Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, January 26

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Iiiiiiit's Friday!
:friday:

The weather here has been on repeat again: rainy, soggy, damp. But it is above freezing and that is *all* that matters. ;) We might even get close to 50* this afternoon.
Yesterday was quiet. I had to be quiet since Gary slept much of the morning which was less than the day before. He slept from 8 am to 1.30 pm-- after sleeping at night. Poor guy, he is feeling miserable. Since he wasn't feeling up for company, I cleaned around my friend in the afternoon. Then I lost him! He was going outside to feed the squirrels and birds and when I went to say goodbye, he wasn't in his yard. I knew he had been there recently- the birds and squirrels were climbing all over the stump that he puts peanuts on. He must have gone into our neighbor's yard. They are his lifelong friends and he rents his house from them so he wasn't trespassing :jail1:.

Gary had found a new-to-us-from-somewhere Mario Party disk and suggested that the three of us play after dinner. I was my typically clueless video gamer. Haha!! Didn't matter, it was fun.
I am off to visit my parents today- let's see if I get through it without crying, pulling my hair out, or both. :giggle4: My mom told Caitlyn yesterday that she truly didn't mean to make me cry the other day, she really thought my "joke" was funny. I guess that is what counts.

Have a fantastic day!!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Iiiiiiit's Friday!

The weather here has been on repeat again: rainy, soggy, damp. But it is above freezing and that is *all* that matters. ;) We might even get close to 50* this afternoon.
Yesterday was quiet. I had to be quiet since Gary slept much of the morning which was less than the day before. He slept from 8 am to 1.30 pm-- after sleeping at night. Poor guy, he is feeling miserable. Since he wasn't feeling up for company, I cleaned around my friend in the afternoon. Then I lost him! He was going outside to feed the squirrels and birds and when I went to say goodbye, he wasn't in his yard. I knew he had been there recently- the birds and squirrels were climbing all over the stump that he puts peanuts on. He must have gone into our neighbor's yard. They are his lifelong friends and he rents his house from them so he wasn't trespassing :jail1:.

Gary had found a new-to-us-from-somewhere Mario Party disk and suggested that the three of us play after dinner. I was my typically clueless video gamer. Haha!! Didn't matter, it was fun.
I am off to visit my parents today- let's see if I get through it without crying, pulling my hair out, or both. :giggle4: My mom told Caitlyn yesterday that she truly didn't mean to make me cry the other day, she really thought my "joke" was funny. I guess that is what counts.

Have a fantastic day!!
I sure hope Gary feels better soon! I know it is a worry for you! :hug2:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Quick in and out as I am headed to Labcorp for labs and the hospital for X-rays on my neck. I'm pretty sure I will be back later unless this headache doesn't go away. I had an IBS episode last night that always sends me to bed. I was in bed by 7:30!
HAGD!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I texted Scott yesterday to tell him that I 100% understand now why his wool socks were *always* inside out when they went in the laundry. When I got home from work, I pulled my boots off and then went to take my socks off. Inside out-- it was much easier just to let them do their thing.
Now I get it. :lol23:

@vickyday That's fantastic that scrapping your gloomy mood helped. That must be a huge relief that the rattling in the car stopped.
Too funny about your hair curling up. I debated letting mine air dry yesterday rather than blowing it out straight- it still gets all poofy in this weather. It wasn't warm enough in the house to leave it wet that long, so semi-straight into a ponytail it goes.

@BrightEyes An armpit book!! :rotfl: I never heard that phrasing before but it makes complete sense. What is The Fairytale about?
I love your explanation of scrapping your journey after losing Bill. I hope that it helps Cheryl. I know your words and experience- and Vicky's- will lift her when she needs it.
Thank you for understanding and sharing my feelings so well too.

@joyfulheartdesigns Darn it, there was an emoji that I was going to ask you to add if you came across it and now I have *no idea* what it was.
Hope that the weather stays warmer for you-- they are talking about possible snow Sunday-Monday here. :thud:

@EvelynD2 The gift quotation resonates- thank you for reminding me. ♥
I didn't have chemo but the radiation therapy was not as bad as I was expecting. I was able to do a 4 1/2-week compressed schedule which was easier since the hospital was 40 minutes away. Driving down there every day was a PITB and exhausting. The advice I was given by the nurses-- always trust the nurses!!- drink lots of water, rest when you need to, eat extra protein, and lots and lots of SPF if the skin is exposed to the sun.
You got this!!

