Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, March 26

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hello and happy Friday to you all! The weather is going to be cooperating, relatively speaking, today while I sit in my car for a few hours while Gary is getting full alien abduction treatment. Sunny and not frigid. Hopefully, the sun will keep the car warm enough so I don't have to run it too often.
Yesterday was pretty darn dull although I did finish a scrap page and made a new siggie- I think I need to tweak it a bit now that I see it in the forums. I crocheted another row of the mat for the animal shelter/hospice, I am bringing that with me this afternoon. And I tried to not ask Gary too often if he wanted me to make him tea. ;)
Scott has his interview this morning and he feels about as ready as he can be. I hope that the environmental stewardship class that he is taking will show them his incentive to work in the field and willingness to continue learning.
We have to leave here around 12 and I hope we will be back by 4. It is the farthest I have been away from home and the first time driving into "real" North Jersey in over a year, as opposed to tooling around on the country roads where I live. Wish me luck, hope I remember how to drive in highway traffic :p

Guess that is about it for me, Boring Old Faery! *G*

Hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@taxed4ever Happy Anniversary!!! That is a long time to be married but I can see how much you guys love each other. I wouldn't be comfortable going out to eat either, I would be too anxious to enjoy it. Can you order curbside and set a fancy table? Yeah, IKWYM, it really does feel like life is no fun. I really want to wander in a local consignment shop that opened recently as well as the new grocery store. Just wandering... nope not yet!
I have fingerless gloves that I will bring with me, thank you for suggesting! hehe, I am so glad it isn't just me, there are many times that I spend hours in the Shop here or IRL looking for a kit/clothes and end up overwhelmed and empty-handed.

@bcgal00 -- scrolls down-- No update on a puppy... Maybe that means you have been too busy to post? I hope that that the right one presents herself to you soon. Keep us posted!!!!

Ugh, my computer is freaking out in me! I am going to have to finish this quickly because it is making me crazy.

@nancyr I hate that feeling of waiting for appts where you know the phone is going to ring or there will be a knock on the door and you know you can't leave or go in the shower or sit down to eat :) So happy to hear that your windshield got fixed and they did a nice job for you. Congrats on Vax #2!!! My mom said that she was very tired after #2 and slept the entire next day but then she was fine. Thanks for the good thoughts for Scott!

@Cherylndesigns You are seriously lucky that Chuck is an "experimenter" when cooking. Gary is to the *letter* when it comes to recipes. If it calls for unsalted butter and there is only salted in the house, he (precovid) would have to go and get the unsalted instead of simply reducing the salt in the recipe. I would *love* to send out a Bat Signal to my family and have everyone show up for a Pot Luck. You are blessed!!! I love the fireplace- we have a small one and it makes the room look cozy.

@LSlycord thx for the good thoughts, hope you are having nice warm weather again!

xoxoxo

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
How did it get to be FRIDAY? ? ? Sorry to see this day arrive as DD#1 and hubby will be moving to AZ late this afternoon. But I know that it is right move for them so am happy, too. Thank goodness, DD#3 and family are still living in the area so I have help if needed.

Got a look at the Fab Friday - cOlor Play - in the shop... oh, WOW... can tell I will be busy scrapping today. But before I do that, I need to make a run to the grocery store. Want to do it early so I miss the weekend shoppers.

I had planned on doing it yesterday but it was cold and spitting rain off and on. Ended up having a PJ day instead.

Will try to pop back in and chat a bit more later on. CYL

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning everyone! Kay is right, how did it get to be Friday already!! DH is home and busy in the kitchen adding whatever he adds to the wine that he has on the go. Yesterday was busy as I did my laps at the pool and then came home to shower and change and then off to the Craft Store to pick up some inks that I have wanted for a while. Then a visit with my sister, before going to the grocery store to pick up my online order. Had a nice dinner last night and made a fav meal for the both of us. A one pot Keto Sesame Chicken and broccoli Yummm! Tonight I do not have to cook so that will be nice, but still a bit leary of going out to a restaurant. Not sure why, guess its because we have not gone to a restaurant in ages. Hope to play with the new Fab Friday products today, but we will see just how busy DH will be keeping us. Found out yesterday that we will be starting the vaccine roll out on Monday. They hope to vaccinate around 2000 a day. Finally!!

@faerywings - Thanks for the Anniversary Wishes! Yes 44 years is a long time LOL. I was thinking yesterday that I should run to Winners and check out what they had new in there, but nope I just could not bring myself to go. I feel quite comfortable going to the little craft store that I like, but there is usually no one else in there when I go. I must time it just right because the woman who owns it says they are quite busy. She is getting a online store up and ready to go soon, so I look forward to doing that. (Shhh don't tell my Gary LOL). I hope that you can keep nice and warm in the sunshine in your car while you wait for your Gary today! I am sure that driving in the city is like riding a bike and you will be just fine doing it!

