Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, June 14

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Friday!!

I am happy it is Friday but wow, I am bummed that today is the last day of field trips. what a great experience this has been. Fun... at work?
th

But true! Yesterday was the find all of the neat animals we haven't seen yet kind of day. The literally *big* find was a fishing spider. It was amazing and fascinating but I was super glad it wasn't inside my house. ha!! We got to see more click beetles and a ton of newts and frogs. The kids found a clump of eggs in the stream and I said that they were either frog eggs or another type of amphibian. I was 100% on the frog eggs but they were most likely a newt or salamander. (frog eggs are individual eggs clustered together, newts are many eggs encapsulated in a jelly-like substance. If you were wondering Ha!)

I am very much behind schedule so I'm m going to send al fo your hugs and wishes for a fab day!! Catch up with you later!
xoxoxo

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Woke up at 4:30 AM but stayed in bed a bit. Need to get my shower and dressed pretty soon. I have been uploading a few LOs this morning. Heading for the base to pick-up Rx and do a commissary run. Will also take some books to the Used Book store to trade in for credit... and maybe go ahead and use some of my credit on a few books. :lol23: Will be looking for a few books that I want to fill in a couple of series I have. I decided to go back and start re-reading JD Robb's series about Eve Dallas. It has been several years since I read them - so it almost like reading new books! It is actually going to be cooler today - 82*F with a few rain showers. Then back to HOT, HOT, HOT for the next several days.

Will try to pop back in later after I get back home. HAGD

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning and Happy :friday: It is a rest and relax day for me today. I hope to get a layout or two done today and participate in some of the Party Fun!! This afternoon I am getting a much needed pedicure, my poor feet have been very neglected during these past few months. Yesterday I spent some of the day at the new house and helped MIL unpack more boxes, she sure can cram a lot of things into shelves and dresser drawers and somehow make it look neat as a pin LOL. Gave my Gary and FIL a haircut in the afternoon. It is the grand opening of the new RCMP station today, so my hubs got all dressed in his Red Serge and will partake in the celebration with all the big wigs today. It's only for dignitaries so I was not invited :giggle4:. Hope someone gets some photos of the big day! They have been waiting for this new building to be finished since 2016 when the plans were first drawn for it. :waiting: I think they waited long enough!! Anyway not much else happening around here today, so I will just enjoy the peace and quiet hopefully and try to get my creative juices flowing.

@faerywings - You sure have been enjoying your new job!! How wonderful, that does not happen for so many!! I hope your last day of field trips goes smoothly and you have another fun filled day at work!!

@BrightEyes - Ughh on getting up so early, but sounds like you will have a busy day, hope you find some great new books today!

Ok I am off to the gallery to get inspired and see what the challenges are like, I am so far behind on everything here and not sure just how much time I will have at the party, but I need some creative time today! Enjoy the day everyone! :waving1

Celestine

Hi everyone. I've had a truly terrible stomach flu for the past 24 hours and even today still feel worn out, so I'm just checking in briefly. Honestly, I am much too busy this week to be feeling so terrible. Those black raspberries aren't going to pick themselves. Plus, I have houseguests arriving next week, and my chore list is long. Where is my fairy godmother when I need her? :vacuuming:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Happy Friday!!

I am happy it is Friday but wow, I am bummed that today is the last day of field trips. what a great experience this has been. Fun... at work?
th

But true! Yesterday was the find all of the neat animals we haven't seen yet kind of day. The literally *big* find was a fishing spider. It was amazing and fascinating but I was super glad it wasn't inside my house. ha!! We got to see more click beetles and a ton of newts and frogs. The kids found a clump of eggs in the stream and I said that they were either frog eggs or another type of amphibian. I was 100% on the frog eggs but they were most likely a newt or salamander. (frog eggs are individual eggs clustered together, newts are many eggs encapsulated in a jelly-like substance. If you were wondering Ha!)