@taxed4ever *sigh of relief for Heather* She must have booted the boys out the door very gratefully LOL That's such a cute t-shirt design and I know that both kids are going to love their t-shirts.
I loved being around the kids, even the ones who were a little difficult.
You all know me, I am the last person in the world to brag about myself but man, I am a good teacher. It's funny how it all comes back even after all these years of not being around other people's kids.
I am hoping that Gary will take over cooking on the days I work in the afternoons. After being outside with the group for hours, the last thing I want to do when I get home is to cook dinner.
How is your Gary feeling? It feels like he should be back to his usual activity level even though he isn't supposed to be?
FIL had a heart ablation scheduled for the 30th but since he had Covid that are putting it off until March. Sucks getting older, doesn't it? :/

@tanteva you are missing out on one of the best culinary experiences. Penne and vodka is delicious. But I guess it would be wasted on you :ketchup:
:giggle4:

@vickyday Oh no! My grandmother had and my father has osteoporosis and I have osteopenia. It has a genetic component so make sure your kids-- especially the girls- stay on top of bone health. I was supposed to get my DEXA done when I got the new health insurance but I still haven't made an appt. (at 4'11" -- I can't afford to shrink!)
th

@Cherylndesigns I saw some family photos you posted on FB. I hope that each brings back glimmers of joy as you relive them.
Hope that going out with the family yesterday did good. You raised smart kids and grandkids- listen to them as well as yourself.
I miss you too. But--you know we are all a PM or email or post here away. Sending big hugs!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Woke up early again this morning. Guess it is because I was excited about Color Play collections being released last evening!! I uploaded 3 LOs then and 2 more this morning. They are all so beautiful. Have a few more to work with today.
@BrightEyes An armpit book!! :rotfl: I never heard that phrasing before but it makes complete sense. What is The Fairytale about?
I love your explanation of scrapping your journey after losing Bill. I hope that it helps Cheryl. I know your words and experience- and Vicky's- will lift her when she needs it.
Chris, my oldest sister came up with the phrase of 'an armpit book'... meaning one you just had to have with you because you loved reading it. :yesss: As the whole family are readers, we usually have a book with us when we go somewhere that we have to wait. Since I am reading (or re-reading some) of the Pern books by Anne McCaffery & Todd McCaffery, I took a paperback of Dragon Flight (the 1st book in the series with me to read as the car was serviced. yesterday morning. They even washed and vacuumed it. It looked so beautiful. I was back home with it in the garage before the rain hit. Late in the afternoon, I got a notice that 2 more of the Pern novels were ready at the library. Did a quick run over and picked them up. Was home less than 30 minutes before it started raining again.

@Cherylndesigns I also saw your photos of Chuck and the family on FB. What a treasure those must be for you.

@EvelynD2 So glad your chemo is done. Hope the radiation goes well and is over quickly. Sending healing thoughts your way.

@taxed4ever Love the teeshirt design... bet your grandson will love it, too. Hope your Gary is recovering well and not over-doing it.

Need more :coffeedrinker:and get busy working on a few more Color Play LOs. HAGD

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! We are back to fog and rain again today. But the temps are mild so that is good! After all I do live in a rainforest so yup we get lots of rain :gloomy: ! I am getting my Color Play items into the gallery this morning and after that I will be working on a card for my DD's upcoming birthday in February. I already got one made for my DH's birthday on Ground Hog Day. We decided that we should have a family gathering at the local Chinese Food Restaurant for my Gary's 70th birthday. It will be an easy place for MIL to get into and will save her from trying to the stairs at our place! A win/win for me too as I won't have to deal with all of the clean up afterwards :yesss:. Tomorrow we are headed to either Naniamo or Victoria to look at a few more furniture stores for DH's new recliner, hopefully he finds one that he loves! Then we will hit Costco and hopefully we won't have to take out a second mortgage to pay for it all :giggle4:. Really not funny because each time we go there it is more expensive!!! What a shame we have to eat, we could be rich LOL. I hope you all have enjoyed working with this months Color Play items!! The colors are stunning!!

