Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, August 9

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
10226312.png
10224131.png

They did it again! Someone is gonna have to lock this thread up before the crazy ladies log on at night. I thought that I'd need to be careful opening threads after I was away for a day or two so I don't slip on whatever ketchup ended up on the floor. And here I thought the tornado watch alert was for local weather, not about @Cherylndesigns and @AK_Tracy

How was your day? I was busy and took advantage of the cool and rainy weather. I did a deep clean of my kitchen/LR area. On the ladder getting the tops of the kitchen cabinets scrubbed, the tops of the ceiling fans, I even scrubbed the AC filters. It really needed it. I didn't move the oven though- when I do that, the levelers always seem to get messed up and I didn't want to deal with that. That was the majority of the day but I'm glad I did it.
I've been watching the weather and it looks like an awful day here. Heavy rain and wind- and a tornado warning until 2 pm. Weird!
My ILs are coming this afternoon and the kids will be for dinner tonight. My "big" plans for this morning are to tidy my office and then get everything packed for tomorrow's class and hike. This is where I'll learn how to best pee in the woods. I didn't forget that you all wanted a detailed report. Bwuuhahah!

Sending everyone love and hugs!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@taxed4ever Hope the time on the lake with your SILs was wonderful!

(b/c of Taz's crazy acrobats with food bows lately, the way he flings them around)
Jaida is the same way. The other day, she did that and the bowl landed on the tile by the front door. I jumped, it was so loud! She runs around the house with the dish in her mouth so sometimes I have to hunt it down before I can feed her. She will leave it in my BR, even on my bed. Dogs are so silly!
I hope that the walk with Remi got all of the kinks in your back loosened up.
Good luck with your practice packing!

@BrightEyes Did you need to have the enchiladas for dinner? The Spicy Kit is adorable so I understand why you'd get a craving for them.
The thing I love most about the shoes I bought is that the sole is rubber. I won't skid on the dance floor. Cuz you all know how graceful I am, hahaha!
The Anniversary album sounds like it is coming along nicely and I think the decorative page breaks will look so nice.

Our job here is done! We managed to throw Chris for a loop! :spinningchair: I did think of you last night and though oh poor Chris will have to wade through this conversation. Poor Chris.
:floorlaugh: And again last night!
Did you shave the back of your head? The woman who cuts my hair does that and says it keeps her much cooler. I'd be so nervous about it sticking out all over the place as it grows in. When I was a kid, my uncle (he was a hairdresser) would use thinning shears on my hair so it looked good when he was done. A week or so later all of the shorter pieces would be adding even more frizz to it. 99% of the time my hair is in a pony or a messy bun (messy cuz I am lazy, not fashionable) so I am no help. I watched a video on YouTube and the influencers were using banana clips on long curly hair. You can do a softer pony that way or sort of a half-up. I looked on Amazon for the style of clip they used but the only one I found that got 4 stars was $16. Yeah... not happening. :/

We DID go off the rails last night. :rotfl::floorlaugh::lol23:I'm not sure what happened - :shemademe: I'm glad we entertained you all - I was almost afraid to come in here this morning. It got pretty crazy. I was laughing so hard - :floorlaugh:

OK - we'll TRY to behave ourselves. That's a tough one.
Bzzzzzzppp! You failed! Time out for you two~> :jail1:

I have five days worth of meals ready to eat and they are good. I cooked a big bag of chicken, a pan of couscous, sauteed red peppers and baby spinach, and water chestnuts, and then layered them in my "bowls". I put Yum Yum sauce on three of them and Teriyaki sauce on the rest.
They sound amazing!
Sorry your mom is so stubborn - she'll wish she had on cozy flats by the end of the night. LOL I KNEW that she would never entertain the idea of wearing them.
I know it. :rolleyes: It's so silly. I'm going to push to have her bring a pair of sneakers to keep in the car just to have on hand. So what if they look odd with the dress?

What is yum yum sauce?
This is the recipe I use but I make a bunch of changes for my family. (In fact, this is what I am making tonight but making a tray of tofu and a tray of chicken. I use vegan mayo for the sauce- which I double. But everyone enjoys it and easy to adapt for everyone's diets.)

