Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, August 2

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:friday:
It's HEEEERRREEEE!!
:dancingbfly:

As excited as I am that it is Friday, is there a way to make time slow down, please? Pretty, pretty please?:prettyplease:

As in-- I am *begging.*

I hope for your sake I don't do the weekly countdown every Friday but :holysheep: -- the wedding is in SIX weeks! And guess what showed up at my house yesterday? My shoes. The OG Lost in the Ether Pair. I will be contacting DSW this morning to cancel the second pair. They are listed as "processing" as of right now but then again, who knows if they got booted into the The Ether yet?

Summer camp was so much fun, I really love working with the kids. The head counselor is so creative with her activities and games. I am not on the schedule for any days this month yet but I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get at least a few days in. There are a ton of field trips being scheduled in October and I know I'll get called for some of those.

I was supposed to clean for my friend this morning but she is sick and canceled. Gary has to return the medicine cabinet we just got for the upstairs bathroom. It fell apart already (!) but it's been more than 90 days and Home Depot won't replace it. We get store credit - yay. :rolleyes: We have a Target GC and that is next to the Home Depot so we might pop in there to see what they have. I thought that might be a good idea and now I regret suggesting it. I hate shopping LOL

It's going to be 90+ degrees and ~50% humidity (its 79% now- ick) so I might catch up ion some scrapping this afternoon. So many new releases and challenges ♥

xo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Heading to get Ilene in about an hour as we head over to my daughter's house and then to Save-a-buck, then to get food, then back to Lizzy's house to play games. Yes, all of my kids like to play games as they grew up with us all playing games together. Such fond memories of child #2 beating the crap out of all of us in Monopoly! He's also the richest of all of us now, go figure! :giggle4:
Hope to see you all in my challenge this month!
I bet you had a busy and fun-filled day.
Anyone who has the patience to play for keeps in Monopoly must have a good head for numbers. That is the opposite of me.
I'm going to try your challenge, I always struggle with white space ones but I want to give it a shot :)
We have the 2 granddaughters in the house, which is apparently no longer mine. What I thought were bedrooms are now Quiet Room, Creativity Room, and Dressing Room. And the Family Room is, mysteriously, Doggie Day Care, despite the total lack of dogs in the house. My poor husband has several times been the subject of Make Over Lab, because his hair will stand up as a Mohawk.
Bwuahhahahahha!!! At least you have something nominally called the Quiet Room. Although the grandkids' version of quiet might be different than yours ;)
I can not share the photo of this because my DS would kill me, but my Weis Director showed me an old photo of him when he was a camp counselor there a few years ago. He let kids put his hair in a "ponytail" on the top of his head. She texted it to me so I could show my husband. I feel your DH's pain and patience as being the Make Over Lab subject. :rotfl:
I’m now being called to bring my origami dog Violet to Day Care, so that's it for now!
This is sooooo adorable. You must be loving every minute and then crashing the second you put your head on the pillow. LOL! ♥
Sad to see Sister leave this morning at 7 AM but enjoyed this last week spent with her.
That always has to be hard and your house must feel quiet. You'll get back in the swing of things in no time though. Good luck at the derm appt this morning. And take it easy remaking the bedroom up- DD#3 will help you if you wait ;)
I've been trying to pick tomatoes the second they start to ripen because the chipmunks are grabbing all of them before I can LOL

Yesterday was a good day, but hot. Music in the park was fun but too hot. Nothing like sitting in the sun baking while trying to eat a burger and listen to music. I think it was 73* and full sun.
You would have hated to be at camp yesterday- we were outside most of the day and it was over 90* and humid. One of the kids said I had dirt on my face and I was sweating so much I think I had pine needles glued on. Some ladies go to work with fake eyelashes, I decorate myself with leaves and twigs.
The pool is a natural pool, stream-fed. It was carved out of the bedrock in the 1930s and the stream we explore on field trips runs into it. I was in charge of watching the kids in the shallow end and they were collecting the salamanders and releasing them. Sometimes they get to watch for frogs and snakes too.

@Cherylndesigns What a relief that you got a good night's sleep! What a funny story about Daisy's choice to sleep on the sofa. It has to be a nice break and hopefully will continue. Will she want to snuggle more in the winter? When we had cats we always knew when they were cold, they had to be right on top of us when we were trying to sleep.
Stress aggravates *everything* and yet-- how can you live life without stress? I don't think it is possible!

@taxed4ever what a way to wake up and get out on the lake. Bet you and Linda had a refreshing morning and an even more refreshing shower afterward. Did you get all of your Oscraps work done? Hope you have some time to scrap today!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
:friday:
It's HEEEERRREEEE!!
:dancingbfly:

As excited as I am that it is Friday, is there a way to make time slow down, please? Pretty, pretty please?:prettyplease:

As in-- I am *begging.*

I hope for your sake I don't do the weekly countdown every Friday but :holysheep: -- the wedding is in SIX weeks! And guess what showed up at my house yesterday? My shoes. The OG Lost in the Ether Pair. I will be contacting DSW this morning to cancel the second pair. They are listed as "processing" as of right now but then again, who knows if they got booted into the The Ether yet?

