Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Friday, August 16

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hey friends! Happy Friday! :waving1
Boy oh boy, this past week zooooooomed by. In a blink.
I didn't jink myself completely yesterday:
Today should be a calmer day-- I'm cleaning for my friend this morning and the afternoon is open ATM. I have to put away the stuff I left on the patio yesterday. I think that is all that I need to do, the rest should be stuff I *want* to do.
*knocks wood*
Let's not tempt Fate again, Faery :D
I cleaned, grabbed lunch, and then spent the afternoon cleaning the patio and some of the front garden areas. But it was 100% what I wanted to do. I listened to three episodes of one of my favorite podcasts "After Dark" which is all about the darker side of history. The ones on the playlist yesterday were Harry Houdini/Spiritualism, a serial killing family in 1870s Kansas, and the last days of Marie Antoinette. The historians who host these keep just the right balance of creep factor and humor.
Once I was done with all that I even had time to scrap a page for a Prerelease and cooked dinner.
Whenever I feel an ache or pain (often!) I stress that it is Lyme relapse. Then I think of everything I did and I'm not gasping and writhing on the floor and I think... Naaaaah, man, You're good! :D

I am off to my BFFs today to chat and float in the pool. I should get her opinions on some of the hairstyles I'm thinking about. She has a much better sense of style than I do. Of course, so does a goat! Hahah!!
1723806418755.jpeg

Big hugs everyone!
:hug4:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday good luck at DMV today! I hope you only get happy people and no lines! Is it just a license renewal with new docs or do you need to do a driving test again?
That's awesome about the Kohl's cash, and even better it's because Mark needs smaller sizes. Sooo glad the Ozempic is helping.
Have fun visiting with the family tonight!

. Been keeping the craft room door closed so I could ignore the mess. :wow2: :wow2::wow2: :floorlaugh:
Sometimes you gotta do that to keep your sanity. :p
Thanks for the info on the lighting app! I use my phone for any selfies (which is extremely rare) and I know there have to be selfie settings but I sure as heck have no clue where they are and how they work :giggle4:

I'm going to tell you the same thing I said to Tracy-- take breaks and more than you think you need! :whip3:

Every time I opened my Photoshop yesterday there was a phone call or txt could I look up this or would you do me a favour and look for this?? Aye yii yii!!! :rollingpin1: Leave me alone people!!
Arghhhh! I hate it when that happens!! You carve out a bit of time for yourself but no one or nothing respects it.
I hope you had better luck yesterday!
Are the boys getting excited for back to school? Only a few more weeks!
People look at me crazy when I say good morning and its 1 p.m. but hey, its my roll and I'm tumbling down the time hill fast and might need more coffee so
GOOD MORNING! :floorlaugh:
It's always morning somewhere! ;)
And you are crazy, just sayin'
This is funny! This must think the two of you are awesome and can handle anything, which you do!
I think they were desperate. The director has such good intuition on who to hire or bring on as an intern. She worked for Sony in some upper-level position and decided it was not for her before she became a Trustee and the Director at Weis. Same with the founder of Trailbound, he worked on Wall Street. It's awesome that they knew they weren't happy and put their knowledge and talent for a better (IMH) cause. Both orgs have amazing staff so it's not surprising that everyone gets along.
I know it's too late but for next time-- stretch your legs and ankles before you go up and down the ladder. I destroyed my Achilles tendon when I painted my LR/DR a few years ago and ended up in a boot. Gentle stretches and lots of breaks.

@JeanneMN
They were, so we said, done!
hehe, after all of that searching for the perfect frames LOL!

Came home and stopped at the financial advisor to figure out how to pay for my dental work.
It's awful that is what needs to be done :(
But worth it. YOU are worth it!

Then I braved the craft room... :wow2::wow2::wow2: :nod1::nod1::nod1::bouncing::bouncing::bouncing::wow2::wow2::wow2: Almost ran screaming...'save me"..."save me"... but pulled up my 'big girl panties' and ventured inside.
:rotfl:
3 hours later...
How are you feeling today? I hope your plans include the massage chair and a good book if you need them.

