Oscraps

Daily Ooos: July 24-25: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hello O-zies! Happy weekend to you all.
I am quite the complicated mess today. I am feeling pretty good emotionally. The sun is shining and the sky is clear blue. But it is so darn cold, it was 65* in my house this morning. Even though I am in a good mood, I am exhausted. My sleep pattern is messed up and I have been waking up between 4-4.30 every day this week. I can usually stay in bed until 5.30 but this is a drag. *yawns* On top of that, my brain is saying that it can't wait to be outside and my back is saying - Hah, not a chance, Old Lady! I think being on my feet all day did me in yesterday. Who knew that baking would feel like a contact sport? LOL

Caitlyn was busy so she wasn't able to help but I got both cookies done and they came out so delish. She said that the pandemic was good for one thing- that I made Christmas cookies two summers in a row. :)
I am still struggling with ACDsee- I am starting to think that I am going to have to retag *everything* I am doing one last try restoring to a previous database that worked but I don't think it is going to work. It is just mind-boggling to think of all my kits that will need to be redone. It might be a good way to keep myself inside and occupied rather than outside hurting myself. But dammit. It's gonna stink.

See, a confusing mess today.

Have a fantastic day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hi @Cherylndesigns See, I like the Go-Pro idea for the girls over GPS but that is the puppy-watcher in me, not being their dog-mom. :D Love that Lila wants to hang with you and Daisy. It is way too cold here for July.
Your reaction with Tom and the piercings is *exactly* why I have been showing my parents the photos of the two of them smiling, that way she will be more used to them and be able to focus on his personality, not his face.
Do you want a hint for the bat?

...... It is in the lower-left quadrant of the page.......

I hate when I have an idea in my head and I can't get it to translate into pixels!

BTW- I think I figured out one issue with ACDSee, which is both good news and bad news. The rags are still left on the ones in the folders on the old drive. But when I copied everything over to the new one, even though I moved everything within ACDSee, nothing came along. Ugh!!!!!

@felis so happy that the article helped, especially in recognizing that emotions are contagious. It isn't that I always *know* how to help but that I am always determined to butt my nose into everything and have the urge to fix it. :)
Yes, the dishcloth could be like a sponge. My mom loves using cloths over sponges. It is probably better for the environment as well as easier to disinfect in the laundry.
I have half a mind to ignore anything ACDSee-related and just watch the videos today. I always seem to mess up changing yarn so that would be a really good one to watch.
Sending easy renovation vibes to your parents, that sounds like it should be a relatively simple project so I hope that it goes well. And yes, "on call" would be the right phrase.

@tanteva Here's to a quiet day at the library! If it is quiet do you have stuff to keep you busy or can you do some reading of your own?
I agree with you andUrban, makes sense to stick closer to home. Scott said the same thing to my parents about work. My dad needs help around the house and yard and wouldn't ask Scott because they don't want to bother him on his days off. He was like-- I had an *entire year off* stuck in the house, what is the big deal about helping my grandparents on a day off when I am only working part-time as it is!
Happy Day off from WW! Are you going out to dinner? Or cooking Fires at home? Either way-- enjoy!

Hope al of you are well,-- *waves hi!*

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Another quick in and out... back is still giving me fits when I sit for very long. Thank heavens for the recliner that lets me be out of bed and for the back brace that helps support the back. And for the massaging unit that fits onto the recliner. I have no idea what triggered this bad spell... just woke up one morning with the back muscles extremely tight. Think it might too much standing and twisting around on the floor when I was doing the VHS tapes inventories. Plus the humidity has been higher than usual (monsoon season for us).

Chris, I had not inventoried my Movies DVDs - just the VHS tapes. Got them done - a stack at a time then rested in between. Found some junk (advertising ones) and tossed them. Out of storage space in the end of the TV stand so will need to find space elsewhere to store them. Hmmmm... Just took a quick look in the office. Hubby had a bookcase in the office that has a lot of out-of-date instruction books/manuals... Once the back is better - I will clear it out. It will make a great storage place for the Movie DVDs.