For the Sauce​

• 1/2 cup of Hellmans mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce in the asian isle
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 2 Tablespoons of lime juice
  • 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
I use ShopRite Trading Company Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and I throw in a dollop of the spicy Thai chili sauce for a little kick.
I hope you are feeling better today, Vicky!

xoxoxo

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
10226312.png
10224131.png

They did it again! Someone is gonna have to lock this thread up before the crazy ladies log on at night. I thought that I'd need to be careful opening threads after I was away for a day or two so I don't slip on whatever ketchup ended up on the floor. And here I thought the tornado watch alert was for local weather, not about @Cherylndesigns and @AK_Tracy

How was your day? I was busy and took advantage of the cool and rainy weather. I did a deep clean of my kitchen/LR area. On the ladder getting the tops of the kitchen cabinets scrubbed, the tops of the ceiling fans, I even scrubbed the AC filters. It really needed it. I didn't move the oven though- when I do that, the levelers always seem to get messed up and I didn't want to deal with that. That was the majority of the day but I'm glad I did it.
I've been watching the weather and it looks like an awful day here. Heavy rain and wind- and a tornado warning until 2 pm. Weird!
My ILs are coming this afternoon and the kids will be for dinner tonight. My "big" plans for this morning are to tidy my office and then get everything packed for tomorrow's class and hike. This is where I'll learn how to best pee in the woods. I didn't forget that you all wanted a detailed report. Bwuuhahah!

Sending everyone love and hugs!
You need to come and expend some of that energy on my kitchen! I loathe cleaning it!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@taxed4ever Hope the time on the lake with your SILs was wonderful!

Jaida is the same way. The other day, she did that and the bowl landed on the tile by the front door. I jumped, it was so loud! She runs around the house with the dish in her mouth so sometimes I have to hunt it down before I can feed her. She will leave it in my BR, even on my bed. Dogs are so silly!
I hope that the walk with Remi got all of the kinks in your back loosened up.
Good luck with your practice packing!

@BrightEyes Did you need to have the enchiladas for dinner? The Spicy Kit is adorable so I understand why you'd get a craving for them.
The thing I love most about the shoes I bought is that the sole is rubber. I won't skid on the dance floor. Cuz you all know how graceful I am, hahaha!
The Anniversary album sounds like it is coming along nicely and I think the decorative page breaks will look so nice.

:floorlaugh: And again last night!
Did you shave the back of your head? The woman who cuts my hair does that and says it keeps her much cooler. I'd be so nervous about it sticking out all over the place as it grows in. When I was a kid, my uncle (he was a hairdresser) would use thinning shears on my hair so it looked good when he was done. A week or so later all of the shorter pieces would be adding even more frizz to it. 99% of the time my hair is in a pony or a messy bun (messy cuz I am lazy, not fashionable) so I am no help. I watched a video on YouTube and the influencers were using banana clips on long curly hair. You can do a softer pony that way or sort of a half-up. I looked on Amazon for the style of clip they used but the only one I found that got 4 stars was $16. Yeah... not happening. :/

Bzzzzzzppp! You failed! Time out for you two~> :jail1:

They sound amazing!

I know it. :rolleyes: It's so silly. I'm going to push to have her bring a pair of sneakers to keep in the car just to have on hand. So what if they look odd with the dress?

This is the recipe I use but I make a bunch of changes for my family. (In fact, this is what I am making tonight but making a tray of tofu and a tray of chicken. I use vegan mayo for the sauce- which I double. But everyone enjoys it and easy to adapt for everyone's diets.)

