Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, February 12

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
A good day ahead!! Whoo hooooo! What is so good about it... Not a clue. But the sun is out (even if it is only 12*F) and it is Friday (not that weekends actually exist in my life anymore). :cool:
Let's see, what did I do yesterday? I did a bunch of housework. I spent a lot of time cleaning out my filing cabinets, tossed a bunch of manuals for appliances that we don't own anymore. The billing paperwork gets less every year since most of my billing is paperless. And I started a LO for a March challenge. I figured that March is going to be here before I know it. I also got a coupon for Shutterfly so if I can get it done before that expires, I will be very happy.
Leah got the splints out of her nose and is thrilled to be able to breathe again. Caitlyn had a meeting with her top internship Program Supervisor and got a fantastic review! They are so happy with her and are going to see if they can get a waiver for her placement next year to be able to stay in the Student Success Center. Technically, they are supposed to go to different settings but they would like her to stay on but with a different population within the SSC. I am bummed for my goddaughter. She is in a 5-year master's program for Special Ed. She graduated with her BA last May, and of course, the Grad Ceremony was virtual. She just got the notification that her Master's Grad ceremony this May is also going to be virtual. That really stinks. It is mindboggling that a year later and it is still so bad.

One other thing I did yesterday was finishing crocheting a mitten. Today I will start the other one. I have two hats and now a mitten to donate to a shelter.

Not too much to do today. Laundry is the biggest thing. And I do want to work on some scrapping :)

HAGD!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord I am in awe of you and your family trying to come up with creative spaces to work from home. My goddaughter was student teaching last semester and is long-term subbing/remote classes this semester- all from her kitchen table. I am relieved that my kids were able to do their classes in the bedrooms but even then the dogs were barking or other chaos was rolling around. One of Scott's professors has dogs and her dogs barking would trigger mine on occasion.
Good luck to Sydney with her classes and feel free to ask me if she needs any advice, I know Caitlyn would be happy to help.
hahaha!!! I love your comment to Rae about the dogs knocking you down. Jaida is 70lbs of muscle and brick and she took me down this summer in my driveway running after a squirrel and her lead was caught on my leg. My shoulder and hip still hurt! Hugs to you when you think of Noel- such a permanent place in our hearts.

@felis I cannot believe that your kitty likes the snow!!

@nancyr Scott ended up shoveling the driveway for us yesterday, I am so done with it. :confused: I feel for Luther on his walks, my dogs are struggling in the yard. I should take a pic of them running along the top of the snow piles. I forgot about your knees, yes--please be very careful! I have been watching the impeachment too and some of the new footage is horrifying. I cannot believe how close the mob was to the Senators and VP Pence.
Good for you getting your vax appt!!! I am registered with the state, my county, the Atlantic healthcare mega-site and I check on at least once a day at ShopRite and CVS. No luck... but hopefully things will get better. Biden seems to be doing a good job getting production and distribution up to speed (well, it could not have gotten much worse!)

@taxed4ever haha! Tell your Gary that he is 100% welcome to come and help my Gary with the snow.:D
I hope you were able to get a swimming time. Any luck with your food shopping? I couldn't get a spot at all yesterday for next week. This morning I was able to get one for next Thursday! I never thought I would say that can't wait to go food shopping in person but I really can't.
Shhhhhhhhhh, my appliances have been good, *knocks wood* sorry that you are still waiting!
Gary and I were watching an episode of Life in Pieces last night and one scene has a rat dragging a magazine across the floor and of course, I am all "awwwwww!" But I get it, I don't think I would be happy having wild rats in the house.

@Kythe I miss the days when I could make up big batches of chicken soup. Scott isn't crazy about any soup and Cait only does veggie broth-based ones. I used to make a chicken and wild rice that was so good. No one would eat it but me at this point. That is too bad about the cookies...

