Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, November 25

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hello from a very quiet house at 9 am. Scott's asleep and so is Caitlyn. Gary is upstairs on his computer and the dogs are *zonked.*
I didn't get out of bed until almost 7. The dogs had me up a lot last night. W wanted to get under the covers and there was no room. J was where she wanted to be and you cannot move that brick of a dog if she doesn't want to be moved. W kept hitting me in the face with her paw. What in the world did she want me to do?o_O haha! I tried to get her to go on the other side of me, but nope-- whack, whack, whack. I am shocked that I don't have pawprints on my cheek.

Have my American friends come out of their food comas yet? I didn't think I ate too much but I felt really full-- allll carbs too! Stuffing, potatoes, and rolls. Sam made her grandma's broccoli souffle and I ate some of that too. I was so happy that The Samily came here. I was concerned since I wasn't sure how everyone was going to fit but I knew that we would make it work. It's always a fab feeling to me to expand my family, I am like an amoeba absorbing all other life forms around me hee hee!

We are going to PA tonight and will be back after dinner tomorrow. Just the 4 of us and the 2 dogs. Whisky has never been there and the last time J went it was with Ray
Today is clean and pack

xoxoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@bcgal00 ooooh a new robe for Jen sounds wonderful and cozy-- and even better that you got one too, even "bestest" that you got one for yourself!
Hope that you and the pups had a great day at the park

@vickyday have fun at DDs!

@tanteva LOL at your turkeys
Sorry to hear about Borje, ALS is awful :(

LSlycord

Good morning! I didn't get here at all yesterday. I was up and cooking at 5:00 a.m. and we ate dinner at 1:30. Syd helped the last couple of hours. Jianna was amazed at all of the food. We have enough to eat for the rest of the weekend...and then some! Took a two hour nap after lunch and then got up and played games with the girls. We played Sequence (@faerywings) that is a new one that I got. We looked at the instructions for Ticket to Ride in New York City and decided it was too difficult (which could be the exhaustion from turkey dinner) and finished with several games of Yahtzee (and not even one Yahtzee was rolled).

Even after the long nap, I was in bed at 10 last night. Today we are going to try to get our Christmas inflatables up and the artificial tree up and decorated. Then the plan is to head to the Nights of Lights in St. Augustine tonight and walk around. It really is an amazing site. We have done the trolley and taken a boat but we have never just walked in the lights. Looking forward to that and it is truly something that every visitor during the holidays needs to experience.

@faerywings sounds like your Thanksgiving was perfect and the trip with the four of you (plus dogs) will be so much fun! Have a great time.

LSlycord

@faerywings I love hearing about Cait's job. All of those messages must make her feel so good...and you and Gary must feel so proud! I had to laugh about you sitting on the broken chair. When I was about 13 or 14, we had one chair that had a broken leg. It worked fine as long as you didn't sit down hard and we didn't have a lot of money so we lived with the broken leg. We had a neighbor who was the sweetest lady but very heavy and she was so self conscious about her weight...always apologizing for it. Anyway, she came over one day...which was pretty amazing in itself. And she headed toward the living room. I all of a sudden had a fear of her sitting down in the broken chair and I rushed past her and my mom to get to that chair first. My mom couldn't understand why I was nearly knocking them over to get in front of them...until she saw where I sat. LOL That's an old memory that I hadn't thought about in years.

@bcgal00 I saw the beautiful tree on Facebook. You must feel so relieved to have that much of the decorating done. And what a deal on the robe...buy one get one is always my favorite with anything. For example, I have two packages of miniature marshmallows in the pantry right now because they were BOGO. LOL (I do use them this time of year for some cookies and for my strawberry jello salad...however probably don't need two right now.)

@tanteva I was so sorry to hear of Borje's passing. I don't remember him...I'm not much of a hockey fan. But I did see the ceremony to honor him earlier this month and I found the entire thing so sad. ALS is a terrible monster.

@Cherylndesigns hope that Thanksgiving was great!

I really need to squeeze in some scrapping today...but it might wait until Sunday when Syd leaves.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Yes, my books (birthday gift to myself) arrived on my birthday - Tuesday. About mid-afternoon, a box of 'Edibles' - chocolate and icing covered fruits was delivered - a birthday gift from DD#3 and family. Sis and I got a Mexican dinner (take-out) so it was a no work/no cooking/no stress day.

Sounds like everyone who was celebrating Thanksgiving had a wonderful day. It has been a fun week having my sister here. No long hours spent cooking on Wed and Thurs ... just a couple of hours on Wed making the cornbread and tearing up the bread for the dressing and baking a single Pumpkin pie... and Thursday baking the turkey, dressing and sweet potato/pecan casserole and making the giblet gravy. It was all so delicious. I even managed to package up most of the leftovers to go into the freezer for future meals. And we finished off the day by having pumpkin pie with whipped cream for an evening snack. It was a great relaxed holiday. Sister left early this morning to head home in order to beat the snow storm that may hit her town tomorrow. We thought it was going to be snowing on I-40 today but the storm moved further south so she boogied out before it wraps back around. Its about a 5 hour drive.

I am going to pack the fall decorations away this morning. Not sure if I put the Christmas ones up yet. The arm is a bit sore today as I did a bit of lifting with it this past week. So will be taking it easy for the next couple of days.

LSlycord

@BrightEyes sounds like the time with your sister was just what the doctor ordered! Was some of that heavy lifting you and your sis turning the mattress? LOL Taking it easy for a couple of days is probably just the right thing now! Getting ready for all of the scrapping goodness in December!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes sounds like the time with your sister was just what the doctor ordered! Was some of that heavy lifting you and your sis turning the mattress? LOL Taking it easy for a couple of days is probably just the right thing now! Getting ready for all of the scrapping goodness in December!
No... I ended up rotating it around last weekend before she arrived. It was easy enough to push it around 180 degrees without lifting it at all. I actually just pushed it with my knees to get it to move. The lifting was the 14 lb turkey from the fridge to the sink, then into the roasting pan (sis had not gotten up yet). I did let her move it into and out of the oven and onto the cutting board.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. D went Xmas shopping yesterday. His usual tradition is to shop a few days before Xmas but I told him that won't work here in our little city. The stores are already out of stock for many things. The variety and quantity is not the same as Vancouver, where the population is over 2 million, Kamloops is around 90,000. He got a refund from amazon for the snowblower that still hasn't come and was able to order online from Home Depot. Hopefully that will come in the new few weeks before another big storm hits us.

Nothing special going on today. Scrapping, reading, dog park, tv show binging, groceries...the usual. D ran into a friend yesterday who asked (again) if he would like to come work with him part time (similar work to what he did in Vancouver) but D said no, he is enjoying the quiet, non-stressful life, he feels no need to work now.

I'm going to sort thru some photos and pick a few more out to get printed. I still have a few big collage frames to fill up and a few single frames. No rush but it's in the back of my mind to hopefully get done soon.

I'm going to get more coffee and get out of here. Any minute now Remi is going to start staring, nudging and whining at me to go feed the birds.

HAGD everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hi girls. I just realized I haven't checked in for a day or so. Looks like you all had a happy turkey day.

We went to Steph's friends and had a wonderful meal - she's able to eat more at this point, but still can't over do it. It was a nice day, though.

She surprised me today by telling me she wanted to walk with me to take the trash out and go check the mail. That was a very good sign. She held on to me, but she made it the whole way.

I'm not sure if I told you that her primary care doctor says she's doing fine. She hasn't lost any weight since pre-surgery. She goes to see her surgeon on Mondy, which i'm making lots of notes already to ask him. I'm hoping he's happy with her progress, as i leave Tuesday.

I'm going to run, but I'll check in soon. Hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
#cry
For #&¤%s sake!!!!!!!!! Just spent 2 hours to make a page for the multi-photo challenge ........... just to discover that the kit no longer is available in the store.