Oscraps

Daily Ooos: July 27-28: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hello hello hellloooooo!!
Happy weekend from a beautiful sunny morning in NJ!

I had a nice day yesterday. It was mostly quiet but I felt like I got some stuff settled in my brain. Caitlyn and I finally had time to catch up with each other. It seems like she is always super busy, although-- I suppose she really is. I freaked my extended family out last night when I said it was 7 weeks until the wedding. Cait and I talked about some things that need to be taken care of-- like finding a vegan bakery for her cake. eep. Did I tell you that the bakery that the venue is contracted with doesn't make vegan cakes? They just found out about that on Wednesday so now they have to deal with the venue to either get reimbursed so they can order a cake from somewhere else or see if the venue can get a cake from a different bakery.
My shoes still haven't shipped and should have been here by today. I am hanging on to the black pair for now-- just in case. Sam and I went over some ideas for her bachelorette party too. It's starting to come together but with a lot of things up in the air, Caitlyn is a little (more than a little ) stressed.

I have to be obnoxious and shout how proud I am of my niece Juliet. She is entering her third year of vet school and is kicking butt. She was only home for 4 days and *might* be able to come back for Christmas. My SIL has been looking at old photos of the cousins and sending them to me. She sent one to my BFF and me of the three of us with our DDs on our laps at Christmas. We think the girls were 5 and 3. BFF's DD is 6 months older than Cait and my other niece is 2 years younger than Julia and they have been adorable together since they were born. My youngest niece is 3 years younger than Juliet but she has always been closest to Scott, both oddballs :D I also love how all of them made Sam "one of them."

Have I ever told you how much I adore my family?
Only once or twice? That's it? Bwuhahaah!!

I have no big plans today other than getting out in the yard again.
I should clean inside -- I need to vacuum before it gets hot. It's been a while since I did a decent job and the dogs are shedding like mad. Pollen must be very high today because I want to rip my eyeballs out and rinse them off so vacuuming will help that a little too. And then... I'll go outside and work in the yard and get covered in pollen and be itchy and happy at the same time.

Wishing all of you a fabulous weekend!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :loveangel:
I hope that you and Mark had a lovely day together.
I did the end-of-the-month checkbook checkup yesterday too, it is so depressing. But all of the bills are paid and next week is a new month so it begins again. :/
My tomatoes are in a planter box on the patio and I see the little chipmunk devils in there. Yesterday I went outside with the dogs and I scared one off. Then they ran under the hedges and chittered at me! Like they were telling me, "Get away, that's *my* tomato!" I don't mind sharing, they need to eat too. But yelling at me? Uncalled for. :rotfl:

Sister is getting her shower then we will back at work on scanning photos into my old computer. She brought over 6 of her albums. We set a routine of looking at an album and using small post-it to tag which photos we want to scan. Only problem is we looked at 3 of them before we decided to use the post-it notes... :idea: so we have to go back and tag those albums.
You two together must be unstoppable! What a great system for tagging the photos even if it took a little while to come up with it :giggle4:
Have a fantastic day with her!

Chris, lets trade places. I need a boring do nothing day. My body is yelling at me to slow down. So lets trade. You can come clean my house and play with the grands and I will sit on the couch and veg. :)
If I could I would! How are you doing, not as achy today? I sure hope so. You don't need me to tell you to listen to your body and rest (but you know I am going to say it anyway cuz I am bossy). *gentle hugs*
Thanks for answering my questions about proxy fishing. Everyone tells me that there are no silly questions but I think the people at work are just humoring me. I ask a *lot* of questions. I find new things fascinating.
This popped into my head right now -- I wonder if I am obsessed with new information because for a long time, I couldn't remember or retain any info at all. Lyme pretty much destroyed my memory and it was frustrating to me- I used to be smart. I get such a rush when I learn something and understand it, like when I am work. Makes me wonder... :idea:

We are heading out to a show in Calgary (Beautifica) later today.
Was this a play? What is it about? Hope you all had a great time.