@faerywings - Your poor Gary!! I hope that he is feeling better very soon!! Glad he was feeling up to playing the Mario Party game!! Heather and her clan just love playing those games!! Yes she was pretty glad to have the boys back to school, hopefully they are in school today also!! Too funny about the wool socks!! Yup best to just let them do their thing LOL. Yes my Gary is feeling great!! He still knows not to be doing anything strenuous, so it will be me taking the trash out for pick up today :takingouttrash:.

@vickyday - sorry to hear about the Osteo!! But perhaps that is the reason for your horrible headaches and maybe they can find something to help correct that!! That really sucks that you are also dealing with IBS again also!! Hope that has improved today! I know that I have also shrunk a good inch or so, guess there isn't much we can do about that except start wearing high heels again :hahano:.

@BrightEyes - I too have been excited about the Color play this month, such beautiful kits to play with! Yes my DH has been behaving himself and not lifting anything he shouldn't , he is feeling great and has healed nicely!! I don't even think he will have much of a scar. He is slowly getting back to his old self thanks for asking!!

@Cherylndesigns - I too saw the photos on facebook and the wonderful news of the new baby!! The circle of Life!! :loveangel:

Well I am ready to get into the shower and then get back here to post my color play layouts. I hope you all have a good :friday:

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Iiiiiiit's Friday!

Have a fantastic day!!
Chris, I hope you have a wonderful and joyful visit with your parents today! ((((HUGS))))

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I texted Scott yesterday to tell him that I 100% understand now why his wool socks were *always* inside out when they went in the laundry. When I got home from work, I pulled my boots off and then went to take my socks off. Inside out-- it was much easier just to let them do their thing.

@vickyday That's fantastic that scrapping your gloomy mood helped. That must be a huge relief that the rattling in the car stopped.
Too funny about your hair curling up. I debated letting mine air dry yesterday rather than blowing it out straight- it still gets all poofy in this weather. It wasn't warm enough in the house to leave it wet that long, so semi-straight into a ponytail it goes.

@joyfulheartdesigns Darn it, there was an emoji that I was going to ask you to add if you came across it and now I have *no idea* what it was.
Hope that the weather stays warmer for you-- they are talking about possible snow Sunday-Monday here. :thud:

I didn't have chemo but the radiation therapy was not as bad as I was expecting. I was able to do a 4 1/2-week compressed schedule which was easier since the hospital was 40 minutes away. Driving down there every day was a PITB and exhausting. The advice I was given by the nurses-- always trust the nurses!!- drink lots of water, rest when you need to, eat extra protein, and lots and lots of SPF if the skin is exposed to the sun.
You got this!!

@taxed4ever *sigh of relief for Heather* She must have booted the boys out the door very gratefully LOL That's such a cute t-shirt design and I know that both kids are going to love their t-shirts.
You all know me, I am the last person in the world to brag about myself but man, I am a good teacher. It's funny how it all comes back even after all these years of not being around other people's kids.
I am hoping that Gary will take over cooking on the days I work in the afternoons. After being outside with the group for hours, the last thing I want to do when I get home is to cook dinner.
How is your Gary feeling? It feels like he should be back to his usual activity level even though he isn't supposed to be?
FIL had a heart ablation scheduled for the 30th but since he had Covid that are putting it off until March. Sucks getting older, doesn't it? :/

@tanteva you are missing out on one of the best culinary experiences. Penne and vodka is delicious. But I guess it would be wasted on you :ketchup:

@vickyday Oh no! My grandmother had and my father has osteoporosis and I have osteopenia. It has a genetic component so make sure your kids-- especially the girls- stay on top of bone health. I was supposed to get my DEXA done when I got the new health insurance but I still haven't made an appt. (at 4'11" -- I can't afford to shrink!)
th

@Cherylndesigns I saw some family photos you posted on FB. I hope that each brings back glimmers of joy as you relive them.
Hope that going out with the family yesterday did good. You raised smart kids and grandkids- listen to them as well as yourself.
I miss you too. But--you know we are all a PM or email or post here away. Sending big hugs!
Thank you so much for the helpful advice about radiation treatments. I appreciate it so much! I just want things to be back to normal says the bald headed lady! One funny thing is I accidentally Facebook messenger called a friend! I didn’t have my beanie on…just the few springs of 1/2 “ hairs here and there. The first thing she said when she answered is “Oh, my hair looks so bad!” I laughed and said “Well, I don’t have any hair!”

