Oscraps

Daily Ooos: March 2-3: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning and happy weekend to you all! How was everyone's Friday? Did you see more signs of spring?
Just as I said, I watched my crocus every time I was out with my dogs. It might not have been every hour on the house, but it was close LOL
1709381707441.png

Between that and the sun, I felt a lot better than I did earlier this week. My mom seemed better as well. One of the big things she was stressed and angry about was my Dad's lack of urgency for finding out when he was going to have his surgery. He now has that scheduled and maybe that will help her to feel a little more steady. Her angiogram is April 3rd and his shoulder is April 19 which gives them plenty of time to get ready/rest/recover.
I took some time for myself yesterday too. I did a yoga session since I'd been blowing that off again and I shouldn't. It really makes a dfference in my atttiude. Then I walked out in the back woods for a while. I was able to ID a lot of beech trees, birch, red maple, and black cherry. I looked for the tulip tree and I *think* i found it- the bark looks a lot like beech but the branching was curved instead of angled. I'll dee if I can research that on my own. If not, I'll bug Scott next time he is here. I brought my binoculars with me and Merlin Ap. I'm pretty sure I saw a raven, the beak had a distinct curve and it's caw was harsh.
I am attempting the FP this morning, wish me luck!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning and happy weekend to you all! How was everyone's Friday? Did you see more signs of spring?
Just as I said, I watched my crocus every time I was out with my dogs. It might not have been every hour on the house, but it was close LOL
View attachment 414124

Between that and the sun, I felt a lot better than I did earlier this week. My mom seemed better as well. One of the big things she was stressed and angry about was my Dad's lack of urgency for finding out when he was going to have his surgery. He now has that scheduled and maybe that will help her to feel a little more steady. Her angiogram is April 3rd and his shoulder is April 19 which gives them plenty of time to get ready/rest/recover.
I took some time for myself yesterday too. I did a yoga session since I'd been blowing that off again and I shouldn't. It really makes a dfference in my atttiude. Then I walked out in the back woods for a while. I was able to ID a lot of beech trees, birch, red maple, and black cherry. I looked for the tulip tree and I *think* i found it- the bark looks a lot like beech but the branching was curved instead of angled. I'll dee if I can research that on my own. If not, I'll bug Scott next time he is here. I brought my binoculars with me and Merlin Ap. I'm pretty sure I saw a raven, the beak had a distinct curve and it's caw was harsh.
I am attempting the FP this morning, wish me luck!
Yay for crocuses!
Sounds like you had a great day yesterday!
Best wishes at the FP!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning,
Asher has both of us up earlier than we want to be. Hacking for who knows why. Mark said maybe if he eats it will shove "it" on down. It worked. I sure hope that doesn't become a habit!

Nothing planned for today. Still rainy looking. The water started coming into the basement overnight.

I got Mark's laundry done and did a bit of mending for him yesterday. I also straightened up the recliner area that had gotten to be a collection spot. I got so involved with that I ended up forgetting to send a note to my PCP. I'll try to remember to get that done today.

Thethrush is about the same.

Mark fixed his coffee and it sure is calling my name!

I woke up with a bit of a headache and backache this morning. I think I overdid it yesterday between the laundry, vacuuming and shuffling things around in the recliner area. I'm on the heating pad so hopefully that will help the back.

I didn't get any scrapping done yesterday. I will try to set some time to do some today.

HAGD :beatingheart: :waving1

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I might need to do this in stages-- I had to post that and restart my computer, it was running super slow. Fed Jaida and she's going to need to go out soon. Such a process! LOL

@taxed4ever You are so kind taking care of your hummingbirds. I hope that mine come back this year. Your friend's mom is 104? Dang! Props to her!!
I'm keeping everything crossed for your ILs, so many good luck vibes! :sparkles1:
hehe! I got a little confused when you said the Heather was in full bloom, my wires crossed and I thought of your DD :giggle4:

@vickyday I didn't want to brag, but I beat Cait in arm wrestling. :yesss: She might have given up though, it was hard to tell since we were laughing so much.
I hope your flowers are still on the church grounds and you can see them blooming this week. I have hyacinth but its way too early for them. I'll check in another week, maybe they'll be coming up.
Good luck with all of your medical phone calls and reports!