Taz is being the "man" today. We joke all the time now about his old man quirks and behaviors this last year (he'll be 12 soon). He has decided that he often wants to claim the spot under my desk which freaks Remi out. He never used to do that. So Remi lays her head in my lap and softly cries. Oh, the drama LOL!
He is the man. :birthaydog: And Remi, the drama queen. :crown1:

Tracy- that looks like a lot of fish! Do you have to take the fish to a check station so they know how much you have? For the NJ bear hunt, you have to bring it to a check station and they record all of the info on the hunter and the bear. (And the photos always end up on the front page of my local newspaper and I really wish they didn't do that)

Wait! You like to fish in the rain? And that's a down day?
To each their own :floorlaugh:
Hope you had fun, watched out for your shoulder/claviclem and caught a ton of fish!

We are officially Up North, left home at 7, drive straight thru, got here a little early, cuz said noonish, we're on a bay on their lake, straight thru that channel, down around that bump in the lake and then down a ways. Sky is clearing, sun is peeking out, it's supposed to be a hot beautiful week.
Now that is a relaxing photo!
Enjoy the vaca!!!!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Saturday Morning!
Laundry is working.
Daily ATC is done, which means my morning devotion is also done.
Birthday card to Grand#8 is mailed (early for a change!)
Coffee is being enjoyed.
Mark is in the woods with Piper.
All is well in my world today, thank You Lord!

Yesterday's anniversary "celebration" was a bust as neither of us felt great! We did go out for supper, but that was about it! We both fought headaches all day.....Mark's turned into a puking migraine. I feel for him when that happens. I also feel anxious because I cannot do anything to help! The doctor took him off of Excedrin because of his stomach ulcers history, but he ended up taking some anyway as that is the only thing that will touch the migraines. He went to bed early and feels almost normal today, whatever that means these days, LOL!

We got more rain yesterday! I am thinking we have finally had enough for a while, but I'm not complaining because it has cooled the temps to the 80's instead of being in the 90's/100's! Looks like we could get more today! We shall see!

Have a great weekend!

Have I ever told you how much I adore my family?
Isn't family the greatest thing ever?!
Wishing all of you a fabulous weekend!
Same to you and yours!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :loveangel:
I hope that you and Mark had a lovely day together.
I did the end-of-the-month checkbook checkup yesterday too, it is so depressing. But all of the bills are paid and next week is a new month so it begins again. :/
My tomatoes are in a planter box on the patio and I see the little chipmunk devils in there. Yesterday I went outside with the dogs and I scared one off. Then they ran under the hedges and chittered at me! Like they were telling me, "Get away, that's *my* tomato!" I don't mind sharing, they need to eat too. But yelling at me? Uncalled for. :rotfl:
Thank you for the anniversary wishes!
Checkbook is balanced for me, too!
Even though Mark sprayed my boxes to kill all vegetation, a couple of the cherry tomatoes came back up and there are tomatoes on them! They are full of blooms, too! I need to get Mark to cut them down before they become trees. I don't want to eat any of them since he sprayed earlier this year! I don't think I want the critters eating them, either!

AK_Tracy

Good Morning.

How are you doing, not as achy today? I sure hope so. You don't need me to tell you to listen to your body and rest (but you know I am going to say it anyway cuz I am bossy). *gentle hugs*
Yeah, you should have been a little louder and a little bossier. I didn't listen to my body and whew I knew I would pay and am I ever. Good thing my job is boring and I wont have to do much today.
Tracy- that looks like a lot of fish! Do you have to take the fish to a check station so they know how much you have?
Because its such a huge thing, dipnetting, and there are several rivers it can be done it, its not a check station but we do have to fill out a report. And it has to be filled out before you leave the area you are fishing. Date, river, number of fish. At the end of July we mail it back to fish and game. If F&G stops you and you have fish and not marked your card, you can get in big trouble. or if the tails aren't cut.
Wait! You like to fish in the rain? And that's a down day?
To each their own :floorlaugh:
Hope you had fun, watched out for your shoulder/claviclem and caught a ton of fish!
No it didn't end up a down day. Grab the coffee and pour me some more!!! Yes fishing in the rain seem to be funnest. The tourist aren't there!!! Or most of them stay home anyway. We had a wonderful day standing in the river and fishing. I won :giggle4: Helped that hubs was helping #3 to not fall over in the fast current. He was teaching him to "flip for reds" and so he didn't fish as much and I won. I caught 5 Red Salmon and he only got 1. Son hooked a couple but wasn't able to land them. Then we raced home, and babysat the grands. Yeah, great day but so not restful.
Mark's turned into a puking migraine
Oh dear, I hope Mark feels better. Migraines are the worst. However throwing up feels SO good.