Woke up to 65* this morning - it had rained as the patio was wet. So have the house opened up. We had 2 thunderstorms hit yesterday afternoon/evening. Got over an inch of rain and quarter-size hail from both here at my house. The airport where the 'official' measurements are taken didn't get any. Today and tomorrow will a repeat of yesterday with flood advisories along with thunderstorms, rain and hail in the later afternoon.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Hell week is over LOL No, it's not been too bad, I actually have had a lot of fun. Especially I love to help kids choose books, to see the love of books in the eyes of a child, give me hope for the future. Also, kids are so fun. If you show them a book, and they think it looks like crap, they'll tell you. LOL

Today I made a woman so happy. She returned a book, that was a bit late - and she knew she had to pay a fee for that. (Borrowing books are free, but there is a fee system if you are returning the books too late.) Turned out she had 2 old fees (from way back in early 2019!) as well to pay, but she could only afford the new one right now. I said that was ok, and that she could pay the rest some other time. She was so upset that she had own us money for such a long time, and I saw how embarrassed she was. I was alone at the counter at the time, but when Urban got back, I asked him we couldn't just delete the old fee, and he said it was ok. The woman was in the children's area with her toddler looking at books, and I went to her, and told her that she didn't have to pay that old fee, and that we had deleted it from her account. She was so happy she almost cried. It wasn't much money at all, maybe like US$10, but I'm sure it made a big difference to her. I just think that if noone ever even bothered to tell her about the old fees in over 2 years, why bother now???

We just had dinner. I made it at home, Vegan "meat", fries in the air fryer, and sauce bearnaise (not made from scratch, made from a bag - but I just love that sauce). Now I'll try and catch up a bit here at Oscraps. I just LOOOOVE that the change in the gallery happened this week when I don't have time LOL Probably will do the catching up more tomorrow. I'm really fuzzy in the brain right now.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Oh, no. Posted one layout to the galleries. My brain is so fried ... did 2 million mistakes in just 4 galleries. I'm not doing anything more today.

Mine brainz no workZ ... over & out.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Oh, no. Posted one layout to the galleries. My brain is so fried ... did 2 million mistakes in just 4 galleries. I'm not doing anything more today.

Mine brainz no workZ ... over & out.
You're not the only one! I posted a Standing O in the wrong place last night! I was trying to move a bunch of my layouts into other galleries and MY brain got fried, too! That's SO sweet that you deleted that woman's late fees. VERY sweet of both you and Urban! I know that made you feel good, as well. Kudos to both of you!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Hello all.

Chris @faerywings - I get totally exhausted when I stand for long periods of time. I can walk forever, but just standing kills me. I need to keep moving. Whenever I bake cookies, it wears me out so don't feel like you're the only one.

We had a lot of stress going on until about 1 AM last night! I was on here trying to keep my mind busy and like I told Eva, I posted a Standing O in an old thread. HUGE HEADSLAP!!! I was also trying to move my layouts to the new galleries and that turns the brain to mush after awhile. Doing too many things at the same time. Adrienne and the girls went to Tulsa to Bed, Bath and Beyond about 3 yesterday. They stopped by here and tried to get me to go and I wasn't up to it. Turns out it was a blessing I didn't go. While they were in the store (for like 30 minutes) Adrienne's car got stolen! We were ALL so upset!!! They were clear over in Tulsa, Roger's in Florida and we were going to go get them, but Roger's "right hand man" went to get them. By the time they got done with all the police stuff, they didn't get home until about 1 AM. She has a brand new Infinity - it was a nightmare for them and could have been a lot worse after we started talking about the "what if's". SO much stress but they found her car - Infinity tracked it. Of course, it was towed to impound in Tulsa. She says she never wants to go back there again! But she has to go back to get her car - somebody does. She couldn't even think when they got home. The police said they have SO many car thefts every day there! I honestly don't even want to go anywhere anymore! She didn't even know her license tag number (who does?) so Chuck and I went up to their house and found that and her VIN number in their files. I scanned them and sent them to Ava who was manning the phone and making calls. Thank God Ava was with her - she's the level headed one. You just don't think it can happen to you!

Chris @faerywings I'm going to go back and look again at your layout. I must find that bat. LOL Yes, the girls are pretty funny - we still have Lila - they stopped by here and left her with us and she'll probably be here all day. Roger flies in to Tulsa (ironically) at 3 so he'll take care of all the problems. He normally flies in and out of Bentonville, but this time it was Tulsa.

Well, that's my "news" for the day. It has to be uphill, right?