For the Sauce​

• 1/2 cup of Hellmans mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce in the asian isle
  • 2 cloves garlic minced
  • 2 Tablespoons of lime juice
  • 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
I use ShopRite Trading Company Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and I throw in a dollop of the spicy Thai chili sauce for a little kick.
I hope you are feeling better today, Vicky!

xoxoxo
Thanks. Still not feeling great today, but a bit better than yesterday because, right now, the headache isn't quite so bad!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Quick in and out again today. Still under the weather (literally and otherwise, lol).
Boy! Did we get the rain yesterday and supposed to be a repeat today. Gonna have to wait until it stops before I can do laundry! The sump pump has been going crazy! The worst problem is that the toilet doesn't flush right when it rains so much!
Hope everyone on the east coast stays safe!
HAGD to all! I won't be hanging around much. I did get another batch of ATCs done yesterday. Always glad to get another set done and posted!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. All the 50th anniversary photos have been moved to the new album!!! Finished moving them in the afternoon. I rearranged the order of many of the photos... so that they now are in order of the main events, the family photos and then candid shots of people visiting. Taking a break from working on the finishing details for it. Got everything cleared off the kitchen table and island and moved into the craft room. Ended up sitting on the chair massager last evening as the back was aching from sitting and working on the album. Definitely time to take a break. Should be getting the call from HL that the photo sleeves special order is in today. Need to do a couple of other errands while I am out and about.

@faerywings I was too tired last night to fix the enchilada dinner. Thanks for the kind words about my Spicy LO... I had so much fun doing that LO! Glad your shoes for the wedding have rubber soles that will keep you from slipping around... know you will dance the night away! Good idea for your mom to bring some other shoes and leave them in the car - in case they are needed. WOW... you are an energizer bunny with all that deep cleaning!!

@vickyday So sorry to hear you have been down. Hope the headache and other problems go away soon.

@Cherylndesigns and @AK_Tracy ... Sshhh!... I am slipping in and unlocking the cage so you both can slip out without @faerywings hear us. You two are a riot and we all need the laughter and shenanigans you have been creating. Keep it up, gals.

Time to get dressed and get :busy1:

AK_Tracy

:couchhide:
Is it safe? Gonna sneak into the room and say GOOD MORNING!!!!!!

And here I thought the tornado watch alert was for local weather, not about @Cherylndesigns and @AK_Tracy
Yeah, sorry, my warning label fell off years ago. So now people get sideswiped without warning. :giggle4:But I blame Cheryl. Her bifocals made her go crazy!!!! :shemademe: all I did was follow behind to make sure she didn't get hurt. You know how bifocals are, one wrong glass and poof youre on the ground cause focus was off. :floorlaugh:
I've been watching the weather and it looks like an awful day here. Heavy rain and wind- and a tornado warning until 2 pm.
I hope you all stay safe. I've thankfully never had that experience. I would freak out. I'll take a quake over a tornado.
This is where I'll learn how to best pee in the woods. I didn't forget that you all wanted a detailed report. Bwuuhahah!
WOOO HOOO!!!! We're al gonna learn!!!!!
Did you shave the back of your head? The woman who cuts my hair does that and says it keeps her much cooler. I'd be so nervous about it sticking out all over the place as it grows in.
I did not shave it. The hairdresser said it might grow back worse! She said with curly hair you never know and it might come back curlier or grayer or be really unmanageable as it grows back in. So she just shined it, layered more and attempted to take weight off that way. I dont think she likes me much though cause I just say cut it, wont cry, dont care, just cut it. :giggle4: I've been short short before so it wont shock me but they want o know exactly what you want done and I dont know. I just want it to not give me a headache.
@Cherylndesigns and @AK_Tracy ... Sshhh!... I am slipping in and unlocking the cage so you both can slip out without @faerywings hear us. You two are a riot and we all need the laughter and shenanigans you have been creating. Keep it up, gals.
YEAH! Thank you Kay! I knew I could count on you to let us out! We do need all the laughter we can get. :heartpumppink:

@vickyday I hope you start feeling better. Glad the headache is better. Those are the worst.

Its finally not raining! It started Monday night and finally stopped!!! The winds are picking up so it wont be a read outside day but its not raining. Not sure what I will scrap but it feels like a scrap day. Plus pizza night, so gotta get that all ready. And laundry. Yep, darn clothes still aren't taking care of themselves. TIme for more coffee.
HAGD

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all!

You're lucky, because I only have a minute, but I'll be back......................said in my Terminator voice. I want to thank Kay @BrightEyes for sneaking in a releasing me and Tracy from jail. Tracy @AK_Tracy I'm not sure if it's safe for us to come in here yet - wait til tonight. While they're sleeping, we can spread some :pokestick::goofing: around.