I am very much behind schedule so I'm m going to send al fo your hugs and wishes for a fab day!! Catch up with you later!
xoxoxo
Never heard of a fishing spider!
As hot as the weather is, it's probably a good thing today is the last of the field trips!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Hi everyone. I've had a truly terrible stomach flu for the past 24 hours and even today still feel worn out, so I'm just checking in briefly. Honestly, I am much too busy this week to be feeling so terrible. Those black raspberries aren't going to pick themselves. Plus, I have houseguests arriving next week, and my chore list is long. Where is my fairy godmother when I need her? :vacuuming:
Praying you feel better soon, Celestine! :sad1: :praying2:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Afternoon!
I've had a busy day today!
Up at 7 and at the track by 7:30 (it was already almost 70 degrees!)
Walked 2 miles in 32 minutes. Went back home and took a quick shower.
Mark and I decided to take a bike ride before it got too hot, so we left around 8:30 and rode to Cracker Barrel to use a $25 gift card my daughter gave me for Mother's Day. Then we drove back home. We were parked in the street to turn into the driveway while waiting on traffic to pass when Mark took off again suddenly and quickly as we heard tires screeching behind us because someone was not paying attention to us being stopped! Thank You, LORD, for your protection!
Then I watered my flowers that were very wilted, cleaned out the bird bath and refreshed the water, added seed to the bird feeder before leaving the house again.
We have invited some friends over for roasting hot dogs at the pits in our woods for this evening, so I wanted to get s'mores ingredients and another bag of hotdog buns. Plus I wanted to stop at Kohl's near me to have a look in their clearance racks. Found a long, off-white sweater that I have been wanting. Originally $35 marked down to $14 and with an extra 30% off I got it for just a little over $10 including tax! CHA-CHING! I will be able to wear it with pants or dresses!
Now I'm back home and relaxing. I got a letter from my only-living aunt on my dad's side and I want to write her back this afternoon so I can get it in the mail. She is only 13 years older than me. She was the baby of 10 children. She will turn 82 this year. My daughter shares a birthday with her on September 9th.
I need to get caught up on my scripture ATCs again, too. Going to the track early messes up my schedule.
Have a great Friday!

JeanneMN

@vickyday I need a nap just reading all you've accomplished today! I swear people are absolutely clueless when it comes to likers. I'm thankful we have such close access to a bike trail. When we ride we have to cross one busy highway, but there is a signal light, but I've almost been clipped a couple of times by people making a right turn on red.

I got up early I went to the gym & got groceries. I spent the morning working on a layout that is going no where fast so I'm sitting ant in the pergola for awhile. It's a gorgeous 75° day, but in the shade the breeze feels a bit chilly. We have a retirement open house for our dentist tonight. Hubs & his dad did remodeling of the office when he came to town and later built a huge addition on their house. It's supposed to be hot and humid on Sunday. I have a load of clothes in the dryer so I better go check on them & see if & can make any headway on the layout.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday I need a nap just reading all you've accomplished today! I swear people are absolutely clueless when it comes to likers. I'm thankful we have such close access to a bike trail. When we ride we have to cross one busy highway, but there is a signal light, but I've almost been clipped a couple of times by people making a right turn on red.

I got up early I went to the gym & got groceries. I spent the morning working on a layout that is going no where fast so I'm sitting ant in the pergola for awhile. It's a gorgeous 75° day, but in the shade the breeze feels a bit chilly. We have a retirement open house for our dentist tonight. Hubs & his dad did remodeling of the office when he came to town and later built a huge addition on their house. It's supposed to be hot and humid on Sunday. I have a load of clothes in the dryer so I better go check on them & see if & can make any headway on the layout.
I'm so glad Mark was looking in the rear view mirror because he saw the car coming at us pretty fast! He said he always watches because of the idiots that don't pay attention to bikers!
You've had a busy day, too!
Right now it is 89 and feels like 91, but it sure seems hotter than that to me!

Terri M

I've almost been clipped a couple of times by people making a right turn on red.
Right turn on red is deadly for both pedestrians and cyclists. I wish it was never invented. Almost every driver only looks left and most don’t even stop.

It’s been a busy day, but I picked up shrimp cocktail for dinner and will just make a salad so no cooking this evening, yay. I’ve started thinking what this week’s project life page will look like and realized I only have garden pictures. We will have to go do something interesting this weekend!

Mom is moved into her apartment. From the pictures she sent I think her sofa is too big but I suppose she can live with it for now. It will be interesting to see how it comes together when her boxes are unpacked. I hope she becomes amenable to getting rid of some more stuff.

mimes1

CHEERY O
I'm in for a quick check in. The luncheon and funeral that I served at today went very well. I'm happy to have been able to help.
My brother sent pictures last night of my mom's house in Michigan. It's pretty well empty, a few small remnant items remain. My brother has done all the work getting everything sorted and organized, what to keep, donate or toss. Lots of stuff went to family.
The house will go on the market by the end of the month. My parents bought it in 1962.

My brother has done a really great job of selective saving, and he's even cleaned up and displaying some of the artwork/family portraits from long ago. He has really shown me that less is more - The boxes and boxes of overwhelm take over, but the few pieces? Very tasteful and memorable. He's inspired me to get after all the boxes here. My niece and daughter will both be here at Christmas, and we've decided we'll tackle some boxes one day together.

Off to go leave some love!

