Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, MARCH 1!!!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
9998079.png

We made it!!!!
It's March and that means I survived the worst 2 months of the year. Now, if the temps would warm up soon, it would be awe-some. It is 19* right now. That's some BS. Boooo. It looks like it's going to be warmer on Sunday which is good since I am helping with a Maple Sugaring Program in the afternoon. I haven't worked in a couple of weeks so I am excited to get back over there. Scott gave me a ton of books and rock samples to bring there for their "library." I told him yesterday about Weis' Earth Day celebration and suggested he see if the County Parks Dept would be interested in having a community table there. He is already on it. hehe-- smart guy. :D The County celebration is a different day than Weis so they are reciprocating. It will be fun to "work together" for a day. That's not until April 20 so it will give me something to look forward to.

He was able to get his taxes done in the afternoon and then after dinner, we played Ravine. That's the game where you have to survive after a plane crash. We normally make it through to the"rescue" or close to it, which is about 15 rounds. We started off doing great, everyone was close to full health. And then within three more rounds, I was the only one alive by a thread and then I died too. One of my Madness Cards was to challenge the player to my left to an arm wrestling match- it was against Caitlyn. She thought she was going to take me down instantly and we were hysterical that she didn't. We were stuck in the same upright position for what felt like forever, just laughing.

I don't have anything specific happening here today other than some housework and laundry. Since it's a new month I have some Cheery O duties to take care of. I'll check on my crocuses - probably every hour on the hour-- and maybe I can get some pics of them if they bloom today. *pleasepleaseplease*

maybe if it warms up, I'll take a walk in the backyard woods- I'll make sure my neighbors are ok with that since it is their property but that's never been an issue. Maybe I'll bring some of my tree ID cards and see what I can find and identify. I know there is a tulip tree back there but since there aren't any leaves, I'll need to find it by the bark and buds. That's a decent challenge for me.
(That will balance out the challenge I'm gonna have when I call my mom. She was in a bad space yesterday and was hopping mad about a lot of things)

On that note, I'm going to sign off :waving1:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Love your leap! Hope you came down like a feather in the wind LOL! Tell that snow it needs to go away. And the winds too. We lucked out yesterday since there were trees down all over North Jersey and lots of power outages. There were large branches on the sides of the road when I drove to my friend's but nothing too bad.
Oh no, that's awful that Tricare can't process Rxs. What will you do if it's not back up soon?
Hope that your sister's area isn't affected by the wildfires ♥

@taxed4ever hope you had a wonderful day out and about!

@vickyday The pileated woodpeckers are so impressive to see flying, especially with the bright white flashes of their wings. I keep looking out my window, hoping to catch sight of him again. I hope that the groundskeeper at the parsonage didn't get rid of the daffodils, they are such a cheerful plant and they don't need much of anything other than the sun.
I still have a few piles of snow left from last month, I'd be happy to share with you *G*
I wonder if Express Scripts is part of the outage, my mom hasn't been able to refill some of her meds either.
You are still going to be posting here even while you on on CT Hiatus, right??

@Cherylndesigns I'd say that you need at least two throws on your bed, I wouldn't put it past Sam to want one as well. :D

Oh nooooooooooooooooooo :(
I wonder if scammers search obituaries to look for targets. Easy targets- you are inundated with all sorts of paperwork and banking while grieving. A******* :angry3:
Just be safe and take your time as you go through this. I know you know that but you know me, I can't keep my "advice" to myself hahaha!
Hope that the rest of your day/night was a little better and that you are starting March with less to stress over.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning O ladies! There is fresh snow on the mountain tops and it is pretty chilly out this morning. I put the hummingbird feeder out as soon as I got up and they were there to greet me sitting on the feeder before I even got it hung up LOL. Yesterday was busy with errands and meeting my friend for lunch/coffee, it was great to catch up with her and hear about her recent visit to see her Mother out in Toronto. Her Mother just turned 104!!! Can you imagine living that long and still having all your faculties?? I also went to my fav craft store and picked up a few new goodies :lovey3:. Anyway it was late afternoon by the time I got back home and after putting away all of my fresh veggies etc. it was time to get dinner started. DH had lots of meetings at work and so got home a bit later than usual, but we had a good chat about our day over a glass of wine and enjoyed the evening together. DH called his Dad to see how things are going and they are having another showing of their place on Sunday, its a formality that they keep showing just in case the financing does not go through on their first offer. We will find out by the 7th of March at the latest. Keep your fingers crossed for them :prettyplease:. A new Month and so I need to get some coupons made and sent out to the challenge winners and that is my goal for the day, that and working with the new Big Bundle too.