@Cherylndesigns Yes, that is shocking how much a dog could cost, but Daisy is worth it. Our first dog was really, really smart but W blows well past her when it comes to intelligence. Ravyn- well we called her Doofus for a bit and J is too darn stubborn to make any attempt at guessing her intelligence. Considering that W was a street dog, she amazes us how quickly she learns, but maybe that is part of having "street smarts."
You had better have wifi before Christmas *slaps forehead* LOL
Yikes-- that isn't good to not have water! Hope the plumber fixes it soon!

xoxo

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning everyone... just a quick in and out of here this morning, DH has taken the day off and we are going to be busy helping out SIL Linda with a few things that need to be fixed at her place. We will not be going to the In-Laws today, its too darn cold to be doing outside work and far too cold for MIL to be outside having a visit with us. We will be masked up at SIL's and I hope she will let me use her oven so I can get my Gary's banana mini loafs made. Hopefully I will be able to pop in here later this afternoon to catch up with everyone! Sure hope you all have a wonderful Friday and that you are all keeping warm and cozy at home! It will be a stay at home for sure day tomorrow as we are supposed to be getting a pile of snow! That will keep my Gary busy with using his new snowblower and staying out of my hair so I can scrap a page! LOL. Talk to you all later!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning, lovies. I'm up early - the plumber is here along with a couple of family members. It's so totally weird how much a person uses water. I can't tell you how many times I went to turn on the water. We do know that the pipes aren't frozen - that's the good news. The bad news is they don't know what the problem is. They might have to go under the house. Of course, it's frigid (for here).

We ARE supposed to get snow this weekend! It has missed us before, but doesn't look like it's going to this time. Like I said last night, the locals tell us that this just doesn't happen here. DOH. We must have jinxed the place. The GK's and I were just talking last weekend about how moderate it was here. Yikes! We definitely jinxed it! Now I know why people go to Florida in the winter (knocks self upside the head). We definitely need the head banging emoji.

I was so excited last night to be able to download all of Viva's files! Thanks to my dedicated hotspot. I kissed it and told it thank you. Now, if I can just "borrow it" for a couple more weeks, I won't have to go anyplace to download my files.

Hugs to all and have a good Friday and stay warm (even in Florida).

felis

Happy Chinese new year, girls!
If you don't like your year to this moment, now can restart it and start on clear!
Chris and Nancy, thank you so much, I woke up at pretty white world! Just a light snow, and very crispy and icy, but I don't care I like it!
hehehe, Trudy mentioned yesterday that it's normal to feels bored, but I'm not, is not that!The whole thing around pets is still too painful for me. At the same time I deal with family problems, only 3 days working week and of course the big V day on the horizon. So yes I wasn't feeling much chatty. Hope next week is better!
My mood is much uplifted today with sure. No one of my 2 present dogs like snow, so I couldn't find buddy to play out with me. But instead I made small walk by myself. Was so pretty, but too icy roads to have courage for long distance.

Chris, I'm tried again to learn to crocheting. Previous March I get upset and give up too quick, but this time will be more serious! OMG how could you think that this is easier than knitting? Every row looks like finished row in knitting, and I can't figure out where are the holes?! It's frustrate me and it is supposed to be calming hobbie! Form of active meditation, sure! *rolling eyes*
Bravo for the finished bunch of housework! Cait is superstar we all know that, and to we enjoy her success! LOL, of course, cats are very curious, some days (but not today unfortunately), they just want to go out and explore the snow. It's not last too long, but it is too fun.

Trudy, get fun with Linda and her oven! How nice from Gary's side to offer help! Too bad that you're not be able to see the ILs, but better to not bother poor people in this cold! Especially when they are trying to be careful for their health. So when is the wine bottling? At my country this Sunday (yes on the V day) we celebrate the holiday of the wine.

Cheryl, OMG to not have stable internet in now day is one of the worst things! I would freak out! Worse than the water problem. But I hope both to be fixed soon!

Rae, I hope we not scared you with all our advices! Just tried to be helpful.

Wave to the others!

