Oscraps

Daily Ooos: July 17-18: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Weekend! I am all messed up on what day it is. It was weird having our Party last night on a Friday instead of a Saturday. That means today feels like it should be a Sunday. (again, *none* of that matters LOL)

Caitlyn and I threw an awesome party if I do say so. Braxton agreed.
20210716_173534.jpg
We ate so much and laughed 'til my stomach hurt. We all dressed "up"-- I wore a tank top with a flannel over it, put my hair in pigtails and threw on some blue glitter eye shadow, and gave me some Tammy Faye Baker mascara. Cait worse something similar, Scott was in mismatched camo (that might have been unintentional since he is colorblind) and Gary wore a really old Budweiser t.
First thing we did was use a hillbilly name generator, I was LeaAnne, Cait- Larlene, Scott- Duke, Leah -Mama Houston, Gary-Jim-Bob. We played pin the tail on the 'possum, beer pong, and had a seed spitting contest. Oh, and with our jug band, we put on a bluegrass station and "played " along with it. I was getting pretty good at the jug blowing part but then I got way too lightheaded. LOL! Our band's name was The Dwayne *something Jug Band."
Kids vs parents in beer pong (we didn't play with beer, but whoever got the ball in the cup, someone on the other team had to drink- we were responsible!) - Parents won! And I won the seed spitting contest. OTOH, I bombed on the Pin the Tail game. I think Scott won both times.
I think tonight we will pick the next theme- We have Space Balls, Nintendo, and Mad Hatter left.

20210716_174321.jpg20210716_192105.jpg20210716_173526.jpg

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I have lots to do today besides just cleaning up. I went to search ACDsee for frames when I was making the food labels and the tags are still showing up in the Properties pane, they didn't show up when I search the catalog. I refuse to freak out over it *just yet.* I have to research whether it is better to restore to an older backup or to see if there are orphans that need rebinding (I thought by moving everything in ACDSee that should not have happened) but with the number of files and tags, I will have to be very careful, the last thing I want to have to do is retag all of it. Yikes.
Caity and I are going to FP this morning, they have been closed for a month and I could use some staples and cleaning supplies.

@vickyday is it any less humid by you today? I should have taken a pic of my hair yesterday- it was *wild*!

Kay- how exciting that the family is coming to visit you in September!! It is going to be fantastic- how long has it been since your saw your grandson? Is this sister the one that came to visit a couple of months ago? I can just see you plotting with her. :D

@tanteva Good luck planning your schedule. I downloaded a pdf of planner pages last week, guess where they are? Still zipped on my computer. Sheesh.
The photos and news from Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands- Oh my goodness, just heartbreaking and disorienting. One photo I saw was a before and after of a town, literally underwater- the road and houses were looped around in the first, and then it was just brown water in the second. :(

@marijke Thank you for checking in!! I hope that you stay dry and that all of your family and friends stay safe too. The photo reminded me of Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy and to say these "once-in-a-lifetime events" are happening so often is horrible.
Eva- hope your German friends are ok too.
I googled Schuld- horrible, just horrible

@Cherylndesigns Ugh!!! Poor Adrienne! I bet she was so excited to see her things again but to have everything moldy... :(
be careful breathing, you might want to use a mask if there are any mold spores.
I *guess* at least the Dr is "ok," that is a good thing. It is so hard to find a Dr that you really like. The last Dr that I adored was my breast surgeon and her NP. I was one of the last patients she took on before she left on maternity leave and she was one of the *most* compassionate, sweet, wonderful people on earth. Her NP was a doll and held my hand literally and figuratively through so much. I am thrilled I don't need to go there anymore -being cancer-free is more important haha!- but the world could use more Drs like them.
Hope that Daisy and Lila didn't cause too much of a ruckus!

@felis I am relieved that your sister is ok other than flooding in the basement and garden. I hope that they will be able to dry out easily and quickly with little damage.
Ooooh, how fun to pick the cherries and make the liqueur! And then to sip it when it is done :) Yum.
I wouldn't want to be on a ladder with the cats around, nope! I had a dream last night that I had a cat and she gave birth to three kittens, but one at a time over three days. I wonder if I slept longer, she would have had more? I remember thinking how odd since she was spayed. Dreams are so strange.
You really lifted my spirits- I think with so much of the climate issues in the news, it is really to feel like one person can't do anything that will make a difference. But to step back and think that if billions of us work on small changes in our own ability, it all adds up. My kids always tell me that I should praise myself more too so it helps when yousay it as well.

Hugs to you all!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Noone can solve all the problems in our world, but if we do our best, at least we can die with a clean conscience.

