Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, December 2

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
hey there!! How is everyone doing? It is Day Two of the Party (and yup, I am already behind in scrapping and commenting - booooo)
The Gallery is amazing, getting filled up with fab LOs and avatars.

I had a second day in a row of being in a blur. I started out really well. My Dr appt was perfect, I only need to get my cholesterol rechecked. It's a little high but not bad. The EKG/heart "blip" that I had last year is gone. And I am the same weight as I was last year. Actually said I was one lb less but that could be based on what I was wearing or the time of day. I thought for sure I was much heavier. I *am* wider-- but also shorter, so who knows? LOL
The number shouldn't mean so much to me but it is how I roll ;)

I was smart in not going down the highway to shop, I still have no idea what I am getting for people. I was able to get some dog/rat toys. The feed store was having 50% off everything. Stopped back at TJ Maxx to get the Star Wars glasses for Tom and tried on some coats in my research for Caitlyn. I was able to order a coat for her from my mom, having it shipped right to her house.
I think I am going to bake a tray of peanut butter cup cookies- bar cookies and hopefully, they freeze well. I never made this recipe before but what is the worst that can happen? PB and chocolate? Even if they fall apart, they will taste good. I am also going to look for a recipe for tarallas. My dad loves them and it's hard to find them around here. (They are an Italian "pretzel" for a lack of a better word) If I can find an authentic recipe, as in from someone who seems Italian --Gaida DeLaurentis?-- I want to make them for his gift.
Any chance you have an authentic/basic recipe for tarallas? *hopeful*

PS: Not sure if that is the correct spelling, we pronounce them "tah-dahls"

Wishing everyone a lovely day!

Buddy the O' Elf

CHEERY O
Good morning cousin @faerywings! Did you know that Faeries and Elves are related? All magical creatures are really! So I'm sure that you know that! Are you drinking coffee this morning? Does your coffee consumption increase in December? Santa brings in lots of extra coffee to keep us going at the North Pole from Thanksgiving through Christmas!

Where is Miss Linda? I hope that she isn't still sleeping. I'll be back in a bit!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Dang, I am so smart!!!!
I just searched my emails for the tarallis (that is the correct spelling according to my aunt) and I found my grandma's recipe!!! My SIL emailed me a bunch of family recipes years ago and now I am so excited!!! I can't wait to make them!

Hi Buddy! I did know that about faeries and elves-- that's just one more reason I love you! ♥
Extra coffee consumption? This time of year?? Oh yes. I do that too. Should I leave some coffee out for you on Christmas Eve if you come down from the North Pole with Santa?

#coffee

LSlycord

Good morning @faerywings and @Buddy the O' Elf. That's quite the interesting tidbit about the coffee supply at the North Pole but I guess it makes sense.

I am on my second cup of coffee and feeling very awake and full of energy! That's a rare, but nice, feeling.

Yesterday was a little bit more productive for me than the day before...although Wednesday was a really nice day. We went down to Gainesville. I wrapped her Secret Santa gift before taking it to her so that made her happy. We took her out to lunch at Olive Garden and then I asked that we drive through the apartment complex that she is going to live in next year since we were right there. There is a big shopping mall with lots of restaurants, including Olive Garden, just a few minutes from the apartment.

Syd is thinking that she might want to do a study abroad term of six weeks next summer. It's in Germany and she said that she would rather go to more southern parts of Europe but this class would be a perfect fit for her major. I'm hoping that if she goes, we can entice her to spend a little more time at the end of the trip and we could meet her there. That would be something to look forward to for 2023!

Ok...I got caught up last night on personals from yesterday but I need to check Wednesday's Daily O's! Love the gallery right now.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord Did you see, Buddy is looking for you! Wake up!!!
I don't blame you for treating yourself to some breakfast after the Dr appt. How nice to get to the beach, even if it rained. Just seeing and hearing the waves is so soothing.
You deserved the entire day of indulgence, how often do you-- or any of us-- do that? Not enough, that is for sure.

@vickyday Ilene is adorable in her hat, she seems like an absolute joy to be with (sorry I called her Irene yesterday).
Hehe, I am going to have that song in my head all day today, when I was teaching PreK I had a few different Good Morning Songs I would rotate through -- for variety. All of which would run through my head 24/7. On a loop. A never-ending loop.o_O

@tanteva how are you doing today? Not face-planting like yesterday, hopefully

@Cherylndesigns I hope that you are not as tired today and slept well. How is Steph doing on her own? Not trying to do everything at all at once?
I bet the weight is from all of the walking you did, you were out a lot in FL.
The palm tree sounds incredible and adorable and so dang thoughtful of Chuck, I can't wait to see the pictures and LO I know you are going to make if you haven't already.

It's always wonderful to see you here, Buddy!

Buddy the O' Elf

CHEERY O
Dang, I am so smart!!!!
I just searched my emails for the tarallis (that is the correct spelling according to my aunt) and I found my grandma's recipe!!! My SIL emailed me a bunch of family recipes years ago and now I am so excited!!! I can't wait to make them!