@faerywings - It will be so nice for you to get back to work again, you must miss it! I hope that the temps are better and the sun shines bright for your Maple Sugaring Program :sunnyeyes:. I need to get out and see what is blooming in my yard today too, I know the Heather is in full bloom and it looks so pretty with all that bright pink covering the side hill. How nice that you will be working along side of Scott and your game last night sounds like it was so much fun! You are so lucky to have your kids so close by to you!!

@Cherylndesigns - Ohhh Nooo those dam scammers!! Thank goodness your Bank is at least picking up on it! I hope that you (Scarlett O'Hara) are having a much better day today! :hug2:.

@vickyday - I hope you are going to enjoy using the new big bundle and that you will be happily scrapping the day away! We hope that you will still continue to chat with us while you are on Hiatus from your CT duties! Sending you lots of good health vibes !!:loveangel:.

Ok the coffee cup is empty and I need to get in the shower :showering:and get on with my day! Have a great first day of March everyone!! Hooray February is over and done with !! :yesss::waving3:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
9998079.png

We made it!!!!
It's March and that means I survived the worst 2 months of the year. Now, if the temps would warm up soon, it would be awe-some. It is 19* right now. That's some BS. Boooo. It looks like it's going to be warmer on Sunday which is good since I am helping with a Maple Sugaring Program in the afternoon. I haven't worked in a couple of weeks so I am excited to get back over there. Scott gave me a ton of books and rock samples to bring there for their "library." I told him yesterday about Weis' Earth Day celebration and suggested he see if the County Parks Dept would be interested in having a community table there. He is already on it. hehe-- smart guy. :D The County celebration is a different day than Weis so they are reciprocating. It will be fun to "work together" for a day. That's not until April 20 so it will give me something to look forward to.

He was able to get his taxes done in the afternoon and then after dinner, we played Ravine. That's the game where you have to survive after a plane crash. We normally make it through to the"rescue" or close to it, which is about 15 rounds. We started off doing great, everyone was close to full health. And then within three more rounds, I was the only one alive by a thread and then I died too. One of my Madness Cards was to challenge the player to my left to an arm wrestling match- it was against Caitlyn. She thought she was going to take me down instantly and we were hysterical that she didn't. We were stuck in the same upright position for what felt like forever, just laughing.

I don't have anything specific happening here today other than some housework and laundry. Since it's a new month I have some Cheery O duties to take care of. I'll check on my crocuses - probably every hour on the hour-- and maybe I can get some pics of them if they bloom today. *pleasepleaseplease*

maybe if it warms up, I'll take a walk in the backyard woods- I'll make sure my neighbors are ok with that since it is their property but that's never been an issue. Maybe I'll bring some of my tree ID cards and see what I can find and identify. I know there is a tulip tree back there but since there aren't any leaves, I'll need to find it by the bark and buds. That's a decent challenge for me.
(That will balance out the challenge I'm gonna have when I call my mom. She was in a bad space yesterday and was hopping mad about a lot of things)

On that note, I'm going to sign off :waving1:
I'm with you! The temps going up and down drives me batty! It didn't get as cold as you last night, but a far cry from 70 like it was the other day!
I laughed at you and Caitlyn arm wrestling! Did either of you ever win, or did you both give in?
Sorry your mom is in another mood!
Did you go to the woods and identify some of the trees?

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes Love your leap! Hope you came down like a feather in the wind LOL! Tell that snow it needs to go away. And the winds too. We lucked out yesterday since there were trees down all over North Jersey and lots of power outages. There were large branches on the sides of the road when I drove to my friend's but nothing too bad.
Oh no, that's awful that Tricare can't process Rxs. What will you do if it's not back up soon?
Hope that your sister's area isn't affected by the wildfires ♥

@taxed4ever hope you had a wonderful day out and about!