Was he ever angry! He was literally knocking things over. I kept saying "I'm sorry, sweetheart" and I ordered hm another one but it hasn't been delivered yet. I thought if I gave him a bowl of about the same color, it would replace the fountain. Wrong. Finally, he's drinking out of the green bowl, but I just know he doesn't like it. I'm thinking "why can't you just drink out of Daisy's water bowl, for Pete's sake?"
Cats.... they do their own thing... It's funny to me since I am far away in NJ and not incurring his wrath but I am LMBO!
I have heard that some cats only drink running water so people will leave a drip going in a sink. Can;t do that here with a well/septic but maybe that could be a "Break Glass" option.

his year, she's worse - she wants to get in the minute she gets up. Ava sent me pictures from early this am and she was MAD because she had to eat breakfast before she could do anything else.
Again, I say this from far away NJ-- but that is too cute! :D

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy. You are like my kids. And Gary. Never listening to my words of wisdom. (And bad past experiences, I never do the right thing either) :lol23:
Take it easy today and feel better!

This made me laugh, Tracy! Our Town pool opens at 12N and all of us walk in saying, "Good Morning!" adding, "Well, it really isn't morning now!". We finally decided "It WAS morning a minute ago" and "Good Morning" somehow DOES sound better so that's what we do. Agreed and you put it so well! :heartpumppink:
LOL!!! "Good Morning" still has so many possibilities for the day :)

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Up early this AM... woke up at 4AM and couldn't fall back asleep. Bit the bullet and cancelled Netflix this morning. My free year was up so decided it was time to cancel it. Have only watched 1-2 movies a month lately so not worth the cost to keep it going. Been watching more of my DVDs than Netflix.

@faerywings Wow... you were a busy gal yesterday. Hope your body held up to all that work... especially the garden cleaning. I need to spray the weeds again... the rain brought up more weeds and the HOA will complain if I don't kill them soon! Sure hope you don't have any more nightmares about your MOB dress!!!

I used the chair massager after I stopped working in the craft room and that helped with the aching back. I did go back in there with 2 small bins and loaded the Wedding Albums and supplies into them. Now I can see half of the top of the cutting table.... not sure when I will finish clearing the other half!!! :wow2: :wow2: Maybe next week.. or the week after that??? :floorlaugh:

But in the meantime I need to sort and do the :laundry:. BBL

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Been awake since about 5 in anticipation of getting the DMV visit out of the way! Finally got up before the alarm was set for 6, took my shower, dressed and left about an hour early. But, I wanted to take my time and drive the speed limit, LOL! Got there about 20 minutes early and had to wait for the doors to open at 7. There were already others there waiting, too, sitting in their cars. At 6:59 I headed to the doors and they opened them as I got up to it. First one to check in, second one called. Back in the car by 7:21. The man who waited on me was very pleasant. Thank You, Lord!

No plans really except to clean the bathroom and mop a bit. I've been working on some scripture art so may do some more of that today. Mark headed to the woods since it is cooler and the humidity is fairly low at this point. He wanted to run Piper some and then sit at the cabin and read before it gets too hot.