Last edited:

LSlycord

Hello Lovely O'Ladies. And we have reached Friday evening. Yay! It’s all gray here. We broke down last night and turned on the air conditioning upstairs. The inside of the house was 79 degrees upstairs so we turned it on. I know, that is a far cry from most of you who are trying to deal with snow and ice and dangerously cold temperatures.

Poor Shaun who has the worst allergies was sneezing like crazy last night. The news had an episode on how the pine trees are dropping their pollen. So here we have what is called “pine fever”. We have lots of pine trees behind the house and the wind blows the pollen onto our roof and then the rain comes and washes it onto the driveway.

@taxed4ever I will need to tell you my rat story. And yes, @faerywings needs to shut her ears. I’ll make a page one of these days. The winter after we bought a new snowblower, we didn't get one snowfall that was heavy enough to use it. And I hope that you get your oven fixed before long...that's got to be driving you crazy. Glad that you have a SIL nearby.

@Kythe I love to have my freezer stocked with some things like frozen soup to make meal prep easy on those nights that I don’t want to cook. And I saw your post about your screen getting small. I can never remember the control keys but I’ve made note of it now because I hate it when I shrink my screen accidentally.

Can I just tell you all what my favorite feature is of this new site? Well, I have lots of favorite features. But my most favorite is the fact that I can save a draft while I am writing to all of you and I don't lose huge, long posts! I really, really LOVE that feature!

@felis I love the picture of your kitty in the snow! That is just the sweetest! Our Newfypoo loved the snow before we left it behind. She was so happy...the colder the better. We would call her to come in and she would lay down on the far side of the yard and stare at us. Of course, she likes swimming just as much...maybe more, so I don't feel too bad about depriving her.

@faerywings I'm so glad that Cait had such a good review. I'm not at all surprised...but I'm always grateful when things turn out the way that they should. What she is doing is very important...I recognize that more and more each day.

@Cherylndesigns did you live in Florida before? Is family in Oklahoma? Part of the reason that we moved when we did is that the kids were still young enough to come with us. If they were back in Iowa, no way would I be here. Don't know where they might move in the future though. So, is this permanent? Who really knows? And what in the world on the plumbing...I sure hope they got that fixed for you. At least you now have the hotspot. Because no internet and no water would put me over the edge!

And Happy Chinese New Year everyone. My kids are both Chinese...but I haven't been able to create an environment where they care much about Chinese New Year. We used to go out and celebrate at the Asian Festivals but not so much anymore. However, I still love it so I'll create a page!

Now off to create some layouts...and post some that I have already created. ((hugs))

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Happy Chinese New Year, @felis!! You're so right - I love that you can change your year - at least the animal, right? I just did a page for Vivienne on The Chinese New Year and it's the Year of The Ox. I enjoyed working with her beautiful kit and I know that red is an auspicious color. Also, I was sure to put the Chinese coins on my layout.

It's awful not to have stable wifi, @felis! It's SO frustrating! As long as I can keep this 2nd borrowed hotspot, I'm able to do a little bit more. I spent so much time going down to where I could pick up wifi!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns did you live in Florida before? Is family in Oklahoma? Part of the reason that we moved when we did is that the kids were still young enough to come with us. If they were back in Iowa, no way would I be here. Don't know where they might move in the future though. So, is this permanent? Who really knows? And what in the world on the plumbing...I sure hope they got that fixed for you. At least you now have the hotspot. Because no internet and no water would put me over the edge!

Hi Linda. Yes, we all lived in Florida - had for several years. My son-in-law is originally from this area and his dream was to have his whole family living together (think compound). We bought 50 acres, which has increased to 75 now and possibly growing. We've built 3 homes - well, 2 and the third one is well under construction. We all came out here 2 years ago and my husband and I fell in love. We live in Cherokee County - actually IN The Cherokee Nation. My SIL is Cherokee and he has always wanted to return. It might sound weird, all of us living close to each other, but we love it! We build out homes right in the middle of the original 50 acres.