Summer camp was so much fun, I really love working with the kids. The head counselor is so creative with her activities and games. I am not on the schedule for any days this month yet but I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get at least a few days in. There are a ton of field trips being scheduled in October and I know I'll get called for some of those.

I was supposed to clean for my friend this morning but she is sick and canceled. Gary has to return the medicine cabinet we just got for the upstairs bathroom. It fell apart already (!) but it's been more than 90 days and Home Depot won't replace it. We get store credit - yay. :rolleyes: We have a Target GC and that is next to the Home Depot so we might pop in there to see what they have. I thought that might be a good idea and now I regret suggesting it. I hate shopping LOL

It's going to be 90+ degrees and ~50% humidity (its 79% now- ick) so I might catch up ion some scrapping this afternoon. So many new releases and challenges ♥

xo
YAY! So glad you got your shoes!
I hope you get some Weis work this month...on the cool days! HA! Like that's gonna happen in August!
What a pain regarding the medicine cabinet! No one makes anything the way things used to be made.....to last FOREVER!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Friday Morning to all!
Nothing on the docket for the day except to work some more challenges and watch over mine and work today's ATC.
It's going to be too stinking hot again to do anything but stay in the AC.
I did clean the birdbath this morning so the birds would have something clean to drink, LOL! I've never seen any of them actually bathing in it!
I also refilled the bird feeder and watered my Mother's Day plant given to me from my forever sister in law...my first husband's sister.
Ilene wanted me to come over today but she does not need to see me 3 days, LOL. She thinks she does. And I understand. She is a people person and living alone must be tough on her.
Have a wonderful day!

I'm going to try your challenge, I always struggle with white space ones but I want to give it a shot :)
Chris, I used to feel the same way. I always want to over think it. But I've learned to find a bg paper that I love, plop a photo down, minimize it, add a nice frame.....or not.....or use a nice photomask. Then add a title and an embellishment or two. Voila! Done!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone, its going to be another scorcher today, not a cloud in the sky and I would love to be out on the lake again, but we have screen door installation today. Well I have a door insert with mini blinds for the door that goes to the back patio from the kitchen and finally getting a Phantom Screen door for the craft room. That one I am really happy about as there is always a nice cool breeze that comes through that door. The In-Laws are having three Phantom screen doors installed. FIL has been losing sleep over it as he thinks that they won't do it right and I am sure he will drive the install guys nuts as he hovers over them while they work :crazy:. It's a long weekend for us here and there is a huge outdoor music festival that is happening at Lake Town Ranch. So I am happy to not have to go anywhere this weekend the traffic will be horrendous. My brother and SIL will be watching the thousand of tubers that will be going down the river all weekend long, but they are planning to attend the festival tonight to see Keith Urban. He is the headliner this year. Usually we all go to Youbou and the visit with the In-Laws, but now we just have to cross the street :giggle4:. Anyway I got all of my work done here yesterday, so today I should be able to keep cool in the house and get some scrapping done.

I hope for your sake I don't do the weekly countdown every Friday but :holysheep: -- the wedding is in SIX weeks!
OMG only six weeks left??? How the heck did that happen?? Opps sorry I don't mean to add to your stress, but man the time is really flying by!! It will all be ok my faery friend, you got this and you must be so excited for the big day to arrive!
Gary has to return the medicine cabinet we just got for the upstairs bathroom. It fell apart already (!)
Yes its true they just don't make anything to last anymore, hope you find something nice to replace it that lasts a lot longer!
Hooray for your shoes arriving, that happened to me with some curtains that I bought. One set was missing from the order, so they sent me the whole order again and told me not to bother to return the others. So I got an extra set of curtains for one of the bedrooms down stairs, BONUS!
It's going to be too stinking hot again to do anything but stay in the AC.
I did clean the birdbath this morning so the birds would have something clean to drink, LOL! I've never seen any of them actually bathing in it!
Going to be very hot for us here also, but at least our humidity isn't too bad. Poor Heather and the boys are cooking out in Ontario too humid to play outside, so she is stuck inside all the time can't get out to enjoy their town's 150 anniversary. There are supposed to be lots of great things for the kids to do, but its too stinking hot to go. :sad2:. Funny that the birds don't bath in your bird bath?? Nice that you give them clean water to drink though.

Ok I need to get dressed before the installers get here. I hope that you all have a wonderful :friday: Keep cool everyone!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Phantom Screen door
We need a new screen door. I've never heard of this Phantom one. I'll have to google it, LOL!
Anyway I got all of my work done here yesterday, so today I should be able to keep cool in the house and get some scrapping done.
Sounds like a great plan!
Funny that the birds don't bath in your bird bath?? Nice that you give them clean water to drink though.
I know. I don't get it! There's always bird crap and bird seed in it where they land on the chain that holds it up (it hangs off our deck) and I see them drinking but never bathing. Weird!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I was off-line (except for my phone) since Wed afternoon. The internet and tv went out. It took until Thurs late morning to finally get thru to them. Their customer service doesn't answer the phone in the evening or early morning anymore so we had to wait til yesterday morning at 9:00 am to call in, then was on the phone until almost 1 pm. They almost gave up and had to schedule a service call. A few techs admitted that service in our area is not the best but nobody does anything about it. Jen is with the other major provider out here and she has no trouble so when our contract is up next year we'll switch over. So frustrating. I have to unplug and reboot almost daily to get it working again and then there are the times (like this wk) where nothing I do works so I spend half a day on the phone. But...I am back online again now.

Darrell took Jen into Calgary to a hospital to get a cortisone shot into her shoulder. That should help with the arthritic pain. I'll leave in a few min and take all 3 dogs to the neighboring town to their dog park on the river. Bella is so funny, she periodically is howling for Jen and Remi then joins in with her, the two of them are on different floors of the house and are howling together. Bella is high pitched and crackly and Remi's is strong, with a lot of varying tones, she can howl in a deep voice and then raise it up quite high. It is so funny to hear them together LOL. Each time Bella howls is only for a min and just every 20 min or so.

We've been busy with games and making new friends. Tomorrow we'll go with a group to the legion to play games, buy tickets to the meat draws and 50/50, for the afternoon. Then on Sun we have a few coming over to play Mexican Train.

Darrell has been busy buying new clothes for the upcoming trip. It's nice to see him enjoying shopping for himself, he's never been one to care about clothes but I think its b/c we are meeting so many people and have such a busy social life, he is taking more pride in his appearance. It's so nice to see.

I am going to try packing in a way that I saw on youtube. You lay out the clothes for a whole day (including purse, shoes, coat, etc) for an important day, casual everyday, comfy day and traveling day. Then you look to see where there might be overlap or missing items and fill in the gaps and put in a few more items. The items from each of these days goes into packing cubes (which I already have) and then you don't have to go searching thru suitcases to find everything. The more I travel the more I like to streamline my luggage.

@faerywings That's ridiculous that the cabinet fell apart so quickly. I agree with Trudy, they just don't make things well anymore. The wedding is so close and I know it's going to be so wonderful. Can't wait to see pics of their day.

@taxed4ever How fun for your SIL to see Keith Urban, love his music. I'm not really a country fan but there are a few singers I like and he is definitely one of them. Enjoy the new screen doors.

I'd better get dressed and get the dogs out. HAGD everyone.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
@vickyday I think phantom is a brand name but its a sliding screen door that retracts behind the main door when not pulled out. We have had them for years in all of our homes, they are so convenient. We have one on the kitchen sliding door to the porch. We had one on our front door at the other house too but here we don't need it. I recommend them, they are awesome.

AK_Tracy

Good Morning!
:windy1:
Hold on, its gonna be a fun one again. Up to 30mph winds expected this afternoon.

@faerywings so glad your shoes showed up!!!! Its always the moment you call that things show up. Its funny how that works.

You all have such hot weather. I am so sorry. Wish I could share some of our cooler weather.

Hoping to get a layout or two done today and some laundry. Darn clothes haven't learned to clean themselves yet.

@bcgal00 good to see you here. Sorry the internet has been such an issue. It sounds terrible.

HAGD!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday I think phantom is a brand name but its a sliding screen door that retracts behind the main door when not pulled out. We have had them for years in all of our homes, they are so convenient. We have one on the kitchen sliding door to the porch. We had one on our front door at the other house too but here we don't need it. I recommend them, they are awesome.
Thanks, Rae!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
:windy1:
Hold on, its gonna be a fun one again. Up to 30mph winds expected this afternoon.

@faerywings so glad your shoes showed up!!!! Its always the moment you call that things show up. Its funny how that works.

You all have such hot weather. I am so sorry. Wish I could share some of our cooler weather.

Hoping to get a layout or two done today and some laundry. Darn clothes haven't learned to clean themselves yet.

@bcgal00 good to see you here. Sorry the internet has been such an issue. It sounds terrible.

HAGD!
Wouldn't that be wonderful for our clothes to wash, fold/hang, put themselves away!

AK_Tracy

Wouldn't that be wonderful for our clothes to wash, fold/hang, put themselves away!
Yes! Someone needs to invent a machine that moves laundry from wash to dryer to folded and I'll put them away. I'll even throw them in the wash. But the middle part, please make a machine!!!! :floorlaugh:

AK_Tracy

Its Friday. Means pizza night. What a fun tradition to start but ugh no-one tells you you cant ever stop again!!!! :dinner:

:drinks2: Pour a drink and sing a song. Off to prep all the toppings and sauce. Hmmmmm what to listen to? 80's?Country? Irish Punk? Yep, Bon Jovi!!!! Wins every time :drinkglance:

I finished my July pages for my book. Sorry Twin @JeanneMN I made 8 pages. Thankful for my Mosaic Template I got over a year ago, allows me to add lots of photos on one page. When grand says "do 'gain" you better believe I do it again and take more photos!!! I laughed when downloading photos yesterday. I only took 83 in a day.

I'm procrastinating ...... can ya tell??? I'm ready for margaritas and laughter! Where and when ladies???

Okay, really must go now. adulting is cracking the whip and I got to move. See you all later. Have a wonderful Friday night!