HAGD

She has a much better sense of style than I do. Of course, so does a goat! Hahah!!
Same here! I have no sense of style and don't really care! I wear what I like and the Fashionistas just have to deal with it, LOL!
good luck at DMV today! I hope you only get happy people and no lines! Is it just a license renewal with new docs or do you need to do a driving test again?
That's awesome about the Kohl's cash, and even better it's because Mark needs smaller sizes. Sooo glad the Ozempic is helping.
Have fun visiting with the family tonight!
The DMV was a good visit! Don't have to go back for 5 years.
I love Kohl's cash! It makes me happy that the Ozempic is helping Mark!
The family visit will be short and sweet.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning all! It is overcast but I can see patches of blue heading our way. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny and warm one, but man oh man we sure could use some rain!! Not much happening around here today, so I hope to do some more scrapping. I actually got a layout done for Lynne Grieveson's featured product challenge. Hooray!! I think my mojo is poking its head up from behind the couch finally! :couchhide: Yesterday MIL and FIL had their new tv stand delivered, so FIL spent most of the day putting it together and we went over after dinner so help move the tv and other things onto the new stand. It turned out very nice and we all just think it looks perfect! FIL was very happy!! Next thing on the agenda for them is new blinds. They want to come and look at ours, because MIL wants them all to be run by a remote. Not sure how she will do going up our stairs, but we will see. I should see if SIL Linda would like to do the long walk along the dike again today. I sat far too long in front of the computer yesterday and I really need to get the exercise!
Boy oh boy, this past week zooooooomed by. In a blink.
I didn't jink myself completely yesterday:
The week really did fly by!! So glad that you did not jinx yourself yesterday, and glad I did not also!! Hoping today will be the same and I can do what ever I feel like doing without interruption!! Not sure that the boys are excited to go back to school, but Heather sure is!!
I am off to my BFFs today to chat and float in the pool. I should get her opinions on some of the hairstyles I'm thinking about. She has a much better sense of style than I do. Of course, so does a goat! Hahah!!
How nice to have your BFF so close by and to spend time floating in the pool!! I would love to have a pool, but one big enough to do laps in :giggle4:. I don't ask for much right?? Hmmm seems we need a swimming emoji.
Up early this AM... woke up at 4AM and couldn't fall back asleep. Bit the bullet and cancelled Netflix this morning. My free year was up so decided it was time to cancel it. Have only watched 1-2 movies a month lately so not worth the cost to keep it going. Been watching more of my DVDs than Netflix.
Sorry you were up so darn early!! Yes I need to Bite the Bullet and cancel my Apple TV+ next week, we got 3 months free when I got my new iMac and I am not spending all that money on something that we rarely watch.
First one to check in, second one called. Back in the car by 7:21. The man who waited on me was very pleasant. Thank You, Lord!
How awesome that you were the first one in and second one called!! Gotta love that! Now you won't have to worry about it again for 5 more years BONUS!! Hope you enjoy working on your scripture art!!

Alright, I am in need of a second cup of coffee, then I am off to the gallery to be inspired to do another challenge today! Have a wonderful :friday:

JeanneMN

GrOwing Old is mandatOry grOwing up is OptiOnal
CHEERY O
But worth it. YOU are worth it!
Thank you , that means a lot! I'm not sure hubs feels that way, he was one of 10 kids in a 3 bedroom house, mom had babies, kids took care of them, and spent money, his dad was a saint. I have never liked my smile, but that's not the reason this work needs to be done, but I will have a nicer smile because of it.
Now I can see half of the top of the cutting table.... not sure when I will finish clearing the other half!!! :wow2: :wow2: Maybe next week.. or the week after that??? :floorlaugh:
NOW you described a "Jeanne" Day!!
Same here! I have no sense of style and don't really care! I wear what I like and the Fashionistas just have to deal with it, LOL!
I have style, but it's my personal style LoL, and the fashionistas don't like it, but that's fine because I don't like theirs which is why it's not my style.
The DMV was a good visit! Don't have to go back for 5 years.
Hooray! How'd the picture turn out? I typically change my hairstyle or glasses after the picture is taken.

Must be the day to get up before the alarm. I woke up at 4:00 before the 4:15 alarm. I went to the gym and did a half hour of strength training & an hour on the elliptical. Took my sweaty drippy body to the shower. I'm not one of those cute glisten workout people, I'm somebody who left the faucet on dripping wet. Why can't I just drip fat cells instead? Then I went to the grocery store, picked up veggie tray for baby shower tomorrow, groceries, hubs prescription, the $70 inhaler. The lady says, " An expensive one today, and I replied with, it was over $400 when he first started on it." It's been a year. If I don't want to go "Commando" to the baby shower tomorrow I better do laundry. Somehow, I managed to forget my gym bag at the gym on Monday, I do believe the sweaty clothes in the plastic bay in there are climbing into the washer themselves. Since I'm sure you're all running for the eye sanitizer I'll save the description of the shower productions for later. Laundry & then scrapping :)

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I'm exhausted and sleep deprived, Remi has been in the animal hospital and hopefully soon will see a surgeon to set up surgery. Life never seems to slow down for us. We were just getting settled in our new routine and bam...Remi injured her leg and now my schedule will change again to accommodate surgery and recovery for her. She tore her knee ligament (CLL) and x-rays show that she will need surgery. She is heavily medicated and crated, they don't want her walking except for a quick bathroom break a few times a day. Poor girl, it breaks my heart. She lies in the crate, lightly wagging her tail at me as I lean in thru the door and rub her head and talk to her. She hops out on 3 legs for a bathroom break and then goes right back into it. She seems to know she isn't supposed to walk around the house. I slept in the living room last night b/c she has always slept with me but now she can't go up the stairs and she's too heavy for us to carry her up. So she'll be living on the main floor for the next 3-4 months. Ugh. Life is crazy.

Going away for the cruise now is a terrible idea but we already paid for it and will have to unfortunately rely on Jen to do a lot of the post-op work with Remi.

Hopefully over the coming months, Remi will recover and be walking and running again but it's going to be a long process. Poor girl sure has had her share of medical woes. They said she may need the other knee done too but for now it's ok, only slight degeneration. Fingers crossed she gets thru the first one before the other one needing surgery.

I know you all will, so I thank you for any good thoughts and prayers for Remi.

Silver lining...if there is one right now...is that Darrell found a ramp on FB marketplace so he's gone to pick that up. There are 3 stairs to get out the front door or down into the garage so this will help Remi get outside. I have to use a brace under her belly to help her walk. I had bought the brace last year when I saw it on amazon, thinking that it might be useful for Taz as he ages and his stumbling gets worse, but I never thought I would be using it for Remi.

So my crazy life continues in a direction I didn't see coming. I'll be glad when Remi has surgery and recovers. Ask me in 4 months how it is going. My poor girl is going to be going crazy without her number one joy in life (ball chasing). They said she won't be doing that for many months and may never be doing it as she used to.

Sorry for the long story...

I'd better go check on her. She is having quiet time in the living room in her crate. Talk again later. Hope all is well with you guys.

AK_Tracy

Good Morning!
Happy Friday! may it find us all sitting on our butts scrapping chatting and taking it easy.
Tracy, Tracy, Tracy. You are like my kids. And Gary. Never listening to my words of wisdom. (And bad past experiences, I never do the right thing either) :lol23:
Take it easy today and feel better!
Yeah yeah yeah Mom, I should have listened. But did you take breaks while yard working? No, see I followed your lead. :floorlaugh: My CMT means once I start moving on a big project, I have to keep going because the second I stop, it is over. So yeah powered through, up down up down the ladder but I did have hubs paint the parts I couldn't reach instead of going higher up the ladder and leaning. It looks so much more......... more better. Yep, Its rich and warm and cozy. I said that to hubs last night and we just laughed and laughed as I pulled out all my HGTV words to describe how much I love the new color. My honey oak cabinets really pop now.
But in the meantime I need to sort and do the :laundry:. BBL
I think I would rather clean the craft room the laundry.
First one to check in, second one called. Back in the car by 7:21. The man who waited on me was very pleasant. Thank You, Lord!
Vicky that is awesome!!!!! Wooo hoooo!!!!! And the guy hadn't been there long enough to get cranky!
Yesterday was a beautiful sunny and warm one, but man oh man we sure could use some rain!!
I'm so sorry. I told the rain to go see you and it said nope, staying put. We have plenty. I am trying to share.
Must be the day to get up before the alarm.
Sure is the day for early. I must have heard you all moving about as 2:30 the dog decided to pace the bedroom. So I got up and let her out and she stared at me and wouldn't move away from the door. They're glass so I could watch her. He went out the door, turned around and stood there like why are we out here? Ugh. Good thing she's cute. I dont do early for anyone. Thankfully I went back to bed.

Yep, painting was amazing and I am SO happy with my color choice. I love it more then the original. But when I picked the original I wanted bright cause hubs was worried about things being dark in winter. Well, our house is so open it would be hard to be dark.
Now I have to do like Kay and do some laundry today and make pizza crust. Forgot to make dough Monday so it needs to be done this morning. Wont be as amazing but very close. Time for more coffee. Have a wonderful Friday.