@BrightEyes you seem just as happy as I am about March being here! :woohoo:
LOL-ing at the hiccups starting and stopping on you.
That must have been hard for your sister to turn down the opportunity to sing at the Kennedy Center. I hope they can watch the director sing at the event from home.

@Cherylndesigns Congrats to Alyssa on getting into UA!!! It's awesome that she and Braden will be able to live together. They sound like my two-- such a close relationship and friendship. ♥ Whatever she decides to do- she'll be great!
I'm glad that your bank is on the ball. I have been getting emails from just about all of my accounts- backing and utilities- about news scams almost every day.

HUGS!!!!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Seem to have a new sleep/wake pattern... wake up at 4 AM roll over and sleep until 6 or 6:30... :giggle4: A week from now that will mean I am sleeping later!!! :lol23::rotfl::lol23: Yes, next Saturday night is when daylight savings time starts! It will take me a week or so to get used to it.

I really enjoyed my PJ day yesterday... so much so that I may take another PJ day today... :giggle4: I did get a couple of challenges done and am mulling over some other ones. Ona's Challenge #1 Creative Techniques - Grungy - sounds like loads of fun to learn. Just have to see if I can do something similar with PSE. The 1st thing is to find the right photo to play around with. I ended up down the 'rabbit hole' looking at stock photos for over an hour. Found a few I know I will end up using for other challenges. Found a woman with branches growing over her that was perfect for Lynn Grieveson Color Play Challenge - Growth Can Be Hard. That pulled me out of the rabbit hole so I could work on the layout. :busy1: Then I had to find my photo of me taking a PJ day for the Art Journaling -Week 1 -Balance LO. As you can tell... photos can really spur the creativity. Just before sunset, I looked out and the light was hitting the plum tree and more blossoms had popped out and were shining brightly. Grabbed the camera and dashed out (in my PJs and slippers) and snapped a couple of photos. Need to put them in the computer to see how they turned out. They will work for my 100 days challenge.

@faerywings Good wishes at FP today. It is nice that you now know why your mom was cranky... glad there is a time between her surgery and your dad's. So happy that you spotted some flowers blooming - they are wonderful. I know that helped lift your spirits.

@Cherylndesigns Saw a couple of your LOs on FB this morning... so adorable. Glad to know that there is man somewhere on the property that you can call on if needed while Roger is gone. WOW... love the photo of the inside of the plane. Congrats to him on the expansion of his airline business.

@vickyday Sorry that you are not having a good day... but glad you are still popping in to visit anyway.

@taxed4ever Sounds like things are moving right along with the in-laws sale/buying. How does DH like the new recliner?? I can just imagine him kicked back in it and not wanting to get up. Is the weather still bad??

Time for another cup of coffee and maybe some fruit for breakfast. HAGWeekend

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... DH and I have another busy day of running errands etc. So I will be quick in and out of here in a hurry this morning. The snow is a bit further down the mountains today, sure hope it stays there! The sun is shining right now but the temps are back to winter cold. DH has taken the car in for an oil change and will be back any minute, then I will get some brunch for us, it feels like an Omelette kind of morning.

@faerywings - Glad to hear that your Mom is in a better frame of mind today! Nice that the sun is shining for you also today and hope it invigorates you!! Yes I wondered if people would be confused about the Heather blooming :giggle4: how great to see the crocus in bloom where you are, I still have not ventured into the back yard yet to see what is popping up out of the ground. Maybe sometime today?? Good Luck at the FP this morning, I hope you get everything that you need!

@vickyday - Ughh on the dog waking you both up so early! Glad that whatever was stuck is now gone! Hope the heating pad does the trick for your back and darn it is hard to give up coffee in the morning isn't it!!

@BrightEyes - Getting anxious about the sale of the house for the in-laws, its the hardest part to wait for the approval of the financing, wish they would hurry up LOL. Yes my DH is loving his new recliner, it has a button that you can program for your favourite way to be in the chair and he loves that its just on push of a button and he is in the perfect position!

@Cherylndesigns - Congrats on Alyssa getting into UA!!! How wonderful that she will be rooming with Braden!! So many great memories ahead for the two of them! Glad that you still have someone there with you while Roger is away!! Hope you are getting some sunshine today as well, it really does improve the mood!!