I'm going out to lunch with the kids at noon, so I need to get cleaned up. Braden is going back to school later today, so we want to have lunch at Nancy's. Adrienne and Roger are still out of town, so they're missing all the fun.

Be back later.
XOXO

AK_Tracy

You're lucky, because I only have a minute, but I'll be back......................said in my Terminator voice. I want to thank Kay @BrightEyes for sneaking in a releasing me and Tracy from jail. Tracy @AK_Tracy I'm not sure if it's safe for us to come in here yet - wait til tonight. While they're sleeping, we can spread some :pokestick::goofing: around.
:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :couchhide: Okay, we will wait ............ with the patients of a gnat!!!!!!! :floorlaugh:

AK_Tracy

I guess I'm suppose to sit around and do nothing. They're working on the power lines so we are without power. They said two hours but we shall see. They also said they would be done about 1230 but power didn't go off until 1145 so I am guessing a good Chunk of afternoon will be powerless. No laundry (darn) no dishes (double darn) no vacuuming. Just a good book and quiet house. Thankfully I had just finished the pizza dough so its now rising and will be ready for dinner time. Hope the powers on then :giggle4: or we will have to figure out plan b. I am sure they'll be done before that so at this time I'm not worried. But I cant scrap as my EHD has to be plugged in to run. Off to read. :beach1:

BoatLady

Well ladies I have been following along but have not commented. I Just wanted to jump in to say we will be home in 3 weeks so I am hoping I can become more active. There was so many campsites that had little or no internet, that will be the best part of being home...fast internet and 2 screens... but I will miss travel/adventures. In Kansas now for a few days then we move on.
@AK_Tracy ---no power yikes, I hope it's a good book.
@Cherylndesigns --lunch with the kids sounds fabulous
It sounds like the weather has been pretty bad for lots of people, so sorry.
Have a great day/evening

AK_Tracy

Well ladies I have been following along but have not commented. I Just wanted to jump in to say we will be home in 3 weeks so I am hoping I can become more active. There was so many campsites that had little or no internet, that will be the best part of being home...fast internet and 2 screens... but I will miss travel/adventures. In Kansas now for a few days then we move on.
@AK_Tracy ---no power yikes, I hope it's a good book.
@Cherylndesigns --lunch with the kids sounds fabulous
It sounds like the weather has been pretty bad for lots of people, so sorry.
Have a great day/evening
Cant wait for you to be home with fast internet so you can join the shenanigans and laughter! Thankfully only a two hour power outage. Hopefully this work will keep it from happening next wind storm. It came on in time to prep pizza night and we will be able to cook them too LOL. @faerywings Chris! Where are you????? Did the moose you saddles throw a shoe? Detour? Where are you??? I have red peppers and feta!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Cant wait for you to be home with fast internet so you can join the shenanigans and laughter! Thankfully only a two hour power outage. Hopefully this work will keep it from happening next wind storm. It came on in time to prep pizza night and we will be able to cook them too LOL. @faerywings Chris! Where are you????? Did the moose you saddles throw a shoe? Detour? Where are you??? I have red peppers and feta!
NO WAY! I love them - I totally forgot I had feta when I sauteed my red peppers. Tlad you have your power back.

@BoatLady you've had such an exciting summer of travel, but there's no place like home. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures. Yes, I had THE best time with the kiddos today - they talk non-stop and I love it. Braden is going back to U of Arkansas in the morning. I'll miss his sweet, always smiling face. I have a big box of "goodies" for him to take back. He wanted to make sure I included mashed potatoes - I told him there are two boxes in there. He's eaten all of my Ramen Noodles, but I found a few Ramen Soup mixes and he's excited about all of snacks and spaghetti and jars of spaghetti sauce. He's moving into his own apartment this year, so he said he needs food. :lol23: :lol23:

