Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: July 14-15: Weekend Edition!

scrap-genie

With Chris off to PA, thought I'd start this thread before I head off to give my talk.

Hope everyone gets to enjoy a great weekend.

felis

Good morning, Jean!
I just saw your weekly page with the fireworks, SOO pretty! I'm not read the text yet, but will do it soon. I will delay with my again, but my sist gives me some of her vacation photos and now I'm concentrate on few page ideas that they brings me. I was able to scrap and also finally to finish the reading of that boring book that I was started few weeks before. Outside of that all other was just a regular chores.
How was your talk at the genealogy group?
It's looks like busy weekend for you all, girls, so I hope that you have much fun and can't wait to hear about it! :cofbath:

nancyr

Very late today. Hockey is back with the NJ Devils holding their development camp this week and yesterday was the red vs white scrimmage. Then after the scrimmage the Devils set up to take photos in front of the new Patrick Elias retirement banner. It was awesome. Tyler Smith the first round draft selection from this year scored 3 goals for a hat trick. He was very impressive. It was fun to see hockey again. But OMgosh it took over an hour to get to the arena as the road was shut down and we all had to exit and find a new way to the Rock. But we made it before the game started and my DIL was really helpful redirecting us to the Rock once we had to get of the road we usually take. And her brother was already there and he saved us great seats. It was so good to be back at a hockey game. Then Amanda and I went to lunch and this pizza place is so good. Fortunately the drive home was awesome. Today is lazy as my DH has an open house to attend but he had Luther out for a good 90 min walk with a slight stop when the rain came pouring down. Luckily they were near the town's gazebo and we able to hide from the rain there. Supposed to be a lot of rain today OH well. So I can watch the tour de France. They are racing on cobblestones and it is like they want to see riders crash. Really sad. Also Wimbleton is on and of course the World Cup final. So lots to watch lol

Jean thanks for starting the thread. I am sure your meeting was a success.

Felis it is so hard to finish a book that is boring. But enjoy scrapping with the new photos.

Have a great weekend all!

scrap-genie

We watched the world cup final and now I'm just being still in the heat. In a bit DH will be off to play with some of the Hum & Strum people for a block party in a neighboring suburb.

Yesterday I had a nice time at the meeting. First thing is always to set up your equipment and see if it works (it doesn't always.) But everything was spot on even their mikes. I know or am friends with many of those attending. The talk seemed to go well and got many thanks. Then they held their annual indoor picnic to which I was invited. So got to sit and talk with folks. In the air-conditioned library. DH didn't come as he was at a practice for today.

Felis, good for you to finish the boring book. I don't finish books that I don't like when I start them, but if you need to, that's great. Have a great time with your sister's photos!

Nancy, saw the tropicbird LO and it is gorgeous. That trip sounds so much fun. Will have to look at the MOPS for April but I did see they seem to progress from snow white to green. How wonderful for you to have been to a hockey game! I shudder to think football will be back next month already, but that must mean hockey too.

Cheers to all.