Ok DH is home from the oil change place, so I better get busy with the Omelettes have a great Saturday everyone!! :waving3:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Afternoon (tips hat)

I finally made it out to lunch with Alyssa today. She called yesterday and said she had today off. Her bestie, Sarah, also went along - she's such a goofball - she makes me laugh. They're quite different, but they are really close - opposites attract and all that.

I need to vent here for a minute. I know I'm probably a relic, but I ordered some checks from Walmart because I only had 3 checks in my personal account (which I'll be using from now on) and I just need some and they're SO cheap at Walmart - like $9.00 for the smallest amount I could get. They'll last me the rest of my life. LOL Anyhoo I also ordered several FOREVER stamps, which I like to keep on hand. Got my order today and the checks look fine, but NO stamps. Now, I have to chase that order down and see why I didn't get the stamps I paid for. it's ALWAYS something!!! :soapbox:

Chris @faerywings hope your trip to FP was fruitful and glad you got out in the woods and did some yoga, too. Thanks, girls, Chris, Kay @BrightEyes and Trudy @taxed4ever for the congrats to Alyssa. Those kids are going to have so much fun living together. Sounds like we're ALL ready for spring. I'm going to get outside today and have a "spring look". I want to take my long trimmers out, hopefully tomorrow, and cut the dead stuff off some of my plants. I think it's safe to do that now. I keep mine on through the winter to help insulate the plants. They're nice and brown and ready to be raked off and a few need trimming. I have my rake ready and my trimmers. Yes, I'm glad there's been a man on the property, too.

Kay @BrightEyes thanks for the compliments on my LOs on FB. I had so much fun with that LO of Ava. We had a ball taking those pictures and they were perfect for the word art that was featured.

Sending all of you hugs and Vicky @vickyday that stinks that your thrush is still about the same. :(

XOXO

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Seem to have a new sleep/wake pattern... wake up at 4 AM roll over and sleep until 6 or 6:30... :giggle4: A week from now that will mean I am sleeping later!!! :lol23::rotfl::lol23: Yes, next Saturday night is when daylight savings time starts! It will take me a week or so to get used to it.

I really enjoyed my PJ day yesterday... so much so that I may take another PJ day today... :giggle4: I did get a couple of challenges done and am mulling over some other ones. Ona's Challenge #1 Creative Techniques - Grungy - sounds like loads of fun to learn. Just have to see if I can do something similar with PSE. The 1st thing is to find the right photo to play around with. I ended up down the 'rabbit hole' looking at stock photos for over an hour. Found a few I know I will end up using for other challenges. Found a woman with branches growing over her that was perfect for Lynn Grieveson Color Play Challenge - Growth Can Be Hard. That pulled me out of the rabbit hole so I could work on the layout. :busy1: Then I had to find my photo of me taking a PJ day for the Art Journaling -Week 1 -Balance LO. As you can tell... photos can really spur the creativity. Just before sunset, I looked out and the light was hitting the plum tree and more blossoms had popped out and were shining brightly. Grabbed the camera and dashed out (in my PJs and slippers) and snapped a couple of photos. Need to put them in the computer to see how they turned out. They will work for my 100 days challenge.

@faerywings Good wishes at FP today. It is nice that you now know why your mom was cranky... glad there is a time between her surgery and your dad's. So happy that you spotted some flowers blooming - they are wonderful. I know that helped lift your spirits.

@Cherylndesigns Saw a couple of your LOs on FB this morning... so adorable. Glad to know that there is man somewhere on the property that you can call on if needed while Roger is gone. WOW... love the photo of the inside of the plane. Congrats to him on the expansion of his airline business.

@vickyday Sorry that you are not having a good day... but glad you are still popping in to visit anyway.

@taxed4ever Sounds like things are moving right along with the in-laws sale/buying. How does DH like the new recliner?? I can just imagine him kicked back in it and not wanting to get up. Is the weather still bad??

Wasn't that plane crazy on the inside? It look like those WWII planes that they just literally made ready for flight - no frills whatsoever. It will be beautiful when they get it done. I'll TRY to remind Roger to take some after pics for me.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
It's a sunny Sunday here - yay!

:sunnyeyes:

It's a little chilly right now but if I am looking at the correct weather forecast, it's supposed to get close to 60*. Is that possible?
I just checked a different site and sure enough, 61* by 3 pm. That's wild. And great for the Scouts who are coming to the Maple Sugaring Program this afternoon.