Hi Buddy! I did know that about faeries and elves-- that's just one more reason I love you! ♥
Extra coffee consumption? This time of year?? Oh yes. I do that too. Should I leave some coffee out for you on Christmas Eve if you come down from the North Pole with Santa?

#coffee
Yes please on the coffee. Believe me, Santa and his elves all could use the coffee on Christmas Eve. We love cookies and sweets and hot chocolate...but coffee gets us going!

Very smart to check your emails!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Wow... December is off to a roaring start... loving all the Christmas/December Avatars and LOs in the gallery. I got the Day 1 -Chainlift Challenge LO done and posted. Did some commenting until the hand/arm said I needed to stop for the day. Did you get a peek at the Scavenger Hunt... lots of fun things on the it. I can tell this is going to be a fun but busy month here at OS!!! :D
My back has been complaining lately... so decided that I needed to stay out of the recliner when reading for awhile. So for the last couple of days I moved into the living room and have been laying on the over-stuffed leather couch which is so comfortable. That seems to be helping with the back ache.

I am up and dressed early this morning as I need to leave around 8:30 AM to go to the quarterly Twice-Read book, DVD, CD & More at the other local library (about 4 miles away). May end up going back on Saturday as I found out last quarter that they put more stuff out on Saturday.

Just found out that DD#3 did come down with RVS last week - she caught it from her 2yr old grandson who goes to daycare. So it is a good thing that she didn't come here when Sis was here. And the annual flu is on the rise here. So will be masked wherever I go.
Need to refill my small hand sanitizer bottle I carry in my purse as I am back to using it after I come out of places.

No personals today.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Slept til 10.40 today! Guess I needed that. LOL

Been scrapping, and now I'm doing the Scavenger Hunt - my brain is bleeding. LOL Looked through all designers store, found 5. You'd think you'd be able to just look at the pictures, and immediately, right? Being a natural Oscrapian, and all.

No work until the 14th! YAY! Lots of time to get some of all that December scrapping done.

Oh, and my hat ... I don't remember who asked if it was done? Here it is:

20221129_131004web.jpg

Also made me one of these: https://www.jarbo.se/jmonster/jarbomossan-arets-julklapp-som-alla-kan-sticka-91898 These hats are "the thing" here in Sweden right now. Super easy to knit. I've already started another one. Pattern is only in Swedish, but basically you just knit a square and sew it together. Fits like a glove. Or rather like a hat, but ...

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@LSlycord Did you see, Buddy is looking for you! Wake up!!!
I don't blame you for treating yourself to some breakfast after the Dr appt. How nice to get to the beach, even if it rained. Just seeing and hearing the waves is so soothing.
You deserved the entire day of indulgence, how often do you-- or any of us-- do that? Not enough, that is for sure.

@vickyday Ilene is adorable in her hat, she seems like an absolute joy to be with (sorry I called her Irene yesterday).
Hehe, I am going to have that song in my head all day today, when I was teaching PreK I had a few different Good Morning Songs I would rotate through -- for variety. All of which would run through my head 24/7. On a loop. A never-ending loop.o_O

@tanteva how are you doing today? Not face-planting like yesterday, hopefully

@Cherylndesigns I hope that you are not as tired today and slept well. How is Steph doing on her own? Not trying to do everything at all at once?
I bet the weight is from all of the walking you did, you were out a lot in FL.
The palm tree sounds incredible and adorable and so dang thoughtful of Chuck, I can't wait to see the pictures and LO I know you are going to make if you haven't already.

It's always wonderful to see you here, Buddy!
Yes, Ilene is a hoot! I noticed you typed Irene yesterday, lol! I just thot it was a typo!
My reasoning for the sing-song greeting yesterday was to make it loop all day long, lol! I didn't know you used to be a teacher!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Slept til 10.40 today! Guess I needed that. LOL

Been scrapping, and now I'm doing the Scavenger Hunt - my brain is bleeding. LOL Looked through all designers store, found 5. You'd think you'd be able to just look at the pictures, and immediately, right? Being a natural Oscrapian, and all.

No work until the 14th! YAY! Lots of time to get some of all that December scrapping done.

Oh, and my hat ... I don't remember who asked if it was done? Here it is:

View attachment 384673

Also made me one of these: https://www.jarbo.se/jmonster/jarbomossan-arets-julklapp-som-alla-kan-sticka-91898 These hats are "the thing" here in Sweden right now. Super easy to knit. I've already started another one. Pattern is only in Swedish, but basically you just knit a square and sew it together. Fits like a glove. Or rather like a hat, but ...
LOVE the hat, Eva! Gonna take a look at the square one, too! Does the one you are wearing here have the hole in the top for a ponytail? Do you have a link for a pattern?

tanteva

LOVE the hat, Eva! Gonna take a look at the square one, too! Does the one you are wearing here have the hole in the top for a ponytail? Do you have a link for a pattern?
Yes, it's a hole in the top. It's called Messy Bun Beanie and you can find the pattern for free here:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning to all!
Got the Day 1 scraplift done and need to check out the scavenger hunt! The gallery is busy, busy! Looking great, too! @Buddy the O' Elf certainly has been busy!