As mentioned above, fishing yesterday was a blast. However my body is screaming. Swollen, especially my hands. My rings are tight and almost dont spin. My arms and shoulders are screaming cause I haven't fished like that in two years. There a special way to fish for red salmon, called flipping, but man the rods long, lines long, weights, and just the repetitive movement.

Online site:
The technique is fairly simple, and if you follow it, you have a great chance to land lots of fish. First, determine where you want to fish. Pull out enough line that you can “flip” your fly out about 15-20 ft (adjust this based on where fish are). Flip your line as far as it will go to your “10 o’clock position”, which should be past and upstream of your fish. Keeping your line taught, drift the line through the water at the same pace of the current until your line points to your “2 o’clock position”. Repeat. Remember, adjust your weight if your line is moving too quickly or slowly. This will be the difference between catching and not catching fish.

Hopefully today is easy at work, it should be. No lifting at least. And I can do my stretches while at work. Just need a ball and a door jam LOL.

Off to get the second cup of wake me but nectar. Have a great day.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning.

Yeah, you should have been a little louder and a little bossier. I didn't listen to my body and whew I knew I would pay and am I ever. Good thing my job is boring and I wont have to do much today.

Because its such a huge thing, dipnetting, and there are several rivers it can be done it, its not a check station but we do have to fill out a report. And it has to be filled out before you leave the area you are fishing. Date, river, number of fish. At the end of July we mail it back to fish and game. If F&G stops you and you have fish and not marked your card, you can get in big trouble. or if the tails aren't cut.

No it didn't end up a down day. Grab the coffee and pour me some more!!! Yes fishing in the rain seem to be funnest. The tourist aren't there!!! Or most of them stay home anyway. We had a wonderful day standing in the river and fishing. I won :giggle4: Helped that hubs was helping #3 to not fall over in the fast current. He was teaching him to "flip for reds" and so he didn't fish as much and I won. I caught 5 Red Salmon and he only got 1. Son hooked a couple but wasn't able to land them. Then we raced home, and babysat the grands. Yeah, great day but so not restful.

Oh dear, I hope Mark feels better. Migraines are the worst. However throwing up feels SO good.

As mentioned above, fishing yesterday was a blast. However my body is screaming. Swollen, especially my hands. My rings are tight and almost dont spin. My arms and shoulders are screaming cause I haven't fished like that in two years. There a special way to fish for red salmon, called flipping, but man the rods long, lines long, weights, and just the repetitive movement.

Online site:
The technique is fairly simple, and if you follow it, you have a great chance to land lots of fish. First, determine where you want to fish. Pull out enough line that you can “flip” your fly out about 15-20 ft (adjust this based on where fish are). Flip your line as far as it will go to your “10 o’clock position”, which should be past and upstream of your fish. Keeping your line taught, drift the line through the water at the same pace of the current until your line points to your “2 o’clock position”. Repeat. Remember, adjust your weight if your line is moving too quickly or slowly. This will be the difference between catching and not catching fish.

Hopefully today is easy at work, it should be. No lifting at least. And I can do my stretches while at work. Just need a ball and a door jam LOL.