@BrightEyes - Kay I imagine you have such mixed emotions for this day! Knowing that they are going to a good place to live, but also you will miss them so much! Glad that you still have one DD there to give you a hand when you need it!

Well I better get some breakfast for the both of us. I have a feeling it will be another day of doing all the things that my DH has been wanting to do all week LOL but that's ok it makes the time go by quickly! Have a wonderful Friday everyone! Stay safe!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning my lovelies!

Yes Chris, @faerywings I AM blessed! We made a FGC (Family Group Chat) on our phones so the bat signal only goes out once, and all the little bats respond yay or nay. Did you see the pictures of the kids helping Chuck put the fireplace together? They always pitch right in w/o even being asked. They had that whipped together in no time. We actually had NOBODY here for dinner or a visit last night! It was weird and abnormal. My son-in-law is back in Florida (his "real job") and Braden's gf had a basketball game and the rest of them went to that. Oh, they did stop in around 10 to get Lila. We dogsat while they were gone all evening. She loves to come to "Grandma and Grandpa's". LOL

How did Gary get along? I had to laugh about the alien invasion - that's SO what it's like and who knows what alien invasion junk they pump into us? At least you had something to keep you busy. I was going to tell you girls about my fingerless gloves, then I saw you mention them. My hands are always cold, so I got 2 pairs of them and wear them all the time. I can type in mine and do everything. They've been a miracle for me. Mine come up on my wrists. I bought a 2 pack from Amazon - got to keep Bezos from going broke. ROTF (WHERE is that emoji????)

@taxed4ever Happy Anniversary!!! 44 years!!! You have Chuck and me beat - we're only 41. EEEKKK how did that happen? We never do anything fancy on our anniversary any time, let alone now. We DID all go out to dinner last weekend though and it was fun. It had been a LONG time. Very small crowd and people were spaced nicely apart, we sat in front of a big fireplace. That sounds like an anniversary dinner, doesn't it?

Still cripping along on my hotspot. I had quite a day yesterday and about threw my hands up and said "I quit". It takes a lot to get me to that point. I had about 25 files to download (some from the designers here) + others. I grabbed my laptop and we went down the hill to where I use the wifi. NO wifi! Chuck went inside and there was a guy working there who said "it's all gone - they took everything out". The router wasn't even there. Seems they moved the "office" to a different location. Then we drove down to the restaurant on the corner (that I'd used before) not a strong enough signal to download these huge files. It worked the last time, but not yesterday. Went one more place - no luck there either. I was beyond frustrated and I "might" have said some "choice words". But it was something along the line of "not having wifi was a deal breaker for me moving out here". Poor Chuck.

Okay enough grousing. That's life in the boondocks. Happy Friday everybody.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
It's been a busy time here. We picked up our mini aussie pup yesterday and have been mostly busy going in and out with her for bathroom breaks. Taz is starting to come around this morning. He ignored her yesterday which is the same as he did with Bella for the first 5-7 days and then they became besties, so I'm not worried. I'm taking him out everyday by himself so he gets his own time with me.

I'll not be around much for a bit as I'm really busy with her and trying to fit in work too LOL. It's going to be a crazy month or two until she becomes more trained and I can sleep thru the night. I was up 3 times last night so basically almost no sleep. So....here's Remi!

i-XC7cT9F.jpg

felis

Hello ladies!
The weather here is lovely, and of course spring fatigue hits me. Instead to start plant flowers, I spend too much time playing with cats. LOL! Forecast says one more snow next week, so I don't want to rush.
I don't know why is so difficult, but I'm spending lots of time in search for the photos I'll need without success. And, yes, this was what I did today (again). Have to organize my photos in different way. Though next month I have big plans for scrap! :)
I had lot of fun crocheting and will post my finished first turtle.

Happy anniversary Trudy! I hope you have very romantic day! It's really awesome and very impressive to can keep successful marriage! I understand you so well, I don't think I'll go back to physically shopping of clothes anytime soon or at all! But music this is different thing, I miss the small gigs at piano bars!!!

Chris, I often was think about Scott and keeping fingers crossed today!

Kay, Oh, I understand you so well, as miss my sister desperately! We text multiple times during the day! But I'm also over the moon happy that she is happy and calm! At least in nowadays is easy to contact with our beloveds.

Cheryl, absolutely love your family photos! What a idyll! I have mittens, which can opened to half fingers glove.

@LSlycord Linda, it would be great to have fresh citronnade daily, I'm jealous now!

Nancy, great that the car window was fixed and you had so successful and troubless day!

OMG, Rae, she is amazing! So beautiful, and I know that for you is important to pose. Hope that she will be right for you! I'm so happy! Congrats!