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Chris @faerywings I FOUND THE BAT!!!! Thanks for the hint. First I saw his wing, then followed that to the left and there was his "bat face". WOOHOO Thanks for the hint. You hid him well!!

nancyr

Good afternoon - Well I am back from my two week vacation with family down in Florida at Disney World. OMgosh what fun but I was worn out by the end of the day. We were down with my son's fiancé's family of which there were two brothers, their wives and their 4 kids. So all together that was 14 people. The cousins were so fun to watch as they interacted. This family has been going to Disney World since they were kids so they knew how to get around and where all the special rides were. My DH and I just followed and helped with the kids when needed. My DH and I had a day where we went bird watching and that was so fun too. For me the best was I think I have started getting 3 of the kids into bird watching. At Animal Kingdom there were lots of birds so I was able to point out the big and common birds that were around, the great egret and white ibis. It was so fun to see them really know these two birds. One of the youngest girls wanted binoculars, as she was with me while the older kids were off riding something she was too little for, I got them for her. Her parents have been sending me photos of her and her brother using them to find alligators and birds. Made me happy. I have lots of photos now to scrap so that makes me happy too! We drove down and on the way home stopped to see one of my DH's former grad students. She has opened her own pharmacy. How cool. I love seeing new women businesses! Luther was happy to see us. The doggie day care had to call us as he was going on a mini hunger strike. That dog can be so stubborn. But fortunately my oldest son was able to take some different food over. He does not look that skinny. They said he fell in love with a girl German Shepherd. Too funny. I am now watching the Olympics. I will try to catch up with past posts.

@faerywings Chris sorry about the sore back and ACDsee restore. I cant imagine having to retag! Good luck with that. Glad the cookies were good! I have been in 90+ degree weather with high humidity in Florida and I am loving the 65 weather.

@tanteva Eva glad your tough week is over. It is the pits when the brain does not work. Rest and relax! That was really nice that you to delete the fee. Good deeds do not go unnoticed!

@BrightEyes Kay those thunderstorms sound scary. I do not like hail! My sister says that they have had flooding in Phoenix areas. I guess though that rain is needed! Hope the back feels better soon. You are lucky though to have all those tapes to go through!

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl some days the brain does not want to work!

nancyr

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl wow I just read your post - OMgosh I don't think I have ever known any one who had their car stolen. I am glad it was found! I cant believe those that stole it don't realize all the tracking stuff that comes with new cars these days. Good luck when you go back to get it!

felis

I just can't be more boring person :mad:!!! Spends the whole Saturday morning in tries to figure out from where can preorder one ebook via PayPal, and it's just not possible. All the sites wants credit card, as they don't care that mine is always on minus. Most people in my country takes their salary out at once, so to not be charged from the banks for every transaction. And also exactly with the converting of currency during online shopping my card is always on minus. So I prefer to not do it directly. Such a disappointment! :confused:
Then I found I have invitation for an art event, but as I can't drive myself it was too late to find someone to come with me for company and transport. The invitation is been in my mailbox from days, but I didn't paid attention on time. Previous year we was complaining at the whole time how the government not allow us to do anything, but now when we have our freedom back I'm still not used it. I told you, I just can't be more boring!
It looks like I didn't do anything whole Saturday, and
it's Sunday now and it's too cold and muddy for garden work, so I just drink coffee and tries to organize my upcoming week properly. Have no idea or intentions to do anything today! Cats napping day!!! I mean day to hanging on around with my cats.
1627205470095.jpeg

Chris, hmm, it have lot of sense that dishcloth could be better for the environment than a sponge, but I never wasn't hear for this kind of use. Usually we use towel after wash not during it. I hope you'll be able to find the decision for the ACDsee, as I can see how important is that for you! I'm never use tags and it's so time consuming to find the perfect pieces, so I can see the logic behind that, good luck!

Nancy, I wasn't understand you are on vacation! It sounds as a really lovely family trip, I'm so happy for you!

Eva, you are so kind and lovely person, how sweet to make this 'gift' for this woman!

Kay, hope the thunderstorms aren't damaging, and may even help against new fires!

Cheryl, this is so stressful!!! Even when they find the car so fast, it's still so terrible that happens!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We had days and days of perfect weather. Today, the day that we are going to a Christmas in July Pool Party- of course, it is raining. My poor BFF. She is high-strung to begin with and has been obsessively checking the weather for days now.
What can you do? It is going to be great no matter what.

My back hurt a lot yesterday but this morning it is not as bad. Not great, but not where I feel like I am all hunched over. Whew. I restored my ACDSee DB one last time, saw that the Folders on my D Drive were still tagged and the ones on the E drive were not. I am recopying everything over to a new folder on E, deleting the Untagged ones on E. Once I know everything copied successfully, tags and all, I can go back and delete the ones on D. This has become a weeks' long mess. In the midst of all that, I "lost" Tom's photo/card. All I could find was the web version. I finally found it after doing a full PC search for it which was a HUGE relief since no way would I be able to redo the entire thing.

I will do some quick personals and then I have to start getting ready. xoxoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Kay- hope that your back is feeling a bit better by now. Don't push yourself when you are doing better- you don't want to end back in the recliner.