AK_Tracy

She tore her knee ligament (CLL) and x-rays show that she will need surgery. She is heavily medicated and crated, they don't want her walking except for a quick bathroom break a few times a day. Poor girl, it breaks my heart.
Oh Rae, :heartpumppink: Poor Remi. This sounds awful. I hope you can eventually get some sleep. I cant imagine how bad Remi feels for her to willingly go right back to the crate. Poor girl. I'm glad that they will be able to help her and she will recover but wow that's gonna be a long recovery. She will be missing her play dates and running around like crazy.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I think my mojo is poking its head up from behind the couch finally!
YAY!!
I should see if SIL Linda would like to do the long walk along the dike again today. I sat far too long in front of the computer yesterday and I really need to get the exercise!
I do that every day.....sit too long!
I have style, but it's my personal style LoL, and the fashionistas don't like it, but that's fine because I don't like theirs which is why it's not my style.
Exactly!
How'd the picture turn out? I typically change my hairstyle or glasses after the picture is taken.
HA! It's me! I don't get why they make me take my glasses off, however! I ALWAYS have them on except for sleeping, LOL! But, I do think I need a haircut! ;)
I'll save the description of the shower productions for later.
Do tell!
Remi injured her leg and now my schedule will change again to accommodate surgery and recovery for her. She tore her knee ligament (CLL) and x-rays show that she will need surgery. She is heavily medicated and crated, they don't want her walking except for a quick bathroom break a few times a day.
AWWW! Poor baby girl!
I know you all will, so I thank you for any good thoughts and prayers for Remi.
Already done! Praying she heals quickly!
So my crazy life continues in a direction I didn't see coming.
Yes, Rae, life is crazy! But I always remember this verse.....And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28. This is my life verse!
once I start moving on a big project, I have to keep going because the second I stop, it is over.
I am the same way!
I love the new color.
YAY!
And the guy hadn't been there long enough to get cranky!
I thought the same thing! But, one of the questions he asked (why, I do not know) is if my voting registration was up-to-date. I told him it was OK and said, "That is happening again soon, isn't it?" He went into a rant (that I will keep to myself, LOL).....so he may have been OK with me, but by the end of the day talking politics he will not be!

AK_Tracy

I thought the same thing! But, one of the questions he asked (why, I do not know) is if my voting registration was up-to-date. I told him it was OK and said, "That is happening again soon, isn't it?" He went into a rant (that I will keep to myself, LOL).....so he may have been OK with me, but by the end of the day talking politics he will not be!
Why do all conversation right now have to go political? I can tell you right now the cashier, bagger, or dmv worker is not going to change my mind in the 2 minutes they have to talk to me. Drives me crazy. Do they think a heated rant will change my mind? Hello!!! Stubborn in my first and last name. Rants make me dig in deeper just because. Okay, there's my :soapbox:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Well, the laundry did not get sorted after all. I ended up working in the craft room AGAIN!!! And it looks like a bomb went off in there...AGAIN!!! I was looking for papers for the wedding album...and remembered that there might be some in 1 of the 2 large crates under the typing table (by the side of the desk). Had to pull out a rolling tote first (it was in front of the crates). Looked in it and discovered it was full of packs of 12X12 cardstock. Yes!!! it had a pack of gold cardstock like I used in the 50th Anniversary album!!! :woohoo: Pulled both crates out and the 2nd crate was full of 8 1/2 X 11 cardstock plus several different vellums (one with gold scrolls) and more gold cardstock!!! Plus several packs of photo sleeves!!! I was doing a happy chair dance to find these. They are now in the bin with the other cardstock/tools for the Wedding album stuff. Now, I need to empty/move the hanging files with cardstock into the rolling bin where the other cardstock is.

The huge surprise was what was in the 1st crate... it was filled with cardstock, rubber stamps, newspapers, and lots of photos from our all school reunions (started in 1971 and still happening each year - although we didn't attend every year), Had the pages done until 2003. I thought I had scrapped all of them but.... NO... found more photos in the box from later years. Realized I had stopped making pages because the binder was full and overflowing. So now I have another scrapping project. Also realized that I have an album from my 30th reunion (we were host class for it) that is made with magnetic pages... need to transfer all of it to an acid-free one. Here is one page from the album...

Image (91).jpg

I am almost afraid to go back into the craft room for fear of finding even MORE projects I need to work on...

:bouncing::bouncing::bouncing:

AK_Tracy

Well, the laundry did not get sorted after all. I ended up working in the craft room AGAIN!!! And it looks like a bomb went off in there...AGAIN!!! I was looking for papers for the wedding album...and remembered that there might be some in 1 of the 2 large crates under the typing table (by the side of the desk). Had to pull out a rolling tote first (it was in front of the crates). Looked in it and discovered it was full of packs of 12X12 cardstock. Yes!!! it had a pack of gold cardstock like I used in the 50th Anniversary album!!! :woohoo: Pulled both crates out and the 2nd crate was full of 8 1/2 X 11 cardstock plus several different vellums (one with gold scrolls) and more gold cardstock!!! Plus several packs of photo sleeves!!! I was doing a happy chair dance to find these. They are now in the bin with the other cardstock/tools for the Wedding album stuff. Now, I need to empty/move the hanging files with cardstock into the rolling bin where the other cardstock is.