@vickyday The pileated woodpeckers are so impressive to see flying, especially with the bright white flashes of their wings. I keep looking out my window, hoping to catch sight of him again. I hope that the groundskeeper at the parsonage didn't get rid of the daffodils, they are such a cheerful plant and they don't need much of anything other than the sun.
I still have a few piles of snow left from last month, I'd be happy to share with you *G*
I wonder if Express Scripts is part of the outage, my mom hasn't been able to refill some of her meds either.
You are still going to be posting here even while you on on CT Hiatus, right??

@Cherylndesigns I'd say that you need at least two throws on your bed, I wouldn't put it past Sam to want one as well. :D

Oh nooooooooooooooooooo :(
I wonder if scammers search obituaries to look for targets. Easy targets- you are inundated with all sorts of paperwork and banking while grieving. A******* :angry3:
Just be safe and take your time as you go through this. I know you know that but you know me, I can't keep my "advice" to myself hahaha!
Hope that the rest of your day/night was a little better and that you are starting March with less to stress over.
Yes, I will still be posting here! I'll keep everyone informed on my health "improvements"..... thinking positively! ;)
I hope the groundskeeper didn't get rid of the daffodils, too. I also had some hyacinth planted. I'll have to try and remember to see if they are out when we go to church on Sunday.
HA! You can keep your piles of snow! ;). I want a yard full and trees covered!.....for one day only! ;)
I don't know about the outage. The one associated with Blue Cross begins with an S but I don't remember what it is exactly. He had to go ahead and pay the $60 again this month since he has to take it again tonight! But at least he can still get the meds for his diabetes, even though it is pretty expensive! But I guess $60 for a month isn't bad, except that it is only 4 shots!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Hooray... March is here!!! dance4 :girldance:dance4
Woke up with the hiccups at 6 but then dozed back off for another half hour. Not sure when they stopped as I was asleep when it happened. :lol23: Peeked out at the neighbor's cars and they had a light coating of snow on the tops... none on the ground. It was 31F. It was gone in less than an hour.

I did talk to my sister yesterday... they had 4" of snow!!! And, no... the fires are north and east of where she is - so all was well with her. She was LOL as she almost called me an hour earlier than I called her but she didn't want to wake me up!! It was crazy as I almost called her an hour earlier, too. We had a nice long chat... well over an hour... Her Church choir has been invited to sing at The Kennedy theater in Washington, DC, Wow... what an honor. But it is expensive ($1100 per person for 4 people in the room at the Watergate hotel for 3 nights - plus they have to pay their own transportation, meals, etc). Their choir director has been invited to sing a solo so he is going to go. It was good to visit with her.

I did get all my errands run by noon and was more than ready to be back to my warm house. It was in the 40's with a steady wind blowing which made it even colder. Think this is going to be a PJ day for me. Don't feel like getting out at all. Have a few CT chores to do then think I will kick back in the recliner and read the day away.

I think I will make a big pot of enchilada sauce this weekend. Then will freeze a bunch so I can have it when niece Dee and her Jim are here mid-March... and also when my son Jim and Alyn are here the end of the month. Then I won't have to spend a couple of hours cooking it while they are here... would rather spend the time visiting. :floorlaugh:

@Cherylndesigns Glad to hear your bank is alert and caught the scammer trying for your accounts. Same thing happened when my DH died... and my bank caught them before they got into my accounts then notified me. I did have one credit card that they tried for - so we shut it down, too. Just take it a day at a time. :hug1:

@faerywings I was LOL over you and Cait arm wrestling. You guys find so many fun things to do together. Hope your mom is in a better mood soon.

Off to check out March's challenges.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning O ladies! There is fresh snow on the mountain tops and it is pretty chilly out this morning. I put the hummingbird feeder out as soon as I got up and they were there to greet me sitting on the feeder before I even got it hung up LOL. Yesterday was busy with errands and meeting my friend for lunch/coffee, it was great to catch up with her and hear about her recent visit to see her Mother out in Toronto. Her Mother just turned 104!!! Can you imagine living that long and still having all your faculties?? I also went to my fav craft store and picked up a few new goodies :lovey3:. Anyway it was late afternoon by the time I got back home and after putting away all of my fresh veggies etc. it was time to get dinner started. DH had lots of meetings at work and so got home a bit later than usual, but we had a good chat about our day over a glass of wine and enjoyed the evening together. DH called his Dad to see how things are going and they are having another showing of their place on Sunday, its a formality that they keep showing just in case the financing does not go through on their first offer. We will find out by the 7th of March at the latest. Keep your fingers crossed for them :prettyplease:. A new Month and so I need to get some coupons made and sent out to the challenge winners and that is my goal for the day, that and working with the new Big Bundle too.