Today is a pajama day for me! Mark is working on the sawmill to cut wood for the walls of the cabin. It is a cold 40* at almost 11 am today! I know it is cold because he still has his toboggan and jacket on!

I started a baby blanket yesterday for a great grandchild of Ilene's that is due in May. I bought the yarn on the spur of the moment while at Walmart yesterday. Probably a page to follow at some point.....when I get it far enough along to see the pattern.

Have a great day!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Yes, it's a hole in the top. It's called Messy Bun Beanie and you can find the pattern for free here:
Thanks, Eva! I think that one will be great for the granddaughters who all have long hair!
I did download the other one, too, and copied and pasted into a translator. Pretty easy pattern! Thanks!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Remi got me up at 6 and after that she kept jumping on and off the bed so I got up. She's not feeling well this morning, she took her morning chew bone and is lying on the chair with it but won't eat it. Hopefully she will perk up later. I'll keep an eye on her. I always worry about her ingesting toy bits b/c she is such a strong chewer.

Jen made it home in the late afternoon yesterday. She said the driving was slow, taking twice as long but there were no road closures like there had been on the way out. Her and Bella were so happy to get home. I had a roast ready for dinner which she loved b/c her mouth was sore from the new tightening of the braces and she needed some soft food. The roast, carrots and baby potatoes were tender so she could easily eat the meal.

Today I will be busy with scrapping, need to wash the floors and want to do some meal planning. It's cold out there this week, the high today is 7, with it being 0 right now....brrr! Getting in and out of the hot tub in a bathing suit in 0° weather is brutal but worth it :) The tub feels good once you are in it.

We watched the finale of The Masked Singer last night, such a fun show. My guess was right for the runner up and the winner was one of the two names I thought she was.

@faerywings Glad you found the recipe for the cookies, your dad is going to be so surprised.

@LSlycord A trip to Europe next year sounds wonderful.

@BrightEyes Good luck at the sale.

@tanteva Your hat is so cute.

I'm getting more coffee and getting on with my day. HAGD everyone.

tanteva

Thanks, Eva! I think that one will be great for the granddaughters who all have long hair!
I did download the other one, too, and copied and pasted into a translator. Pretty easy pattern! Thanks!
Let me know if you need help with the Swedish pattern, but I'm sure the translator got it right. It's really just a square, varying in sizes. Quick knit - it took me about 3 episodes of Medium to finish it. LOL

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all.

Feeling better today - my exhaustion is going away. Sounds like everybody's busy - Vicky @vickyday and Eva @tanteva you are both so talented and keeping busy with your projects. LOVE that messy bun beanie!

Chris @faerywings your cookies are going to be amazing and be sure to save some for Buddy. He's sure been busy in here today. Cracks me up.

Linda @LSlycord what a fun day you must have had yesterday. I know you love to see the kids any chance you get.

Kay @BrightEyes hope your DD gets over her RSV quickly. I know Adrienne had that while I was gone.

Rae @bcgal00 now I'm hungry for roast and potatoes and it's only 11 am. Sounds SO good.

Here's a picture of my cute palm tree - I took it last night so the lights would show up better. Ava says it's Florida Meets Oklahoma. Hahaha

Palm-Tree.jpg

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning all.

Feeling better today - my exhaustion is going away. Sounds like everybody's busy - Vicky @vickyday and Eva @tanteva you are both so talented and keeping busy with your projects. LOVE that messy bun beanie!

Chris @faerywings your cookies are going to be amazing and be sure to save some for Buddy. He's sure been busy in here today. Cracks me up.

Linda @LSlycord what a fun day you must have had yesterday. I know you love to see the kids any chance you get.

Kay @BrightEyes hope your DD gets over her RSV quickly. I know Adrienne had that while I was gone.

Rae @bcgal00 now I'm hungry for roast and potatoes and it's only 11 am. Sounds SO good.

Here's a picture of my cute palm tree - I took it last night so the lights would show up better. Ava says it's Florida Meets Oklahoma. Hahaha

View attachment 384687
LOVE the palm trees!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I am back home and ready to lay down and rest!!! Yes, it was worth going to the sale... got 15 new to me DVDs plus the 7-part mini series "John Adams", 3 music CDs and a Anne Bishop Book. As I walked out, I realized that I had forgotten to bring the property tax bill with me... so back home to pick it up. Then did the 15 mile trip 1-way to the county treasurer's office to pay the taxes. On the way home, I stopped at the Friends Of Literacy book store and bought another 5 DVDs. I was more than glad to get home. The upper back aching so much that I dug out my back brace (from the last back surgery) and put it on. It goes from the hips up past the waist in front and the back section goes up to just under the shoulder blades. That is giving some support to aching back but I need to get off my feet and let it rest. We have a storm front moving through so that is part of the problem.