@vickyday So thankful for God's protection!!!
@Celestine No fun!! I hope you feel better soon and can enjoy at least some of the party antics!
@faerywings reading about all your bug and animal friends has been very informative, fun and interesting! Already can't wait for the field trips to start up again! Are they seasonal? Only summer? What will your job entail now that field trips are done?
@Terri M Yay for no cooking dinners! More time for scrapping!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Talk about a really long day... Left here at 10:20 AM and didn't get back until 3:30PM... and the clouds we had this morning disappeared and the temp spiked up to 89F by the time I got home. Got almost $40 in credit at the used book store. Only problem is the credit is only good on paperbacks. Hard backs have to paid for in cash but they are discounted alot. Only found 1 paperback during my search. Will go back later on when I have a list of paperbacks I would like to get. I have some missing books in a couple of series I would like to find. Then over to pick up my Rx at the base pharmacy and on to the commissary. It wasn't crowded at all but I was moving slow by then. Started home (28 miles) down a main road... saw a road alert sign... I-40 was closed both directions from the road I was on. Turns out there were 3 different closures on I-40 so glad I could avoid going on it. But... do the closures - all the main roads were bumper to bumper traffic. Took me over an hour to make the drive home. I was exhausted by that time. Thank goodness I had leftover pork chop and sweet potatoes from last night so nuked an early supper and popped in here to see what is going on. Too tired to scrap so heading to the recliner and massager for a bit then having an early bedtime.

Heard from DD#1... yesterday afternoon she slipped going down the stairway (on the next to the bottom step) - fell and twisted both her foot and ankle and hit her arm, back and head as she went down. Thank goodness her granddaughter was there and Son-in-law got home a few minutes later. She ended up at ER... no broken bones but has a badly swollen big toe and severe sprain of her foot and in a walking sandal but told to stay off of the foot for a week - 10 days.

Holy Cow!!! We are having thunder - lightening and rain. Got close this out.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
HI all,

I've been gone all afternoon and was doing layout posting all over social media before that. I ended up making too many layouts for the designers to go into one day, so I put my five on yesterday and I think I have one open spot for today.

Adrienne was able to close out her work about 3 so she wanted to go out and do some things. I bought a pair of jean shorts at one of our favorite boutiques when they first came out and wanted a darker wash. Why is it when you find something you love and they feel so good, it's like you got the only pair in captivity? Happens all the time. I mean the waist isn't too tight and the legs aren't too big. I tried on several pairs today and didn't like any of them. I did get two cute summer tops, though, which I need more than I need more jean shorts. Then we went to another favorite little vintage store, and she had American flags, which I also needed, so I got a new flag. She also had those "antique" looking small flags and they were only $2 each, so I bought 6 of them. She "antiques" them herself and told us how to do it.

Chris @faerywings it must seem weird that your work is done, but you'll be back. I had to skip over the spider part - you know me and spiders. :spider1: :bitingnails:

Kay @BrightEyes I'm so glad that your DD didn't do any major damage with her fall. That's so scary and it happens so quicking. Good thing her GD was there. Cool spell in your neck of the woods - sounds good.

Trudy, I'm sure a pedi will feel like Heaven. Hope your Gary has fun at the "big wig celebration".

Hugs to Vicky @vickyday, Celestine @Celestine, Terri @Terri M Jeanne @JeanneMN Amy @mimes1, Tracy @AK_Tracy and hope I didn't miss anybody. I must get into the forum and gallery and try to catch up before they put me on the "time out bench". I've been a real slacker today.

XOXO

bitzee

Celestine, I sure hope you feel good enough to enjoy your houseguests. Tummy issues can wipe you out so quickly and stay with you even after the flu is gone. Hope you feel better soon.

JeanneMN

Gray & cloudy here today and drizzling rain off and on. Decided it was time so I'm double handing it, left hand is conveying green grapes to my mouth as I write this with my right. I thought it might be time to get out of my p.j's and robe and then decided against it. Hubs is off helping his bil so I have the house to myself. I spent a couple hours on a layout I started yesterday & still didn't like it so I threw it out & started anew. Sometimes I'm so far out in left field and other times I can't think outside the lines. I decided Its gray & cloudy here today and drizzling rain off and on. Decided it was time so I'm double handing it, left hand is conveying green grapes to my mouth as I write this with my right. I thought it might be time to get out of my p.j's and robe and then decided against it. Hubs is off helping his bil so I have the house to myself. I spent a couple hours on a layout I started yesterday & still didn't like it so I threw it out & started anew. Sometimes I'm so far out in left field and other times I can't think outside the lines. I decided I needed to take a break before my neck & body was a permanent ? I always hunch at the computer, and I have a hunch it's because my glasses are probably dirty, my prescription needs changing and my hunch is it is all of the above. Supposed to be really hot & humid here tomorrow so we'll see if we like hot & humid here as much as we loved it in Key West. I've not done any of the birthday stuff, I feel like a slacker, I saw lots of things in the store, but with a bunch of big bills looming in the future, I decided to save the cash & use the stash. Time to head to the gallery for a bit.