@faerywings - It will be so nice for you to get back to work again, you must miss it! I hope that the temps are better and the sun shines bright for your Maple Sugaring Program :sunnyeyes:. I need to get out and see what is blooming in my yard today too, I know the Heather is in full bloom and it looks so pretty with all that bright pink covering the side hill. How nice that you will be working along side of Scott and your game last night sounds like it was so much fun! You are so lucky to have your kids so close by to you!!

@Cherylndesigns - Ohhh Nooo those dam scammers!! Thank goodness your Bank is at least picking up on it! I hope that you (Scarlett O'Hara) are having a much better day today! :hug2:.

@vickyday - I hope you are going to enjoy using the new big bundle and that you will be happily scrapping the day away! We hope that you will still continue to chat with us while you are on Hiatus from your CT duties! Sending you lots of good health vibes !!:loveangel:.

Ok the coffee cup is empty and I need to get in the shower :showering:and get on with my day! Have a great first day of March everyone!! Hooray February is over and done with !! :yesss::waving3:
My sentiments exactly.....February is over!
Yes, I will still pop in here, hopefully every day, to keep everyone informed on what is going on health wise.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! :hug2:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Hooray... March is here!!! dance4 :girldance:dance4
Woke up with the hiccups at 6 but then dozed back off for another half hour. Not sure when they stopped as I was asleep when it happened. :lol23: Peeked out at the neighbor's cars and they had a light coating of snow on the tops... none on the ground. It was 31F. It was gone in less than an hour.

I did talk to my sister yesterday... they had 4" of snow!!! And, no... the fires are north and east of where she is - so all was well with her. She was LOL as she almost called me an hour earlier than I called her but she didn't want to wake me up!! It was crazy as I almost called her an hour earlier, too. We had a nice long chat... well over an hour... Her Church choir has been invited to sing at The Kennedy theater in Washington, DC, Wow... what an honor. But it is expensive ($1100 per person for 4 people in the room at the Watergate hotel for 3 nights - plus they have to pay their own transportation, meals, etc). Their choir director has been invited to sing a solo so he is going to go. It was good to visit with her.

I did get all my errands run by noon and was more than ready to be back to my warm house. It was in the 40's with a steady wind blowing which made it even colder. Think this is going to be a PJ day for me. Don't feel like getting out at all. Have a few CT chores to do then think I will kick back in the recliner and read the day away.

I think I will make a big pot of enchilada sauce this weekend. Then will freeze a bunch so I can have it when niece Dee and her Jim are here mid-March... and also when my son Jim and Alyn are here the end of the month. Then I won't have to spend a couple of hours cooking it while they are here... would rather spend the time visiting. :floorlaugh:

@Cherylndesigns Glad to hear your bank is alert and caught the scammer trying for your accounts. Same thing happened when my DH died... and my bank caught them before they got into my accounts then notified me. I did have one credit card that they tried for - so we shut it down, too. Just take it a day at a time. :hug1:

@faerywings I was LOL over you and Cait arm wrestling. You guys find so many fun things to do together. Hope your mom is in a better mood soon.

Off to check out March's challenges.
WOW! What an honor for your sister's church choir! Boy, that IS expensive, however!
I don't know how in the world you went back to sleep with having the hiccups!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
YAY!!! March is here! In like a lion and out like a lamb! We did have thunder yesterday! And it certainly looks like we could have more today! It is super cloudy out! It is only 45 now at 11:30 and that is the high for the day! Looks like the rain will be here at 2PM.