My day yesterday was a little kaplooey- but what else is new? Hahahah! I psyched myself up and drove to the FP-- in the rain no less- only to find out that the date was changed to next week. I was partly annoyed with myself for not double-checking and partly relieved that I didn't have to deal with the crowds. This morning, I was mostly disappointed as I watched the total for the grocery order going up, up, and up.

When I got back, Cait and Gary were knee-deep in home reno discussions. She learned how to spackle yesterday, proud of my girl LOL However, they can't do the floor in the hallway until the bathroom floor gets fixed and that is a big problem. The tub has been leaking for years and we know that the floor under the tile needs to be replaced. How much of it needs to get ripped out? No idea. We have a contractor coming to look at it this morning. I can't even think about it until I have more info. :lalala:
What else did I do yesterday? I reread my notes on the Maple Sugaring process and watched a video on nature activities for kids while I painted my nails.

Today is work and getting ready for the week ahead. Cait and Tom are cooking dinner tonight-- sesame tofu and broccoli - yum! Tom got a tofu press from my nephew for the Cousins Christmas and he's been looking forward to using it.

Oh-- I know something I did yesterday that I hope I don't regret. My hiking buddy texted that she registered for two hikes that Scott is leading. One is the same one we did last month. The other is at the same park but is "Difficult." 7 miles and steep terrain but the views are supposedly incredible with waterfalls and some ruins. I was already going to the first one but went ahead and registered for the Difficut one too. It's not until June 1 so I have time to get into shape.

xoxoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday It's taking every bit of strength to not uncover more of the garden but I don't want to leave it unprotected when it gets cold or snows again. I was so happy to see the crocus but I have to be content with that. For now ;)
You got a lot of housework done on Friday so I hope you took it easy yesterday.

@BrightEyes Ahhh! I don't; even want to think about the time change next week and how it's going to mess up our sleep. I didn't realize how much better I slept when Gary was in the LR with Jaida for the two months after her surgery. I went from being alone or with Whisky to being smooshed between Gary and both dogs. I hope that you get your sleep settled before Saturday so it can get messed up again :lol23:
I loved your Balance LO! I have to look for your Lynn G page, sounds wonderful and creative!

@taxed4ever I hope that it warmed up for you and the snow stayed away. The temps are literally allll over the place.
hope you had some time to look in your yard for signs of spring and that you didn't have to be out long for your errands.

@Cherylndesigns Maybe the stamps are coming in a separate envelope? Perhaps? It would be nice if they showed up so you don't have to track them down. Caitlyn *just* got her first book of checks over the summer, she needed them when they had the offer on the house. I think I write 1-2 checks a month. My oil bill has to be paid by check and then I'll send a check if there is a processing fee on a bill that's more than a stamp LOL
I am trying to not be jealous that you are getting ready to uncover your plants.... but it's all good, it will be warm enough here in a while. If I only could be patient!

Hugs!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good afternoon,

Well, I've gotten a walk in already. Lila's been here all weekend and when I went to let them in, she was gone. I called and called - it's not like her to take off; she's a very timid dog. I walked all around the house calling to her but nada. I had visions of one of those gigantic hawks finally getting her. One came swooping down last summer and I know it had a bead on her. I grabbed her up and ran into the house. It's wing span was ginormous! You should see the shadows they make on the ground. They could literally pick up a small dog. Daisy's 50 pounds, so they'd have a problem with her.

Anyhoo, I was already thinking of what I was going to tell Adrienne and Roger. I started walking up the road calling to her and my heart sinking further all the way. I knew Alyssa was at work, but I thought maybe Lila had gone home on her own (which isn't like her). I got all the way to their front door and here came Jaxson (the kid who works for Roger). He said he saw Lila wandering around and got her and put her in the house. Boy was I relieved. All I can think of was that she missed Marley and decided to go home. Little stinker. I left her up there and told Jaxson that he needed to feed her. So, I'm back to one dog today.

Yes, Chris @faerywings I think it's spring. When I look back at my pictures, we only had a couple of weeks that were really cold. A lot of my pics from February - we were just wearing sweatshirts. It's typically pretty moderate here. I did get out and work in the garden for awhile. I got three of my daylillies uncovered and they look so perky. I have 3 more to do and plan on getting back out today. I was thrilled with one of my little ones; I transplanted it last fall and it was not happy. I didn't think it was going to make it, but voila! it's strong and healthy looking! I praised it and told it how beautiful it was and it DID make the move!