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

You got this!!

th

HA! I guess you are correct about shrinking, Honey! :giggle4:
I'll let my kids know that osteoporosis has a genetic component! Thanks for the heads up! I had not been told that yet!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! We are back to fog and rain again today. But the temps are mild so that is good! After all I do live in a rainforest so yup we get lots of rain :gloomy: ! I am getting my Color Play items into the gallery this morning and after that I will be working on a card for my DD's upcoming birthday in February. I already got one made for my DH's birthday on Ground Hog Day. We decided that we should have a family gathering at the local Chinese Food Restaurant for my Gary's 70th birthday. It will be an easy place for MIL to get into and will save her from trying to the stairs at our place! A win/win for me too as I won't have to deal with all of the clean up afterwards :yesss:. Tomorrow we are headed to either Naniamo or Victoria to look at a few more furniture stores for DH's new recliner, hopefully he finds one that he loves! Then we will hit Costco and hopefully we won't have to take out a second mortgage to pay for it all :giggle4:. Really not funny because each time we go there it is more expensive!!! What a shame we have to eat, we could be rich LOL. I hope you all have enjoyed working with this months Color Play items!! The colors are stunning!!

@faerywings - Your poor Gary!! I hope that he is feeling better very soon!! Glad he was feeling up to playing the Mario Party game!! Heather and her clan just love playing those games!! Yes she was pretty glad to have the boys back to school, hopefully they are in school today also!! Too funny about the wool socks!! Yup best to just let them do their thing LOL. Yes my Gary is feeling great!! He still knows not to be doing anything strenuous, so it will be me taking the trash out for pick up today :takingouttrash:.

@vickyday - sorry to hear about the Osteo!! But perhaps that is the reason for your horrible headaches and maybe they can find something to help correct that!! That really sucks that you are also dealing with IBS again also!! Hope that has improved today! I know that I have also shrunk a good inch or so, guess there isn't much we can do about that except start wearing high heels again :hahano:.

@BrightEyes - I too have been excited about the Color play this month, such beautiful kits to play with! Yes my DH has been behaving himself and not lifting anything he shouldn't , he is feeling great and has healed nicely!! I don't even think he will have much of a scar. He is slowly getting back to his old self thanks for asking!!

@Cherylndesigns - I too saw the photos on facebook and the wonderful news of the new baby!! The circle of Life!! :loveangel:

Well I am ready to get into the shower and then get back here to post my color play layouts. I hope you all have a good :friday:
I agree! NO to heels! At least no spikey ones! The boots I wear have big heels....no spikes!
Yes, I guess it is inevitable that we all shrink as we get older! You would think I would have noticed losing more than an inch! I guess it has been gradual enough that I just didn't notice! It is what it is!
I can only hope that a treatment for osteoporosis will take care of the headaches! If only the IBS would GO AWAY!!!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good evening, my lovely O's. Thank you all for your love and support. Ava just gor Chuck's memorial page done and here's the link: https://everloved.com/life-of/charl...59mAY12Z02wQYELw4AosbKJ86ELnZ0m69Tw3FAdSjxcig

Love you all and feel free to leave comments if you're so inclined. I;m doing pretty well - today has been a little easier, I havent cried today. Roger and I are working on the "crap" that you have to deal with - we're going to the bank tomorrow. There's so much red tape. It's so much easier to come into the world than to leave it.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O

You got this!!

th

Thanks so much, Chris. It's still surreal that Chuck is gone. Poor Daisy is taking it pretty hard. She's really been acting strangely and keeps going over to his bedroom door. I swear she's been crying.