I won over you Chris - I've printed out my planners, and added all the hours I'm working. Now I just have to do the actual planning. LOL

Tired & hot. Not that talkative today.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Chris... I am ROFLOL over the photos of your party and names! How creative you and the family are! BTW, the food looks delicious, too.
BTW, it is my sister's grandson who will be visiting... not mine. Haven't seen him for 4 years. And yes, it is my sister from TX who will be visiting me.

Cheryl, my heart aches for Adrienne! What a mess and mold is terrible to deal with. Hope you are all wearing masks and gloves as you go about unpacking. Smart to burn the moldy packing stuff. Sounds like it will be a long process to get the unpacking done without spreading the mold around.

I just saw some of the photos from the flooding in Europe/Germany/Holland. Praying for all in the area.

Eva, way to go on getting the planners printed out and your working schedule in them. That is a giant step. I haven't needed planners for several years now. I just use the year's calendar to keep track of appointments.

Was over at the 'other' city library (about 4 miles from my house) yesterday. That one has several books I wanted so was worth the drive over there rather than wait for the 'reserve/hold' to deliver them to the library I use most of the time. Was surprised to see that there was a Library book store open. They have lots of used books for great prices and... DVDs for $1! Came away with 4 DVD and 1 book. Guess I will be going back over there every few weeks to check out what they have added. They will be having a huge DVD sale in Aug so have it marked on my calendar.

Feeling tired today so this will be a put the feet up and rest day.

tanteva

This is the town where my pen pal lives:

ANP-434022955-560x345.jpg

o_O:eek: I think she lives further from the river, but not sure. Crazy. But from what I understand, they mean that this is as bad as it will get in this area. Let's hope so.

I've realized these last few days: I have no knowledge of geography whatsoever! I should scrap one layout about every country in the world, maybe I'd learn something then. LOL

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm just sick over the horrible flooding in Europe. I have good friends in The Netherlands and I've heard from all of them and they're okay. I've received some pictures and again I'm just sick.

Chris @faerywings most of the moldy boxes we unpacked were outside - otherwise I would have worn a mask. I went up again today and helped her put stuff away. She had so much cabinet space - I told her that she was going to have to make a map of where she put stuff. Hahaha

Sending love and hugs to all.

felis

ITA with Kay my hopes and thoughts are with all the people from the affected areas, and with their pets of course! :oops:

Hello girls!

Kay, did you checked these DVDs from the sale when you get back home? I was lucky to buy one sentimental for me animation on 1€ sale, but then I found that this disc not work. Fortunately the second one I ordered is working perfectly fine, just have it in your mind to check until they are still on sale.

So, LeaAnne, this party sounds so fun. And Braxton looks bonkers about the beer pong! So the alligator was or wasn't invited? I don't see it at any of the pics?! The whole party sounds awesome, but I wish I was able to hear the jug band!
Wait what? Where is the Christmas in July party on that list? And no Gatsby style night?
Oh, what a dream indeed. This is actually the main reason people to throw away kittens, complaining that the breeder is lied them that this cat is spayed.
Hope the FP visit was successful! Which reminds me: did you saw that at Monday someone will win all the Crochet Tools from the lesson? I'm excited! Also I didn't have any success with the thrift shop's sweaters. My mom ask at the one in my town, but they told her that because of their limited space they have available only summer items. At the capitol today the store is huge, wich make it very complicated to find what you need, I'm disappointed. I ended up ordering online. Will see do someone will be the right kind that can be unraveling! If not they will not going on waste as I'll introduce them to my cats as a new blankets lol. :p

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
hey there, Ooos! I am a bit late getting here, one of those mornings where I can't seem to get it together. Gary was having trouble printing from his computer and needed my computer to check network settings. But I am here finally.
Although, it isn't like I have anything exciting to share ;)

FP was good, coffee and TP and butter were excellent scores, Cait was able to get a pack of cruelty-free makeup wipes. Dogs got 2 cans of food and a small bag of dry. Woo hoo! In the afternoon, I went out to take care of my neglected plants. The tomato plants (the small, patio ones, no less!) all needed some serious staking. If they make it to "ripe" I am going to have a lot of them. but that is always the catch. The cukes are doing awesome too, I have to find my pickle recipes get the jars and ingredients ready when they all are harvested at once.
Still struggling with ACDsee and I cannot figure what is going on.

Today is my good intention day -- prepare for the week ahead, let me see what I have to do and then complain when I don't get anything done

Have a fantastic day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva I guess dying with a clean conscience is the best we can do. I hope I can say that when it is my time.
Good job with the planners! Hmm,-- can I interpret the " I won over Chris" as a challenge?? Maybe that will be the incentive I need to get going?
Hope that you are feeling better today-- xo

Kay- my family is off their rockers in the best sense of the saying. Thanks for reading "bonkers" as "creative." Ha!!!
Everyone loved the Tator Tot Casserole- I thought it was ok but they loved it.
That is going to be wonderful to have your sister and her GS visit, does that make him a great-nephew?
Woo hoo! Awesome score at the library!