I need more caffeine - I walked up to Adrienne's and back with NO caffeine so I'm going to need some extra fortification.

Hugs to all,
XOXO

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
For some reason, I was sure it Monday the 4th... then popped in here and realized it was only Sunday the 3rd!

I had started a LO yesterday when DD#3 called and asked if it was okay for her to come down and go through my patterns and fabric. Of course it was okay. Got dressed and she got here a few minutes later. I had not mentioned this before but she got laid off a few weeks ago. She is a tech - Quality Assurance - for a tech company that hires out to other companies. So she is now on unemployment but looking for work. But that means she now has time to come down and visit. She was here for several hours. Gave her several patterns - some men's and a couple of hat patterns plus a fun red/white plaid with dogs on it in cotton. She had bought some cotton shirt fabric so will be making her DH a few shirts. It was so nice to have her here with no time pressure. She also borrowed a couple of DVDs. They had been to the movies to see Dune2...she had seen Dune1 on Netflix a couple of weeks ago. I happen to have the DVDs - original Dune and the second version. She borrowed the second version. That got me intrigued so I will watch Dune1 on Netflix before they take it off.

This morning I finished the LO I had started and got it posted for my March Color Play LO. Then got wrapped up in working on Rachel Jefferies March Product Challenge. I need to think about what I will be doing this week for the 100 Days AJ challenge. I looked out in the backyard on Saturday and it looks like the 3 shrubs I planted 2 years ago have died. I don't think I am going to put anything in those spots... not up to doing the work to replace them. I had planned on taking my small stool out to the back yard and trimming out the dead leaves in the potted daylilies but the back is giving me fits due to the changes in weather. Up and down in humidity and temperatures... UGH...

@Cherylndesigns I am sure your heart was in your throat the longer you searched for Lila... so glad that Jaxson had found her and put her in the house.

@faerywings sorry the trip to FP didn't work as it was open on another day. Wow, you are really busy with learning all the nature stuff for your job. Yikes... a #7 difficulty hike... glad you have time to get in shape for it!

Well, it is noon and still haven't got dressed or had anything to eat... so better get that done. HAGD

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I might need to do this in stages-- I had to post that and restart my computer, it was running super slow. Fed Jaida and she's going to need to go out soon. Such a process! LOL

@taxed4ever You are so kind taking care of your hummingbirds. I hope that mine come back this year. Your friend's mom is 104? Dang! Props to her!!
I'm keeping everything crossed for your ILs, so many good luck vibes! :sparkles1:
hehe! I got a little confused when you said the Heather was in full bloom, my wires crossed and I thought of your DD :giggle4:

@vickyday I didn't want to brag, but I beat Cait in arm wrestling. :yesss: She might have given up though, it was hard to tell since we were laughing so much.
I hope your flowers are still on the church grounds and you can see them blooming this week. I have hyacinth but its way too early for them. I'll check in another week, maybe they'll be coming up.
Good luck with all of your medical phone calls and reports!

@BrightEyes you seem just as happy as I am about March being here! :woohoo:
LOL-ing at the hiccups starting and stopping on you.
That must have been hard for your sister to turn down the opportunity to sing at the Kennedy Center. I hope they can watch the director sing at the event from home.

@Cherylndesigns Congrats to Alyssa on getting into UA!!! It's awesome that she and Braden will be able to live together. They sound like my two-- such a close relationship and friendship. ♥ Whatever she decides to do- she'll be great!
I'm glad that your bank is on the ball. I have been getting emails from just about all of my accounts- backing and utilities- about news scams almost every day.

HUGS!!!!
HA! I used to have a pretty strong arm for arm wrestling.....not so much now, however! I have flabby grandma arms, LOL!
RATS! I forgot to check the parsonage today for any possible flowers blooming! I always get to the drive and am anxious to see how many people have made it to church and totally didn't even think about the flowers!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

Sounds like I need to go and check out some of those challenges! SHOW US THE PJs! ;)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... DH and I have another busy day of running errands etc. So I will be quick in and out of here in a hurry this morning. The snow is a bit further down the mountains today, sure hope it stays there! The sun is shining right now but the temps are back to winter cold. DH has taken the car in for an oil change and will be back any minute, then I will get some brunch for us, it feels like an Omelette kind of morning.