The huge surprise was what was in the 1st crate... it was filled with cardstock, rubber stamps, newspapers, and lots of photos from our all school reunions (started in 1971 and still happening each year - although we didn't attend every year), Had the pages done until 2003. I thought I had scrapped all of them but.... NO... found more photos in the box from later years. Realized I had stopped making pages because the binder was full and overflowing. So now I have another scrapping project. Also realized that I have an album from my 30th reunion (we were host class for it) that is made with magnetic pages... need to transfer all of it to an acid-free one. Here is one page from the album...

View attachment 426123

I am almost afraid to go back into the craft room for fear of finding even MORE projects I need to work on...

:bouncing::bouncing::bouncing:
Oh my goodness Girl!!! RUN to the massage chair! Take a break. I am so happy you found treasures you were looking for but man, I am wore out reading all the work you been doing!
:hammock:

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
The huge surprise was what was in the 1st crate... it was filled with cardstock, rubber stamps, newspapers, and lots of photos from our all school reunions (started in 1971 and still happening each year - although we didn't attend every year), Had the pages done until 2003. I thought I had scrapped all of them but.... NO... found more photos in the box from later years. Realized I had stopped making pages because the binder was full and overflowing. So now I have another scrapping project.
minion-woohoo.gif

JeanneMN

CHEERY O
No, commandos, load one is done including folding and put away. Second load in the dryer. Third load in the washing machine. Anyone else have this particular load in your laundry room?
20240816_104247.jpg

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Why do all conversation right now have to go political? I can tell you right now the cashier, bagger, or dmv worker is not going to change my mind in the 2 minutes they have to talk to me. Drives me crazy. Do they think a heated rant will change my mind? Hello!!! Stubborn in my first and last name. Rants make me dig in deeper just because. Okay, there's my :soapbox:
Well, fortunately, he was on "my side" LOL! But, I agree with you! I'm not going to change my views just because you yell a little louder!

mimes1

CHEERY O
Hi everyone - it's been fun scrolling through today and seeing what all you've been up too! It was an early day for me too like so many others. Woke up at 4, and dozed on and off until 5 then got up. Mark is off to see the girls this weekend, so I"m home alone for a little down time. Happy to have the house to myself for a couple days to process and get grounded. It's been a while.
I picked up Ike's ashes after work. They did a super nice job with the presentation. I'm happy to have him home. Working life is good. It's enjoyable work, and the people couldn't be better. This evening I'm hoping to find some of that missing mojo and create something! Hope you all have had a good day!

AK_Tracy

Hi everyone - it's been fun scrolling through today and seeing what all you've been up too! It was an early day for me too like so many others. Woke up at 4, and dozed on and off until 5 then got up. Mark is off to see the girls this weekend, so I"m home alone for a little down time. Happy to have the house to myself for a couple days to process and get grounded. It's been a while.
I picked up Ike's ashes after work. They did a super nice job with the presentation. I'm happy to have him home. Working life is good. It's enjoyable work, and the people couldn't be better. This evening I'm hoping to find some of that missing mojo and create something! Hope you all have had a good day!
Dont scroll too far back :giggle4: You might find that a couple of us :pokestick: Didn't behave and dad jokes flew like mad. Gnat and patients might have played a part too :giggle4:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello all and happy Friday evening.

I know it's late, but better late than never. I went up to Adrienne's house this afternoon to spend some time with her and the kiddos. Kinleigh's such a little stinker. She only wants to do what SHE wants to do. She's very "bossy" and I asked her if she wanted to show me her new (life sized) doll house that Grammie bought her. She said "No". Kids!! It's ok - I've already seen it. :lol23: :rotfl:She much prefers Roger over any of us, "Poppy" and makes no bones about it. Anyway, she was mad (again) because she couldn't go in the pool. Darned pools anyway. They were going out somewhere and her mom didn't want her to get wet.

