

Kay @BrightEyes I'm glad you asked what hand and foot Canasta was. Haha I hope the kids get there safe and sound. I know you're looking forward to a nice visit.

Hugs to alll and HAGH (have a good holiday).
XOXO

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Easter! I hope that today brings you all joy and love if you celebrate it as such.
For us, it's just Sunday morning bagels but the family will be here (minus Scott and Sam :( ) which will make it a good day.
It was good motivation for cleaning the house, it was in bad shape with all of the construction going on. I only did the main rooms, kitchen, bath, LR, and DR, which took me several hours. Not that you can tell, either. :rolleyes1:

I want to get outside this afternoon, the weather will be decent today and then back to cool and rainy all next week. Maybe some sun and dirt will make me feel more optimistic and less stressed.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
:grouphugyay:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Still waiting to hear when Jim and Alyn will arrive. For some crazy reason, I thought it was Sunday when I work up... glad to realize that it is only Saturday. @faerywings - you are right... where did March go??? Seems like it flew passed. The weather is teasing us... will be in the low 70's again today... then dropping back into the 50's for the next few days! Feels like winter and spring are in a battle over what it should be!!!

Need to work on a couple of LOs before the kids arrive. I know the first few days they are here I don't want to be scrapping... plus Jim will be helping set up the new computer and transfer files/software from the old to the new one. Will be back later. HAGWE
Have a great time with your family!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Just heard from Jim.... they are taking time to look for a rental in Las Vegas before heading here. So it may be another week before they head my way. Understand that they have decided to rent there until they are sure where they want to settle. I checked the ham in the fridge and it has a sale by date of 5/10/24 so it is fine to leave in the fridge until they get here. :greengrin: I will pull out one of the frozen ham slices and have that for Easter Dinner... I have sweet potatoes and cole slaw for an easy meal.

I did get my March Art Journaling Week 4 LO done and posted a few minutes ago. Will have a couple of days to look at April's challenges and may get a few of them done before the kids arrive.
Oops! Just read that your family isn't there yet. Enjoy your day scrapping!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Happy Resurrection Day!
Worked on the deck yesterday and got my walk in! Absolutely gorgeous day! Today we are going to ride, hopefully, with our biking buddies, our pastor and his wife.
Have a wonderful day!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Happy Easter to those who celebrate the holiday.... and hope every one is having a good Sunday.

Well, I know that the knee is bothering me when I dreamed last night that I was in an accident with a lot of others and was being seen in Triage for my knee!!! Guess it was hurting big time for that kind of dream! Think I will have a PJ day as the PJ pants are loose enough to fit over the brace. Not planning on going anywhere and will try to stay off my feet most of the day. The only cooking I will do is to fix the sweet potatoes (in the microwave), heat the ham slices and make the dressing for the coleslaw. I have been on a kick of re-reading Ann Bishop's "The Other" series so will continue reading them this afternoon. Have a couple of LOs to upload but that is it for the day.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Happy Easter everyone! I've been sorting and organizing photos and digi supplies on my EHDs. It's so satisfying to finally be getting this all done. D is now watching Ozark so when he catches up (3 seasons) then we can watch the final season together.

I'll be heading out to the dog park soon and then coming back to get the roast in the oven. It's a beautiful day out there so will enjoy it b/c in a few days we are expecting 6" of snow...crazy weather LOL.