@vickyday any better weather today? It isn't as hot here, but still really humid

Eva- oh my goodness......utterly brutal.....
I have no concept of geography either. Fun idea of scrapping a LO about a different country- if you do that, let me know, it might be fun to do that too (or at least watch what you do)

@Cherylndesigns I am so sorry to hear that your friends are ok but such a mess for them. I am sure that you dealt with this in FL but as soon as things start to flood - like here with Sandy- homeowner's insurance gets so expensive. I hope that doesn't happen to your friends.
*fingers into my ears* I have no cabinets at all in my kitchen, Really only a slight exaggeration. I have 5 upper cabinets and 2 lower, and 2 drawers- in the entire kitchen. We have a dresser in the DR for baking stuff and some serving things. Roasting pans and cookie cutters are in my BR closet. Think I can rent out a few of Adrienne's? LOL

@felis Bathtub Gator is a bad topic in my house. We decided to start soaking him on Tuesday. Cait thought we should start on Monday but I was concerned that the water would get stinky and gross. He didn't uncurl himself properly until last night so had we started on Monday, he would have been ready. Cait is walking around with a Big I Told You So attitude :p
We picked the next theme-- Space Balls... The Movie. Next week is Christmas in July at BFFs and we only picked 5 themes for this summer since the kids actually have some plans this summer.
I read through the blog posts and today I am going to watch the video so I will be caught up for this week. Or that is my plan. I didn't see that about someone winning the tools. I looked up the gauge measurer and the finger row counter on Amazon and added them to a wish list.
Hope that whatever sweaters and yarn you are able to get will be perfect for the projects

@nancyr we haven't seen you in a while, hope you are well!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Hanging my head and feeling bad... For some reason, I was not getting notices of posts in the July Recipe challenge that I am hosting... even though I have 'watch' checked. So I didn't see that there were a lot of posts to it until this morning. o_O Thank goodness, other members were commenting on the LOs in the gallery. At least I saw them today and got caught up on commenting on them.

Kay, did you checked these DVDs from the sale when you get back home? I was lucky to buy one sentimental for me animation on 1€ sale, but then I found that this disc not work. Fortunately the second one I ordered is working perfectly fine, just have it in your mind to check until they are still on sale.
Felis, most of them are used DVDs and all have been okay. They are donations made to the library or the FoL group.

Chris, sorry the gator wasn't at full length by the party - but I am with you about concerns over the water in the tub getting stinky after several days. On the other hand... maybe stinky water is what the gator would feel most at home in. :D

Not feeling up to par the past couple of days... even reading didn't couldn't hold my attention. Guess I over-did with all the out-and-about this week. Had planned on actually attending church in person today (vs watching on-line) but no energy to even get dressed. Looks like this will be a PJ day.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello my lovelies!

I was in and out so fast yesterday - let me try this again.

Chris @faerywings you are such a NUT and your whole family must be too!! I mean that in a completely wonderful way because my family is cray cray! We've never done anything like this, but they'd all do it in a heartbeat. Hmmmmmmm.....................thinking. Ava would take that ball and RUN with it!! She's the super planner and makes things happen.

Went up to help Adrienne again yesterday - that house!!! I honestly keep forgetting where which rooms are. There are two main hallways and I'm forever going down the wrong one. I found a new pantry yesterday that I didn't even know was there! I noticed this beautiful - what I thought was an old china cabinet. No, she said the man who custom made her cabinets build it for her. *Knock me over with a feather*!!! It looked like a beautiful antique piece of furniture, but it "just shelving". Whatever. Hahaha

I'm getting ready to post a LO for the AFT challenge - "what are we celebrating?" and there's a picture of their house (what I could get on a page). They did indeed move in and slept there Saturday night. There's still work to be done outside, but they're in. After more than a year, that was the best thing I could scrap about that we're celebrating.

I've received some pictures from my friends in The Netherlands, but they're all safe. I was so relieved to talk to them! (I think I already said this, but SO relieved!) I was glad to see others checking in here and on other boards.

Everybody is gone for the day so I'm going to try to work on my own house. I need to organize again - that's all I get done. Adrienne gave me this cool shelving unit that I'd like to find a home for. I'm thinking the Master Bedroom. Roger left to fly back to FL to his "real job" and Adrienne and Ava went to Tulsa to pick up B and Alyssa. Then Ava's leaving in two days - always cray cray.

Happy Sunday and I'll try to do personals tomorrow. Waving and hugs all around.

tanteva

Ok ... today I'm not working but I will be working a lot this week & next, so you won't see much of me. I'll try and pop in in the evening and say hi, but I might be totally drained, so maybe not.

Just behave and do as Chris says ..... like I always do ... :D