I have a "dinner date" tomorrow night. HA! It's with Alyssa and her new boyfriend (the guy who came over here a week or so ago). Adrienne wanted to "roll" our date in with the whole family and all of us go out to dinner tomorrow night. Alyssa wouldn't hear of it. . LOL I was happy because I'm looking forward to getting to know her new bf better and that would be hard to do with so many people. We decided to go to Olive Garden in Muskogee and I'm really looking forward to that.

Was he ever angry! He was literally knocking things over. I kept saying "I'm sorry, sweetheart" and I ordered hm another one but it hasn't been delivered yet. I thought if I gave him a bowl of about the same color, it would replace the fountain. Wrong. Finally, he's drinking out of the green bowl, but I just know he doesn't like it. I'm thinking "why can't you just drink out of Daisy's water bowl, for Pete's sake?"
Cats.... they do their own thing... It's funny to me since I am far away in NJ and not incurring his wrath but I am LMBO!
I have heard that some cats only drink running water so people will leave a drip going in a sink. Can't do that here with a well/septic but maybe that could be a "Break Glass" option.

I got Sam's new drinking fountain put together last night. He was SO happy and went over and put his little face right in the running water. I believe that they like running water. He sure does. I've never had a cat that liked water like he does. He even walked into the shower the other day when the water was running.

I'm going to sign off now. I just woke up from a nap on the sofa. That's what happens when I sit down out there. I also feel like I'm getting a cold. That's very rare for me, but they're all around me. It's getting close to getting a flu shot. I got a notice from Walgreens, but our doctor told us a couple of years ago that he thought it was a little early to get one. So, I think I'll wait about a month.

I'm fgoing to try to scrap a little and get my mind off my stuffy head.

AK_Tracy

Hello all and happy Friday evening.

I know it's late, but better late than never. I went up to Adrienne's house this afternoon to spend some time with her and the kiddos. Kinleigh's such a little stinker. She only wants to do what SHE wants to do. She's very "bossy" and I asked her if she wanted to show me her new (life sized) doll house that Grammie bought her. She said "No". Kids!! It's ok - I've already seen it. :lol23: :rotfl:She much prefers Roger over any of us, "Poppy" and makes no bones about it. Anyway, she was mad (again) because she couldn't go in the pool. Darned pools anyway. They were going out somewhere and her mom didn't want her to get wet.

I have a "dinner date" tomorrow night. HA! It's with Alyssa and her new boyfriend (the guy who came over here a week or so ago). Adrienne wanted to "roll" our date in with the whole family and all of us go out to dinner tomorrow night. Alyssa wouldn't hear of it. . LOL I was happy because I'm looking forward to getting to know her new bf better and that would be hard to do with so many people. We decided to go to Olive Garden in Muskogee and I'm really looking forward to that.

I have heard that some cats only drink running water so people will leave a drip going in a sink. Can't do that here with a well/septic but maybe that could be a "Break Glass" option.

I got Sam's new drinking fountain put together last night. He was SO happy and went over and put his little face right in the running water. I believe that they like running water. He sure does. I've never had a cat that liked water like he does. He even walked into the shower the other day when the water was running.

I'm going to sign off now. I just woke up from a nap on the sofa. That's what happens when I sit down out there. I also feel like I'm getting a cold. That's very rare for me, but they're all around me. It's getting close to getting a flu shot. I got a notice from Walgreens, but our doctor told us a couple of years ago that he thought it was a little early to get one. So, I think I'll wait about a month.

I'm fgoing to try to scrap a little and get my mind off my stuffy head.
Oh cats, they're so funny!!!! Mine loved running water too but never enough to walk into the shower LOL

I hope you are able to avoid the cold and get some rest.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Oh cats, they're so funny!!!! Mine loved running water too but never enough to walk into the shower LOL

I hope you are able to avoid the cold and get some rest.
He's a funny, funny cat. I've never had a cat quite like him. I have little bells hanging on the doors and when he wants to go out, he reaches up and rings them. :floorlaugh: We call them his "kitty bells".

I feel much better today, thanks Tracy. I thought i was getting a cold for sure last night.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Tracy @AK_Tracy he started this himself. I have an office door that leads to the patio. One of my friends knew I loved owls, so when we moved, she sent me this little owl with a bell on it that's a door hanger. When we first got Sam, he'd go to that owl and ring the bell when he wanted to go out. So, I tried to find the same things on Amazon, but they didn't have them. I just bought little brass bells and he does the same thing with them. He's a funny guy. :lol23: