Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, May 10

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Eep.
This week went by so dang fast! I am also a little stressed that we are already in double digits for May. I need more time. I need that upside-down smile emoji to add here. Or one that says "help." ;)

How was your day?
We had an amazing day for the field trip. I get such a kick out of helping the kids find things in the forest. It's easy to tell who has spent a lot of time outside and who is more tentative. Those kids are the ones I enjoy helping the most, the ones who aren't sure they want to turn over the rock or log. At the same time, I really get a kick out of working with the kids who want to know about everything. I am working on getting more desensitized to the large millipedes. I still won't touch them but I don't mind seeing them and showing them to the kids. It's a big step for me because when I was a kid, I disliked anything that had no legs or lots of legs. (My mom is terrified of all bugs/nature critters so I didn't get a lot of exposure when I was a little- that changed when I started teaching/met Gary who did a lot of camping as a kid/had my own kids).
Anyway, my coworker was holding a millipede and I made sure I got close enough and asked questions and all that good stuff. I think -- 95% sure- that if I saw one on my own, I would be ok to handle it. Maybe 95% is overselling. I'm 85% sure I could do it.
I got a great compliment from my coworker who thinks I would be able to lead this rotation on my own dance4

Scott was in the area at dinner time and took his break here. I forgot to ask him some questions about a b-day gift idea from my mom. I'll have to bug him later today. I was happy that we were sitting at the table for a long time, my hummingbird made an appearance and I got all giddy. tee hee!

I am off to clean for my friend today and then I really, really want to do some scrapping. I have only done two pages this month and looking at the HAPS this morning made me want to do *more.*

Have a very happy day!!

A-M

@faerywings Chris, I hear you about the time going way too fast but in a sense I do not mind. I am counting down the months now - 12 of them until I am able to stop doing the volunteer work I am obligated to do for my Government Allowance. I have another year to go until I am eligible for an Aged Pension. My Ken is 13 years older than me and has been on a pension since 2010 when he turned 65. Now I have to be 67 to go on a pension.

Today I had some time at home in the morning and then worked a shift at the Craft Store in the afternoon. We had some customers. They had a really busy day on the Monday with possibly people buying gifts for Mother's Day. Ken and I will be working in the store tomorrow afternoon.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Stay safe and happy.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Eep.
This week went by so dang fast! I am also a little stressed that we are already in double digits for May. I need more time. I need that upside-down smile emoji to add here. Or one that says "help." ;)

How was your day?
We had an amazing day for the field trip. I get such a kick out of helping the kids find things in the forest. It's easy to tell who has spent a lot of time outside and who is more tentative. Those kids are the ones I enjoy helping the most, the ones who aren't sure they want to turn over the rock or log. At the same time, I really get a kick out of working with the kids who want to know about everything. I am working on getting more desensitized to the large millipedes. I still won't touch them but I don't mind seeing them and showing them to the kids. It's a big step for me because when I was a kid, I disliked anything that had no legs or lots of legs. (My mom is terrified of all bugs/nature critters so I didn't get a lot of exposure when I was a little- that changed when I started teaching/met Gary who did a lot of camping as a kid/had my own kids).
Anyway, my coworker was holding a millipede and I made sure I got close enough and asked questions and all that good stuff. I think -- 95% sure- that if I saw one on my own, I would be ok to handle it. Maybe 95% is overselling. I'm 85% sure I could do it.
I got a great compliment from my coworker who thinks I would be able to lead this rotation on my own dance4

Scott was in the area at dinner time and took his break here. I forgot to ask him some questions about a b-day gift idea from my mom. I'll have to bug him later today. I was happy that we were sitting at the table for a long time, my hummingbird made an appearance and I got all giddy. tee hee!

I am off to clean for my friend today and then I really, really want to do some scrapping. I have only done two pages this month and looking at the HAPS this morning made me want to do *more.*

Have a very happy day!!
Yes, this week did go by quickly! But I'm glad because I get to see my girls this weekend! dance4
Sounds like you had a great day with the kids yesterday! I'm with you.....too many legs is out when it comes to bugs!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Quick request--- can you send good thoughts to my BFF, she is having a hard time and I can't do a darn thing to help her. Everyone is healthy but there's so much upheaval and stress. I am worried for her and her family :brokenheart: Thx!

@vickyday Thanks for the suggestion on how to layout and print the ATCs. That will save a lot of time and photo paper.
The weather here is the same, unsettled and unpredictable. I am supposed to be going on a hike this Sunday that I have been looking forward to for 2 months- as of now, it's supposed to be rainy. *grumble*
That's so good to hear that Carolyn is in good spirits and I know that she loved visiting with you ♥ The photo of you together is so special, the clasped hands hit my heart.

@MariJ My mom's family was the same as yours but they lived in Kearny. All of the cousins lived in multi-family houses and went to the same HS. They never were alone, they came in a pack LOL!

@taxed4ever I would love to go on your Surf and Turf hike with you. The name is the best! LOL Two of my favorite places to be: in the woods and especially at the ocean. Were you able to get any pics of the seals and eagle? I'm giggling at "playing with their food" - the seals should know better :giggle4: How are your legs and feet feeling today?
The end of the day (besides the Bruins losing) also sounds wonderful and relaxing.
Ugh about the Mac.... although 12 years is an incredible run for a computer.

@AK_Tracy I can't give you sunshine today but I can share :coffeedrinker: :coffeedrinker:
Soooo sorry to hear about the snow. I hate snow any time of year but in the spring? That's just awful, even in AK.
hahahaha-- you write and think the same as me. I have posted things, went back to reread it and couldn't make heads or tails over my *own* thoughts. I feel bad for all of you attempting to decipher what I am saying.
Glad that you were able to rest a bit and scrap a bit.
*nods* yup, housecleaning can be a workout, who needs a gym when you are dragging a vacuum around the house?
Yeah, the day is 40 minutes old so far and I feel invincible!
:lol23: BTDT! How long did that invincible feeling last? I can occasionally make it to 10 am before I crash and burn. *G*

@BrightEyes I hope you felt super refreshed all day yesterday after you slept in a bit.
It's a good thing you were already dressed when you heard the garbage trucks. I hope that your hands are feeling better every day.

@bcgal00 Awww, I love when you describe training with Remi and Taz. What is she going to do without any snow or ice for the next 6 months? They are such cute dogs.
How was the mahjong game!? Did ya win?
Good luck with the GF flour mixes, I hope they make baking easier and more predictable. DId you ever figure out what was up with the brownie recipe?

Vicky-- dinner out was a good reward and much deserved after you cleaned all day! WTG, Mark!

@Cherylndesigns How long will the storm season be this strong by you? Or will it last all summer? Sheesh, I hope not you need to get sleep.
I love that you had a great night up at Adrienne's with the family. I don't even want to *ask* about the golf clubs but you didn't mention any trips to the ER so that's a good sign :p
ooooh, they were invisible golf clubs, as in "Is your golf club here in the room with you?" Bwuahahah!!!
So happy that the pillow-cade is working, Daisy is a smart girl so that doesn't surprise me. And if you get to sleep and she is happy to be near you, that is a big win all around!

I hear you Rae and Vicky about wishing you knew then what you know now about aging. There's been more than a few times I have turned into Mother Hen with my coworkers. The big one last week was sunscreen, I wish I used sunscreen when I was their age.

@mywisecrafts so evidently a green apple margaritas is a thing. On one side I'll juice the apples and on the other, I'll have my blender going for a frozen green apple margarita. I think this is totally reasonable. LOL. :rotfl:
:wine4: I'll be right over!!! It sounds healthy, full of antioxidants. The more the merrier! :drunk:

@mimes1 Amy, have a wonderful time with your DDs! Happy Mother's Day! ♥

:hug4:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@faerywings Chris, I hear you about the time going way too fast but in a sense I do not mind. I am counting down the months now - 12 of them until I am able to stop doing the volunteer work I am obligated to do for my Government Allowance. I have another year to go until I am eligible for an Aged Pension. My Ken is 13 years older than me and has been on a pension since 2010 when he turned 65. Now I have to be 67 to go on a pension.

Today I had some time at home in the morning and then worked a shift at the Craft Store in the afternoon. We had some customers. They had a really busy day on the Monday with possibly people buying gifts for Mother's Day. Ken and I will be working in the store tomorrow afternoon.

I hope that the 12 months go by quickly for you! I know that the retirement age here is always being debated for an increase but I have no idea what it is now. I think it's 67 as well. Enjoy your time at the Store tomorrow!

Reactions: A-M

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
I've been awake since 3:30 this morning! It's gonna be a long day! But it will end nicely as my oldest daughter comes to town this afternoon! dance4
I can tell I did too much yesterday as my back is bothering me a bit today. I still have some cleaning to do so what will be will be! I need to clean the bathroom but I think I will skip the mopping I was planning on doing. I was going to do Mark's laundry, but I think I will put that off until Sunday after my daughter leaves.
I did get another sheet of ATCs done and posted this morning! I think I'm going to fix myself some coffee here in a minute. My stomach feels like I need to put something in it.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Quick request--- can you send good thoughts to my BFF, she is having a hard time and I can't do a darn thing to help her. Everyone is healthy but there's so much upheaval and stress. I am worried for her and her family :brokenheart: Thx!

@vickyday Thanks for the suggestion on how to layout and print the ATCs. That will save a lot of time and photo paper.
The weather here is the same, unsettled and unpredictable. I am supposed to be going on a hike this Sunday that I have been looking forward to for 2 months- as of now, it's supposed to be rainy. *grumble*
That's so good to hear that Carolyn is in good spirits and I know that she loved visiting with you ♥ The photo of you together is so special, the clasped hands hit my heart.

@MariJ My mom's family was the same as yours but they lived in Kearny. All of the cousins lived in multi-family houses and went to the same HS. They never were alone, they came in a pack LOL!

@taxed4ever I would love to go on your Surf and Turf hike with you. The name is the best! LOL Two of my favorite places to be: in the woods and especially at the ocean. Were you able to get any pics of the seals and eagle? I'm giggling at "playing with their food" - the seals should know better :giggle4: How are your legs and feet feeling today?
The end of the day (besides the Bruins losing) also sounds wonderful and relaxing.

@AK_Tracy I can't give you sunshine today but I can share :coffeedrinker: :coffeedrinker:
Soooo sorry to hear about the snow. I hate snow any time of year but in the spring? That's just awful, even in AK.
hahahaha-- you write and think the same as me. I have posted things, went back to reread it and couldn't make heads or tails over my *own* thoughts. I feel bad for all of you attempting to decipher what I am saying.
*nods* yup, housecleaning can be a workout, who needs a gym when you are dragging a vacuum around the house?

:lol23: BTDT! How long did that invincible feeling last? I can occasionally make it to 10 am before I crash and burn. *G*

@BrightEyes I hope you felt super refreshed all day yesterday after you slept in a bit.
It's a good thing you were already dressed when you heard the garbage trucks. I hope that your hands are feeling better every day.

@bcgal00 Awww, I love when you describe training with Remi and Taz. What is she going to do without any snow or ice for the next 6 months? They are such cute dogs.
Good luck with the GF flour mixes, I hope they make baking easier and more predictable. DId you ever figure out what was up with the brownie recipe?

Vicky-- dinner out was a good reward and much deserved after you cleaned all day! WTG, Mark!

@Cherylndesigns How long will the storm season be this strong by you? Or will it last all summer? Sheesh, I hope not you need to get sleep.
I love that you had a great night up at Adrienne's with the family. I don't even want to *ask* about the golf clubs but you didn't mention any trips to the ER so that's a good sign :p
ooooh, they were invisible golf clubs, as in "Is your golf club here in the room with you?" Bwuahahah!!!
So happy that the pillow-cade is working, Daisy is a smart girl so that doesn't surprise me. And if you get to sleep and she is happy to be near you, that is a big win all around!

I hear you Rae and Vicky about wishing you knew then what you know now about aging. There's been more than a few times I have turned into Mother Hen with my coworkers. The big one last week was sunscreen, I wish I used sunscreen when I was their age.

:wine4: I'll be right over!!! It sounds healthy, full of antioxidants. The more the merrier! :drunk:

I'm glad you liked the ATC suggestion.
Mark benefits from those supper outings, so I knew he would have no problem with it, LOL! ;)
Praying for your BFF and her family! :hug4: :praying2:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

Yes, Chris. Sunscreen is a biggie in health matters!

MariJ

Time sure does move quickly.... Except when I want it to and then it takes forever....
I love hearing about your craft store experiences and seeing the wonderful pieces you create.

Reactions: A-M

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... another busy morning for me as I got in a Face time chat with Heather (DD). They are having nice warm weather also. It is already pretty warm here this morning and not a cloud in the sky. I am off on a hike this morning with my sister Wendy to Stoney Hill. Hooray I am finally getting her to do this one with me. She keeps making excuses not to go, but this time she agreed. I will take it slow as I know she is not much of a hiker and has shorter legs than I do, so keeping up will be an issue for her. I am just happy that we will be spending the morning together! So another day where I can't stay here and chat with all of you, but please know that I love all of you and I am missing my time to scrap, life is just busy right now and on top of everything else, now I have to start looking for a new computer and a subscription of some kind to Adobe for Photoshop Ughhh!! I hope you all have a fabulous :friday:

AK_Tracy

Pass the coffee my dear! Was a toss and turn night. Achy hips and hot flashes. Gonna be a three cup day. It snowed all day yesterday. I hate when people complain to me from Oct-April that its snowing oh man snow ughs snow. I'm like we live in AK what do you expect. Drives me crazy. BUT May 5th is the cut off. :floorlaugh: Always snows on my DD birthday. It can stop now. Yesterday and day before it snowed, but thankfully didn't add up. Not helping the flowers to bloom (grow) and not helping the bees to settle in and forage.

Yesterday I was invincible whenever I got off my hind end!!! It was good but I misread the recipe for potatoes and they didn't finish until half hour after dinner. But the ham was good. No bread just veggies. I think I forgot to run the dishwasher as my spoons dont all appear to be here today. Oh well. Such is life. The good news about the potatoes being late is there's lot of them leftover. And if you chop up the ham and toss them in it will be an amazing lunch!!!

@taxed4ever Trudy you are reminding me to start saving some $$. My Mac is seven. I will cry when she has issues. I've never enjoyed a laptop as much as my Mac. Why did it take me so long to switch over from Dell? LOL Oh yeah cause that was hubs fav. We are now a divided family. Three Dells vs three Macs. :giggle4:

Todays goal is to not see snow and get the laundry done and hung out to dry. Maybe a scrap challenge. That's about all I have planned. At the moment the sun is shining but I see lots of clouds too.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Quick in and out this morning. I slept in again this morning... until after 9AM. This is getting to be a habit. Could be because I watched Netflix until after 9 PM then had to read a bit after getting in bed (that is my sleeping routine). Got wrapped up in the story and finally turned the light off at midnight. I am reading "Dark Site" by Patrick Lee. I had just finished reading "Runner" by Patrick Lee and enjoyed it so much I had to find more of his books - only found the "Dark Site" at the local library. The winds were howling from about 10PM and most of the night... I woke up a few times hearing it blowing.

DD#3 stopped by yesterday afternoon and we had a wonderful visit. She has been busy clearing out and organizing stuff like mad. Looks like the garage sale will be toward the end of the month. I need to get some of the stuff I have for it organized and ready for her to pickup when she is ready to take it. She was so sweet... she planted some flower seeds in one of the pots in the backyard for me and got the hose put on the back faucet (my hands couldn't handle doing that).

I did get the Challenge 3 LO done and uploaded yesterday. I always love doing fantasy pages.

Time to get my shower and dressed. Have a few chores to do,

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good afternoon ladies. I just got back from a birding walk this morning. Not my favorite park, it's a protected wetland so we have to stay on the sidewalk as we walk around the ponds so that we don't disturb any nesting areas, thus it doesn't allow us to get too close for photos. It was a fun group though and am really enjoying the more relaxed slower pace of this group compared to the 10 wk course I've taken twice since moving here. Got a photo of a chipping sparrow (a new bird for me). I would never known what it was if not for the other more experienced birders in the group. Got photos of two different types of herons (great blue and the black crowned night heron). It is now hot here for a few days before cooling off again next week. Crazy fluctuating weather is a real thing here!

My photos have finished loading so want to go sort thru them and I'll post a few on FB. Dog park and banana bread baking is on the agenda for later this afternoon.

@faerywings I don't like many legged critters either.