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
Sounds like I've missed a lot of OOOOOOmazing mischief & mayhem, and who knew, I could behave myself! I've struggled trying to get back in home mode, did get a layout done though. BEST dental appointment EVER! A little over 3 hours, but never EVER have I been so OK . Electric blanket, pillows under knees & arms, what scent do I want for nitrous. Totally clicked with dental assistant too, she wants to get back into scrapbooking. They chit chatted the entire time, but dentist kept checking with me to see if I was ok, did I need to rest, I can hardly wait to go back, which I've said NEVER. She didn't have time to do as much as she wanted but I'm so happy with what she did. I have to learn horo to smile without my lip curling over my bottom teeth to cover them. Hubs family is just an utter mess, it's hard to find anything humorous, even the buckets of ketchup being dumped. Keep dumping though because I need to slip & slide vicariously. We put 2 butts on the grill at 4pm. today. Not, mine, wouldn't fit, not rellies, that would be ICKY ! Pork butts, actually will be on there until tomorrow around 4. We'll have it for supper & then freeze a bunch of meals. It was cool and on off sunny with big gray cotton ball clouds, so looked I felt like fall and I am so not ready for that.

You need to come and expend some of that energy on my kitchen! I loathe cleaning it!
I'm with you, I loathe cleaning the kitchen, but I loathe anything that involves cleaning. I hope you feel better soon !

@faerywings put a gold star on my chart for being a good 0, but you know, twins tag team in the naughty department. Tomorrow I have a Zoom baby shower for my cousin's daughter who lives in Oregon. She's the one who coined me as "Mom's Colorful Cousin." So happy they are keeping a connection with me. Have a lovely weekend everyone!

AK_Tracy

Sounds like I've missed a lot of OOOOOOmazing mischief & mayhem, and who knew, I could behave myself! I've struggled trying to get back in home mode, did get a layout done though. BEST dental appointment EVER! A little over 3 hours, but never EVER have I been so OK . Electric blanket, pillows under knees & arms, what scent do I want for nitrous. Totally clicked with dental assistant too, she wants to get back into scrapbooking. They chit chatted the entire time, but dentist kept checking with me to see if I was ok, did I need to rest, I can hardly wait to go back, which I've said NEVER. She didn't have time to do as much as she wanted but I'm so happy with what she did. I have to learn horo to smile without my lip curling over my bottom teeth to cover them. Hubs family is just an utter mess, it's hard to find anything humorous, even the buckets of ketchup being dumped. Keep dumping though because I need to slip & slide vicariously. We put 2 butts on the grill at 4pm. today. Not, mine, wouldn't fit, not rellies, that would be ICKY ! Pork butts, actually will be on there until tomorrow around 4. We'll have it for supper & then freeze a bunch of meals. It was cool and on off sunny with big gray cotton ball clouds, so looked I felt like fall and I am so not ready for that.

I'm with you, I loathe cleaning the kitchen, but I loathe anything that involves cleaning. I hope you feel better soon !

@faerywings put a gold star on my chart for being a good 0, but you know, twins tag team in the naughty department. Tomorrow I have a Zoom baby shower for my cousin's daughter who lives in Oregon. She's the one who coined me as "Mom's Colorful Cousin." So happy they are keeping a connection with me. Have a lovely weekend everyone!
Oh My Twin!!! I have missed you so much!!! So if youre being good today, then tomorrow you get to be the trouble maker!!!! :floorlaugh:
So happy to hear the dental went well and all was nice. That is so wonderful!!!!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O

@faerywings put a gold star on my chart for being a good 0, but you know, twins tag team in the naughty department. Tomorrow I have a Zoom baby shower for my cousin's daughter who lives in Oregon. She's the one who coined me as "Mom's Colorful Cousin." So hap
py they are keeping a connection with me. Have a lovely weekend everyone!
Are you kidding me????? I'm coming to MN next time I have to go to the dentist. What "scent" do you want your nitrous????? I thought Michigan was "the dental capital of the world" - they used to give nitrous to clean my teeth. Seriously, as serious as I can be - I'm glad you had a good experience. We've missed you - lots of shenanigans going on around here.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Oh wait...... gnats were patience, not memories. Ooops, doesn't speak well for my statement when I cant get it right! :giggle4:
Gurl...........................patience/memory/smemory/who cares????? I just love gnats! I'm still claiming that I have the patience of a gnat. I need to see *what* has less patience than a gnat. Google That Sh*T. GTS :lol23: :lol23: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: