Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, May 7

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Bah humbug, it is sunny out again today and I am going to be cleaning inside. It is ok, yesterday was too cold to work out there- 55*! Freezing. I had a decent day cleaning for my friend. I love seeing the difference when I am done. She asked me to deep clean the three bathrooms and that took about 3 hours. I did the grout with a toothbrush. But dang it is all sparkly! I am going back to do the tile floors today. The tiles are textured/pitted and she hates them since all of the dirt gets stuck in them. So I am going to see what I can do with them.
Her kids have two bunnies and two guinea pigs and I didn't think I would have missed them-- but guess the first place I went to? I had to talk to my buds. It was hard to ignore the piggies, they were wheeking at the top of their lungs! You would never think that guinea pigs could be so loud.

Today is also my nephew's 10th birthday! It feels like he was still a little guy yesterday. He is probably taller than me by now. I saw him last Christmas and he was getting close. I have no idea when I am going to get to see him, hopefully soon.

I have to go make sure Caitlyn is up, she has a paper due today that she hasn't started but it is one that she could write with one hand tied behind her back. Back in a bit for quick personals. xoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I double-checked the weather and yup, still going to be cold out there. Around 60* before the clouds come in. So much for May! OTOH, my azalea is almost in full bloom which is 2 weeks early in spite of the cold. SMH.

@tanteva That is good to hear that you only had a sore arm. A couple of anecdotal tips I have picked up for the second one is to drink LOTS of water before and after, move the arm frequently, and take Tylenol/acetaminophen if you start to get chills or body aches.
It is sad how many of the old sites have folded in the digi-world. Thank goodness for the O.

@felis- nice to see you even if you are still feeling cranky. I am so proud of you that you did some of the Snuggles projects. I still need to finish the last one I started a while ago, I thought I had lost the hook but it turned out that I thought the handle was a color that I don't even own.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WI-FI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Cherylndesigns that has to be the best news (after Sam!!!) I have heard in a while. Fingers crossed it goes quickly!

@bcgal00 I saw the photo of Remi on FB of her rolling on the ground- what a happy dog she is. Love it!! An old friend had a Lab/Aussie mix and that girl would herd us the second we walked into the house. Sounds like she and Taz are a good pair too.
Oh my goodness, that is also amazing news if you get to see Bailey!! I can't imagine how hard it has been to not see her for so long. I hope that everything works out, she is going to be so happy seeing the dogs. I hope that you will be able to get some pics of her with them. Let her know that Cait and I are thinking of her. :)

Hugs!!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Happy Friday!!! Yes, we're getting WIFI!!!! @faerywings Chris, they're digging the trench right behind our house today!!! I was standing at the French doors in the kitchen taking pictures and they saw me and waved. I opened the door and told them I was SO excited! You'll love this - the huge machine they use to dig the trench is called a "Ditch Witch". Hahahaha It's written on the side of the machine. I had to laugh - they're right behind my scraproom window and those little Hummingbirds are still at the feeders guzzling their food. I can't believe it!

Kitty is making himself right at home. He's konked out on the bed asleep. He's become our "computer cat" - of course, he jumps right up on the keyboard. I was downloading a file last night (you KNOW how long it takes) and he jumped right on the keyboard. I had been watching for him, out of the corner of my eye, but he slipped up on me. Fortunately, it didn't stop the download. I just lifted him off and set him on the desk. IF I can download a file, and I say IF, it takes about 30 minutes to do one. I can't be in a hurry. I had already been down to the bottom of the hill yesterday to download.

Felis @felis , hope you're feeling better today, sweetie. Go snuggle with one of your kitties. @tanteva Eva, glad all you've had is a sore arm. I echo what Chris said - drink lots of water. I'm a big water drinker anyway, but I even increased my intake. Of course, I still got sick, but maybe it would have been worse.

Chris @faerywings you mentioned that you were going back to work, but I didn't realize that you were cleaning a house/houses. I had that "pitty" tile floor in one of our houses in FL and it drove me nuts! It never looks clean! Bless you for scrubbing the grout with a toothbrush. I used to do that back in the old days, when I was channeling Martha Stewart. I used to LOVE to clean! Now I hate it! Adrienne has been looking for somebody to clean for both of us and she thinks she's found somebody. Her house is HUGE and she thinks she can get away with somebody cleaning twice a week. HA! Once a week will be pushing it. I'm going to have our small house cleaned twice a month. That gets the deep cleaning done. Chuck says we don't need it, but guess what? We're going to have it done. We had our house cleaned 2x a month in Florida.

LOL I forgot to hit send again. Waving to all.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
My cat Discord is a computer wizard. He knows short cuts I didn't even know existed. Things happen here on the puter, screen turns upside down or completely black. Worst is that he really loves to step on the volume key - scares the [€$£{ out of me when the computer suddenly SCREAMS at me. LOL

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Been a busy day.... woke up at 4 dark-thirty AM and couldn't go back to sleep. Got up and worked on the computer for a bit. Got a call from my niece to say she was coming by... "if I wanted her company" .... LOL Turns out that the wifi at her park can be iffy and she really needed to download a couple of updates to her Mac so she could get her taxes done before May 15th. She is finally feeling better and the allergies are somewhat under control so her temp is gone. Of course, we now have smoke from the fire near Ruidoso casting a haze over the area. We got to visit for almost 2 hours while her Mac did its thing. Told her to come back over after her taxes are done and send them from here as my WiFi is good and much faster than what she has at the park. After she left - I made a dash over to the library to turn in books and pick up the 2 that had come in. Got back home to skies turning gray. Temp went from 84* down to 71* in 10 minutes and had thunder and rain for about 30 minutes. I had snuggled up under a fleece throw and dozed off for short nap. Now the sun is back out and temp back up to 79*.

Cheryl.... I am doing a happy dance for your over the trench for the WiFi being dug at your house. Hopefully now it will only be a short while until the lines are in and connected! I used to have maid service coming in every other month. Ended up cancelling when DH got bad as I was with him at the hospital/skilled nursing/doctor's visits the last several months. Hope it works out for both Adrienne and you to have the same one. Have LOL as I had that same type of tile flooring years ago. I had an electric floor scrubber that I used on it but it never really looked 'clean'. So glad I now have my ceramic tile floor that is easy to clean.

Chris, I know what you mean about feeling good when clean and can tell it is clean. I used to have to scrub the grout on the kitchen tile countertop with a toothbrush and bleach it so it would look clean. I swore I would never have another kitchen counter like that - but I did in several houses. Thank goodness I now have granite counter tops in the kitchen.

Eva... you had me in stitches over Discord playing on your keyboard and turning the sound up real loud. That would cause anyone's heart to pound... Yep.... the cat has the right name.

Need to go figure out what to wear for the Red Hat Chapter lunch tomorrow. Hostess was planning on us sitting outside so I will need to wear long-sleeves/pants with a big sun hat as I sunburn easily - even when sitting in the shade. But - that may change to indoors as it is suppose to be windy. It will be so good to see them again. I feel like I have had and will be having a wealth of social activities suddenly! Sure does lift the spirits.