@faerywings - Glad to hear that your Mom is in a better frame of mind today! Nice that the sun is shining for you also today and hope it invigorates you!! Yes I wondered if people would be confused about the Heather blooming :giggle4: how great to see the crocus in bloom where you are, I still have not ventured into the back yard yet to see what is popping up out of the ground. Maybe sometime today?? Good Luck at the FP this morning, I hope you get everything that you need!

@vickyday - Ughh on the dog waking you both up so early! Glad that whatever was stuck is now gone! Hope the heating pad does the trick for your back and darn it is hard to give up coffee in the morning isn't it!!

@BrightEyes - Getting anxious about the sale of the house for the in-laws, its the hardest part to wait for the approval of the financing, wish they would hurry up LOL. Yes my DH is loving his new recliner, it has a button that you can program for your favourite way to be in the chair and he loves that its just on push of a button and he is in the perfect position!

@Cherylndesigns - Congrats on Alyssa getting into UA!!! How wonderful that she will be rooming with Braden!! So many great memories ahead for the two of them! Glad that you still have someone there with you while Roger is away!! Hope you are getting some sunshine today as well, it really does improve the mood!!

Ok DH is home from the oil change place, so I better get busy with the Omelettes have a great Saturday everyone!! :waving3:
Asher was doing the same crazy noise again this morning! I hope this is not a new thing to get Mark out of bed earlier to feed him! If so, he may find himself in another room with the door closed instead of outside our bedroom door!
Its only hard not having coffee in the morning when Mark has brewed his and the smell is calling my name, LOL!
The heating pad usually always does the trick for my back! I'm so thankful for that!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Afternoon (tips hat)

I finally made it out to lunch with Alyssa today. She called yesterday and said she had today off. Her bestie, Sarah, also went along - she's such a goofball - she makes me laugh. They're quite different, but they are really close - opposites attract and all that.

I need to vent here for a minute. I know I'm probably a relic, but I ordered some checks from Walmart because I only had 3 checks in my personal account (which I'll be using from now on) and I just need some and they're SO cheap at Walmart - like $9.00 for the smallest amount I could get. They'll last me the rest of my life. LOL Anyhoo I also ordered several FOREVER stamps, which I like to keep on hand. Got my order today and the checks look fine, but NO stamps. Now, I have to chase that order down and see why I didn't get the stamps I paid for. it's ALWAYS something!!! :soapbox:

Chris @faerywings hope your trip to FP was fruitful and glad you got out in the woods and did some yoga, too. Thanks, girls, Chris, Kay @BrightEyes and Trudy @taxed4ever for the congrats to Alyssa. Those kids are going to have so much fun living together. Sounds like we're ALL ready for spring. I'm going to get outside today and have a "spring look". I want to take my long trimmers out, hopefully tomorrow, and cut the dead stuff off some of my plants. I think it's safe to do that now. I keep mine on through the winter to help insulate the plants. They're nice and brown and ready to be raked off and a few need trimming. I have my rake ready and my trimmers. Yes, I'm glad there's been a man on the property, too.

Kay @BrightEyes thanks for the compliments on my LOs on FB. I had so much fun with that LO of Ava. We had a ball taking those pictures and they were perfect for the word art that was featured.

Sending all of you hugs and Vicky @vickyday that stinks that your thrush is still about the same. :(

XOXO
Don't tell me that about the stamps! I just ordered a new camera from Walmart that is supposed to be delivered on March 11. It is supposed to have all manner of accessories with it!
The thrush is driving me nuts!!!
Do you bank with Woodforest at Walmart? I can get checks free there since that is where I bank. But I usually order from somewhere else so I can get scripture verses on mine or something pretty. Checks are certainly overpriced these days.......but, then again, so is everything else!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday It's taking every bit of strength to not uncover more of the garden but I don't want to leave it unprotected when it gets cold or snows again. I was so happy to see the crocus but I have to be content with that. For now ;)
You got a lot of housework done on Friday so I hope you took it easy yesterday.

@BrightEyes Ahhh! I don't; even want to think about the time change next week and how it's going to mess up our sleep. I didn't realize how much better I slept when Gary was in the LR with Jaida for the two months after her surgery. I went from being alone or with Whisky to being smooshed between Gary and both dogs. I hope that you get your sleep settled before Saturday so it can get messed up again :lol23:
I loved your Balance LO! I have to look for your Lynn G page, sounds wonderful and creative!

@taxed4ever I hope that it warmed up for you and the snow stayed away. The temps are literally allll over the place.
hope you had some time to look in your yard for signs of spring and that you didn't have to be out long for your errands.

@Cherylndesigns Maybe the stamps are coming in a separate envelope? Perhaps? It would be nice if they showed up so you don't have to track them down. Caitlyn *just* got her first book of checks over the summer, she needed them when they had the offer on the house. I think I write 1-2 checks a month. My oil bill has to be paid by check and then I'll send a check if there is a processing fee on a bill that's more than a stamp LOL
I am trying to not be jealous that you are getting ready to uncover your plants.... but it's all good, it will be warm enough here in a while. If I only could be patient!

Hugs!
On the way to church this morning we noticed the forsythia in bloom and lots of other things, too. Mark said everything that is coming up so early is probably going to be killed if the temps drop and we end up getting ice or snow! It is still pretty early for some of the things that are blooming! I told him I would love to see one good snow so I could get some pictures!
Yes, yesterday I relaxed most of the day. Mark and I played Sequence and Qwirkle at the kitchen table last night and I had to apply the heating pad to my back after sitting there for a couple of hours!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Sunday Afternoon to all!
I didn't get in here yesterday. I was still straightening up my "office" around my recliner, LOL! It looks much neater now, anyway!

It was really cloudy yesterday morning, but since it wasn't raining Mark went to the woods to get some work done on his "rifle range" and other misc stuff. The sun ended up coming out and it turned out to be a really nice day for him to work. Next weekend some of the guys from church are going to come over and do some target practice down there. The pastor (our biking buddy) wants Mark to install cable like at an indoor shooting range so they can move the targets back and forth. The pastor is paying for it to be done. I'm wondering how all of that will hold up out in the weather! Hmmm!

While the guys are shooting, the ladies of the church are going out for breakfast and then shopping! Works for me! ;)

I never have sent my message to my PC about the osteoporosis report from the DEXA doctor. I need to do that as soon as I finish this! It doesn't take much to distract me and then I forget to do what I need to do!

And with that said.......before I forget again.......nothing going on with me today. We have been given so many eggs from our neighbor and a couple at church that I hardboiled 27 eggs after I got home from church so I could make some egg salad for our (late) lunch and make some deviled eggs for Mark to take to work! Some I will leave whole for cutting up on salads.

OK, say goodbye, Vicky! ;)
:bye2:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Don't tell me that about the stamps! I just ordered a new camera from Walmart that is supposed to be delivered on March 11. It is supposed to have all manner of accessories with it!
The thrush is driving me nuts!!!
Do you bank with Woodforest at Walmart? I can get checks free there since that is where I bank. But I usually order from somewhere else so I can get scripture verses on mine or something pretty. Checks are certainly overpriced these days.......but, then again, so is everything else!
I'll let you know if the stamps show up. I just love chasing down everything these days. No, I don't bank with them, but checks from a bank are ridiculously expensive - like you said so is everything else! I got checks with the American flag in the background and they had everything perfect, even the number I told them to start with. But, no stamps. :(

Good luck getting all of your camera accessories. Why is everything so difficult these days? Sorry your thrush is driving you crazy. :(

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
For some reason, I was sure it Monday the 4th... then popped in here and realized it was only Sunday the 3rd!

I had started a LO yesterday when DD#3 called and asked if it was okay for her to come down and go through my patterns and fabric. Of course it was okay. Got dressed and she got here a few minutes later. I had not mentioned this before but she got laid off a few weeks ago. She is a tech - Quality Assurance - for a tech company that hires out to other companies. So she is now on unemployment but looking for work. But that means she now has time to come down and visit. She was here for several hours. Gave her several patterns - some men's and a couple of hat patterns plus a fun red/white plaid with dogs on it in cotton. She had bought some cotton shirt fabric so will be making her DH a few shirts. It was so nice to have her here with no time pressure. She also borrowed a couple of DVDs. They had been to the movies to see Dune2...she had seen Dune1 on Netflix a couple of weeks ago. I happen to have the DVDs - original Dune and the second version. She borrowed the second version. That got me intrigued so I will watch Dune1 on Netflix before they take it off.