@AK_Tracy Snow Oct-Apr is normal for BC weather but here in Alberta it can still snow in May and even June but it melts quickly. I don't mind the snow but I am soooo ready for the summer now.

@taxed4ever Have a great time with your sister.

I've got dogs staring and softly whining at me. They want cuddles and cookies I think :) HAGD everyone.

AK_Tracy

@AK_Tracy Snow Oct-Apr is normal for BC weather but here in Alberta it can still snow in May and even June but it melts quickly. I don't mind the snow but I am soooo ready for the summer now.
I dont mind the snow either. Its so normal. Unless its May. Then I mind. I am ready for summer but so far its shaping up to be cool and wet. We dont normally have ice on the lake by now so the dogs are getting antsy to for swimming. Another day or two and it should be gone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good evening,

Chris @faerywings good thoughts going out to your BFF and her family. I don't know what's going on, but it doesn't matter - if it's in regards to any of your loved ones and family, you have my prayers and good thoughts. I hope the storm season is about over - the summer season is right around the corner.

Good news - Braden is home for the summer. He and Ava just stopped in and we had a nice visit. It's always good to see his smiling, sweet face. They were trying to calculate when they could put my bench and totem together. He's such a good kid. The three of us were throwing around ideas for a Celebration of Life for Chuck. They always have good ideas. Ava has a tree, and Roger is damming up some water that will be in front of our house. He wants to do a memorial there. It will be wonderful and he's going to make it so I can walk to it and there will be benches there and I can sit and meditate.

I went outside and worked for a bit but the wind is so strong today that I gave up. It just whips around and it's too much for me. I did get my ferns watered but I need to plant some things in the big pot that will be by my front door. I hope that we're going to go to the nursery tomorrow. I need a couple more plants to put in there. I have some lavender plants and also an asparagus fern that it now too big for the pot. UGH. I have a huge pot in the back, but need some muscle to get it to the front.

Group hug to everybody and happy Friday.:grouphugyay:
XOXO

AK_Tracy

Ava has a tree, and Roger is damming up some water that will be in front of our house. He wants to do a memorial there. It will be wonderful and he's going to make it so I can walk to it and there will be benches there and I can sit and meditate.
This is so beautiful. Pulls at the heart strings for sure. I love the idea of a tree and benches to sit and "be still" (and cry). What a wonderful spot that will be.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
This is so beautiful. Pulls at the heart strings for sure. I love the idea of a tree and benches to sit and "be still" (and cry). What a wonderful spot that will be.
I'm so thrilled with this, Tracy. There will also be a waterfall nearby. I'll have a path that leads to the memorial so I can go there any time and just feel close to Chuck. :heartpumpred: My SIL has made great progress already, clearing trees and starting the damming up for the pool.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I just have to share this picture. I just went out on my front porch and this is my view at 8 PM. The coyotes are howling tonight. I love to hear them.

my-view.jpg

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
This is a great view Cheryl @Cherylndesigns! Being able to go out there and collect your thoughts and find comfort and healing in your treasured memories is very special.
It is so very special and has it's beauty for each season. We are so blessed. I keep saying "we" and probably always will. It's a very special place.

MariJ

Trudy you are reminding me to start saving some $$. My Mac is seven. I will cry when she has issues. I've never enjoyed a laptop as much as my Mac. Why did it take me so long to switch over from Dell? LOL Oh yeah cause that was hubs fav. We are now a divided family. Three Dells vs three Macs. :giggle4:
Well, Tracy - a whole year together at SG and I never realized you were a Mac scrapper. I LOVE my Mac laptop! :beatingheart:

AK_Tracy

Well, Tracy - a whole year together at SG and I never realized you were a Mac scrapper. I LOVE my Mac laptop! :beatingheart:
This is probably why we get along so well :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: that and a million other things. Yes, Once I realized what a Mac could do, I ditched the pc so fast. WONT go back unless under duress.

MariJ

This is probably why we get along so well :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: that and a million other things. Yes, Once I realized what a Mac could do, I ditched the pc so fast. WONT go back unless under duress.
Yes I agree! I always think - under duress... Or money, I wish Apple products weren't so darn expensive! But, they sure do work well and play nicely together with each other. Which of course is another way they getcha!