@BrightEyes today was going to be a pj day for me, too, as my plans are to do laundry and possibly some more layouts with the new Spring bundle, (I've got some more bird pictures I want to scrap) but Mark wanted to go out to breakfast. So I got my shower and dressed for going out, so I will probably just leave these clothes on for the day.....at least for awhile!

Mark is in the woods, but he probably won't be there very long, especially if it starts raining. It is pretty chilly out! And since there is no sun, it feels even chillier than 45.....feels like 41 according to the weather thing on my phone.

I guess I am going to have to call the rehab place to get the nerve conduction test scheduled because they never have called me back like they said they would. I also need to ask my PC if she read over the consultation notes I had with the DEXA doctor. I want her opinion on which is best.....the once a year injection or the once a month injections. Of course, insurance may have the final word on that, I'm sure! So, I guess I will contact her today. But I probably won't hear anything back until later this evening. That seems to be how she rolls. She even answered me last week on Saturday about the thrush problem.

The thrush is driving me crazy! It gets better and then it doesn't! I'm at a loss! I'm going to finish the nystatin, which will probably be finished tomorrow. Of course the doctor is not in the office on the weekend, so I guess I will finish the weekend with the salt rinse and see what is happening by Monday.

Well, I need to get off of here. I would love to have some coffee this morning but I can't drink it without flavored creamer, plus I'm trying to stay away from the caffeine and sugar.....so I'll continue drinking my water!

HAGD!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon Lovelies,

I'm getting a slow start today, but at least February is over. I had a PJ Day yesterday and I might have one again today. Adrienne and Ava are both on work trips, Roger is gone, it's just Alyssa and me am Ava;s
bf here. I rarely see Lyss - she does text me, to check in, but she has school and work every day. I'm glad Ava's bf is also on the property too- staying at her house with their two dogs and a cat. We can call him if we need anything. That's good go know.

BTW did I tell you that she also got accepted to The University of Arkansas? (Same as Braden?) She's so excited, well, as excited as Alyssa ever gets. She really wasn't sure she'd get in. They're going to live off campus in their own apartment and they're both pretty excited about it. They're so close - in age and in just being buddies. They're less than a year apart. She thinks she wants to go into forensic science and they have a great school for that. She's always wanted to do some kind of police work and talked about going into the military a lot. I was hoping she'd pick that path, but it doesn't look like she's going to. She's hoping to get some kind of work as a security guard and says she can always waitress. I wouldn't want to tangle with that girl - she's very pretty, but has this gruff shell, if you know what I mean and she's pretty good-sized and a heavy lifter (body builder). That girl is "all business". We tease her about it all the time but "she owns it". So, yeah, police work = good fit for her.

Chris @faerywings and Kay @BrightEyes and Trudy @taxed4ever those scammers MUST find death records - I didn't think about that. We don't have a real newspaper here, but it was probably published someplace by law, and they find it. We didn't have any kind of a funeral, but I'm sure they're preying on those kinds of reports. They're telling people now, to have a house sitter at the house, during funeral visitations; theives actually try to break into deceased person's houses during this terrible time of grief. When my parents died, we couldn't put much info in their obits, except general information, but still, in a small town like they lived in, it wouldn't have been hard to find their address. It's just another sick thing that "these sick people" do to us now. At least my bank is on the ball and catches them. Of course, they freeze my account, but always re-open it when I call. Luckily, I can still use my debit/credit card and was able to find out what my balance was yesterday after I answered several high security questions. I've had this account since 1986 (that was one of the questions) and some of the security questions I put down were things like addresses of childhood homes. They're pretty thorough, I'd say. They were one of the largest banks in Detroit when we were transferred up there, now they're headquartered in Texas and it's online banking. Works for me. Even if I have to deposit a check, I just take a picture, front and back and deposit it. I hate to leave a bank with such a long and good track record.

Kay @BrightEyes thanks for telling me that it happened to you. It's always nice to know that you're not the only one, even though I know I'm not, it's still nice to know.

I hope the weather is decent soon where you all are. We're supposed to have a warm up here too.

Vicky @vickyday sorry to hear that the thrush is still driving you crazy. Sending healing hugs to you.

I have to go tend to the dogs. Lila is staying here too, and helping Daisy a little bit. She's not quite so needy when Lila's here. They're outside and barking to come in.

Hugs to all.
XOXO