Off to get the second cup of wake me but nectar. Have a great day.
Yes! He is so much better today! Thank you!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon after a couple of days. I have taken a scrapping day off - had my other CT's work to catch up on and one of them just released a huge collection. I did 3 different layouts, and one for another CT. Also did one for a Prerelease here. I'm kind of "scrapped out" at this point. Still need to do the Color Play for the day on the Oscraps Instagram. Don't you all love the July Color Play??? I'm kind of in love with it, but I say that every month. :claphands2::claphands2:

I had Adrienne's 2 dogs until about 11:30 last night. That's a lot of dogs. Marley weights about 75 pounds, Daisy weighs 50 and Lila about 20. Throw in the cat and it's like a menagerie. My house isn't that big. Braden and his new GF came over last night and we had such a nice time. She (Dylan) wanted to look at all of my ATC's so we did that and told her the story behind each one. They're all "Chuck or Chuck related". She's sorry she never got to meet him. Then, they raided my fridge and pantry and made a bunch of food. Braden made a bunch of mashed potatoes - I ended up eating about 11 PM, Dylan saw one of my frozen "bowls" and wanted one of them. When they left, they took Lila and Marley with them. It was impromptu and fun.

Chris @faerywings glad you're a little better, but ugh that the shoes haven't arrived yet. Glad you and Cait got a chance to sit down and talk. Good luck finding a vegan cake. I'm really surprised that bakeries don't make them more - there are so many people on "special" diets now. This place we go in town to get takeout, even has tofu dishes now. Right here "in the middle of nowhere". :giggle4::giggle4: I'm glad you found my suggestions for when you're "totally bored or whatever" helpful - purge your files. I've been doing a lot of that - also just sorting my layouts and getting them either on Flickr of one of my EHD or both.

Hugs to @everybody - I've been trying to read the posts.
XOXO

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:coffeedrinker: :coffeedrinker: :coffeedrinker:

Who needs more of that stuff? That glorious wonderful stuff?
:coffee1:

I slept OK even though it felt like I didn't. I had the strangest experience while I was dreaming. In my dream, people were talking to me but I couldn't hear them. I was wearing headphones in my dream and when I took them out, I still heard the headphones, not the person talking. I kept trying to take the headphones out or turn them off and I couldn't. When I woke up, I realized that I had my headphones in and they were still on. Usually, I pop them in, set the timer for 45 minutes, and then they turn off. Guess I forgot the timer and they kept playing throughout my dream LOL!

How was your day?
I had a very nice day. A good mix of relaxing and getting stuff done. I vacuumed for almost an hour. I had to dump the container at least 4 times, I lost count. I weeded along the side of my house on my neighbor's side. I hadn't gotten over there yet this season. It wasn't as bad as I expected. There isn't much lawn, it's mostly moss and some ferns. But the rose of Sharon spread so I need to pull them up or we won't have a walkway next year. I finally cooked a "real" dinner and Scott had a chance to stop in on his break from work. I love having the 4 of us at the table ♥

We are celebrating Tom's birthday today -I am making chick'n burritos, Mexican street corn on the cob, and vegan chocolate mousse. I also need to get ready for the week. I have a busy one coming up. Thank goodness. I am working at Weis three days, cleaning one day, and going to my neighbors for the annual drinks and dinner on Tuesday. I do nothing all month and then cram a ton of stuff in one week. ;)

Hugs to everyone who pops in today!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday It stinks that you didn't get to enjoy your anniversary. I hope that both of you got to enjoy Saturday pain-free. I hear you about feeling anxious when you can't help Mark. I feel the same way when Gary is in bad shape. Friday he was so sick he could barely stand and there was nothing I could do.
The temps here have been wonderful as well. It's still hot and humid but nowhere close to the awfulness of the past few weeks. I am scared to look at my electricity bill. People in the local FB group have been complaining that theirs have doubled. :jawdrop3:

@AK_Tracy Ooooh you poor thing, you must have been in agony after all that fishing. I did that to myself so many times. I had to be out gardening -- *had to* -- just to keep my sanity and oh man, I would hurt all over afterward. But it was worth it-- it was a "good hurt" rather than an annoying and useless Lyme hurt. Does that make sense?
The flipping technique makes so much sense but I can see how doing that over and over again will hurt. You are in the river when you do that? I would struggle to keep my balance, let alone try to fling a line out and back.
How are you feeling today, any less stiff and swollen?

@Cherylndesigns We have missed you in here, always good to see you! :hug3:
You had quite a houseful between the dogs and the kids. I know you loved every minute with Braden. When does he go back to school?
There are a lot of vegan/allergy-free bakeries in this area but my goodness they are *expensive.* Caitlyn was looking at cupcakes at one point and found one place that charged $200 for 100 cupcakes. That was doable until she noticed that they were mini-cupcakes. And not even like store-bought mini-sized. Based on the photo, they were slightly larger than a thumbnail!

I should head to the Gallery while it is still quiet here. I don't think I left any love yesterday so I should catch up this morning.

xoxoxo!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Quick in and out again today. We ended up taking a break from scanning photos yesterday. Went to Hobby Lobby and got 1 pack of photo sleeves - they had sold out of the size that Sister and i wanted but I got a pack of different sizes. Also got a pack of photo corner in gold for the wedding albums for my kids' wedding albums that I will be re-doing. Taking them out of the old style magnetic album and put them in different style albums. Stopped and Sam's Club and sis got a mini Kruger (1 Cup size) and shorts and we both got some tops, We indulged and picked up chicken take-out. We visited for awhile and then picked some plums from the tree in the backyard. We will be back to scanning photos today... and think we can finish those up. I am going to make enchilada sauce this afternoon. We both love Mexican so it will be a treat for supper. Sis will be staying until Wed or Thurs so it is a nice long visit for us.

Waving at everyone... :wavinghello: and back to work...:coffeescreen:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I'm heading to the dog park in a few minutes, then over to the grocery store, I need to pick up some kosher salt (for dry brining) and salad greens. We spent the afternoon yesterday at the Elks Club with some friends and played games all afternoon. They have 5 meat draws throughout the afternoon and Darrell won 3 of them. We came home with two packs of steaks and chicken drumsticks. It's Jen's b-day today so I'll brine a few steaks for them, make a buddah bowl for me and bake banana bread. Jen is keto so doesn't want a store bought cake (they all have sugar in them).

I've got some CT stuff to work on later and lots of little things to get done. I want to try out my travel steamer/iron and ironing pad that will nicely fit into the check-in luggage.

@faerywings Happy b-day to Tom. I didn't know him and Jen shared the same day.

I'd better get on with my day. BFN

AK_Tracy

Good Morning!!!
Pass the coffee Chris! :coffeedrinker::coffeedrinker::coffeedrinker:I slept great but still feel wore out and sleepy. I think I could have slept another two hours but not really as my body says get out of bed.

I do nothing all month and then cram a ton of stuff in one week. ;)
This right here! 1000% me. Do noting then go crazy doing everything.
But it was worth it-- it was a "good hurt" rather than an annoying and useless Lyme hurt. Does that make sense?
Yep, total sense. I swear were twiplets (You, me, and Jeanne) Sometimes when you hurt you have to figure out if it was good, you survived and got something done and feel good but hurt, or bad hurt, shouldn't have done that wasn't worth the pain.
You are in the river when you do that? I would struggle to keep my balance, let alone try to fling a line out and back.
Yes, we were in the river. We were only a foot off shore but the water was thigh high. Swift moving too. It was hard to balance but once I found my spot, I didn't move my feet. Just swiveled the waist and dragged the fish toward hubs who had the net. Almost fell over a couple times but managed to stay dry!!
I am going to make enchilada sauce this afternoon.
Oooohhhhhhh do you have an amazing recipe for enchilada sauce? We made them last night and while I have a recipe I like, If you have an amazing one, I would love to know. Mexican food is the best!
They have 5 meat draws throughout the afternoon and Darrell won 3 of them.
WOW! That's awesome Rae! With the price of food, and meat especially, that is super awesome!!!

Today ........... oh who we kidding. Its fishing season. Its not gonna be a slow day. Tomorrow I have to do laundry. Cant rewear undies like you can jeans :floorlaugh: But after church I am hoping to go fishing again. We had a huge number of fish enter the river this week so it should be good fishing again. Thankfully the PT for the shoulder/clavicle muscle area helps and I'm not hurting too much from fishing. Just the repetitive motion making muscle ache from not using them like this in a year.

Off to get more coffee. Have a wonderful day!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday It stinks that you didn't get to enjoy your anniversary. I hope that both of you got to enjoy Saturday pain-free. I hear you about feeling anxious when you can't help Mark. I feel the same way when Gary is in bad shape. Friday he was so sick he could barely stand and there was nothing I could do.
The temps here have been wonderful as well. It's still hot and humid but nowhere close to the awfulness of the past few weeks. I am scared to look at my electricity bill. People in the local FB group have been complaining that theirs have doubled. :jawdrop3:

@AK_Tracy Ooooh you poor thing, you must have been in agony after all that fishing. I did that to myself so many times. I had to be out gardening -- *had to* -- just to keep my sanity and oh man, I would hurt all over afterward. But it was worth it-- it was a "good hurt" rather than an annoying and useless Lyme hurt. Does that make sense?
The flipping technique makes so much sense but I can see how doing that over and over again will hurt. You are in the river when you do that? I would struggle to keep my balance, let alone try to fling a line out and back.
How are you feeling today, any less stiff and swollen?

You had quite a houseful between the dogs and the kids. I know you loved every minute with Braden. When does he go back to school?
There are a lot of vegan/allergy-free bakeries in this area but my goodness they are *expensive.* Caitlyn was looking at cupcakes at one point and found one place that charged $200 for 100 cupcakes. That was doable until she noticed that they were mini-cupcakes. And not even like store-bought mini-sized. Based on the photo, they were slightly larger than a thumbnail!

I should head to the Gallery while it is still quiet here. I don't think I left any love yesterday so I should catch up this morning.

xoxoxo!
Oh no! Doubled electricity bill would be awful! Mark does a thing where he pays the same amount during the winter which is more than needed. So it builds up for paying those AC bills during the summer. I think we had $700 credit when summer started. I'm sure that will be gone soon, if it isn't already, since it has been so hot this year!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Afternoon to all!
Yesterday was very productive for me! I got 6 loads of laundry done, including the bed linens, swept the floors, even cooked supper, LOL! Mark woke up headache free and worked in the woods and mowed the lawn.
After church today Mark decided his stomach was hankering for a Quarter pounder from Mickey D's. I do not like their hamburger, so we also stopped at Wendy's for my sandwich.
Not doing anything this afternoon. I'm going to do some scrapping.
Have a great afternoon!

Chuck or Chuck related
That would be a good thing for my kids...to do some ATC's about their dad!
I vacuumed for almost an hour. I had to dump the container at least 4 times
HA! I did vacuuming yesterday, too! I had to empty my container before I could even begin, LOL!
I hope that both of you got to enjoy Saturday pain-free. I hear you about feeling anxious when you can't help Mark. I feel the same way when Gary is in bad shape. Friday he was so sick he could barely stand and there was nothing I could do.
Yes, we did! Mark was able to work outside and I worked all day in the house!
I wasn't anxious at all before Tim got really sick with the melanoma....something else I couldn't do anything about! Now the least little thing messes with me, especially when Mark gets sick.
Taking them out of the old style magnetic album and put them in different style albums
My mom had those old magnetic albums and it was a royal pain to get the pictures out. I ruined several pictures.
Sis will be staying until Wed or Thurs so it is a nice long visit for us.
That's so nice that your sister will be here this week, too!
It's Jen's b-day today
Happy Birthday to Jen!
We spent the afternoon yesterday at the Elks Club with some friends and played games all afternoon. They have 5 meat draws throughout the afternoon and Darrell won 3 of them.
WOW! That is great!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Hello all,

I just got home - Adrienne and I went to Walmart for our grocery shopping, and it wasn't too bad. We decided that Sunday afternoon (late-ish) might be a good time to go. Prices have gone up AGAIN. I practically get the same thing every time and it was $60 more today. I'm going to have to look into fixing my own "bowls" like Rae does @bcgal00 - I need to go back and find those links. Rae, if you read this, can you refresh my memory? I know I could trim my grocery bill if I started making my own. They're in the frozen section and they're very yummy, but not cost-effective. Right now, that's the best I can do - I'm not "into" cooking much more than the microwave, air fryer, or an egg concoction in a pan. :floorlaugh::lol23:

