Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, October 22

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I don't think I slept much better last night but thankfully, I am not as tired as I was yesterday. All day, I felt *terrible* - just so sluggish. I am surprised that I made it through especially since I was on my feet for literally almost the entire time. I cleaned for my friend, got home, showered and washed my hair (long curly hair- it's a production hehe), then made homemade pie crust dough for dinner. Laundry, then did some ACDSee work. By 3 pm I was back in the kitchen for the next two hours. So. Worth. It. The chicken pot pie recipe I use is a copycat recipe and it is delish. It is not something I would typically order at a restaurant but I love it. The best thing about the recipe, it makes a double batch of the filling so I have it already in the freezer for next time.

I am off to get flu/shingles shots today but that should go really quick, just in town. I have to think about whether I need to get a COVID booster- According to CDC, I should since they count a history of cancer as a risk, plus depression. I understand the cancer risk, but depression/mood disorders? I will have to look more into that especially since I know that my seasonal affective disorder is going to ramp up soon. It is like clockwork. blerghhhhhhhhhhh

Scott is down at my parents' to help them with some yard work. His last day of work was last Saturday and while he should be eligible for unemployment (he was laid off/seasonal work), he doesn't know when or if he will get paid. He would help my parents for free (or bagels LOL) but they wouldn't accept that so this is a win-win. he is going to see if he can borrow my dad's leaf blower which would also be a win-win. That makes it easier for us, less to rake, *and* will keep it out of my stubborn father's hands.
My money is on my dad refusing to let him bring it home, however :/

Caitlyn was on campus all day yesterday but when she got home she told me that she had tons of photos to share from the farm-sitting adventure. Today will be looking at them and laughing at her when she gets that goofy smile on her face every time she talks about Tom. I have never seen her this happy.

Have a happy day too!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@bcgal00 I hope that you do pop in more often if and when time permits. I miss hearing how you are doing and the funny stories of Taz and Remi. I don't blame Taz for getting worked up over T-or-Ters I have been using a pheromone collar for J and am waiting to put the brand new one on until next week. I have to take her to the town's rabies clinic on the 30th and then Halloween is the next day. She will be a basket case so that will help take a bit of the edge off

@Cherylndesigns I bet it is hard to not have the family all together but look at it is this way-- you get to spread out the visits and almost always have one to look forward too :D
We have a small Dollar General in town, it is good to pop in for a few things if I don't want to deal with the grocery store They have a cruelty-free makeup line and I love their face wash - esp since it is only $4!
I hope that you "ungrumped" yesterday too

@taxed4ever You are brave to go and walk in the pouring rain, but it must have been a blast to learn the history of your hometown. That is a huge group that went too.
I love the card as well-- you are very talented, so excited for you to be invited to the art show! What an honor!

@tanteva Whew, I am glad that work wasn't stressful because of the coworker.
I don't blame you for giving the licorice to Urban-- I can't imagine how $$it must have been to ship just the hat and candy. Braxton looks so terrific!
Hehe - good quote! It is easy for me, I ignore *everyone!* LOL

@tjscraps On no didn't she have ink on her face too.? ROTF about the "tramp stamp"
It actually depends on the Doctor for how long we have to wait to get appts. I needed to see a new GYN since all of the ones in my insurance plan stopped accepting it. I finally found one and the wait was 7 months. She doesn't take my insurance anymore either so I have to start looking for another new one. I cannot imagine how stressful and terrifying it was to have to wait for 4 weeks to see an onc. :(

@Cherylndesigns you spread cheer and you get cheered up at the same time- you are a spot of sunshine here too!

love to all!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning everyone. Glad its Friday, work has been busy this wk. Can't wait for Xmas holidays where I should be getting about 2 wks off work depending on the backlog my client sends me. I'm really getting tired of working. This wkend is my b-day so tomorrow we'll have Jen and Bailey over, have nachos and burritos for an early dinner and watch a movie together. I have to fit in some photo editing (shot a portrait session last week), scrapping and want to get some rice and beans done up in the instant pot later today. I'll stay in today, no dog park but I'll bundle up and get out to the park tomorrow morning with the dogs b/c rain or shine, Remi can only go a day or two without getting out for a long romp through the park to work off some energy.

@faerywings So nice to hear how happy C is with Tom. Can you and Scott come here to do my yard??? As soon as the rain lets up I need to get out and get my garden ready for the winter.

I'm getting to work now and maybe I'll get another challenge page done later. I'm happy that I have more time now to hang out with my O family again :)

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Wow... another morning of sleeping in.... didn't wake up until 8:30 AM. Maybe my body is anticipating the change off of Daylight Saving already. :rolleyes: Have been feeling tired so didn't go anywhere the past couple of days. Still need to go to the grocery store so hope to do that today. I have been scrapping so feel like my days were not wasted. But I did have a scare yesterday... I was working away on my computer when it suddenly shut down with no warning. Fortunately I had finished and saved one layout and was looking for photos to use on a new one when it happened. Once it restarted, I did a quick backup to ExHD before I did anything else.

Oooops... sister is calling. CYL

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
@bcgal00 I hope that you do pop in more often if and when time permits. I miss hearing how you are doing and the funny stories of Taz and Remi. I don't blame Taz for getting worked up over T-or-Ters I have been using a pheromone collar for J and am waiting to put the brand new one on until next week. I have to take her to the town's rabies clinic on the 30th and then Halloween is the next day. She will be a basket case so that will help take a bit of the edge off

@Cherylndesigns I bet it is hard to not have the family all together but look at it is this way-- you get to spread out the visits and almost always have one to look forward too :D
We have a small Dollar General in town, it is good to pop in for a few things if I don't want to deal with the grocery store They have a cruelty-free makeup line and I love their face wash - esp since it is only $4!
I hope that you "ungrumped" yesterday too

@taxed4ever You are brave to go and walk in the pouring rain, but it must have been a blast to learn the history of your hometown. That is a huge group that went too.
I love the card as well-- you are very talented, so excited for you to be invited to the art show! What an honor!

@tanteva Whew, I am glad that work wasn't stressful because of the coworker.
I don't blame you for giving the licorice to Urban-- I can't imagine how $$it must have been to ship just the hat and candy. Braxton looks so terrific!
Hehe - good quote! It is easy for me, I ignore *everyone!* LOL

@tjscraps On no didn't she have ink on her face too.? ROTF about the "tramp stamp"
It actually depends on the Doctor for how long we have to wait to get appts. I needed to see a new GYN since all of the ones in my insurance plan stopped accepting it. I finally found one and the wait was 7 months. She doesn't take my insurance anymore either so I have to start looking for another new one. I cannot imagine how stressful and terrifying it was to have to wait for 4 weeks to see an onc. :(

@Cherylndesigns you spread cheer and you get cheered up at the same time- you are a spot of sunshine here too!

love to all!
Awwwwww, Chris your last sentence made me feel SO good. Thank you SO much!! I don't stay grumpy very long.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Okay, I'm back and feeling "ungrumpy" - I just got a notification from Walmart that my first Christmas gifts for Asher have been delivered. That makes me so happy - I can hardly wait to see them (not the gifts, them - LOL! I sat with Steph last week and had her pick some things out that she knew Asher would want. I think I pretty much know, but it was good to get her buy-in. Murph's Law got me. The day before she told us they were coming, I ordered her a book of layouts. LOL Of course, I'm having it delivered to Florida. She doesn't know, but I'm going to have her bring it so we can look at it together. She wants a big cast iron skillet, with a lid, so we'll definitely have that shipped to FL. I don't want her lugging that home on a plane. I told her we'd ship everything to FL (if she doesn't have extra room. I just want them to have gifts here. All of our mail/packages to to one big delivery box or to that brick house we used to live in. So, I know it's either in the mailbox or the front porch of the brick house.

Kay @BrightEyes yay for sleeping in. I finally got a great night's sleep so I think that ungrumped me. Good thing you had saved your work! I learned to do that the hard way. :(

Chris @faerywings we already got our flu shots, but are also on the fence about the booster. Chuck wants it and after being so sick after my second vaccine, I'm not sure. Yes, what does depression have to do with it? I'm in agreement. I know you can't wait to see all the pictures Cait took! Farm/country pictures are the best!

I'm going to sign off and get something done. I've been on a cleaning spree and probably should get back on it. I have to clean when I'm in the mood.

Happy Friday!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Hi ladies... very late getting in here today, its been another busy morning. Slept in until 7:30 and then Heather and I talked and talked on face time for almost 2 hours!! I had to recharge my phone LOL. Then off to grocery store to pick up my order, I got everything I ordered so YEAH!! Once I got the groceries put away then I needed to have something to eat and then get some lunch ready for my Gary. He comes home for lunch now, but its not until around 12:45 and some days that is just to late for me. Anyway not much else has gotten done around here. It will be a rainy weekend with a series of storms coming our way, so it will be a good to just stay home and do some scrapping and painting! If DH has a few things to do then he will have to do them on his own, I have way too much to catch up on!!

@faerywings -Chris sorry that you did not sleep well again last night, this cooler weather and darker mornings are really helping me to sleep better, wish the same were true for you! Good luck with your flu and shingles shot today, hopefully your arm will not be too tender! Nice that Scott is being so helpful to your parents and I will keep my fingers crossed for him that he gets his unemployment insurance! Or better yet that he will get a fabulous full time job!! Enjoy going through all of the photos that Caitlyn has taken, perhaps some good ones you could use for a page or two??

@bcgal00 - Rae Happy Birthday my mainland friend!!! I hope you enjoy your weekend of no work! Your time with your family sounds perfect! Time to retire if you are no longer liking your work! Hope the rain holds off for your Walks with the Dogs!

Kay - Wow you are really catching up on your sleep! Yikes! That is freaky that your computer shut down on you for no reason! Glad that you did not lose anything!

@tanteva - You crack me up!! But sorry that your brain is not into posting today!

@scrap-genie - Yup I hear ya and feel the same way on numerous occasions!

@Cherylndesigns - Look at you already getting Christmas gifts ordered, that great! Give me some of that inspiration please! I am afraid the same will happen to me with our son and family. They just don't know yet if they will be able to get on an airforce flight to come home for Christmas, but if I mail their gifts to them then the next day they will find out that they can come! :eek:.

Ok lots to do this afternoon before DH comes home and wants to watch the Bruins game. Have a great Friday everyone!

tjscraps

Oy. What a long day!!!! I dropped in a few times to see if I had time to reply but nope! Very glad it’s the weekend, planning on vegging and scrapping tonight.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Woke up this morning with a sore throat, headache & what do you say? Sore ear/ear pain/earache? Maybe that's why I have been so tired lately. Will take it easy today and hope I won't get any worse.