@tanteva Kids are pretty cool, I miss teaching sometimes. That is a really kind thing that you did for the woman and I am sure that $10 made a difference in her life. You and Urban are a good team <3
Is your brain any less fried?

@Cherylndesigns OMG!!!!!!!! That must have been so stressful and scary! Thank goodness they found the car so quickly and thank goodness even more that she wasn't in it. How far is Tulsa from you?
Hugs!!!!!
hahahhaaaaa!! Yay for finding the bat!!! Hope that made you smile a bit, you deserve that

Welcome back, @nancyr ! What a fun vacation! Happy and yup, a bit jealous but mostly very happy for you :) I cant wait to see all of your LOs!
Poor Luther, glad he is home and eating again

@felis ugh what a weekend, hope that it got better after snuggling with your cats.
the dish clothes my mom uses are thin so you can feel the dishes through them. I don't know where they even sell them anymore.
While I was copying over the folders, I watched a couple of more of the crochet videos, She makes everything look so easy!

hugs!

nancyr

good morning - today we had one small morning shower but now just cloudy. Had a lovely evening with my oldest son. He came over and we walked downtown to go out to dinner. My DH is feeling a bit under the weather so we just brought him something back. Today the whole family is going for lunch at a all you can eat ribs place. LOL. More food. But I never complain as I am not cooking. My oldest has found this app that takes photos and makes them move to songs. Too funny. The things you can do now apps are just amazing. Not much besides Olympics and getting my photos sorted. Thanks for all wanting to see my new pages. You give my incentive to get started.

@faerywings Chris have fun at the swimming party. My weather shows just clouds. One thing about growing up in AZ was never having to worrying about rain.

@felis felis nothing wrong with just enjoying the time. Have fun with kitties!

Waving to all!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Hello all.

Nancy @nancyr I had a whole message typed out to you last night and somehow deleted it. I guess I wasn't meant to send it. What a fun trip to Disney you all must have had! I can't wait to see your pages with all the wonderful photos you took! I'm still scrapping Disney pics and it was 3 years ago when we went last. That's how many pictures I took. LOL I made all my book pages, but I still pull a few out for challenges, if they're right. One of the other boards I belong to has a big Disney event once a year, so out they come. That's so exciting that you got two of the kids interested in bird watching.

Chris @faerywings Yes, I found that batty bat! It did make me smile. Tulsa is about an hour away.

They got home with the car yesterday evening. Ava took Adrienne over to Tulsa and stayed with her all day. She said it was the longest day of her life. They had to wait at the impound forever - all the wonderful red tape, Then Roger got in from Florida, so met up with Adrienne and Ava came back home. The car was banged up - they did some damage in the short time they had it! it was completely ransacked and they stole anything they could get their grubby hands on - even all the outside and backup cameras. There are cords handing everywhere. They took all their personal stuff too. I'm sure they didn't intend to leave the car, but apparently knew the police had been notified by Infinity so just left it in a parking lot nearby. Infinity also shut the car off, so they couldn't drive it any further. Onstar has that ability, too. They completely disengage the driving mechanisms. They must have panicked and just carried off what they could carry.

The "what if's" are what scared us. What if they had left their purses in the car? They do that frequently and I'm always after them about it. What if Alyssa had been sitting in the back seat? She does that frequently - she doesn't like to shop, so she'll just sit in the back seat and play on her phone. She might have gotten carjacked. The windows are tinted, so they probably wouldn't have even seen her until they jumped in the car. The after thoughts are what are so frightening. What if Ava had seen someone trying to steal it? She's fearless and would have been right up in their faces and possibly gotten shot. Scary, scary, scary! The scariest thing when you get all your ID stolen (and I have) they know where you live! So, we're not over this - but what can you do? I honestly don't even want to go anywhere - I feel safe right here and don't really want to wander around that much right now.

Thanks for letting me vent. We're all going to be together later on today. Adrienne isn't doing very well and we need to all be together.

Felis @felis sorry you're having a bad day. Just curl up and enjoy your kitties.

Have a good Sunday. Hugs to all.

They had to pay the police impound $400!! I guess crime really doesn't pay - especially for the victims.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Another quick in and out. Back is improving but still bad enough to say it is a PJ day and will be resting in the recliner most of the day. Thank goodness for the meal servings I have in the freezer - no standing while cooking! Just nuke it and eat.

Cheryl, what a scary thing to have happened to the gals. What a horrid thing but at least they weren't in or near the car when it was taken. Yes... terrible that they had to pay the police impound to get the car back.

Popping in to comment on the challenge - done. Heading back to the recliner.