Thanks, Chris. I miss being in here, too. Some days (most days) I don't have a lot of bandwidth. Yes, I enjoyed the heck out of the kids dropping in and staying and eating and looking at the ATCs. Braden goes back to school in less than 2 weeks. It sure has been nice seeing his happy, smiling face all summer. I told you that Alyssa isn't going there, didn't I? She says now that she wants to go into The Marines. I know, shock! She's already talked to the recruiters in Tulsa. She has to have the tattoos on her neck removed and she's in the process of doing that now. She had her first laser tat removal procedure done yesterday. She's such a tough kid said it didn't hurt too badly. (That's Alyssa talk for it hurt like a "b"). She must really want this if she is having some tattoos removed. If vegan (anything) is like any of the other "lifestyle/diets - I'm never sure what to call them) they're all expensive. Gluten free and Keto stuff is so expensive. Adrienne is gluten intolerant (just found out) and she replaced everything in her pantry to gluten free.

Kay @BrightEyes I'm so happy that you've had such a wonderful visit with your sister. Hope you got lots of scanning done today.

Vicky @Vicky those ATC's would be a wonderful thing to make to commemorate the kids' dad. Everybody who looks at mine, just love them. I have them in a little basket in the living room, so they're easy to pass around. I'd like to make some more when the mood strikes me.

Going to hop off of here - I have a Color Play Instagram post to make for today.

Hugs to everybody.
XOXO

bcgal00

CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns This is how my bowls come together.

To prep for the week, I boil a few eggs, roast sliced spiced potatoes and veggies.
I bulk cook rice and beans so I can pull small containers out of the freezer as needed. I also airfry or bake protein i.e. salmon or ground meat (mostly chicken with a bit of beef mixed in and TVP granules, sometimes marinated tofu).

To assemble a bowl:
  • start with greens on the bottom. I use baby arugula, coleslaw mix or any kind of greens. May lightly toss with vinaigrette or spritz with olive oil and lemon.
  • I warm up half cup of baby potatoes, sweet potato or rice along with any pre-baked veggies I have in the fridge, then add to salad. I like baking squash, green beans, brussels sprouts, peppers.
  • add raw veggies i.e. ribboned or shredded (or just cut up how you like them) i.e. peppers, carrots, thawed frozen corn, beets, artichokes, tomatoes.
  • add a scoop of beans, chickpeas, lentils, whatever you like and/or a protein (egg, meat). I might sprinkle in a bit of shredded cheese or airfryed tortilla strips.
  • Overtop I drizzle costco cauliflower cheese dip, tahini/peanut butter or homemade ranch dip or southwestern sauce.
So easy to customize. I have a few wide deep bowls that I love to use for these.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns This is how my bowls come together.

To prep for the week, I boil a few eggs, roast sliced spiced potatoes and veggies.
I bulk cook rice and beans so I can pull small containers out of the freezer as needed. I also airfry or bake protein i.e. salmon or ground meat (mostly chicken with a bit of beef mixed in and TVP granules, sometimes marinated tofu).

To assemble a bowl:
  • start with greens on the bottom. I use baby arugula, coleslaw mix or any kind of greens. May lightly toss with vinaigrette or spritz with olive oil and lemon.
  • I warm up half cup of baby potatoes, sweet potato or rice along with any pre-baked veggies I have in the fridge, then add to salad. I like baking squash, green beans, brussels sprouts, peppers.
  • add raw veggies i.e. ribboned or shredded (or just cut up how you like them) i.e. peppers, carrots, thawed frozen corn, beets, artichokes, tomatoes.
  • add a scoop of beans, chickpeas, lentils, whatever you like and/or a protein (egg, meat). I might sprinkle in a bit of shredded cheese or airfryed tortilla strips.
  • Overtop I drizzle costco cauliflower cheese dip, tahini/peanut butter or homemade ranch dip or southwestern sauce.
So easy to customize. I have a few wide deep bowls that I love to use for these.
Thanks so much, Rae! I pay almost six dollars apiece for the already prepared "bowls" and need to trim my budget down. This looks yummy and amazing. I have to do something different - I know you prepare "bowls" all the time.

Thank you SO much. I'm going to c/p this into a document.