This morning I finished the LO I had started and got it posted for my March Color Play LO. Then got wrapped up in working on Rachel Jefferies March Product Challenge. I need to think about what I will be doing this week for the 100 Days AJ challenge. I looked out in the backyard on Saturday and it looks like the 3 shrubs I planted 2 years ago have died. I don't think I am going to put anything in those spots... not up to doing the work to replace them. I had planned on taking my small stool out to the back yard and trimming out the dead leaves in the potted daylilies but the back is giving me fits due to the changes in weather. Up and down in humidity and temperatures... UGH...

@Cherylndesigns I am sure your heart was in your throat the longer you searched for Lila... so glad that Jaxson had found her and put her in the house.

@faerywings sorry the trip to FP didn't work as it was open on another day. Wow, you are really busy with learning all the nature stuff for your job. Yikes... a #7 difficulty hike... glad you have time to get in shape for it!

Well, it is noon and still haven't got dressed or had anything to eat... so better get that done. HAGD
Oh my gosh, Kay, I was terrified. I was thinking about having to tell Adrienne and Roger that their dog disappeared from my yard. It was just so unlike her to wander off like that. She can't see very well - she has real bad cataracts and I don't think she can see much at all. I was calling her down here the other day and I know she couldn't see me. I had to walk half way up to their house before it registered with her that it was me. Poor thing.

BTW, did I ever tell you that my mom made my dad's dress suits? She used to make his shirts and everything. They were beautiful and fit him like a glove.

Sorry your bushes died. You sound like me - not doing it. My stuff in the backyard burned up last year despite all the watering, so nothing out there this year. Maybe some potted plants, but I'm just not up to all that work when they don't make it. I had Jaxon take away my tiered planter box even. It looks less cluttered out there now anyway. LOL

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I'll let you know if the stamps show up. I just love chasing down everything these days. No, I don't bank with them, but checks from a bank are ridiculously expensive - like you said so is everything else! I got checks with the American flag in the background and they had everything perfect, even the number I told them to start with. But, no stamps. :(

Good luck getting all of your camera accessories. Why is everything so difficult these days? Sorry your thrush is driving you crazy. :(
I would like to know the answer to why everything is difficult these days, too! I hope you get the stamps soon. Did Walmart send you an email when your package was shipped? If so, did it possibly state that was the first of 2 packages? I made that mistake once.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I would like to know the answer to why everything is difficult these days, too! I hope you get the stamps soon. Did Walmart send you an email when your package was shipped? If so, did it possibly state that was the first of 2 packages? I made that mistake once.
Well, I did go back and look at my order confirmation. Supposedly the stamps are arriving separately. We'll see. I guess they're not Amazon - they bundle items and I'm used to that. Keeping fingers crossed that I get them. Things in tiny packages get "swallowed up in the black hole of the ranch" a lot. They may be floating around here for all I know. There are 8 people at this address (in the country) so things do get lost for a few days. I can't believe they didn't put the stamps in with the checks - I ordered them from the same place. :banghead::banghead:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Well, I did go back and look at my order confirmation. Supposedly the stamps are arriving separately. We'll see. I guess they're not Amazon - they bundle items and I'm used to that. Keeping fingers crossed that I get them. Things in tiny packages get "swallowed up in the black hole of the ranch" a lot. They may be floating around here for all I know. There are 8 people at this address (in the country) so things do get lost for a few days. I can't believe they didn't put the stamps in with the checks - I ordered them from the same place. :banghead::banghead:
Another thing that doesn't make any sense! Why ship in 2 different packages when the items are coming from the same place??? You would think it would save them postage and headache!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Another thing that doesn't make any sense! Why ship in 2 different packages when the items are coming from the same place??? You would think it would save them postage and headache!
Exactly! I just don't get it and everything seems to be getting more complicated, too. Remember when "they" told us we were going to be a "paper-less" society and things would be easier for us? :lol23: One thing I've learned is when "they" say it's going to make ours lives easier, watch out. :cuffed::furious:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Exactly! I just don't get it and everything seems to be getting more complicated, too. Remember when "they" told us we were going to be a "paper-less" society and things would be easier for us? :lol23: One thing I've learned is when "they" say it's going to make ours lives easier, watch out. :cuffed::furious:
Exactly!